When did this board get so Pokemon happy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I mean wow, look at all the freakin Pokemon threads! Its uncanny how the release of one enhanced remake and the news of 1 pokemon gen remakes can spark this much poke talk. Its getting to the point where there are 3 "team" threads per page. Maybe someone needs to start an official pokemon thread?

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
Theres Gamefaqs, its just that people are too lazy to go there, so they flood the Ds board with these threads.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I made a thread like this a couple of weeks ago, but nothing was done. :(

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

It's really been bugging me too. If you want to talk about Pokemon, go the freaking pokemon forum. I think it's time we cracked down on this horse poop. From now on, nobody reply to Pokemon thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
It's mostly the new guys, they keep making threads about Pokemon without actually going to a Pokemon forum or anything. That and no one else seems to bother making threads about anything else.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

pokemon used to be cool but now it sucks

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

It annoys me to. When you come on here and like the entire top page is all pokemon threads it gets on my nerves. Go to the freaking Pokemon forum people.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I mean wow, look at all the freakin Pokemon threads! Its uncanny how the release of one enhanced remake and the news of 1 pokemon gen remakes can spark this much poke talk. Its getting to the point where there are 3 "team" threads per page. Maybe someone needs to start an official pokemon thread?

-Oath
I noticed that too. A few weeks ago there was some topics, but after this weekend it just flooded the board. Maybe we can make this topic our secret HQ to plan some evil stuff to destroy the pokemon empire? :P Jk.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
The Pokemon thread explosion started when Platinum was released. I'm glad others are finding it to be pretty annoying now. I'm definitely getting tired of it. They definitely need an Official Pokemon stickied thread. It's just absurd that 85-90% of the threads on the first page have to do with Pokemon.
George_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 George_M
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

What's so weird about it that is that Gamespot likes to banish certain topics to sticky threads, while Pokémon threads are allowed to run rampant here even though they have their own forum.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

How ironic that this thread now constitutes yet ANOTHER discussion about the flippin' game. :lol:

lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts
When Pokemon was released for the Nintendo DS.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
the kids have invaded gamespot
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
What did you expect? Platinum came out recently and Heart Gold and Soul Silver just got announced. And all of this news about new Pokemon games made everyone go back and play the old ones.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Oath

What did you expect? Platinum came out recently and Heart Gold and Soul Silver just got announced. And all of this news about new Pokemon games made everyone go back and play the old ones. savebattery

What did I expect? For people to use Gamefaqs.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts

[QUOTE="savebattery"]What did you expect? Platinum came out recently and Heart Gold and Soul Silver just got announced. And all of this news about new Pokemon games made everyone go back and play the old ones. -Oath

The fact of the matter is that GameFAQs and Gamespot have very different communities, even if our accounts are linked on both sites. This forum explicitly allows Pokemon threads, so either deal with that fact, take it up with an administrator or moderator, or find a different forum.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="savebattery"]What did you expect? Platinum came out recently and Heart Gold and Soul Silver just got announced. And all of this news about new Pokemon games made everyone go back and play the old ones. savebattery

The fact of the matter is that GameFAQs and Gamespot have very different communities

And? People who are here to discuss Pokemon are here for Pokemon. They can just as easily discuss it on Gamefaqs or the GameSpot/Gamefaqs forum bridge on the games Gamespot page. But apparently they dont want to so it would seem a official thread is in order to halt these constant Pokemon threads here.

-_Cloud_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 -_Cloud_-
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts

-Oath
OMG THANK YOU!!! I totally agree with you! It's been really grinding my gears as of lately. Something better be done to reduce the dreaded poke invasion threads.
julianozuca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#20 julianozuca
Member since 2006 • 1944 Posts

What's so weird about it that is that Gamespot likes to banish certain topics to sticky threads, while Pokémon threads are allowed to run rampant here even though they have their own forum.

George_M

Jackpot! Well said.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
I like pokemon too but these fellas up in here are just overdoing it with the trades/battles threads and its not really easy to ignore especially when they could either join a pokemon union or go to the pokemon forum boards.Nobody didn't say that you can't talk about pokemon but for the trades/battles,just go to the pokemon forums for a better chance in getting what you want instead of posting it on the DS boards right through.
smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="savebattery"]What did you expect? Platinum came out recently and Heart Gold and Soul Silver just got announced. And all of this news about new Pokemon games made everyone go back and play the old ones. savebattery

The fact of the matter is that GameFAQs and Gamespot have very different communities, even if our accounts are linked on both sites. This forum explicitly allows Pokemon threads, so either deal with that fact, take it up with an administrator or moderator, or find a different forum.

really? what's the difference?

jaredcsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jaredcsimpson
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

-Oath

It's the DS board...should we get happy in the X-box board or Off topic board ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Pokemon,overall,is too broad of a topic to limit to just one sticky,with how many games there are and how much the games have.It's a similar situation as to why there isn't a huge religion topic in the Off-Topic board; it is just too big.

catastrophee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 catastrophee
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It's slightly scary, and makes it difficult to find anything else you're looking for :[ Silly pokemanz :o
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Honestly I've noticed it for quite a while now. It's kinda went in waves of either 80% of the first page or 40%.... but it never seems to go down to just a few... They should make a Pokemon Forum so that everyone would go there and talk about pokemon... :roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Pokemon,overall,is too broad of a topic to limit to just one sticky,with how many games there are and how much the games have.It's a similar situation as to why there isn't a huge religion topic in the Off-Topic board; it is just too big.

