Why the hell is Animal Crossing still $34.99?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
It's been out since 2005 and the price still hasn't dropped. I was planning on buying the game but I'm not going to if I have to pay that much. Does anyone know where I can get it for cheap besides ebay?
Grovesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Grovesx
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

Your worried about $34.99? Over here in England it's still around £29.99, that's what, $60?

Anyway, it's still selling lots, so there isn't any reason to lower the price as of yet.

Avatar image for Frankensteinman
Frankensteinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Frankensteinman
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts
get a used copy... or buy it from someone you know who has it... they will sell it cheap
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

Yeah, I was still shocked when I went to go buy Super Mario 64 DS, 30 bucks, and it was the first game to come out on the ds...

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trickshot771

why lower the price of something when it still sells at the regular price?7CloudStrife7

Because it's three years old. I'd expect a price decrease.

Cooleo1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cooleo1010
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]

[QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]why lower the price of something when it still sells at the regular price?7CloudStrife7

yea but who cares how old it is, if its still selling that's all that matters, if I could sell something for $35 for 3 years I wouldn't just all of a sudden go, oh man, I should really mark this down and make less profits, and honestly its only been out for about 2 years since it was released Q4 2005 in NA and Japan

Well you can find God of War, also released in 2005, for $20 so things do get cheaper

N3UR0SIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N3UR0SIS
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
Just purchase it used if you don't want to pay full price. Though in my opinon it'd be worth full price.
L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
Its a fun game to play, its still very popular, and selling well. :)
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts

[QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]why lower the price of something when it still sells at the regular price?Trickshot771

I guess you dont understand business. It still sells well so they will not lower the price. The other game you mentioned must not be selling well so they lower the price in hopes of squeezing a few more dollars out of it. Thats how business operates. I must say I would do the same thing. They are in the business to make money not sell you something cheap.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]why lower the price of something when it still sells at the regular price?Trickshot771

If something is still selling well at its current price, why would you lower the price? They don't do it because they're nice people who care about customers; they do it to spur demand and get more people to buy the product. That's just basic business.

General_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 General_Diablo
Member since 2008 • 566 Posts
i am guessing that it is such a great game and it is still selling great.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Trickshot771
I guess I should have worded my question "it's curious how animal crossing hasn't had a price reduction yet" instead of "I'm a blundering idiot who doesn't understand the basic concepts of marketing", because it seems as though that's how you guys are interpreting it. I know gamestop doesn't the take the consumers best interest in mind and I know that the game sells well so there is no reason to reduce the price. I'm just saying that it's a little frustrating to pay full price for a game that is over two years old.
guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts

I guess I should have worded my question "it's curious how animal crossing hasn't had a price reduction yet" instead of "I'm a blundering idiot who doesn't understand the basic concepts of marketing", because it seems as though that's how you guys are interpreting it. I know gamestop doesn't the take the consumers best interest in mind and I know that the game sells well so there is no reason to reduce the price. I'm just saying that it's a little frustrating to pay full price for a game that is over two years old.Trickshot771

Yah I thought about picking it up last month at Wal-Mart, but paying full-price for an old game caused me to balk at it.

I've never played an Animal Crossing game before and I kind of want to see what it's all about.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Because people will still pay that much for it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

While the other answers are good it's not the REAL reason, well they're not the 2 real reasons

1. It's still for a current gen system

2. There hasn't been a sequel

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I guess I should have worded my question "it's curious how animal crossing hasn't had a price reduction yet" instead of "I'm a blundering idiot who doesn't understand the basic concepts of marketing", because it seems as though that's how you guys are interpreting it. I know gamestop doesn't the take the consumers best interest in mind and I know that the game sells well so there is no reason to reduce the price. I'm just saying that it's a little frustrating to pay full price for a game that is over two years old.Trickshot771

Well, you did ask "why is it still $34.99", which would imply that you didn't know. ;) I certainly do agree that it's frustrating to have a game still be full price years later.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trickshot771

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]I guess I should have worded my question "it's curious how animal crossing hasn't had a price reduction yet" instead of "I'm a blundering idiot who doesn't understand the basic concepts of marketing", because it seems as though that's how you guys are interpreting it. I know gamestop doesn't the take the consumers best interest in mind and I know that the game sells well so there is no reason to reduce the price. I'm just saying that it's a little frustrating to pay full price for a game that is over two years old.GabuEx

Well, you did ask "why is it still $34.99", which would imply that you didn't know. ;) I certainly do agree that it's frustrating to have a game still be full price years later.

I guess I should of had a disclaimer saying "this question is rhetorical, please don't reply"

Maybe I'll remember next time :)

zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
It's selling for $40 or $45 where I am.
luke141eels

Forum Posts