Will Nintendo replace Wiimote if damage due to wrist strap breakage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DriftRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DriftRS
Member since 2004 • 3491 Posts

Hi, my bro was just playing tennis and the Wiimote sliped from his hand, strap broke, remote wacked wall, and now it no longer works. (Don't worry, we've mocked him enough over it already). Anyway has anyone had any luck getting a replacment or fix under warranty?

My other problem is I only have the layby reciept (from the pre-order), so I hope that'll work....

Thanks for any info.

Kaa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kaa21
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
I don't think contacting them would hurt.... I've never heard of anyone getting a replaclement Wiimote, but you could always try. 
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
ye its worth a try but dont get your hopes up
DriftRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DriftRS
Member since 2004 • 3491 Posts

well I figure the strap is meant to protect against this sorta thing, but then he did swing it pretty hard : /

Maybe we can send it in and see if Ninty could repair it or something... I dunno anyone acctually ahd experience with this b4?

NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

Hi, my bro was just playing tennis and the Wiimote sliped from his hand, strap broke, remote wacked wall, and now it no longer works. (Don't worry, we've mocked him enough over it already). Anyway has anyone had any luck getting a replacment or fix under warranty?

My other problem is I only have the layby reciept (from the pre-order), so I hope that'll work....

Thanks for any info.

DriftRS
do you have the new straps that nintendo told you to order from their website? if not its not really their fault as all Wiimotes that were produced lately have the thicker straps that are pretty much unbreakable. Nintendo has stated many times that you should order new straps if you are still using the old ones and even sent a message out to all Wii's telling you to order the new ones.