VGobbsesser
This. Pokemon is simply too expansive to discuss on one thread, or even one board (if that board is devoted to one Pokemon game only). For example, do you really think you could discuss Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on a Pokemon pearl discussion board? Or how the hell could you talk about EV training on a Pokemon Ranger board? Then, within one game, there simply is too much happening to confine to one thread only. I mean, a single Pokemon game can have you fishing, gambling, advertising a bike, participating in beauty peagants, taking walks in parks, cooking food, gardening, decorating secret hideouts, oh, and, before I forget, catching and training Pokemon. How do you discuss all of that on one thread? You don't. Also the fact that, like it or not, Nintendo handhelds a) survive and b) exist, almost exclusively because of Pokemon games. They're here to stay, and you'll see, when the DS 2 comes along, it'll be flooded with discussion of EV training in Pokemon Tin/Aluminium or whatever the next ones will be called. If you don't like it though, maybe you can ignore the Pokemon threads, or take it up with the mods. Or maybe, you and like minded people should start flooding this forum with non Pokemon themed threads. Good luck with making sure they hold though.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

How ironic that this thread now constitutes yet ANOTHER discussion about the flippin' game. :lol:

ston3henge
Here here Instead of complain about the threads, you should contribute by giving links out to each one. Such as "Use the Pokemon board found here" After awhile, people will start to catch on.. hopefully
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

charizard1605

This. Pokemon is simply too expansive to discuss on one thread, or even one board (if that board is devoted to one Pokemon game only). For example, do you really think you could discuss Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on a Pokemon pearl discussion board? Or how the hell could you talk about EV training on a Pokemon Ranger board? Then, within one game, there simply is too much happening to confine to one thread only. I mean, a single Pokemon game can have you fishing, gambling, advertising a bike, participating in beauty peagants, taking walks in parks, cooking food, gardening, decorating secret hideouts, oh, and, before I forget, catching and training Pokemon. How do you discuss all of that on one thread? You don't. Also the fact that, like it or not, Nintendo handhelds a) survive and b) exist, almost exclusively because of Pokemon games. They're here to stay, and you'll see, when the DS 2 comes along, it'll be flooded with discussion of EV training in Pokemon Tin/Aluminium or whatever the next ones will be called. If you don't like it though, maybe you can ignore the Pokemon threads, or take it up with the mods. Or maybe, you and like minded people should start flooding this forum with non Pokemon themed threads. Good luck with making sure they hold though.

You are right that there may be too much going on th keep it to just one thread, but for god's sake there are forums for each of the games themselves. So why isi t necessary to fill up the DS board with 50 million posts regarding Pokemon. Why can't they just all be kept to the forums associated with the specitic games. That is why those forums were created. This fotum is theNintendo DS Discussion not Come here for all of your Pokemon DS discussion forum

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Ya i was thinking the same thing! There are other games coming out people that we know more about! Mario and Luigi RPG 3! Scribblenauts! Well thats two but i know there is more i just can't think right now!

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts

really? what's the difference?

smurf_killer

The GameFAQ pokemon boards support hacking(they have a sticky on how to request hacked pokemon). Most people here hate hacking. I think that's a big enough difference. I do agree that they could probably bring it somewhere else, but they're mostly new users who don't know where to bring it.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

The DS board is a joke now thanks to all the users who make countless Pokemon threads. It gets really annoying. I rarely come to the DS board anymore.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
coincidentally or not, my friend recently got diamond (dunno why he didnt pick platinum) and i got wireless connection, so those are 2 reasons why i recently came back to pokemon :P
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

I am a recent DS owner, and I am amazed at the amount of Pokemon topics on this board.

I mean, there is a Pokemon forum on this website! Why fill up the DS board?

Elduque21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elduque21
Member since 2006 • 985 Posts

George_M
Like general topic threads asking "Hey what DS game should I buy in this category?" Isn't that the point of a general discussion forum? I've been saying this for months that it's not right.
thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thomassmash
Member since 2008 • 2039 Posts

we should do a evil plan:

1)make as much "hate-pokemon-threads" threads and someone will do something

2)kill everyone

3)put sublimminal msgs in McDonalds and common places, say"llik enoyreve" they will surely work

4)hack DS board :P

5)burn down the pokemon empire

pick one! ;3

UnknownDarknes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UnknownDarknes
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts

-Oath
Ive just come back after a few months and it's just full of pokemon, it's ridiculous
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I'm not really sick and tired of the pokemon threads, but I don't think trading threads should be allowed in here. It's like half this board is full of "QUICK! TRADE WITH ME NOW!" threads, but I don't even trade to begin with.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

It dosen't bother me too much. I just hate the ones that say "battle me"!

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#40 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

It's been like this for weeks upon weeks. I want it to stop as well but there is little we can do about it right now.

I'm sure a topic will not be made.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

I'm not really sick and tired of the pokemon threads, but I don't think trading threads should be allowed in here. It's like half this board is full of "QUICK! TRADE WITH ME NOW!" threads, but I don't even trade to begin with.

toxic_jackal
Well we do have a sticky directing trades and battles and such at the top but no one seems to pay attention to it.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrunoBRS
well, there's the unofficial official pokemon thread. use it so the mods sticky it and the other topics disappear
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
It's been Pokemon-filled since Platinum came out. And I wasn't here when D/P came out, but I'm guessing it was like this too back then. I wouldn't mind so much if most of them weren't involving online matches/trading; I love Pokemon, but I'm not really into that part of the games much. But I wish I could just discuss the games like we discuss any game.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Gamespot should do some Pokemon sticky type thing.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

If this is started when Platinum came out, imagine when HeartGold SoulSilver releases worldwide...... O_________O

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

A long time ago... I've beaten Diamond, Pearl, and almost Platinum and I'm burn't out of Pokemon.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BrunoBRS

If this is started when Platinum came out, imagine when HeartGold SoulSilver releases worldwide...... O_________O

ANIMEguy10034
BTW, is that september release date worldwide?