Where's the redesign?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

I see they're still announcing new colors, are there any hints of a redesign for E3? I want dual sticks but not if it means buying the bulky Circle Pad Pro

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
i want a redesigned transparent purple 3DS. make it happen nintendo!
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

At this point Nintendo would be crazy to unveil a 3DS redesign.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#4 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Nowhere if Nintendo's smart.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Nowhere if Nintendo's smart.Spinnerweb
Is the 3DS selling that well?
Bruzer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruzer1
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Maybe next year.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]Nowhere if Nintendo's smart.hydralisk86
Is the 3DS selling that well?

Extremely well. It's currently topping weekly sales charts in Japan, and is selling great in North America and Europe as well.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
wait a month
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

There is no real need for one. The only thing that can be enhanced is the battery life. Other than that, the system is perfect. In my opinion, they're not going to redesign for a second analog. I don't see why they'd want to split the audience so drastically. Maybe later on down the track, but definitely not for the next year or 2.

My 2 cents anyway.

Extagia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Extagia
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I'm not too sure about them making redesign anytime soon, especially how they added that bulky extra control thing for MHTri and Peacewalker 3D in Japan. As for colors, I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more in the near future.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

I see they're still announcing new colors, are there any hints of a redesign for E3? I want dual sticks but not if it means buying the bulky Circle Pad Pro

istuffedsunny
Judging by what has happened in the past, when a new color is announced that means nothing else "new" will be released anytime soon. If Nintendo is dropping more $ to produce another color, it only means they are willing to gamble their $ to boost sales. Dropping a redesign right now would just piss off a lot of people and make things more complicated with consumers and money wise. And lets say if they decide to do it, by now consumers are smart enough to realize what they really need and want. Fool the consumers once, shame on Nintendo, fool us twice, shame on yourself.
metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

Besides a longer battery, a redesign isn't all that necessary. The size of the 3DS is great, so I honestly don't really want a "slim" version (can't imagine how hard it'll be to hold and play comfortably if it were any thinner... my Nyko extended battery attachment makes it a bit bulkier but definitely more comfortable to hold).

It already has a good amount of colors (even if they are a bit ugly besides the black and red ones), and there is no need for a second analog stick, especially with the type of games that are usually on the 3DS, a second stick would make things too complicated for the system's core audience, and game designers I think like the simplicity of just one analog.

If there is one it probably won't be for at least 2 or so years. But hopefully not, maybe just patches for things or just releasing a same design system but with interally improved hardware (faster load times, better battery life, etc).

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I expect a redisign as soon as the vita gets some decent games. Right now the 3DS is winning on games not hardware. Once vita can compete they plan to take away its edge with the redesign all of the gamers who haven't bought a 3DS yet are holding out for. Thats just my theory....

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

When there is a need for a redesign, it'll come.

The 3DS has been doing fairly well without one, no point in bringing one out now.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 istuffedsunny
That sucks to hear. I guess I can wait a couple more years
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
with how well the 3ds is selling i doubt there will be a redesign this year
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

This topic has been done to death, will you people stop asking about a new 3DS model and clogging up the forum??? If you cant find your answer with a Google search then I doubt anyone on a message board will have the answer.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
That sucks to hear. I guess I can wait a couple more yearsistuffedsunny
But why? No single game requires a second circle pad and only 5 of them in the west support it anyway. It's a long wait for nothing in my opinion.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

It doesn't need a redesign. Besides the battery life, what would you change?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

As said, the 3DS doesn't need a redesign, other than to extend the battery life (which can be done manually if you want it so badly). Another thing I would like to note is that I don't want the 3DS to get any bigger, I have the CirclePad Pro and while it's useful for the games that use it, it's also pretty uncomfortable because it simply makes the system to big, and a redesign to add that could only get bigger too, I much prefer having the optional CirclePad Pro that I can add/remove as needed, than to be forced to carry around a much bigger system. Regardless, I doubt there'll be a redesign this year anyway, Nintendo will be putting all their resources into launching the Wii U successfully and trying to redesign the 3DS at the same time would cause problems, if they plan to do a redesign it'll be next year.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pixel-Perfect

