Wii "Online" Disscusion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D12World20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 D12World20
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
I already know that the first Onilne game will be Pokemon Battle Revolution and the online play will be still friend coded with Pokemons own friend code but is Nintendo possible of having it more freely like xbox?  I mean I know Wii in no Xbox but still why doesent Nintendo expand online play?  Sure their is "Creeps"  In the world but cmon Wii need more!  I think its possible for Wii to have more free online games but we should have them sooner.  So your views on this?
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
I already know that the first Onilne game will be Pokemon Battle Revolution and the online play will be still friend coded with Pokemons own friend code but is Nintendo possible of having it more freely like xbox? I mean I know Wii in no Xbox but still why doesent Nintendo expand online play? Sure their is "Creeps" In the world but cmon Wii need more! I think its possible for Wii to have more free online games but we should have them sooner. So your views on this?D12World20
maybe the online gaming "stuff" isn't ready yet and they are finalizing things. If they brought it out now and had flaws people would be complaining about that even though it was up and running, so which in reality is better.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I already know that the first Onilne game will be Pokemon Battle Revolution and the online play will be still friend coded with Pokemons own friend code but is Nintendo possible of having it more freely like xbox? I mean I know Wii in no Xbox but still why doesent Nintendo expand online play? Sure their is "Creeps" In the world but cmon Wii need more! I think its possible for Wii to have more free online games but we should have them sooner. So your views on this?D12World20

I don't think that will happen. In a review by Gamespy Nintendo said They would not follow Microsoft or Sony when it comes to online. I would want more freedom but hey I would want more online games first!
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
Nintendo is just bad at doing things online. even the DS (while a great system) is no where hear the PSP's online capabilities.
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
Nintendo is clearly sucking up to mom and dad with this friend code thing, us older people just have to shrug it off and enjoy.
HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 HelloJon
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
Nintendo is just bad at doing things online. even the DS (while a great system) is no where hear the PSP's online capabilities.c0mplex
Dats true
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 c0mplex
for those interested in the state of the Wii's current online service, IGN wrote an interesting piece on the matter... questioning "Is Nintendo dropping the ball with its online plan for Wii?"
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
second game is battalion wars and thats in may pkmn is in april cause of d/p so thers still 2and 1/2 months left.
Screamteam411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Screamteam411
Member since 2003 • 1087 Posts
I can really hope for an online service like xbox and Ps3 have (and I think it'll be really easy with Wii Channels) but then again, I don't work for nintendo and I don't see it happening. Oh well.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Duckman5
second game is battalion wars and thats in may pkmn is in april cause of d/p so thers still 2and 1/2 months left.merch

Can't wait for Battalion Wars!!! Also in that little debate thing Matt got owned!
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5
I can really hope for an online service like xbox and Ps3 have (and I think it'll be really easy with Wii Channels) but then again, I don't work for nintendo and I don't see it happening. Oh well.Screamteam411

PS3 is doing just as bad if not worse with there online service so I don't know what you are talking about.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 c0mplex
[QUOTE="Screamteam411"]I can really hope for an online service like xbox and Ps3 have (and I think it'll be really easy with Wii Channels) but then again, I don't work for nintendo and I don't see it happening. Oh well.Duckman5

PS3 is doing just as bad if not worse with there online service so I don't know what you are talking about.

how are they doing worse? on top of having a downloadable games store like Nintendo's VC, they have demos, PS1 games for the PSP, and DLC content for their games. not to mention that they have online games... where the Wii only has one that is in Japan.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Screamteam411"]I can really hope for an online service like xbox and Ps3 have (and I think it'll be really easy with Wii Channels) but then again, I don't work for nintendo and I don't see it happening. Oh well.c0mplex

how are they doing worse? on top of having a downloadable games store like Nintendo's VC, they have demos, PS1 games for the PSP, and DLC content for their games. not to mention that they have online games... where the Wii only has one that is in Japan.

I said if not worse implying it could go either way and what are there online games?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Well when it comes to the friend code thing its not a big deal because unlike the DS, there is only one universal code last time i heard. I believe the only thing that they will really lack is an online community, but you dont need them for that. It is clear when you look at the DS' online success.
Avatar image for funkymonkey4710
funkymonkey4710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 funkymonkey4710
Member since 2005 • 1835 Posts
Do any of you know how to find the SSID for your wireless internet?
Smasher24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Smasher24
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts

If there's no leaderboards or stats then its in the street.

tar82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tar82
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts
for those interested in the state of the Wii's current online service, IGN wrote an interesting piece on the matter... questioning "Is Nintendo dropping the ball with its online plan for Wii?"c0mplex
That was a great read. Thanks for the link.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 c0mplex
I said if not worse implying it could go either way and what are there online games?Duckman5
Resistance: Fall of Man, Call of Duty 3, Ridge Racer 7, all EA Sports and 2K Sports games.