why are so many 3ds games poorly rated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

maybe this is a dumb question but why do so many 3ds games suck. I mean sure you got LoZ of course thats going to score well but the overall ratio from bad games to good games is not looking that great. I wanted to buy my little cousin a 3ds hes 8. he has a dsi right now. im going over the games he might wanna play and other then LoZ well...there isnt any.

I like the 3ds and I think my cousin would to but the lack of game support makes it not worth it. Im not buying poorly rated games for the sake of having a game. might as well keep his dsi and have fun with that.

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

True. Thats why the only game I own is LoZ.

and i cant even get hooked on THAT.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Yeah, they're poorly rated because the majority of 3DS games out now are garbage to mediocre. I own Pilotwings and DOA: Dimensions alongside Zelda, but that's just because I got Pilotwings half price and DOA...well, it's actually a decent fighter for a handheld game. Your cousin is best off with his DSi for the moment. The few DSiWare games that are worth playing will work fine on his system, as there's no specific 3DSWare stuff yet (other than Pokemon or Excite Bike 3D). There are Gameboy games, but they're pretty overpriced.
ShadowLaguna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 ShadowLaguna
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Nearly every system starts out with an average game selection, half of which are games which not many care about that are rushed out to the day of the system's launch, so they can get sales. It takes at least a year for a game selection on a console to develop properly, which is when all the big companies bring out the next best thing. So, by the time next year ends, the 3DS should have a fine selection of games readily available.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Yeah theres not a whole lot out there yet.. I got LoZ Re Mercs DoA Dimensions Dream Trigger Ridge Racer 3D Ghost Recon Shadow Wars PilotWings Resort Get used to it, this is what the first few years of a system looks like..
knives913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 knives913
Member since 2011 • 142 Posts

When systems start out, they always have a bunch of crappy games to dish out. Luckily, the 3DS is starting to come out with some really good games now. Star Fox is coming in September. YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

When systems start out, they always have a bunch of crappy games to dish out. Luckily, the 3DS is starting to come out with some really good games now. Star Fox is coming in September. YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

knives913
I think the 3DS is already doing better than the DS did at launch - though the DS was one of the worst launches, game-wise, in the history of videogaming. The biggest game was a port of Super Mario 64, which had terrible controls either through the dpad or the atrocity that was the thumb strap. Hilariously, Ubisoft's DS launch lineup included Rayman and Asphalt, both of which returned for the 3DS and no better off for it. Same with Namco's Ridge Racer. There wasn't anything worth buying on the DS for a year. So far on the 3DS we at least have Ocarina of Time. Even if it is a port, it's far superior to the Mario 64 port on the DS.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I really enjoyed the Mario 64 port on the DS. Whilst it didn't control as well as the N64 version, the controls were far from awful. I still rate it as being one of my favourite DS games.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's still launch season. Every system has a terrible launch until more developers finish getting used to the system's architecture and complete their games for it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
What's sad is that most of the most wanted are remakes of 64 games...
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
people are picky i own 5 3ds games and they are all good to great games
GhostCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GhostCrysis
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
They should've released RPG games.
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
They should've released RPG games.GhostCrysis
I agree that RPgs would be a great boost to the system but they are very time dependent, and there hasnt been that much time to develop for the 3ds yet.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
next month devil survivor overclocked comes out thats a great rpg
sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

i've got streetfighter 4 which is perfect inb every way (okay apart from the static backgrounds but the 3D more than makes up for it). the online is the best i've ever had on a handheld..

ridge racer is pretty cool, pro evo 11 ive enjoyed. i cant wait to get zelda...

im super happy with the 3DS... i still find the 3D jawdropping and i've had it since launch.... i like the streetpass, ive filled in all the panels and still going through the dungeon game..... i stick it in my pocket when i walk to work and i get 10 coins everyday... ive met over 30 people on streetpass so far and have a few friends on the friends list (although why i cant message them or interact is a mystery to me, im waiting for it to appear in a future update).

and with all the great games just around the corner things can only get better..l give it a chance!

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

oh well. I guess I will just wait some more if you guys think it may get better in a year or so. he enjoys his ds anyway. he already beat dragon warrior which i thought was pretty good for 8 years old. I wish they had released a new mario kart when the system was released. at least there would have been that and loz.

GhostCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GhostCrysis
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
next month devil survivor overclocked comes out thats a great rpgelbert_b_23
Already played that on the regular DS and I heard that they only added 1 extra chapter to the story in this 3DS version. Not worth my time in my opinion. Nintendo focused too much on Mario games and shooters.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Yeah, it's true. We can thank Ubisoft for that.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

give it to him on christmas by then he will want one for sure.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

It's better to form your own opinion about the games rather than going by review scores.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#21 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

It's better to form your own opinion about the games rather than going by review scores.

LovePotionNo9
Who has the money to do that? We need reviews to help steer purchases in the right direction.