NirdBerd

Well, it would be nice if the ridges on the bottom screen didn't scratch the top screen. I also wish the stylus was kept on the right of the system like the DS lite. I think the 3DS could really use a higher quality camera too. I don't personally care if they add a second circle pad, but if they can do it without making the system a clunky mess then why not? I also have some problems with the system menu that could be ironed out with a redesign.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
Not sure why there would be a need other than better battery life or maybe bigger screens. Nyko's got the battery issue down. Like my Nyko Power Pak+. I'd love big screens though. I would definitely buy another 3DS for XL screens.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
they never said they'd make one, so the best you can do is hope they follow the pattern and release one next year.
i want a redesigned transparent purple 3DS. make it happen nintendo!ZumaJones07
for vintage's sake, i agree with this post.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I hope that never.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 istuffedsunny
Well I think it's bound to happen, the new layout will probably be like the Wii U tablet and it'll have bigger battery. But I don't know if it'll release before or after Wii U. I don't know how the DS was doing sales-wise before they introduced the Lite
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
For those complaining about the battery life, that is NOT the problem. The problem is the power consumption of the device.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

Pixel-Perfect

Well, it would be nice if the ridges on the bottom screen didn't scratch the top screen. I also wish the stylus was kept on the right of the system like the DS lite. I think the 3DS could really use a higher quality camera too. I don't personally care if they add a second circle pad, but if they can do it without making the system a clunky mess then why not? I also have some problems with the system menu that could be ironed out with a redesign.

Place the cloth on the 3DS and clam it if you want to avoid the ridge-mark
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

LastRambo341

Say what? No, "What the hell is this, Nintendo?" no, "Replace our screens, you lunatics!", no "Can't you test your console design?" just "I'll put a cloth between them and giggle to myself?" It isn't a good solution.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Spinnerweb

Say what? No, "What the hell is this, Nintendo?" no, "Replace our screens, you lunatics!", no "Can't you test your console design?" just "I'll put a cloth between them and giggle to myself?" It isn't a good solution.

It really is a solution :? Its just that simple. Put the cloth on the bottom screen, clam it and done :?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Place the cloth on the 3DS and clam it if you want to avoid the ridge-mark

It really is a solution :? Its just that simple. Put the cloth on the bottom screen, clam it and done :?

a much easier solution would be not having to care about a damn cloth you have to carry around with your 3DS. you know, like every other clam handheld ever.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"] Say what? No, "What the hell is this, Nintendo?" no, "Replace our screens, you lunatics!", no "Can't you test your console design?" just "I'll put a cloth between them and giggle to myself?" It isn't a good solution.

a much easier solution would be not having to care about a damn cloth you have to carry around with your 3DS. you know, like every other clam handheld ever.

ITS A CLOTH. Its LIGHT, SOFT and WEIGHTLESS
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

LastRambo341

I wish I could say it were that easy. I might be the only one here, but I've used that method and it didn't help. Even if it did though, it's the principle of the thing. The system shouldn't scratch itself, that's a huge design flaw.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Wait & see till the E3, if nothing is announce in regards of 3DS redesign, then you have your answer. I'm not expecting a redesign & in truth it'll be pointless in my opinon. It can't get any smaller, & making an XL would ludacris, & the second circle pad is optinal.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts

Pixel-Perfect

I wish I could say it were that easy. I might be the only one here, but I've used that method and it didn't help. Even if it did though, it's the principle of the thing. The system shouldn't scratch itself, that's a huge design flaw.

I found that by simply closing the console gently you can avoid marks of any kind. It's when it snaps shut that these marks are imprinted. It requires no effort and no cloth. The only downside is putting the thing in your pocket. If it's a squeeze, you'll smudge the screen.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Raiko101

I found that by simply closing the console gently you can avoid marks of any kind. It's when it snaps shut that these marks are imprinted. It requires no effort and no cloth. The only downside is putting the thing in your pocket. If it's a squeeze, you'll smudge the screen.

I think maybe my ridges are worse somehow, I take good care of the system and it's pretty ridiculous that a cloth doesn't completely stop this.

But anyways, the condition of my screen is neither here nor there.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NirdBerd

I do not use anything to 'protect' my 3DS. It has zero scratches. Guess I'm lucky or something.

Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

There is no real need for one. The only thing that can be enhanced is the battery life. Other than that, the system is perfect. In my opinion, they're not going to redesign for a second analog. I don't see why they'd want to split the audience so drastically. Maybe later on down the track, but definitely not for the next year or 2.

My 2 cents anyway.

trugs26

I agree with you. Hate me all you want but I never liked dual analog setup in gaming. Gamepad is good for fighting, racing and sports games and 1 analog is enough for them. In other gentres I always prefer keyboard+mouse or wiimote (in 3ds' case touch screen). The only reason I might be interested in a redesign is an improved battery life, which is vital part of a handhelds features imo.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

I've had two 3DS's since launch, have never had any problem with marks being made when closing them.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pixel-Perfect

I do not use anything to 'protect' my 3DS. It has zero scratches. Guess I'm lucky or something.

NirdBerd

That's apparently what it comes down to. Xat-chew.gif

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

Pixel-Perfect

Do you take it places, often? If it's a bed-side play-on-the-couch device which stays home, that could have a lot to do with the difference in wear...

... Just a thought.

:|

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

MonkeySpot

Do you take it places, often? If it's a bed-side play-on-the-couch device which stays home, that could have a lot to do with the difference in wear...

... Just a thought.

:|

I'm not sure I like your e-tone.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Well, if some people think just taking care of their 3DS is enough, I think that getting screen protectors is still good just in case something happens.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LastRambo341

Pixel-Perfect

Make it double-layered
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Place the cloth on the 3DS and clam it if you want to avoid the ridge-markLastRambo341

Make it double-layered

I do, I promise. :P Now can we all stop talking about my screens?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] It really is a solution :? Its just that simple. Put the cloth on the bottom screen, clam it and done :?

it's a thing you have to care about every time you close your 3DS, lest you end up with a scratched screen. you really go out of your way to defend companies, don't you?
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] a much easier solution would be not having to care about a damn cloth you have to carry around with your 3DS. you know, like every other clam handheld ever.

it's a thing you have to care about every time you close your 3DS, lest you end up with a scratched screen. you really go out of your way to defend companies, don't you?

Defend the companies?? :? I'm just being honest Yes, I did acknowledge the ridges, but when I placed the cloth, the ridges no longer existed, so I advise people to do so. You sound as if its a burden to carry, it is NOTHING, and it works. You really go out of your way to attack companies, don't you?
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spinnerweb
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] ITS A CLOTH. Its LIGHT, SOFT and WEIGHTLESS

Defend the companies?? :? I'm just being honest Yes, I did acknowledge the ridges, but when I placed the cloth, the ridges no longer existed, so I advise people to do so. You sound as if its a burden to carry, it is NOTHING, and it works. You really go out of your way to attack companies, don't you?

That's not the company's smartness that some people do that. And they should fix it unless we want every other console of theirs having similar faults to which we just say, "Oh no problem, just shut up, take our money and we'll sort it out ourselves."
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NirdBerd

Also, for the record, there is no pressure between the top and bottom screen when closed (and I even carry it in my pocket), because of the two rubber pieces on the upper corners of the top screen. I'd really like to see some pics of people's 'faulty' 3DS' just to get an idea.

Dzr1U.jpg

9LUql.jpg

So as you can see, there's a breathing gap for the screens.

And no scratches...oh, dat dust, I'm never shining light on my 3DS screen again!

fj00v.jpg

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it's a thing you have to care about every time you close your 3DS, lest you end up with a scratched screen. you really go out of your way to defend companies, don't you?

That's not the company's smartness that some people do that. And they should fix it unless we want every other console of theirs having similar faults to which we just say, "Oh no problem, just shut up, take our money and we'll sort it out ourselves."

If you want something done right, you must do it yourself
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spinnerweb

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Defend the companies?? :? I'm just being honest Yes, I did acknowledge the ridges, but when I placed the cloth, the ridges no longer existed, so I advise people to do so. You sound as if its a burden to carry, it is NOTHING, and it works. You really go out of your way to attack companies, don't you?LastRambo341

If you want something done right, you must do it yourself

That's what I said! We take matters into our own hands and complain to Nintendo. That's what we do :P