Wii owners BUY Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Monster Hunter Tri

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

at the End of the Month or whenever, BUY TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!

This will show that Capcom there is a user base on the Wii that likes Fighting Games.

and in Apirl, BUY MONSTER HUNTER TRI(3)!

This will show Capcom that yes we like the game and want you to keep making games like this and many others.

Maybe then Capcom will give out some more good titles for the Wii. As we all know Capcom isn't liking what they are seeing on the Wii.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

I will not buy Tatsunoko vs Capcom because I don't like fighting games. And I will consider Monster Hunter Tri if it ends up a lot better than the past games in the series.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Probably not for the first one, but MH3 will be a definate buy if/when it comes out.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
I'll buy them if I want them. Simple as that. But in this case, I do! :P But I probably won't anyway, now that school's starting again.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
don't know much about monster hunter's popularity (other than it selling pretty well on the psp in japan) but i can say that tatsunoko won't sell a whole lot for the sole reason that half the roster won't be known by anyone but hardcore fans of old japanese tv shows :? . i mean, it's one of the main factors why it wasn't even coming here to begin with (besides licencing issues IIRC)
Longcat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Longcat2
Member since 2008 • 924 Posts

Being someone who hates standard fighting games but loves Super Smash Bros, I'm gonna give Tatsunoko vs Capcom a pass. However Monster Hunter 3, well this looks very good, so I'll probably buy.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

This will show that Capcom there is a user base on the Wii that likes Fighting Games.

LegatoSkyheart

But I don't like fighting games. :P

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I intended on buying them both but if Capcom really made that statement about not supporting the console after they half assed it with Resident Evil again. Then forget it, I wont buy either. I wont support a company run by morons.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I hate fighting games, and MH3 has me worried....

it's a beautiful game, but it looks like it has to constantly load, and the combat looks extremely repetitive and boring (at least to me). I really want to pick it up.... but I'm not into games that you have to grind. I've never really played a game like that to be honest, but it just doesn't seem like I would like it.

I'll probably pick it up just to give it a chance....

uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
I'd like to help you out, but I'm not sure if I want the game, too much stuff is coming out this year and I gotta save up. Cool idea, though.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Should I or shouldn't I...? I think I'll keep this one brief.

Sorry, I don't buy games out of sympathy or to prove a point. :P

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

As for Tatsunoko VS Capcom, it's more of a bargain bin game for me, which I foresee it ending up. I don't think it'll have as big of a reception in NA, mostly because a lot gamers are afraid to try anything new, or just don't like fighting games.

MHTri looks pretty awesome, though. Will more than likely get that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No

You wait three months and have the prices drop

Wii games drop the fastest so the user should take advantage of that

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
no i dont like fighting games, no i dont like monster hunter, and no you are not going to dictate what i spend my money on
Senor_T_Dub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Senor_T_Dub
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

Given all the major AAA releases this Spring and my ever-growing Backlog, I'll probably pass, but I hope they do well.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

LegatoSkyheart

But I don't like fighting games...

Anyway, I haven't played a Monster Hunter Game yet, but I will definitely get it.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Its a VS capcom game, people that are fans of the VS series will buy a wii just to play it.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GabuEx

No

Jaysonguy

Aren't you the one who's always saying that you won't buy used games because they hurt the industry?

Because there isn't exactly much difference between that and refusing to buy games until the publisher gets desperate and lowers the price. Both save the purchaser money at the publisher's expense.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Haha good intentions TC but bad execution. People generally dont like to be told what to do with their money so you shoudlve said "Dont BUY Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Monster Hunter Tri":P

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

GabuEx

Aren't you the one who's always saying that you won't buy used games because they hurt the industry?

Because there isn't exactly much difference between that and refusing to buy games until the publisher gets desperate and lowers the price. Both save the purchaser money at the publisher's expense.

Glad I'm not the only one that found that odd. Granted, buying a bargain bin game is probably a little bit better than buying it used, but the significance of the game's purchase is still severely reduced as far as the publisher is concerned when it has already dropped the price of a game because of lack of demand. Heck, even buying it used means that a retailer is aware that the game is doing well, perhaps prompting it to order more copies of the game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

GabuEx

Completely different

Buying a game after a markdown still goes to the maker of a game

Buying a game used gives no money to the maker

Also when you buy a game that's marked down it still goes down as a sale for a certain title, when you buy a used game the publisher has no idea of the sale

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

No

Jaysonguy

Completely different

Also when you buy a game that's marked down it still goes down as a sale for a certain title, when you buy a used game the publisher has no idea of the sale

So there's a drowning man in the middle of the sea and you happen to row by in your boat at the time. In situation A, you smile and wave and row past. In situation B, you smile and toss him a small rubber ball that floats on the water as you row past. In both situations, the man drowns, but situation B is clearly the better one because at least you tossed something his way, right?
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if capcom wanted my money they should of released sf4 for wii...

