Why isnt there a final fantasy for the wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keough_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 Keough_7
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts
Besides final fantasy my life as a king wiiware why dont they make final fantasys for the wii i think they could make good final fantasys for the wi
Archangel_2309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#2 Archangel_2309
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
Divine Intervention! Because the Wii doesn't hold up to the PS3 in terms of graphical capability. Plus changing the whole game to fit the Wii's scheme would just be a pain. But there is good news. If you were a fan of Crystal Chronicles, there will be a sequel to that one coming out sometime this year. That's the only Final Fantasy game that I personally have wind of coming out for the Wii.
srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts
crystal chronicals??
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

because we have DQX, and CC

for me thats better than a FF

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
It's my opinion that SquareEnix is still bitter with Nintendo, despite the fact that they have began making games for their consoles again. I don't blame Square, they just took the offer that was best for their company and moved development of FF7 over to the PSX. Nintendo wants to restrict what gets put on their system, and insist on putting Mario into other developers' games. Can you imagine how FF7 would have turned out if Nintendo had anything to do with it? It wouldn't have gone down in history as one of the best games of all time, that's for sure.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Squenix wanted to put the game on what at the time seemed like a sound system for the game, which would not be the Wii.
NoobkingBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 NoobkingBR
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Because wii can't make a beutifull game wii is like a psp, to play when you dont want to play something with punishing dificulty or with you are going to play with a baby , my wii is only played one week a month when a big title like galaxy is released , but in the rests is just my xbox360 or my ps3 , hard core gaming forever!
Archangel_2309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#8 Archangel_2309
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
Yeah, dude, if you're going to bash the Wii, go do it in System Wars. We don't need it here. Conveniently Placed Navigational Clicky
Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
Because wii can't make a beutifull game wii is like a psp, to play when you dont want to play something with punishing dificulty or with you are going to play with a baby , my wii is only played one week a month when a big title like galaxy is released , but in the rests is just my xbox360 or my ps3 , hard core gaming forever!NoobkingBR
but Final Fantasy Agito XIII is coming out on PSP yet still nothing on Wii
Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

Besides final fantasy my life as a king wiiware why dont they make final fantasys for the wii i think they could make good final fantasys for the wiKeough_7

Your statement makes no sense because "good" and "final fantasy" are opposites. (unless it's one of the first 7)

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

It's my opinion that SquareEnix is still bitter with Nintendo, despite the fact that they have began making games for their consoles again. I don't blame Square, they just took the offer that was best for their company and moved development of FF7 over to the PSX. Nintendo wants to restrict what gets put on their system, and insist on putting Mario into other developers' games. Can you imagine how FF7 would have turned out if Nintendo had anything to do with it? It wouldn't have gone down in history as one of the best games of all time, that's for sure.Ovirew

what the....

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
We have Final fantasy fables: Chocobo's dungeon if you're into dungeon crawlers. In the future we'll get Echos in time and crystal bearers.
D7ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 D7ok
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
Wii will ruin a final fantasy
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
FF games have been sony exlusive. XIII isnt but its made for the PS3 which means theres no way the Wii could run it. I believe that Crystal Chronicicals series is coming to the wii theres some Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon game out and MY LIFE AS A KING IS A GREAT GAME!!!!
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Wii will ruin a final fantasyD7ok
And it would be the first system to do that. :roll:
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i think u just made cid and chocobo very sad. they want to be recognized too u know :)
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]It's my opinion that SquareEnix is still bitter with Nintendo, despite the fact that they have began making games for their consoles again. I don't blame Square, they just took the offer that was best for their company and moved development of FF7 over to the PSX. Nintendo wants to restrict what gets put on their system, and insist on putting Mario into other developers' games. Can you imagine how FF7 would have turned out if Nintendo had anything to do with it? It wouldn't have gone down in history as one of the best games of all time, that's for sure.JuarN18

what the....

