who's getting the wii u

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

samclockwise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 samclockwise
Member since 2011 • 76 Posts
I haven't had my wii for very long so I'm just getting into the games now. When I saw the wii u I just said to my self "another system already". But the wii has been out as long as the gamecube now. I still think it is to soon for another system. But what do you think?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Yes, I would much rather the Wii as the console to play for another couple years. If I do get a Wii U and I'm not sure I will, it won't be until at least 2014 at the earliest.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I think the Wii's tech has been stretched for far too long and personally I can't wait to play Wii U.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

if it would have good 3D support i will consider it , alsomaybe when it has a zelda and will be cheaper , not at launch

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I am, & I don't think its too soon...just playing some of the Wii games, I already wish the Wii was a more powerful system..as it does show on games like Cursed Mountain, Disaster: DoC, Metroid Prime 3, Monster Hunter 3, & Xenoblade Chronicles..of the top of my head..screams for a more powerful system. They could have been so much more.

Bring on Wii Ultra Nintendo :)

thesnowdog2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 thesnowdog2005
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
It's coming at just the right time imo. What gamer in their right mind wouldn't want a Nintendo console that's going to be around 4 or 5 times more powerful than the PS3 and 360..? Day one for me.
stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

I think the Wii's tech has been stretched for far too long and personally I can't wait to play Wii U.Sgt_Crow

agreed that the tech is kind of outdated. I doubt most people cared, though, if sales are anything to go by. I guess this is thier whole move to the "core" gamer (which I don't think they'll be able to pull off--the blue ocean will carry this product or not at all).

I'll get it a few years after launch like the Wii. The 1st party games will still be around so I won't be missing anything by waiting.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

i am! greetings from serbia

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Definately i've been dreaming of seeing what a metroid game would look like with graphics that can surpass PS3...oh and Zelda too!! Day 1 purchase for me even if those aren't launch games, I always buy Nintendo consoles on Day 1

XDudeJerichoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XDudeJerichoX
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Nintendo needs to up its game, the Wii is doing alright in general with casual gamers but it hasn't got the best of reputations with core gamers who seem to favour the other two, so I think this console is needed, however with how the 3DS has gone I highly doubt I'll buy the Wii U straight away.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I will at some point. But at launch??? I don't know the 3DS was rough

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Im getting the Wii U. I cant wait for it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

i am! greetings from serbia

srdjan311
I am too. Greetings from USA. How is it in Serbia? I'd like to visit someday.
Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Yes. I am also getting the PS4 and the successor to the 360, and I am upgrading my PC. :D

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

i want to play high res games with an alternate controller mechanism that doesnt mean i have to play an expensive camera for only a small handful of shovelware games (COUGH*PS MOVE*COUGH)

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
I will, but not at launch
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

I personally won't buy another nintendo system since NoA refused to give me Last Story and Xenoblade.

Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

Nintendo needs to have at least 1 first party game ready for launch for me to consider it. A new metroid would be enough to get one at launch. release of current gen multiplats like batman just wont cut it. And you just know Ubisoft are going to do the cheap port thing

thesnowdog2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thesnowdog2005

I personally won't buy another nintendo system since NoA refused to give me Last Story and Xenoblade.

Zanoh
Just import them mate. Problem solved. We had to wait 9 months for Trauma Center Second Opinion here in the UK so I chipped my Wii and imported it from the States instead. I'm really hoping that Nintendo are going to make the U region free to save importing games being a problem but going by Nintendo's track record so far I can't see that happening unfortunately.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Will probably pick it up once it has enough games that I want, right now I've got a backlog that will last me a while so I'm not in any rush :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

to quote the lion king...

It is Time

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I will. The upgrade to HD is enough of a selling point for me. Skyward Sword looked beautiful to me until I saw HD Zelda at E3. Now Skyward Sword looks hideous by comparison. I buy every Nintendo system so I would have gotten the Wii U anyway, but I am dying to see some first party Nintendo games in HD.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Eventually, but unless Nintendo can come up with some TRULY unique and engaging, I don't see it happening anytime soon after its launch. As someone that has owned an HD system for a few months now, the whole idea of getting a Nintendo system solely for "teh HD graffix" has next to no impact on me at all. It doesn't bother me at all to play a HD game one minute and a Wii game the next, so the idea of just buying a Wii U for merely its power is pointless to me, especially if I can get the majority of those games with the system I currently own (most of them not even appealing to me with the system that I have now).