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Point is, Jason's still wrong.

Wii games have been going on sale the week of their release.

I've been pointing that out a lot, and a lot of people own games thanks to it.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#25 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I will not buy Tatsunoko vs Capcom because I don't like fighting games. And I will consider Monster Hunter Tri if it ends up a lot better than the past games in the series.

_BlueDuck_

I am in the same situation, and to be quite honest I didn't even know what Tatsunoko was exactly since I don't follow Japanese animation. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy

Point is, Jason's still wrong.

Wii games have been going on sale the week of their release.

I've been pointing that out a lot, and a lot of people own games thanks to it.

SirSpudly

No, Jason is not wrong lol

He knows that games go on sale the first month of release somewhere because they want your business

The thing is that they drop farther over time, unlike other games that drop at launch but then have a steady price for a long time

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

Pierst179

I am in the same situation, and to be quite honest I didn't even know what Tatsunoko was exactly since I don't follow Japanese animation. :P

Yeah me either about the Tatsunoko. Still from what I have seen the roster looks pretty cool. Monster Hunter is looking epic though.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Completely different

Thats actually not different at all, the sales precentage doesn't change as the price decrease and sales success or failure is typically decided before the price drop. Look at No More Heroes, people said the game bombed but looking at the numbers now it did OK. However most of those sales came after the price drop which means the publisher/developer did not see a big return from the game. In the end thats really what matters not how many units sold. Also as the price drops retailers take it off the shelves, especially places like GS in favor of used copies.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

How about I decide what to buy, not you?

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
Monster Hunter Tri is on the quite possibly list, but I'm gonna have to pass on TvC. I'm gonna be supporting 3rd parties this year, though, if that's what you're trying to get at TC.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath
Monster Hunter Tri is on the quite possibly list, but I'm gonna have to pass on TvC. I'm gonna be supporting 3rd parties this year, though, if that's what you're trying to get at TC.Arc2012
No they mean support Capcom specifically because apparently Capcom is all hot and bothered that no one wanted thier rail shooter.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GabuEx

Completely different

Jaysonguy

No, identical.

When a game first hits shelves, the price given to it is what the publisher would really like it to sell for. When the price drops, this is the publisher saying that the game is no longer selling satisfactorily. The faster the price of a game drops, the quicker it has ceased to sell satisfactorily in the eyes of the publisher, the worse the venture has thus gone in the eyes of the publisher, and the less likely they are to consider it a success. Anyone who buys the game at that point is not providing the publisher with as much money as they had hoped and anticipated. Price drops are damage control, plain and simple.

Therefore, by refusing to give the publisher what they want for the game, and by holding out until the price drops regardless of how you feel about the game, you are actively contributing to the likelihood that the publisher will consider the venture a failure, and thus to the likelihood that they will not make a repeat venture. Whether you give the publisher no money for their game or whether you give them ten dollars less than they wanted, it is still the case that the publisher is not getting what they wanted, and that the publisher will be less happy as a result. Hurting the industry less than other people does not mean you are not hurting the industry.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
[QUOTE="Arc2012"]Monster Hunter Tri is on the quite possibly list, but I'm gonna have to pass on TvC. I'm gonna be supporting 3rd parties this year, though, if that's what you're trying to get at TC.Sepewrath
No they mean support Capcom specifically because apparently Capcom is all hot and bothered that no one wanted thier rail shooter.

Ah, you seem to be correct. Well, sorry TC. I just can't support Capcom until they have a game I really want. And I don't see what Capcom is so upset about. I mean, it outsold Dead Space Extraction already.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I feel bad for TvC. From what I have read in this thread. This excellent game is going to die at retail. Just like Okami, Muramasa, Zack & Wiki, Little King's Story and the likes. Tis a shame:(
karas1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 karas1234
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

Monster Hunter 3

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

I am planning on getting Monster Hunter 3, but I'm not sure about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I don't enjoy team-based fighters, I'd rather have a 1 on 1 match like Street Fighter.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sepewrath

I feel bad for TvC. From what I have read in this thread. This excellent game is going to die at retail. Just like Okami, Muramasa, Zack & Wiki, Little King's Story and the likes. Tis a shame:(gamefan67

lol I wouldn't make an assumptions based off one thread, and Okami died at retail its first time out, a port years lately certainly wasn't going to set the world on the fire. The other 3 games were small market release no one ever expected them to move more units than CoD(being sarcastic)

Very well said Gabu, I made a point similar to this a few weeks back about publishers should not be so quick to fold and drop the price of thier games. One because Wii games don't do the huge opening day followed by a 200% sales decrease and two its not like you have to sit on the shelf next to Bioshock one week, Final Fantasy the next and another 2K game the week after that. Wii doesn't get that kind of support so retailers cant really be pressuring them that much about having thier games removed from the shelf.

