• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

Well I'm pretty happy to own a Wii now, but here comes the hardest decision I've actually had to make in a while.  Should I buy the 360 Elite or the high-end PS3?  As much as I love my Wii, it seems like it should be a secondary console to an actual high-def console.  One of my reasons for this is because I need a DVD player.  Before you yell out, "Why don't you have one?  Just buy a DVD player!", first I moved out of my parents house and living on my own, so I'm trying to settle down as it is.  I don't want a generic DVD player because it doesn't seem to fit right with this really nice HDTV I just bought a while ago, so I wanted something that could use it to its full possible extent: the HDMI input.  Both high-def consoles feature them now, but deciding which of the two is better is becoming a tough choice.  I'd like a console that can solve "most" of my multimedia problems too, and I hear both ups and flaws from each.

I ask in this forum because it seems wiser to ask neutral gamers than, say, asking this same question on the PS3 forum or the 360 forum.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 12003 Posts

Well I'm pretty happy to own a Wii now, but here comes the hardest decision I've actually had to make in a while.  Should I buy the 360 Elite or the high-end PS3?  As much as I love my Wii, it seems like it should be a secondary console to an actual high-def console.  One of my reasons for this is because I need a DVD player.  Before you yell out, "Why don't you have one?  Just buy a DVD player!", first I moved out of my parents house and living on my own, so I'm trying to settle down as it is.  I don't want a generic DVD player because it doesn't seem to fit right with this really nice HDTV I just bought a while ago, so I wanted something that could use it to its full possible extent: the HDMI input.  Both high-def consoles feature them now, but deciding which of the two is better is becoming a tough choice.  I'd like a console that can solve "most" of my multimedia problems too, and I hear both ups and flaws from each.

I ask in this forum because it seems wiser to ask neutral gamers than, say, asking this same question on the PS3 forum or the 360 forum.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

rockstar_88
the wii by itself is good enough to me
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

Wii60

thats as good as it gets

ScottHFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ScottHFC
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts
PS3, soon that will jump ahead of the 360 when the games start to exceed the 9GB limit on 360 games.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
I'd say the Wii is good enough on it's own but I'm going to buy a 360 just for all the good games coming out soon
Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts

well do u have a computer

i dont think either will solve most ur multimedia needs but a pc will solve all of them, just get a cable to hook ur pc to ur tv

also note that most pc's will handle ur hdtv quite easily

hd is old to pc as of now pc is in extreme hd

Avatar image for RadioactiveApeX
RadioactiveApeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 RadioactiveApeX
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts

I have a Wii60 and it rocks

Most of the good, exclusive PS3 games seem to be coming to the 360 anyway, so you get the most out of your consoles this way.

lilarchie232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lilarchie232
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

wii60 with the money you save go out and buy a couple good games and a extra controller

axillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 axillia
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I have Wii60 now as well, but hopefully soon it'll be PSWii60. Right now I say go for the Elite 360 because there are so many good games on it now.
War-Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 War-Bear
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

When i read this is though what the hell?
A wii 60?.. I woud go with the 360 since the ps3 cant play online,

IMO  

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
I could barely afford a wii, let alone a 360 or ps3. I suppose ive got a wiiS2 setup, but my PS2 has just been collecting dust since i got my wii.
y2jg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 y2jg
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
I have Wii360! They both fight for my time! Gears of War online or Wii Sports with my wife? PS3 can wait, I need a price drop.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
pswii. playstation, just stick with wii, til a price  drop or some good games come out. in the end ps3s line up will be best imo. who cares if its exclusives are going multiplat they are still coming to ps3. dont listen to all the negaivity surrounding it. i have a question u say u want dvds, do u want hd movies or just regular dvds. if  u want hd movies definately go with ps3 for sure. bluray is going to kill hd dvd soon
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Wii60, but this topic is kind of off-topic.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
Im good with the Wii only thank you very much.
blueteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blueteeth
Member since 2006 • 1158 Posts
Go pswii 360 is dominate now but ps3 will pawn in about 2 years from now but of corse wii pawns all
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#17 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
If gettting a movie player and multi meadia functions are your bag then no doubt you should get a PS3 PS360 forever baby...well at least the PS3 part LOL
cheeserlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 cheeserlord
Member since 2003 • 351 Posts
Def go Wii60 man, thats how i went and im totally happy.
Anubus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Anubus316
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts
go beyond get the PSWii 360
reidwii1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 reidwii1
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
ya know i love video games...alot...but sometimes u guys talk like its your hole life...i have a wii and i DON't! need any thing else.
rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

well do u have a computer

i dont think either will solve most ur multimedia needs but a pc will solve all of them, just get a cable to hook ur pc to ur tvtmgwarrior72