Basically, the Wii U will sell to me solely because of Nintendo's first party games and how creative the Wii U tablet really becomes. Quite frankly, I'm not that optimistic at the moment about either of those things. From a first party perspective, we've only heard about Pikmin 3, which is by no means a system-seller and Super Smash Bros., a game that according to Sakurai, is not even in development yet. That's a lineup similar to the one that GameCube tried at launch, and to not a great success. And when it comes to the Wii U tablet, it simply reeks of the same aura that the 3DS had when it came to developers talking about its 'possibilities', only for the system to have released one of the most underwhelming and uncreative lineup of games I've ever seen thus far. Given that we've seen most of the tablet's tech elsewhere, I actually have my doubts that the Wii U will really be that unique, meaning that it'll eventually become at best a Nintendo system with power that we've witnessed and experienced for years now.

Still, at the end of the day, it should only take a friendly price and a few Mario games for me to finally start to consider getting a Wii U at some point. At the moment, though, I see myself waiting it out for a good while.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Depends on the games, but I agree that I'd prefer to see the Wii's life extended.
samclockwise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 samclockwise
so far its just going to have games from other systems like batman arkham city and dark siders 2
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

so far its just going to have games from other systems like batman arkham city and dark siders 2samclockwise

Thats not true, it will also have Nintendo first party titles, and it will also have Killer Freaks from Outer Space, which is going to be an exclusive. It will also have another exclusive, which is some Lego game that has an opened world.

Also, if the developers arent just doing a lazy port, the multiplats should have better slightly better graphics, slightly faster loading speeds (hopefully), and hopefully exclusive content other than touch screen controls if the devs deside to make use of it.

thesnowdog2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thesnowdog2005
so far its just going to have games from other systems like batman arkham city and dark siders 2samclockwise
It'll have first and third party exclusives too. And you're sounding like having a SKU of multiplatform titles is a bad thing; something that the Wii has been criticised for not having. And the majority of third party multiplatform titles should be superior visually compared to PS3 and 360 titles too considering how much more powerful the U is going to be compared to the PS3 and 360. As well as being visually superior you may also find that the U SKU of multiplatform titles such as Battlefield and Call of Duty will have more players involved at a time for online multiplayer. Having a console 4 or 5 times more powerful than the PS3 and 360 could make a big difference to the U SKU of multiplatform titles. More players, higher res textures, better AA, smoother framerates and less pop-in.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I am, but not Day 1, Month 1, or Month 5. I am waiting 1 year after its release... unless something happens to my current wii.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
No. My Wii still rocks.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
Depends on the games, but I agree that I'd prefer to see the Wii's life extended.meetroid8
Your kidding right. I don't think the Wii can survive much longer judging from it's sales. If you feel that the Wii U is coming too soon, then just hold off from getting it.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
I'm not getting it unless it's region free.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I will. I'm aiming to get it a launch, that is, assuming I have a job by then.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

thesnowdog2005

Just import them mate. Problem solved. We had to wait 9 months for Trauma Center Second Opinion here in the UK so I chipped my Wii and imported it from the States instead. I'm really hoping that Nintendo are going to make the U region free to save importing games being a problem but going by Nintendo's track record so far I can't see that happening unfortunately.

Too right, and I think I better mate. This nonsense has gone far enough, but they still won't get a buyer outta me.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
day 1 purchase for 1 reason other then its a nintendo. When my wife kicks me off the tv to watch some terrible show, i can still play video games.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="thesnowdog2005"][QUOTE="Zanoh"]

Zanoh

Too right, and I think I better mate. This nonsense has gone far enough, but they still won't get a buyer outta me.

You definitely should, if the games are so important to you that you won't buy the next console over it, you should definitely do what you need to do to import it. Xenoblade is seriously amazing, and worth every penny!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34797 Posts

It's being made by Nintendo. Therefor, it shall be mine.

samclockwise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 samclockwise
Waiting a year sounds like the smart choice. I really have to see more and hear some reviews before I get it.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Depends on the games, but I agree that I'd prefer to see the Wii's life extended.Crystal-Rush
Your kidding right. I don't think the Wii can survive much longer judging from it's sales. If you feel that the Wii U is coming too soon, then just hold off from getting it.

