WII Getting back on track??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

linunse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 linunse
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

For awhile I quit playing video games since nintendo was the only type of gaming console i would buy, and obviously they haven't been giving the more mature gamer very many options. However it looks like they are finally releasing GOOD 17+ games in 2009. I have only gotten a glimpse at some of them like timesplitters 4 or conduit.

Anyone know of any other good games coming out?

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts
Sega has a great early lineup: The Conduit, Madworld, and House of the Dead Overkill.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Not yet, even though we know the games look great, we can only speculate. The games of Q1 need to deliver. Also, Timesplitters 4 is probably not coming out since Free Radical has shut down.
Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts
I don`t know why a game has to be M rated to be a good game :roll:
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I don`t know why a game has to be M rated to be a good game :roll:Okami_Link

I always wonder the same thing.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Why must a game be 17+ to get your attention? This is a serious question.
Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fleeman6019
Member since 2005 • 855 Posts
i guess it helps to see the M rating on the Wii lately because atleast its not shovelware mature titles have to have atleast some quality to them or they won't sell at all on the wii
Will1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Will1103
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Nintendo is on track, Nintendo, unlike Microsoft and Sony, doesn't put out blood and gore games just to please people. Nintendo does put out some, but it's aimed more at family and kids. Of course there are gonna be 17+ games for the Wii, but most of the games are gonna be for kids.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
How does having an M-rating make the game any better? This leads me to believe that you think if there was swearing in a game like Mario Kart, it would be perfect. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fleeman6019
How does having an M-rating make the game any better? This leads me to believe that you think if there was swearing in a game like Mario Kart, it would be perfect. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. klidron02
i just believe that mature titles are better then crap titles i think anyone would say that No More Heroes is better then Calvin Tucker's Redneck Jamboree even if you hate NMH
NoobkingBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 NoobkingBR
Dude, a game don't need a M rating too be good , but Wii is realy a very casual console with lots of games made to children( for babys in my opinion)...
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Have you gotten Manhunt, Scarface, and Godfather? I heard those were good (or maybe only 2 of those ones were good. I'm not 100% sure). And NMH might be to your liking. Umbrella Chronicles is definitely a good game, but very difficult.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
i guess it helps to see the M rating on the Wii lately because atleast its not shovelware mature titles have to have atleast some quality to them or they won't sell at all on the wiiFleeman6019
wtf? driv3r, Far Cry, Medal Of Honor Vanguard, alone in the dark and target terror are horrible!
NoobkingBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 NoobkingBR

[QUOTE="Fleeman6019"]i guess it helps to see the M rating on the Wii lately because atleast its not shovelware mature titles have to have atleast some quality to them or they won't sell at all on the wiiJuarN18
wtf? driv3r, Far Cry, Medal Of Honor Vanguard, alone in the dark and target terror are horrible!

Yeah Far Cry Vengance for Wii is awfull,but there are many great games with blood and gore on Wii Resident Evil, House of Ded, Call of Duty, No more Heroes to me is a game that proves that wii can entretrain every kind of player...

And there are gret games independent of their ratings Zach and Wiki is better than any M game you find ( exept Gear of War)

Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fleeman6019
[QUOTE="Fleeman6019"]i guess it helps to see the M rating on the Wii lately because atleast its not shovelware mature titles have to have atleast some quality to them or they won't sell at all on the wiiJuarN18

but thats only 5 games 3 of which were also crap on other consoles but there has been that many crap shovelware titles that have come out this month that are worse then those games.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="Fleeman6019"]i guess it helps to see the M rating on the Wii lately because atleast its not shovelware mature titles have to have atleast some quality to them or they won't sell at all on the wiiFleeman6019

but thats only 5 games 3 of which were also crap on other consoles but there has been that many crap shovelware titles that have come out this month that are worse then those games.

I was just saying that the rating doesn't affect the quality of a game
born2runak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 born2runak
Member since 2004 • 414 Posts

I don`t know why a game has to be M rated to be a good game :roll:Okami_Link
I cant say enough how annoying the wii fanboys are on this site, who take offense at anything that might be seen as negative against their precious wii.

Nowhere in the posters topic or post does it say that any game not rated M sucks. So maybe you need to go back and reread it. I believe that the poster is saying that he has a personal opinion and that is one of dissapointment at the lack of M rate dgames on the Wii. Perhaps he is saying that he is tired of the mario games and the mario soccer games and the mario baseball games and the mario racing games and the mario fighting games. And maybe he wants something with a little more adult oriented content, maybe just for a change of pace.

So lets not get all up in arms because he didnt say anything negative about the precious wii.

Regarding the topic : yes there looks to be some promising mature games on the horizon. I hope that these are well thought out games and dont turn out to be floppers. My Wii is hungry for some decent games

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
when did it get off the track?
srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts
monster hunter looks promising
Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

[QUOTE="Okami_Link"]I don`t know why a game has to be M rated to be a good game :roll:born2runak

I cant say enough how annoying the wii fanboys are on this site, who take offense at anything that might be seen as negative against their precious wii.

Nowhere in the posters topic or post does it say that any game not rated M sucks. So maybe you need to go back and reread it. I believe that the poster is saying that he has a personal opinion and that is one of dissapointment at the lack of M rate dgames on the Wii. Perhaps he is saying that he is tired of the mario games and the mario soccer games and the mario baseball games and the mario racing games and the mario fighting games. And maybe he wants something with a little more adult oriented content, maybe just for a change of pace.

So lets not get all up in arms because he didnt say anything negative about the precious wii.

Regarding the topic : yes there looks to be some promising mature games on the horizon. I hope that these are well thought out games and dont turn out to be floppers. My Wii is hungry for some decent games

Hum I`m not trying to make anyone mad at me, I really don`t like that, but maybe YOU should reread it. He/She/It is saying "Wii getting back on track" because it will have more Mature games Or I`m just sucking at my english. Sorry, I didn`t want to piss you off, and I didn`t take anything as an offense, really.Peace, man

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

born2runak

TC said: "obviously they haven't been giving the more mature gamer very many options", which sounds like they're saying a game needs to be M rated to appeal to mature gamers which is completely wrong.

On topic, if an M logo is really that important to some gamers, then good for them and the Wii's 2009. Lets just hope they turn out well.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
[QUOTE="klidron02"]How does having an M-rating make the game any better? This leads me to believe that you think if there was swearing in a game like Mario Kart, it would be perfect. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Fleeman6019
i just believe that mature titles are better then crap titles i think anyone would say that No More Heroes is better then Calvin Tucker's Redneck Jamboree even if you hate NMH

Well of course... any game is better than crap titles... Racing games are better than crap titles. RTS games are better than crap titles. Sports games are better than crap titles. I dont understand your argument, should we be excited for every game that is not a crap title?
born2runak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 born2runak
Member since 2004 • 414 Posts
sorry, wasnt trying to start anything I swear :oops: I just get tired of hearing people unquestioningly defend the wii. I took his post as saying that there arent any M games and he is looking forward to 2009 as there are some M (possibly M) games coming out. And in that department he's right. Right now I have to admit I'm looking forward to Madworld and The Conduit. I love Mario but sometimes you just need to blow the hell out of stuff and needlessly kill some alien scum
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
M doesnt make a game any better just like R doesn't make movies better. Playing M games doesn't make u anymore mature either