Wii U shop channel: downloadable Gamecube games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chrsvic (148 posts) -

there's a likely chance the Wii U will get downloadable Gamecube games because the Wii U might support a hard drive and Gamecube discs are small and hold up to 1.5 GB. But what games do you want to see be released on Wii U's shop channel.

#2 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I already own all the games in your poll (well, mario tennis was on the Wii and I sold it), so I'll go with Star Fox Adventures, the best game in the Star Fox series. It would be great to get it on the Wii U's virtual console.
#3 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

The bigger question is what price will they be? I'm guessing $20 each...

#4 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (8414 posts) -

I wouldn't mind seeing MGS: Twin Snakes on the Wii U virtual console. I have the games you mentioned, but I wouldn't mind seeing HD versions on the virtual console.

#5 Posted by Litchie (16776 posts) -
I already have all the GC games that I want..
#6 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 (I didn't get New Play Control Pikmin 1 and I want to play Pikmin 1 before Pikmin 2)

Eternal Darkness (Nintendo might get enough to make a sequel if enough people purchase it.)

Geist (Same as Eternal Darkness maybe fix the framerate problem)

Odama (Never Played it)

Chibi-Robo (Never Played it)

Custom Robo (Never Played it)

Hopefully Nintendo could also localize some Japan Only GCN games like Giftpia and some others.

#7 Posted by Peanut04_basic (723 posts) -
I'd like to see Zelda: Wave Waker and Eternal Darkness to get put on the shopping channel.
#8 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

The Wind Waker

#9 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

Not sure really. I have pretty much all of the GC games I'd want and nothing really comes to mind as a game I'd missed that I'd really want to get.

#10 Posted by spike6958 (5117 posts) -

Over the Wii U's life I'm hoping for:

Animal Crossing
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Star Fox: Assault
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Super Mario Sunshine
Wario World

But I'm not gonna be getting my hopes up, there are a lot of N64 games I wanted on the Wii Virtual console that never arrived, and a lot of GB, GBC and GBA games I expect never to arrive on the 3DS

#11 Posted by BrunoBRS (73368 posts) -
only one i can think of is skies of arcadia.
#12 Posted by awakeningland (104 posts) -
Put Baten Kaitos on it.
#13 Posted by JollyGreenOne (1001 posts) -

I voted for Super Mario Sunshine.

It came out during a time where I didn't care for 3D Mario so I've never played it, but I'd be willing to give it a chance now.

And some other GameCube games I'd like to see on Wii U are:

Chibi-Robo
Paper Mario: TTYD
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtiful Joe

#14 Posted by wiifan001 (18536 posts) -
I never did play Luigi's Mansion Star Fox Adventures kind of alienated me at the time; it was nothing like Star Fox 64, but I'd play it again if I had the chance.
#15 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

None, I'd rather buy the discs and play them on the Wii, I'm still collecting Gamecube games :P

#16 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

I want to see all the games listed in the poll,plus many others.

#17 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I never did play Luigi's Mansion Star Fox Adventures kind of alienated me at the time; it was nothing like Star Fox 64, but I'd play it again if I had the chance.

Both are great games.
#18 Posted by meetroid8 (21147 posts) -
Baiten Kraitos and Skies of Arcadia are the only ones that come to mind. But if I really wanted to play them I could easily find GameCube versions somewhere.
#19 Posted by Notusedname (25 posts) -

Well, as long as The Legend Of Zelda games will be there i'm fine. If it wasn't for Metroid Prime Trilogy (Which i have) i would also have liked if Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes had been available i like those series. But i guess any other iconic game of Nintendo would be welcome, but they wouldn't be a must have.

#20 Posted by BrunoBRS (73368 posts) -
Baiten Kraitos and Skies of Arcadia are the only ones that come to mind. But if I really wanted to play them I could easily find GameCube versions somewhere. meetroid8
*Baten Kaitos :P
#21 Posted by meetroid8 (21147 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Baiten Kraitos and Skies of Arcadia are the only ones that come to mind. But if I really wanted to play them I could easily find GameCube versions somewhere. BrunoBRS

I've never played it, how am I supposed to know?:x

#22 Posted by BrunoBRS (73368 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]Baiten Kraitos and Skies of Arcadia are the only ones that come to mind. But if I really wanted to play them I could easily find GameCube versions somewhere. meetroid8

I've never played it, how am I supposed to know?:x

because you're interested in it :x i've never played katamari, but i don't writ kartamaree because of that :x
#23 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

Baiten Kraitos and Skies of Arcadia are the only ones that come to mind. But if I really wanted to play them I could easily find GameCube versions somewhere. meetroid8
You're lying to yourself if you think you could easily find a copy of either of those, especially Skies of Arcadia. That game released within a year of the Cube's launch, and it was not a popular game. The only way you're getting a copy is if you blow $140 on a used copy on Amazon.