See, my HDTV is DVI-input ready, so I can hook up a computer to it anytime, and I plan on getting an Alienware computer after I return from deployment. But for now I'm putting a savings aside for either of the two consoles, because I'd really would like to experience High-def gaming as well as high-def moving viewing. Blu-Ray seems pretty appealing, but I'm tired of waiting for this format war to settle, so it's either going to be DVD or Blu-Ray that's going to end up in my dorm room. I'm a tech-nut, but I also hate spending my money on a big investment that ends up being faulty (ahem...PSP). Both the 360 Elite and the PS3 60 GB are big BIG investments, but I can't really afford both, as each have added expenses I really don't look forward to. By the way, please no: "Wii is not good enough for me" responses. I'm happy with my Wii, but it's not going to completely satisfy me as a true gamer (it is a party system to begin with).

darthlgp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darthlgp
Member since 2004 • 486 Posts
I just bought my 360 last month...of course I was in line the very first day for the Wii ;)  I LOVE the 360 though, for obviously different reasons than the Wii.  I would rather play Gears of War than some junky racing game on the PS3.  Plus I believe HDDVD will win over the Blu-Ray eventually. 
exds01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 exds01
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
ps3, its cheaper than a blueray player solo anyway.
BadSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24 BadSushi
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts
Im a current Wii60 owner myself and im not complaining. All i have to say though is, is if you got a decent computer don't by a 360 or PS3 keep the WiiPC combo, it'll look good on ya
natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 natebayne
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts

PS3, soon that will jump ahead of the 360 when the games start to exceed the 9GB limit on 360 games.ScottHFC
You serious? You honestly think that will be enough to jump the 360? Lets see... ps3 losing exclusives like a waterfall... only slightly more powerful than the 360... going up against innovative(Wii) and better online play(360). The only thing i see the ps3 jumping is out the window the trashcans below. The Ps3 is in 3rd.. and thats where it will stay... Wii will talk first place from the 360 and thats how it will end up. I own a 360 and a Wii, and i Urge everyone to own the same.. I could not be happier with my purchase. The PS3 is a waste of money.

I would also like to take this moment to bring up the fact that HD-DVD > Blu-ray.

When blu-ray jumps over the mpeg2 decoding... tell me.. then i might get more excited about it. I have seen both in action and HD-DVD just displays better.

link883_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 link883_1
Member since 2003 • 63 Posts
I'd buy a 360.
xtremeg4m3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xtremeg4m3r
Member since 2006 • 600 Posts
well since you want a dvd player just buy a high end ps3 because blu-ray is in the ps3 instead of paying 200 more dollars for the the hd-dvd player.
xtremeg4m3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xtremeg4m3r
Member since 2006 • 600 Posts
blu-ray is winning the next gen dvd war.
natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 natebayne
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts

blu-ray is winning the next gen dvd war. xtremeg4m3r
In what universe?

Like i said before.. ive seen it head to head (My Hd-dvd 360 player) vs my Neighbor's blu-ray he went out and bought right away and wasted close to a 1,000 bucks.

Buffy2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Buffy2525
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts
Wii60 (that's a great combo, imo)
mrcanfwhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrcanfwhoopass
Member since 2003 • 3578 Posts
Wii60.....PS3 looks like it is going down the tubes
Uchiha_madara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Uchiha_madara
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
Wii60 ftw
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts

When i read this is though what the hell?
A wii 60?.. I woud go with the 360 since the ps3 cant play online,

IMO

War-Bear
The PS3 can play online and its free! I have a Wii and soon I'll get a PS3.
KendoKenshi_TK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KendoKenshi_TK
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts

fo me wii60 fo sure

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#35 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

rockstar_88

Easily Wii60.

