Wii failing for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 rpgmadboy
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Hi people as soon as i saw the wii i was amazed i bought it on release date here in UK but now i am appauled at the games , there are hardly any available for me its going down .

I got zelda  ( obviously) red steel , call of duty 3 and wii play on release but there are hardly any games availible now the only 2 games i can think of that i am looking forward too are :

Super smash bros brawl and final fantasy crystal bearers , lack of games badly i think.

Your thoughts ...

exds01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 exds01
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts

patience is a virtue.

Lets say you sell it but once the games you want are released you will probably end up buying it again anyways. Just give it some time, go out play the PC and time will fly by.

You could try Trauma Center, warioware or exitetruck.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peralta775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 peralta775
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DTbikerider9
Obviously his words have weight if people keep posting about it.
SmashAndRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 SmashAndRun
Member since 2005 • 444 Posts
I think there are plenty of great games out now and coming out soon. SSX Blur, Medal of Honor, Warioware, Super Paper Mario
zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
I have the same problem. Lucky for us however that super paper mario is coming out soon in the states. I hope it comes out quickly in the UK. But sadly we just have to wait.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#7 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
Not for me, well at least 5 new wii games come out this week.
tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
You could always pop some cheap Gamecube games in it. I just both 007 Everything or Nothing for $14.99 at Best Buy. I'm waiting for the price to drop on Tomb Raider Legend for GC.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
This is why I don't buy a console at launch.  The wait for the games to fully start rolling out can be a long one, especially if it's you only console.  I dunno... Good things come to those who wait? :)
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts
Dear Allah, please stop it with the "There are no good wii game's other than TP, im Selling it" threads.
it just, TO YOU, there are no good games, but to the rest of us, who dont limt ourselfs to the AAA Titles or just what we know we like, we go out and try other games, I never knew that Tramua Center was good  when i first saw it(i thought it looked like Crap), i rented it and now i want to get it!

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I agree about this.

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts

I got my Wii right at launch with Zelda TP and I beat it in early December.  Its still the only game I purchased until Super Paper Mario comes out.  Fortunately I have a 360 as well.  After that the only games I'll get for the Wii are SMG and MP3 that I can see.  I never liked the stupid smash bro. games though so I don't see what the big deal is there.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
i agree...thank god i have a 360... There are no games that interest me at the moment....i got bored half-way through Zelda...i have call of duty 3, but its only an average game... i bought monkeyball...thought it was so horrible i returned it.... Im really really bored with my Wii...they wont even release any good VC games...
HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]i agree...thank god i have a 360... There are no games that interest me at the moment....i got bored half-way through Zelda...i have call of duty 3, but its only an average game... i bought monkeyball...thought it was so horrible i returned it.... Im really really bored with my Wii...they wont even release any good VC games...

Same except for Monkey Ball. Half way at Zelda, beat CoD3. Luckily, PC is no stranger to meh :)
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Yeah... I seriously think there should be a "Official Wii forum crybaby thread" stickied at the top. Then everyone can post about how they hate the Wii's graphics, the games, how the multiplayer isn't going to be fun because it's not called "Xbox Live", how they hate the VC games, how they want more channels, and how they're selling their Wii's... all in one thread. Then we can use this forum for info about upcoming games, features, and other discussions without having to wade through a bunch of people complaining and threatening to sell their consoles (which I don't understand anyways.... if you want to sell it... sell it! Why should any of us care, we don't work for Nintendo!).

On the other hand, there should also be a "I CAN'T FIND A Wii" sticky too!

Staccat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Staccat0
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]i agree...thank god i have a 360... There are no games that interest me at the moment....i got bored half-way through Zelda...i have call of duty 3, but its only an average game... i bought monkeyball...thought it was so horrible i returned it.... Im really really bored with my Wii...they wont even release any good VC games...

What? There are plenty of good VC games. I do think the line-up is weak, and some more RPGs would help them gain alot more interest. I'm fired up for Super Paper Mario. All you doubters just watch the videos from GDC. looks fun...
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="DTbikerider9"]STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!peralta775
Obviously his words have weight if people keep posting about it.

Exactly it's f****** annoying now.
rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Why don't you go buy a PS3?  Maybe you won't say the same thing about it.
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts

Yeah... I seriously think there should be a "Official Wii forum crybaby thread" stickied at the top. Then everyone can post about how they hate the Wii's graphics, the games, how the multiplayer isn't going to be fun because it's not called "Xbox Live", how they hate the VC games, how they want more channels, and how they're selling their Wii's... all in one thread. Then we can use this forum for info about upcoming games, features, and other discussions without having to wade through a bunch of people complaining and threatening to sell their consoles (which I don't understand anyways.... if you want to sell it... sell it! Why should any of us care, we don't work for Nintendo!).

