Wii Play Is Good, Just Misunderstood

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
It's a 10 dollar game.

It's not meant to be a huge masterpiece, it's not supposed to be an epic adventure with memorable characters that will span countless hours of your daily lives with a rich and fulfilling story.
It's an add on that let's people use the Wiimote in more of an unconventional sense.

While Wii Sports showed you motions that are normally thought of as common practice, Wii Play offers up using the Wiimote in new ways.

Wii Play isn't a bad game, the problem comes from people not understanding what it's meant to be.

Wii Sports wasn't a free game, it was included with the Wii console for a slightly higher price (it goes for a little over 40 dollars US in places that didn't get it included) so the idea that these two games should be compared is nonsense. Apples and oranges. If you understand what Wii Play is and what it accomplishes it's not a bad game by any measure.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11937 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but the way you have described it is what I expect from the game.
falbi23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 falbi23
Member since 2004 • 1198 Posts
It's a 10 dollar game.

It's not meant to be a huge masterpiece, it's not supposed to be an epic adventure with memorable characters that will span countless hours of your daily lives with a rich and fulfilling story.
It's an add on that let's people use the Wiimote in more of an unconventional sense.

While Wii Sports showed you motions that are normally thought of as common practice, Wii Play offers up using the Wiimote in new ways.

Wii Play isn't a bad game, the problem comes from people not understanding what it's meant to be.

Wii Sports wasn't a free game, it was included with the Wii console for a slightly higher price (it goes for a little over 40 dollars US in places that didn't get it included) so the idea that these two games should be compared is nonsense. Apples and oranges. If you understand what Wii Play is and what it accomplishes it's not a bad game by any measure.Jaysonguy
i agee 100%. i noted in a previous Topic that people expected it to be an epic game, like Zelda. but it really just helps people get used to the Wii-mote, and its many different controls you can use. just like Wii Sports.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
It's a good game,in my opinion,if you are looking for a remote than this is a good deal,not only that,I love playing the game with my friends.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
I want it just for the extra controller and billiards.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

It's a 10 dollar game.

Wii Sports wasn't a free game, it was included with the Wii console for a slightly higher price (it goes for a little over 40 dollars US in places that didn't get it included) so the idea that these two games should be compared is nonsense. Apples and oranges. If you understand what Wii Play is and what it accomplishes it's not a bad game by any measure.Jaysonguy

You can sell wiiplay for $40 dollars.

v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
I havent even played it but from that i might go get it
bradglimpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bradglimpse
Member since 2003 • 838 Posts
Nicely said. Agree 100%
Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Morgario
Member since 2005 • 2534 Posts

I bought it at launch for the extra Wiimote but I still play Tanks with my friends. It's worth the £5 just for Tanks IMO.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I think the game looks great for what it is... I can't wait to pick up a copy...
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
I agree. I think it's called "Your first step to Wii" in japanese, so even the title says that it isn't anything big.
gamefreak17601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamefreak17601
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Right on!!!!!  I hate it when peeps keep trashing it because they think it sux. I got it 4 the extra controller, but i would pay $10 each 4 Tanks or Billiards.  4 $10 extra, it's DEFINITELY worth it.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
I tried Wii Play at GameXCrazy last night, and imo, I would rather spend 10 dollars worth of quarters on the light gun game Point Blank if arcades still exist.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
I tried Wii Play at GameXCrazy last night, and imo, I would rather spend 10 dollars worth of quarters on the light gun game Point Blank if arcades still exist.alpax

Great, that ONE game is worth slightly over one dollar.

Bad argument
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy
I'd also like to point out that games like Tanks! are good games considering the price.