Wi-Fi Alternatives

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I've heard that wireless routers work for the Wii.  Wireless routers come in two parts, the part that goes in the wall, and the part that goes in your computer.  Would the Wii work if we only had the one part?  And if so, which part?  Please help me here.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts
I've heard that wireless routers work for the Wii.  Wireless routers come in two parts, the part that goes in the wall, and the part that goes in your computer.  Would the Wii work if we only had the one part?  And if so, which part?  Please help me here.Tylendal
You are going to need the "complete" router to get it to work. Your question is rather confusing though, I think it's just the way it is worded
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"]I've heard that wireless routers work for the Wii. Wireless routers come in two parts, the part that goes in the wall, and the part that goes in your computer. Would the Wii work if we only had the one part? And if so, which part? Please help me here.rbrown3
You are going to need the "complete" router to get it to work. Your question is rather confusing though, I think it's just the way it is worded

Sorry, a store is having a sale on wireless routers near where I live, but my dad has heard that the Wi-Fi adaptor doesn't work that well. Thanks.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="Tylendal"]I've heard that wireless routers work for the Wii. Wireless routers come in two parts, the part that goes in the wall, and the part that goes in your computer. Would the Wii work if we only had the one part? And if so, which part? Please help me here.Tylendal

Sorry, a store is having a sale on wireless routers near where I live, but my dad has heard that the Wi-Fi adaptor doesn't work that well. Thanks.

90% of the time, you should never listen to your parents regarding anything involving computers, even if they do it for their job. My dad has two masters degrees, one in computer engineering and one in information systems. Yet he can't seem to get his home PC running. He just called me the other day to ask if I would come set up his wireless router, and I didn't even go to school for anything computer related, my bachelor's degree is in English and my master's in Political Science.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="Tylendal"]I've heard that wireless routers work for the Wii. Wireless routers come in two parts, the part that goes in the wall, and the part that goes in your computer. Would the Wii work if we only had the one part? And if so, which part? Please help me here.rbrown3

90% of the time, you should never listen to your parents regarding anything involving computers, even if they do it for their job. My dad has two masters degrees, one in computer engineering and one in information systems. Yet he can't seem to get his home PC running. He just called me the other day to ask if I would come set up his wireless router, and I didn't even go to school for anything computer related, my bachelor's degree is in English and my master's in Political Science.

:lol: must be something about growing up with computers. My mom has trouble even dealing with more than one window at once. Thanks for your help.