The Wii's sales aren't the problem; the system just has a total lack of noticeable software support to garnish and/or sustain any kind of momentum. If the Wii's library was moving as well as the PS2's at a similar point in that system's life, chances are that it would be just as healthy, if not healthier, of a product right now. Heck, even adequate support from Nintendo alone has been enough to keep the Wii in great shape the majority of this gen and probably would be now if that was the case.

The funny thing is that in spite of its technical "shortcomings," I also think the Wii's life could have and SHOULD have been strongly supported for a while longer, especially given its popularity and the timing. It just seems like a terrible time for Nintendo to be releasing what is pretty much its 'current gen' HD Console in what will be about 5 1/2-6 1/2 years later than everyone else, given the disadvantage it's immeadiately going to have in terms of userbase and amount of games. It would be one thing if Nintendo could come up with a way for the majority of its Wii owners to migrate over to the Wii U, but so far, Nintendo doesn't even seem interested in very principles that made the Wii what it has become, much less making the games and catering to the consumers that bought into those principles.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#39 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
ill probably get it some time, but that time will depend on a few things like whether its underpowered compared to the other consoles and how the lineup is shaping up.
thesnowdog2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thesnowdog2005

[QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]Depends on the games, but I agree that I'd prefer to see the Wii's life extended.Madmangamer364

The Wii's sales aren't the problem; the system just has a total lack of noticeable software support to garnish and/or sustain any kind of momentum. If the Wii's library was moving as well as the PS2's at a similar point in that system's life, chances are that it would be just as healthy, if not healthier, of a product right now. Heck, even adequate support from Nintendo alone has been enough to keep the Wii in great shape the majority of this gen and probably would be now if that was the case.

The funny thing is that in spite of its technical "shortcomings," I also think the Wii's life could have and SHOULD have been strongly supported for a while longer, especially given its popularity and the timing. It just seems like a terrible time for Nintendo to be releasing what is pretty much its 'current gen' HD Console in what will be about 5 1/2-6 1/2 years later than everyone else, given the disadvantage it's immeadiately going to have in terms of userbase and amount of games. It would be one thing if Nintendo could come up with a way for the majority of its Wii owners to migrate over to the Wii U, but so far, Nintendo doesn't even seem interested in very principles that made the Wii what it has become, much less making the games and catering to the consumers that bought into those principles.

I wouldn't worry about the power of the U by the time it's released. It won't be a 'current gen' HD console at all, it's going to be 4 or 5 times more powerful than the PS3 and 360 going by the confirmations we've had from IBM and AMD regarding the CPU and GPU respectively.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

[QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"]Your kidding right. I don't think the Wii can survive much longer judging from it's sales. If you feel that the Wii U is coming too soon, then just hold off from getting it.thesnowdog2005

I wouldn't worry about the power of the U by the time it's released. It won't be a 'current gen' HD console at all, it's going to be 4 or 5 times more powerful than the PS3 and 360 going by the confirmations we've had from IBM and AMD regarding the CPU and GPU respectively.

Let's just hope devs uses that power & differences in games between the systems are noticeable (since it has so much power and all) ..if it doesn't then its kinda pointless.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#42 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

im getting a wii u day one

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Im getting it definitely, but probably not day 1.

the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts

I will definitly be getting it.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It is a given that I will get the Wii U. Since I have bought all 5 of Nintendo's home consoles. I will get the 6th but not at launch, Got to see how the Wii U launch goes first. Then 6 months or so. Wii U needs a killer app that makes very good innovate use of that Tablet controller for me to buy at launch.

BluesKing527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BluesKing527
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts
Definitely getting the Wii U... Besides the games Nintendo can make with more powerful hardware, what I'm really excited for is the Controller. It just looks awesome!
sasuk3uchicha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sasuk3uchicha
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

I got my Wii a month ago... I won't get the Wii U soon if I'm gonna get it anyways... I can get it in 2015... Or I will wait for Wii U They...

Avatar image for MonteCarloLS910
MonteCarloLS910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonteCarloLS910
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Day one buy for me if they can get more than 1 tablet controller to work with the system. At least two tablet controllers working will do for me.

MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
I plan on pre-ordering the system as soon as the date is announced.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Yeah, I think I'll probably get it for the Nintendo exclusives and other exclusive games on the system.