msteryx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 msteryx
Member since 2005 • 12734 Posts
Wii60 FTW!
Delessangelles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Delessangelles
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
I'd recommend a 360 over a PS3.
potatoman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 potatoman23
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
wii60 all the way
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Wii60 imo, if you could actually combine the two it would be the best dang console in the world, combine pswii and what do you have, good graphics, good controller (ok same as wii60 so far) rubbish online, and it would probably melt because the fan broke.......oh and also a type of disk which is the same as hd-dvd but....it holds more stuff wow.....we could already put insane amounts of things on ps2/gc/xbox disks, what does it matter that blueray is however many gigs, all devs do is put in 2 hd-dvd disks......wow i sure want a ps3 just cause i don't want to switch a disk 2 times.....
zeio_nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeio_nut
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i have a 360, but i think ps3 is better, i also have a wi, hardly play it cause its my bro's and think its way better than a 360, ps1 is better than a 360 i think, so ps3 is probably the coolest thing ever
Avatar image for videogameplaya2
videogameplaya2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 videogameplaya2
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
I just bought my 360 last month...of course I was in line the very first day for the Wii ;)  I LOVE the 360 though, for obviously different reasons than the Wii.  I would rather play Gears of War than some junky racing game on the PS3.  Plus I believe HDDVD will win over the Blu-Ray eventually.  darthlgp
I think blu ray will win, and btw blu ray is outselling. Go with the ps3!
CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
As much as I love my Wii, it seems like it should be a secondary console to an actual high-def consolerockstar_88
Wow that's dumb.
I'd say the Wii is good enough on it's own but I'm going to buy a 360 just for all the good games coming out soonScottHFC
Wow...that's even dumber :D
Avatar image for KingandCitizens
KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 KingandCitizens
Member since 2006 • 173 Posts

rockstar_88

First of all, I'd pronounce it Thwii60 and PSThwii. But thats besides the point. Sixaxis controller sucks balls the online sucks balls the graphics arent much different and they dont have any amazing exclusives like gears of war 2, lost planet 2, among many others that 360 will have except for final fantasy and metal gear solid. So. Xbox definately.

KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KingandCitizens
[QUOTE="darthlgp"]I just bought my 360 last month...of course I was in line the very first day for the Wii ;)  I LOVE the 360 though, for obviously different reasons than the Wii.  I would rather play Gears of War than some junky racing game on the PS3.  Plus I believe HDDVD will win over the Blu-Ray eventually.  videogameplaya2

blu ray is a piece of junk on ps3
KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KingandCitizens
[QUOTE="darthlgp"]I just bought my 360 last month...of course I was in line the very first day for the Wii ;)  I LOVE the 360 though, for obviously different reasons than the Wii.  I would rather play Gears of War than some junky racing game on the PS3.  Plus I believe HDDVD will win over the Blu-Ray eventually.  videogameplaya2

blu ray is a piece of junk
KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KingandCitizens

Blu ray is not good. Blu ray is not good. Blu ray blows. Elite 360 is amazing. I would say maybe the ps3 if it didn't take up half of your living room if you laid it flat on the floor.
KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KingandCitizens
[QUOTE="videogameplaya2"][QUOTE="darthlgp"]I just bought my 360 last month...of course I was in line the very first day for the Wii ;)  I LOVE the 360 though, for obviously different reasons than the Wii.  I would rather play Gears of War than some junky racing game on the PS3.  Plus I believe HDDVD will win over the Blu-Ray eventually.  KingandCitizens

Blu ray is not good. Blu ray is not good. Blu ray blows. Elite 360 is amazing. I would say maybe the ps3 if it didn't take up half of your living room if you laid it flat on the floor.

Why am I even posting? And why is this in the Wii board?
darthlgp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darthlgp
Member since 2004 • 486 Posts

[QUOTE="darthlgp"]I just bought my 360 last month...of course I was in line the very first day for the Wii ;) I LOVE the 360 though, for obviously different reasons than the Wii. I would rather play Gears of War than some junky racing game on the PS3. Plus I believe HDDVD will win over the Blu-Ray eventually. videogameplaya2

I said EVENTUALLY.  I just think Blu-Ray is going to go the way of the MiniDisc...how is that one working out for you? 

Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
Long term I'd say PS3. Sony (as bad as it seem right now) WILL end up locking down on the exclusives. They aren't dumb. I'm sure they have people paid to look at message boards like these to see what the fans are saying. They know what needs to be done. They're already stepping in the right direction with HOME. And, of course, the detail that always seems to be left out is that fact that it's a Blue-Ray player. HDTV's are becoming cheaper by the minute and soon you will find yourself with one sitting in your living room if you haven't already. Blue-Ray is going to end up winning the next-gen media format race and you will be ready for it with your PS3. RIGHT now. Right this minute, I'd say it's best to get the 360. Simply more games. But you're spending $500-$600 on a system you will want to be ready for the future. When the PS3 has been out for two years it's going to have great games. You'd have to be ignorant to say otherwise.