Wii-wii u questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

1) can nintendo eshop gift cards be redeemed / used on wii?

2) what are the best eshop games (non-full release)?

3) I'm a casual gamer, and when I bought the wii u, I thought I could take the game pad on the go. Not just 25 ft from the console. Anyone else a bit mislead on that?

4) anything else cool about a wii u a newbie wouldn't know about?

Thanks!!!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

1) can nintendo eshop gift cards be redeemed / used on wii?

2) what are the best eshop games (non-full release)?

3) I'm a casual gamer, and when I bought the wii u, I thought I could take the game pad on the go. Not just 25 ft from the console. Anyone else a bit mislead on that?

4) anything else cool about a wii u a newbie wouldn't know about?

Thanks!!!

1- no... eshop cards can be used on 3ds or wiiU only....wii shop is seperate and requires its own cards.

2. ducktales remastered, toki tori 1(HD) or 2...both are good, Q.U.B.E, pokemon Rumble U, spot the differences(very cheap price..where's waldo type game),knytt underground

3- nope... i knew it was a console not a handheld..

4- id get a harddrive if you want to download games instead of retail, if you think the battery is too short. then get this...works on usa wiiU's i bought one... i got 7 hours charge now :)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-gamepad-battery-pack-japan-version/1033491481-0-0-0-en/info.html

register you console at club nintendo

https://club.nintendo.com/

you get extended warranty and free items when you buy nintendo games...

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The-Butcher248

Ok, thanks. I heard mixed things on the eshop card for the wii.

I'll check those game recommendations. Good ideas for the battery. I normally don't play real long hours, but I'd imagine it would be nice to not charge so much.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@The-Butcher248:

1: No.

2: To many to list.

3: No. Its a HOME CONSOLE not a Handheld.

4: Miiverse, and Off TV Play is all you need to know really.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The-Butcher248

Thanks... I guess wishful thinking that it was like a tablet than controller. How does MiiVerse work? That's basically just your online friends right?

Any other indie/non console game recommendations for the Eshop? Got a 50$ card so i'm thinking of getting Wii Sports (Tennis/Bowling) and Gianna Sisters. Any other good platformers?

Thanks

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The-Butcher248

Also... one more question came to mind... is there a way to turn off the gamepad display, while playing on the tv to conserve battery life?

Thanks

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@The-Butcher248:

Miiverse is basically an online forum like this community on Gamespot. Every game on Wii U has a community, and Wii U owners can talk about the game and ask for help, post screen shots to Miiverse showing where your stuck and such and just basically Nintendo fans talking about games with other Nintendo fans. Though the admins are the biggest issue. THEY ARE STRICT a lot of the time. I got banned for 2 weeks for calling a guy silly, cause that's bullying apparently. I have 2 perma bans from Miiverse also lol.

Your other question, the answer is no. Gamepad is always on. Every Wii U Game uses it pretty much. Sure you can use Wii Motes and Pro Controller but Gamepad is always on. Just leave it in the charger and its fine.