Who do you want in the next Super Smash Bros. Game?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arenamaster89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 arenamaster89
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

The people I want are

James Bond

Master Cheif

Shadow the Hedgehog

Ridley

Kraid

Dark Samus

Metroid

Lara Croft

Who do you want?

The Arena Master

My banner

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Online that doesn't suck ***.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
they could relaunch brawl with nothing else other than Megaman Model ZX added, and i would pay full price
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Anybody or anything except Sonic characters.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

The people I want are

James Bond He is a movie character, he will not be in for sure.

Master Cheif Get over it, MS owns MC, not Nintendo.

Shadow the Hedgehog Possible, but will most likely be a clone of Sonic

Ridley You really expect to play fairly with a giant dragon?

Kraid Not sure who Kraid is

Dark Samus Most likely a Samus color change

Metroid Isn't that a little floating thing?You'd get killed.

Lara Croft Not gonna happen.

Who do you want?

Pokemon Trainer from Gold/Silver/Crystal with Chikorita,Typhlosion, and Crockonaw or whatever it is called.

Mewtwo instead of Lucario

Bowser Jr.

Rosalina

Daisy

arenamaster89

Mafia217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 Mafia217
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

The people I want are

James Bond

Master Cheif

Shadow the Hedgehog

Ridley

Kraid

Dark Samus

Metroid

Lara Croft

Who do you want?

The Arena Master

My banner

arenamaster89

Lara Croft? James Bond? Master Chief? no please....no...specially master chief...he's already in DoA4...so no need to... I would want Majora, Toad, King Boo, Gray Fox (since Snake is there already), Lyn, and Rosalina.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

James Bond

Movie Character, ineligible. Besides, no real guns allowed.

Master Cheif

Tied to Microsoft, ineligible. Shares gun problem with bond.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Would probably end up a clone of Sonic, and isn't that good of a character anyways as he was introduced when the series started going downhill. Would make for a nice color change along with Silver.

Ridley

Much too large

Kraid

See above

Dark Samus

Could work, but would probably end up a clone. Like Shadow would make a nice color change.

Metroid

Wow, you sure do love this series. Anyways, very little possibility for a moveset.

Lara Croft

The teenager in me screams "YES!" but the gentlemen must say that there are better non-nintendo characters to be included and Eye-candy shoudln't take one of their spots.

Who do you want?

arenamaster89

Personally, for starters I want all characters de-cloned entirely. After that, they need to balance the existing characters, weakening those like Metaknight. Then, I don't want any characters added whose series is already represented. And no unnecessary third-party characters, just keep to cla$$c ones like pac/mega/bomber-man. I'm not going to dig up my old list though because it would be far to long. But most importently is not who is added, but who is kept. And not the characters, the guy who makes the games. Masahiro Sakurai is the genius behind all three games, and if he left the series would fall into ruin.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I want them to get rid of the non-Nintendo characters.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Playable online. But I'd like to see Travis Touchdown in there
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Head_of_games

aransom
Why? A few classic non-nintys is fine as long as they don't go overboard. There's no reason to eliminate characters unless the suck entirely like Pichu.
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 randomwiiplayer

Out with Snake. What the hell were they thinking? Konami requested it, they should have said no. Sonic is terrible. He is way to fast to control.

commonercoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commonercoffee
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I would love Melee styled gameplay with a lagless online. That's really all I want. They could just rerelease Melee with an added online mode and I would buy it right away.

Noskillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Noskillkill
Member since 2009 • 1116 Posts

Axe all non nintendo characters, the point of the game was to have all ur fav nintendo characters duke it out, but snake and sonic?? thats not cool guys. they dont have that nintendo feel to them. they dont have that unique feeling(well sonic does but he is just not very cool at all for this game) give every character at least one or two 3rd party characters, so i can have those epic staged battles, like wolf vs fox on corneria. and make online playable, dear God, make it playable. and bring back some of the N64 stages, to satisfy our nostalgia. and finally, BRING BACK ROY!

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

Out with Snake. What the hell were they thinking? Konami requested it, they should have said no. Sonic is terrible. He is way to fast to control.

randomwiiplayer
Wuddya mean? Snake is one of the best characters in the game. I'm not particularly amazing as him but generally he's considered good and I know people who own as him. And all the complaints about Ridley are a bit quick to judge. Make him smaller than when you fight him in SSE, then make him like a Charizard type character. I'd be excited.
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 randomwiiplayer

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

DeeDeeDee-er

Wuddya mean? Snake is one of the best characters in the game. I'm not particularly amazing as him but generally he's considered good and I know people who own as him. And all the complaints about Ridley are a bit quick to judge. Make him smaller than when you fight him in SSE, then make him like a Charizard type character. I'd be excited.

Snake is one of the worst in the game. Ness is better than him.

Noskillkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Noskillkill
Member since 2009 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="DeeDeeDee-er"][QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

randomwiiplayer

u make it sound like Ness is no good. Ness is one of those characters u have to learn to be good with, like jigglypuff and olimar. he has hidden potential, and he woops some butt.

randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 randomwiiplayer

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

[QUOTE="DeeDeeDee-er"] Wuddya mean? Snake is one of the best characters in the game. I'm not particularly amazing as him but generally he's considered good and I know people who own as him. And all the complaints about Ridley are a bit quick to judge. Make him smaller than when you fight him in SSE, then make him like a Charizard type character. I'd be excited.Noskillkill

u make it sound like Ness is no good. Ness is one of those characters u have to learn to be good with, like jigglypuff and olimar. he has hidden potential, and he woops some butt.

I know, I am great with Ness, but a lot of people I know don't stand a chance with him.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

A charactor that dosen't make these types of threads. Master Cheif come on already stop wasting my time

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

I wouldn't buy the next ssb game if they added most of the characters you guys listed. Oh, I know! Lets add the blue marble from Marble Madness! He is such a classic! Of course you can't change his costume/color otherwise he wouldn't be called the Blue Marble :|

I'm just trying to say I want only Nintendo characters.

Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
I don't want a new Smash Bros........
reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

seriously? another one? not the game this thread? im starting a new SSBB tread that will be original right now.

Gr3atOn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gr3atOn3
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Little Mac from Punch Out and maybe someone from battletoads or contra but those might be to old school lol
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

The people I want are

James Bond

Master Cheif

Shadow the Hedgehog

Ridley

Kraid

Dark Samus

Metroid

Lara Croft

Who do you want?

arenamaster89

You are going to be very disappointed, my friend.

Giygas, Pokey and Skull Kid would be in the roster if I had my way but those choices are still pretty conservative compared to some of the ones you've made. Master Chief? Never gonna happen.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
All of the current and maybe some that were tooken out. Plus+ Ridley Tails Knuckles Charizard New Version of Pokemon trainer. Wolf Link King Boo Dry Bones Birdo Waluigi R. Rool Dixie Kong / Kiddy Kong Porky Minch Poo Pico Samurai Goroh Marina Liteyears Dark Pikmin FF: CC Characters Those are some suggestions.
DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts
I'd like for the next smash brothers not to suck, but there isn't much chance of that happening.The_Ginyu_Force
No one like trolls buddy.
ShadowLink427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 ShadowLink427
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I think the characters that exist are pretty well-balanced already (at least by comparison to the previous two iterations of the game). As for the Shadow the Hedgehog debate, I think anyone who's played Sonic Battle on the GBA realizes that he doesn't HAVE to be a clone of Sonic, and furthermore I think that Brawl proved that the developers are not in the mood to make "clones" in the Melee sense of the word. I think Shadow has some potential, because frankly, the series could use some more villain/anti-hero types for story mode purposes. But, of course, if new developers are brought in, anything's possible.

My biggest thing I'd like is an expanded Stage Builder mode. I really enjoy the one in Brawl, but only having three themes to work with is a bit limiting. That being said, I'd add in:

Megaman (and maybe a side character or two from the series)

Shadow the Hedgehog

Isaac (or comparable character from the upcoming Golden Sun DS game)

90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

we have more ssbb threads than anything in these forums. i am still content on playing the current ssbb rather than thinking about the next one. i would rather have nintendo fix the online issues with the current game and i would be content. oh yeah, and my favorite character is samus and my best character is marth. my worst character is jigglypuff. that should sum up the next three threads people put out regarding this game. you guys have a safe and great holiday weekend.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Smoother online gameplay. If Mario Kart Wii and The Conduit can make it lag-free (works on my connection at least), so can Smash Bros.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

[QUOTE="aransom"]

Head_of_games

Why?

I just would prefer it with only Nintendo's characters. If they made a clone of Smash Brothers but with Star Wars characters, they wouldn't put in Captain Kirk and Deslok.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I want Roy back and Amaterasu.

With her weapons a brush techs., there are so many moves for it. It would work perfectly!

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Head_of_games

Oh, Ammy would ROCK! I'd much prefer that to Wolf-Link.

I just would prefer it with only Nintendo's characters. If they made a clone of Smash Brothers but with Star Wars characters, they wouldn't put in Captain Kirk and Deslok.

aransom

The creator of the series stated that Smash Bros is a series for characters that have A) Been on a Nintendo console. B) Originated from video games. Anything that meets those two standards is fair game. So if it's going to be a fighting game with video-game all-stars, why not have ones that aren't owned by Nintendo? Of course, I certainly don't want the roster flooded with them, but there are a few that are deserving.

randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 randomwiiplayer

Oh, Ammy would ROCK! I'd much prefer that to Wolf-Link.

[QUOTE="aransom"]

Head_of_games

The creator of the series stated that Smash Bros is a series for characters that have A) Been on a Nintendo console. B) Originated from video games. Anything that meets those two standards is fair game. So if it's going to be a fighting game with video-game all-stars, why not have ones that aren't owned by Nintendo? Of course, I certainly don't want the roster flooded with them, but there are a few that are deserving.

No. Only Nintendo characters deserve to be in a Nintendo game. When did the creator say that anyway?

TheNintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheNintendo
Member since 2009 • 159 Posts

Nin Chars

Banjo & Kazooie, Waluigi, Bowser Jr, Roy, Dr. Eggman (whatever his name is, the guy from sonic), Mii, maybe Paratroopa. Get rid of Lucas and switch Lucario for Mewtwo. see anyone else?

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Mii with the moveset I made.

I would also like a better stage creator and better wifi

TheNintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheNintendo
Member since 2009 • 159 Posts

sman3579

That too.

vengala31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vengala31
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

why don't we just stop calling it smash bros and instead we start calling it MUGEN (Nintendo just have to buy the name/rights etc)

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I would also like a few Warioware characters and Waluigi.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#39 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
Bomberman and Simon Belmont come to mind.
gamerinchrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 gamerinchrist
Member since 2008 • 5800 Posts

although i highly doubt it will ever happen, i would love to see banjo-kazooie. But, i would also like to see King K. rool.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

[QUOTE="arenamaster89"]

James Bond

Movie Character, ineligible. Besides, no real guns allowed.

Master Cheif

Tied to Microsoft, ineligible. Shares gun problem with bond.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Would probably end up a clone of Sonic, and isn't that good of a character anyways as he was introduced when the series started going downhill. Would make for a nice color change along with Silver.

Ridley

Much too large

Kraid

See above

Dark Samus

Could work, but would probably end up a clone. Like Shadow would make a nice color change.

Metroid

Wow, you sure do love this series. Anyways, very little possibility for a moveset.

Lara Croft

The teenager in me screams "YES!" but the gentlemen must say that there are better non-nintendo characters to be included and Eye-candy shoudln't take one of their spots.

Who do you want?

Head_of_games

Personally, for starters I want all characters de-cloned entirely. After that, they need to balance the existing characters, weakening those like Metaknight. Then, I don't want any characters added whose series is already represented. And no unnecessary third-party characters, just keep to cla$$c ones like pac/mega/bomber-man. I'm not going to dig up my old list though because it would be far to long. But most importently is not who is added, but who is kept. And not the characters, the guy who makes the games. Masahiro Sakurai is the genius behind all three games, and if he left the series would fall into ruin.

Lol XD.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Head_of_games

Lol XD.

ACL0V3R

What a well-thought-out and meaningful statement. I am truly touched by your wise words. You should write a book.

1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

sman3579

This, along with King K. Rool, would be enough for me. Thing is, it'll be a while before the next one comes.

Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

[QUOTE="arenamaster89"]RidleyHead_of_games
Much too large

Mathematical proof that Ridley is not too big. Read the whole first post.

[quote="arenamaster89"]Dark SamusHead_of_Games
Could work, but would probably end up a clone.

Have you played Metroid Prime 2/3? Dark Samus could probably use more phazon-based attacks.

Neutral special: the flurry of small phazon shots from Metroid Prime 2.

Side special: still thinking about this one. Maybe the clones from Metroid Prime 3?

Up special: Dark Samus creates an orb of energy around her and uses that missile-esque attack from Metroid Prime 2/3. Still thinking about how this would differ from Fox's Fire Fox. Perhaps it would be riskier in some way? More start-up time?

Down special: the Hyper Ball. Yes, I'm aware that it was regular Samus who used it, but is it that far-fetched that Dark Samus can use it as well?

If anything, Ridley and Dark Samus will be the next two Metroid characters chosen for SSB.

arenamaster89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45 arenamaster89
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

Remember, We are also trying to say who WE want in the next smash bros. Game.

The Arena Master

Banner

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

Travis Touchdown, Midna, Waluigi, switch Lucario with Mewtwo. I don't have anything against Lucario, but I'd prefer to see Mewtwo in the game.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Head_of_games
Hmm, I stand corrected on the ridley issue. But I still think that even if Dark Samus COULD have an original moveset, I doubt she WOULD. Just like they made wolf a fox/falco part-clone, Dark Samus would likely be almost identical to Samus with jut small twitches.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

Hmm, I would want Megaman if Capcom allowed them to. I'd want Travis Touchdown, Ridley, Mii, Roy, and no clones.

Zappykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zappykins
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

What about using sort of a Mii maker? You can make battelfields, why not tunes?

Sort of I guess like what Spore was supposed to be. You could unlock new powers, blend things together (like the stamps.)

Zap

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
Travis Touchdown, imagine him making a finishing attack as the Final Smash and Cutting Mario in half :P That would be awesome, alonn with all the blood spilling all over the screen. Isaac/Felix from Golden Sun. Kratos/Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. Megaman. Momohime from Muramasa. Micaiah/Sothe and The Black Knight as antagonist from Fire Emblem Midna. KK Slider/Tom Nook from Animal Crossing. Little Mac. Now for the ones that will never happen: - Master chief - Gordon Freeman - Lighting(FF XIII) - Cloud/Sephiroth(FF VII) - Nomad/Psycho(Crysis) - Dante/Nero(DMC) - Kratos(God of War) - Sackboy - Isaac(Dead Space) - Faith(Mirrors Edge) - Ryu(Street Fighter) - Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden) - Chris RedField - Worms