To address what the person I quoted highlighted? WTF? Where has Nintendo forced other devs to put Mario in their game? And did Sony really have anything to do with FF7 other than make the console it was on? And make loads screens :)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
crystal chronicals??srdjan311
yup. crystal chronicles is nintendo exclusive (at least for now). i like CC more than regular FF episodes. or, if you are really annoyed by not having a main chapter, get your DS (hardcore gamers that own a wii almost always have a DS) and get FF XII: revenant wings. excellent game, and a sequel to one of the best "FF *insert number*" out there.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

It's my opinion that SquareEnix is still bitter with Nintendo, despite the fact that they have began making games for their consoles again. I don't blame Square, they just took the offer that was best for their company and moved development of FF7 over to the PSX. Nintendo wants to restrict what gets put on their system, and insist on putting Mario into other developers' games. Can you imagine how FF7 would have turned out if Nintendo had anything to do with it? It wouldn't have gone down in history as one of the best games of all time, that's for sure.Ovirew

Yeah because the Final Fantasy installments on NES and SNES all had Nintendo fan service everywhere.

The reason for Square to move on was space limitations and Sony's desire for a great 2nd party publisher. I'm aware of Square's original dislike for Nintendo following Playstation, but to say the reason was because Nintendo would have forced fan service on the game is a tad too much.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
for the most part square seems to only like the 360 and ds i would love to have more wii love ether on the vc or new games
-Skatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 -Skatman-
Member since 2008 • 1068 Posts
Because the main FF series has been on Playstation for years maybe?
ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts
I think they treat every console the same, except for it's president. Wii is a toy-Bah!!
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

We have Final fantasy fables: Chocobo's dungeon if you're into dungeon crawlers. In the future we'll get Echos in time and crystal bearers.AdRock92

Most people seem to be ignoring this.

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts
Well Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time is on the way follow by The Crystal Bearers sometime later.
Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Serbine
Wii will ruin a final fantasyD7ok
Don't kidd yourself, if they did it on the PS2 they can do it on the Wii as well.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Its not just the Wii. There are no FF's on Nintendo consoles lately. And no Crystal Chronicles doesn't count.
Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#31 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
FF games have been sony exlusive. XIII isnt but its made for the PS3 which means theres no way the Wii could run it. I believe that Crystal Chronicicals series is coming to the wii theres some Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon game out and MY LIFE AS A KING IS A GREAT GAME!!!!webbut
Ever heard of Final Fantasy I-VI? Those were on Nintendo systems.
Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#32 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
Its not just the Wii. There are no FF's on Nintendo consoles lately. And no Crystal Chronicles doesn't count.firefox59
Sorry for posting twice, but I hate when people do that. Crystal Chronicles DOES count; it has "Final Fantasy" in the title and is made by Square Enix. Granted, it isn't the best Final Fantasy game, but you can't just say it doesn't count so you can make your point.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
[QUOTE="webbut"]FF games have been sony exlusive. XIII isnt but its made for the PS3 which means theres no way the Wii could run it. I believe that Crystal Chronicicals series is coming to the wii theres some Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon game out and MY LIFE AS A KING IS A GREAT GAME!!!!POkemonfreak101
Ever heard of Final Fantasy I-VI? Those were on Nintendo systems.

No i just thought they started at 7 kinda like star wars starting at 4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 1425678786655
Member since 2003 • 410 Posts

No i just thought they started at 7 kinda like star wars starting at 4

noob

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Serbine
[QUOTE="firefox59"]Its not just the Wii. There are no FF's on Nintendo consoles lately. And no Crystal Chronicles doesn't count.POkemonfreak101
Sorry for posting twice, but I hate when people do that. Crystal Chronicles DOES count; it has "Final Fantasy" in the title and is made by Square Enix. Granted, it isn't the best Final Fantasy game, but you can't just say it doesn't count so you can make your point.

Yeah, I really dislike when people do that too, The Crystal Crystal games are awesome people just need to give them a chance.