On the other hand, there should also be a "I CAN'T FIND A Wii" sticky too!

decepticondevil
QFT
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts

Hi people as soon as i saw the wii i was amazed i bought it on release date here in UK but now i am appauled at the games , there are hardly any available for me its going down .

I got zelda  ( obviously) red steel , call of duty 3 and wii play on release but there are hardly any games availible now the only 2 games i can think of that i am looking forward too are :

Super smash bros brawl and final fantasy crystal bearers , lack of games badly i think.

Your thoughts ...

rpgmadboy
This is just like the people who bought PS3s and then decided that they hated Sony because they had no good games to play. Um, duh! You knew what games the Wii had coming out when you bought the damn thing. You should have known better. And besides that, games take time. They don't just fall out of the sky and into your local [enter name of UK equivalent of Wal-Mart here].
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
Why don't you go buy a PS3?  Maybe you won't say the same thing about it.
rockstar_88
Then he'll really complain. PS3 has NO games as of now. Oh well, at least he'd be clogging up another forum...
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

No Joke!! seriously these are soooo stupid. the wii has been out for like 5-6 months of course its not going to have an awesome expansive library like the 360. it takes time. Look at the PS3, it has had an equal amount of time and they still dont even have one good game. if your looking for a plethora of great games either wait or get a 360. but for now stop your whining cuz no one wants to here it. bu bu teh teh games where r teh.:cry:

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
This is just like the people who bought PS3s and then decided that they hated Sony because they had no good games to play. Um, duh! You knew what games the Wii had coming out when you bought the damn thing. You should have known better. And besides that, games take time. They don't just fall out of the sky and into your local [enter name of UK equivalent of Wal-Mart here].Shut_Me_Up
Thats a very good point, you knew what games were coming out when you bought it, if you bought it knowing that there were only two games coming out that you wanted to play. You made a bad move buying the system so no point in complaining now.
meesey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 meesey01
Member since 2006 • 2543 Posts

I think there are some sweet games out and coming soon... SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, SSBB, MP3, Tiger Woods...I think that's enough for me, maybe even too much! I'm not sure if you'll like these games but I certainly do. Maybe if you look around some more there'll be some games you like. If you liked COD3 then you might like the new COD coming out soon. Also RE:UC will be coming out so don't even think about selling your Wii.

Also it's early in the Wii's life so there won't be many good games out this early, just be patient.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts
[QUOTE="rpgmadboy"]

Your thoughts ...

Shut_Me_Up

This is just like the people who bought PS3s and then decided that they hated Sony because they had no good games to play. Um, duh! You knew what games the Wii had coming out when you bought the damn thing. You should have known better. And besides that, games take time. They don't just fall out of the sky and into your local [enter name of UK equivalent of Wal-Mart here].

Agreed.

I hate people wining.  There will be good games coming.  The 360 had a whole year before the good games really started rolling in, the PS3  is in just as bad if not worse position than the Wii.. so deal with it.

People keep complaining.  Get over it.  Be patient.

Captainintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Captainintendo
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
I love the Wii.  Its a great system with a lot of possibilities but even I have to admit that there isn't that many great games at the moment.  Red Steel had fun gameplay but a crapy storyline, wii play/wii sports are fun to play with friends but loose their luster quickly when playng by yourself and Twilight Princess is amazing but you can also stick with your game cube to play that one.  Id say that the only great game at the moment that is for the Wii only would be Wario Ware.  But even though the Wii's library is getting off to a slow start im looking forward to the wave of good games that will be coming out within the next 1-2 years.  Nintendo has yet to let me down (except for the Virtual Boy) and I dont see them starting with the Wii.  I think the same goes for the PS3 and its slow start.  Im very excited for MGS4, I just hope the system's price will start to drop eventually so I can afford one.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Elebits, Super Swing Golf and Trauma Center have yet to even be released in PAL regions so its worse for us. Imagine the american uproar if the roles were reversed. The software support stinks.
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts

[QUOTE="DTbikerider9"]STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tomarlyn
Elebits, Super Swing Golf and Trauma Center have yet to even be released in PAL regions so its worse for us. Imagine the american uproar if the roles were reversed. The software support stinks.

All this is true we have no games out in the PAL territoies and what makes it worse is that the game shops have started putting the price UP on old gamecube classics .... SSBM is £20 second hand!!! How long has that game been out... animal crossing the same .... i really haven't played my Wii now since Christmas and beleive me i want to!!!

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
If you don't already have a 360 i would invest in one this year
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts

[QUOTE="DTbikerider9"]STOP MAKING THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tomarlyn

yea I dont have anyh of those games and im OVERWHEMLED by how much different things I can do on my wii