I am planning on getting Monster Hunter 3, but I'm not sure about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I don't enjoy team-based fighters, I'd rather have a 1 on 1 match like Street Fighter.

shoryuken_

Thats what I loved about Capcom vs SNK you could have 1 v1; 2 v 2; 3 v 1 it was great. But the switching mechanics of MvC series was fun to use as well, you can do some crazy combo's.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
@ Sepewrath Unless Capcom puts one of those huge advertising campaigns behind TvC (I doubt they will). I dont think TvC is going to do too well. I'm usually optimistic, but the pessimistic nature of some posters does start to rub off on ya if you're around it for long enough.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shoryuken_

Thats what I loved about Capcom vs SNK you could have 1 v1; 2 v 2; 3 v 1 it was great. But the switching mechanics of MvC series was fun to use as well, you can do some crazy combo's.

Sepewrath

Another downside to this game is that I don't like most of the Tatsunoko characters either..I need to play the game before I make a decision.

Rick_Henderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rick_Henderson
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts

Honestly, I don't care about either of those games. Capcom doesn't care about the games either, I'll be surprised if I see one advertisement for either of them. They're are sending these games out to the slaughter and will blame Wii owners because they didn't sell. I for one am tired of this crap, how many publishers have done that this year? Too many to count.

It still amazes me that developers are this stupid. Not only was The Conduit crap, it also didn't do anything unique - which is why it failed. The fact is most "core" Wii owners are also multi-console owners. Why buy rail shooters and crap FPS on the Wii when you can buy Bioshock, Killzone, Halo, etc on the other consoles? Not only can sword fighting in Red Steel 2 not be done on any other console but the Wii, it also features great graphics and a cool protagonist - which is why people are excited for it. It's not just some game thrown together and then presented as a game Wii owners should be lucky to get (which is the attitude from most developers and publishers), it is a legitimate unique effort by a team with passion that looks fun to play.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Haha, well I'll buy the games if I think I'll enjoy them. ;)

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'll get Tatsunoko if it's good and judging by what I've seen, it looks like a fantastic game. Monster Hunter? Still not sure on that one though I'll get it if it's good too.
Toxicamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Toxicamo
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts
No I'm sick of anime,the amount of anime I see on the internet I adblock with firefox.I don't want Wii to have whiny wapanese over wii speak trying to shout KAWAII at the top of there voices.Capcoms only good game for Wii was Megaman 9,RE4,Zack and Wiki(possibly).
black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
im already on TvC like a Fat kid to cake
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Another downside to this game is that I don't like most of the Tatsunoko characters either..I need to play the game before I make a decision.

Never quite understood how people say they don't like a character. Its not a TV show its a fighting game. Whether or not you liked Yatterman the show is pretty inconsequential in the scope of a fighting game that has nothing to do with the license. And when it comes to the fighters alot of the characters from the Tatsunoko side and some from Capcom side are loosely or obviously based on fighters from past Capcom games.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shoryuken_

No I'm sick of anime,the amount of anime I see on the internet I adblock with firefox.I don't want Wii to have whiny wapanese over wii speak trying to shout KAWAII at the top of there voices.Capcoms only good game for Wii was Megaman 9,RE4,Zack and Wiki(possibly).Toxicamo

Because the only word people use in Japanese is kawaii. :roll:

Never quite understood how people say they don't like a character. Its not a TV show its a fighting game. Whether or not you liked Yatterman the show is pretty inconsequential in the scope of a fighting game that has nothing to do with the license. And when it comes to the fighters alot of the characters from the Tatsunoko side and some from Capcom side are loosely or obviously based on fighters from past Capcom games. Sepewrath

Even though I play multiple fighters, I wouldn't consider any of them among my favorites except for Street Fighter, and that is because I love the characters and the reason I like them is because Capcom brainwashed me as a child lol.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GabuEx

No I'm sick of anime,the amount of anime I see on the internet I adblock with firefox.I don't want Wii to have whiny wapanese over wii speak trying to shout KAWAII at the top of there voices.Capcoms only good game for Wii was Megaman 9,RE4,Zack and Wiki(possibly).Toxicamo

You say all that and then you include Zack and Wiki as a (possibly?) good game?

Perhaps you've forgotten what it was like? :P

Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts

Whoa relax people don't take things so offensive when threads like this one appear. If you don't want to buy the game that the TC is suggesting then just simply don't buy it, not like you are at gun point or anything. I am buying both games for sure because I love fighting games adn I love monster hunter.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I will definitely get them both,I'm very excited for those two games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#50 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts
I'll get Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Monster Hunter 3, yes. But critically, I have a feeling Tatsunoko vs Capcom will critically flop, considering Eighting (they're developing it) does NOT have a good record with the critics. Don't act so surprised if this game bombs. It may be a Capcom VS game, but with the game developed by Eighting. It shouldn't come to a surprise.