Wii virtual console game transfer to Wii U interface?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Who's going to pay money just to get rid of the minor inconvenience of booting into Wii mode? This is especially bad for those that have a large Wii VC collection.

ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ugotplayed64
Member since 2003 • 382 Posts

I keep hearing that if you have virtual console games from the Wii that you can pay a small payment and be able to play them using the Gamepad. Do these gave then go to your Wii U dashboard? And if so, is this available currently?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Yes they go to your Wii U menu. It will be available on Friday but you have to wait for each game to release on the eShop.
ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ugotplayed64
No what I read was if you already bought the games on the original Wii then you can pay like $1 and transfer them to the Wii U interface
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
No what I read was if you already bought the games on the original Wii then you can pay like $1 and transfer them to the Wii U interfaceugotplayed64
...and Oreo told you what actually is the case. If you transfer your Wii data using the Wii U transfer utility, it will bring your Virtual console games over to the Wii mode of the Wii U. Once the titles you own on the Wii are released on the Wii U eShop, you can repurchase them for $1-$1.50.
ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ugotplayed64
ok i misunderstood. makes sense
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Who's going to pay money just to get rid of the minor inconvenience of booting into Wii mode? This is especially bad for those that have a large Wii VC collection.

Toxic-Seahorse
I'm just keeping them on my Wii. Gives my Wii a reason to stick around, since they aren't worth much resold.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]You have to pay extra to play your owned VC games on the Gamepad?rubber-chicken

Yes because they are on the Wii side of the system; I would gladly pay I can't stand having to start Wii Mode and some of my Wii VC games I can't play because I never purchased a Classic controller since I don't like things attached to my Wii Remote and killing my batteries.

Do we know if this will be an ongoing payment or just a one time thing? And how much?

It is $1.00 for NES games and $1.50 for SNES games; Don't know the price yet for N64 titles.

Edit* I forgot the Decimel Point.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
You have to pay extra to play your owned VC games on the Gamepad?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

You have to pay extra to play your owned VC games on the Gamepad?rubber-chicken
Yes because they are on the Wii side of the system; I would gladly pay I can't stand having to start Wii Mode and some of my Wii VC games I can't play because I never purchased a Classic controller since I don't like things attached to my Wii Remote and killing my batteries.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]You have to pay extra to play your owned VC games on the Gamepad?Nintendo_Ownes7

Do we know if this will be an ongoing payment or just a one time thing? And how much?