What will you be getting Guitar hero world tour or Rock band two

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Now from what i am hearing Rock Band 2 is not going to be a stripped down version of the other latest gen consoles and will come around the same release date.

Consider this before you say Yes or no and Why

(for this somewhat poll) Consider Rock band 2 to not be stripped down for the wii

Guitar hero WT has everything of the ps3 and Xbox 360 confirmed including GHtunes and DLC.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Guitar Hero World Tour since we know it's actually coming to the Wii.
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts

Probably GH:WT. However, despite the fact that Rock Band 2 was just announced, I'll still hold out for it a little, though I highly doubt they'll change anything for the Wii version and simply strip it down again.

Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#4 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
Both :D
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
GHWT. I had planned on getting RB this month, but with GHWT being so much more for your money and not that far off, I decided to hold out and get that. RB2 is still a ways off, so I don't want to wait THAT long, even it if does turn out to be better than GHWT.
Makedonijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Makedonijo
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts

guitar hero.....

because im not richie rich

Avatar image for LedRoseShredder
LedRoseShredder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LedRoseShredder
Member since 2008 • 456 Posts

Im not rich, and I didnt even buy the first RB, and the 2nd one's having Avril Lavigne.. Definitely not buying it(dont care if she was in the other rock band)

Oh, and GH should have like 60 percent classic rock and 40 percent modern rock, let's be fair, because I admit I don't like alot of modern rock bands like Linking Park or Sum 41 or Blink 182 or Plus 44 or *Minus 14 (you get the idea) and RB doesnt have alot of classic rock, so Im choosing World Tour.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
Rock band 2
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Guitar Hero: World Tour.
roll450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 roll450
Member since 2006 • 4113 Posts
Actually I heard from some where that Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour. Is almost exactly the samething. I dont know I got it some where off of kotaku or gonintendo.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Well since I have no friends, it'd be pointless to buy Rockband.

So I say guitar hero :?.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Both :DPOkemonfreak101

^^^^

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

Bass7
Well you do realize that GH4 has Drums, Bass, Guitar, and Mic as well. And Rockband Had the same instruments (and it looks like RB2 will to).
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
[QUOTE="Bass7"]

EndlessPunisher

Well you do realize that GH4 has Drums, Bass, Guitar, and Mic as well. And Rockband Had the same instruments (and it looks like RB2 will to).

Damn...

Looks like I need to find some friends? :?.

lol but seriously idk what I'm going to get. I didn't really care for guitar hero 3, and I didn't like Rockband on the Wii (though I have on other systems). At this point right now I say Rock Band 2, but we'll see when they're released :).

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Guitar Hero because it's actually confirmed for the Wii
Paleo_Orca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Paleo_Orca
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts
I'ma get Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii and Rock Band 2 for the 360 since I already have the instruments for that.
COKTAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 COKTAL
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
GH:WT. One reason is because I've heard the drums are alot better than rock bands which should be nice.
wrekk8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wrekk8
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

none of them

guitar hero has lost the point by incorporating drums, and rock band costs far 2 much!!

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I'm definately getting GH4 since I already have the guitar. If Rockband blows me away, maybe I'll get it at a later date.

Guitar Hero because it's actually confirmed for the WiiKenny789

Rockband 2 is confirmed for every console, including the Wii.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

Im not rich, and I didnt even buy the first RB, and the 2nd one's having Avril Lavigne.. Definitely not buying it(dont care if she was in the other rock band)

LedRoseShredder

oh my....... common sense tells me to stay away from RB 2, well at least they still dont have nickelback and simple plan

Troop01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Troop01
Member since 2007 • 296 Posts
deff world tour. over 90 tracks?! im down for that!
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
I heard that there will be DLC for GH:WT, so i'll get that.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Guitar Hero World Tour for sure. Because it is confirmed for the Wii and the DLC. the instruments are also confirmed to be wireless. Now if they can get the microphone to be wireless...
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

guitar hero.....

because im not richie rich

Makedonijo

They are both priced similarly. And the game will come to the Xbox 360 several months before the other consoles.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
For the Wii... neither. Currently it looks like this: For the X360, Rock Band 2 day one. GH:WT guitar package only... maybe. The reasoning behind it is I have invested in RB already and Harmonix is making sure my investment pays off over time as DLC transfers and they aren't pushing new hardware on me.

GH:WT only selling point (from my research so far) above what RB already offers is the 'create your own songs' mode, and it doesn't have a Vocals ability.

Seeming I mostly play this as a 3 man 'band' of guitar, drummer and vocals... that makes one person have to pick up a guitar instead of doing what they like while playing. And while there will be the few people that make good songs, the plethora of craptastic will overwhelm. Thus I'll stick to respectable bands and songs as my DLC choice. As for price of DLC, that doesn't bother me. I gladly pay for quality. Also, on a shallow 'looks' only view: I like the graphics direction of RB more than the cartoony GH feel. Now, the playlist is what matters though when it comes to enjoying it. Until that gets revealed I can't really make a final decision. But I have a feeling RB will keep it's 'Everything we can get in it' approach, so I would bet it wins my opinion over. EDIT: Now my views were given the assumption that "RB2 is not stripped out on the Wii". I still think it will be, so Wii only owners really have no choice but get GH:WT. If you own more than one console though there is still a choice and mine will probably be RB2.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Guitar Hero World Tour.

The Rock Band guitar sucks, so I don't want any part of that.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raahsnavj
Guitar Hero World Tour.

Haziqonfire
Why do you think that the RB guitar sucks?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Guitar Hero World Tour.

raahsnavj

I hate the strummer. After playing GH3 extensively and then using the RB guitar, its strummer is horrible.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Bass7"]

Bass7

Damn...

Looks like I need to find some friends? :?.

lol but seriously idk what I'm going to get. I didn't really care for guitar hero 3, and I didn't like Rockband on the Wii (though I have on other systems). At this point right now I say Rock Band 2, but we'll see when they're released :).

Don't worry, you can still remain friendless and play Guitar Hero. It's being released 3 ways. One with just the game, one with just the game and guitar, and one with everything.

Anyway, to answer TC's question. DLC or no DLC is no competition. I'm getting Guitar Hero.

shadowjfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shadowjfd
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts
I'll be picking the one that has a bettre track list, but 4 now I'm rooting 4 guitar hero
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raahsnavj
[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Guitar Hero World Tour.

Haziqonfire

I hate the strummer. After playing GH3 extensively and then using the RB guitar, its strummer is horrible.

It definitely has a different feel to it. I was the same way after playing RB extensively and going to GH's. I found that the way I played the GH one kept giving me false double strums and my finger tips would slip off easier when doing quick alt strums. It got around it though with practice. That hardly merits it the 'sucks' title, more of the 'I'm more comfortable with the GH guitar'.
rpg_crazy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rpg_crazy123
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
GHWT all the way ive already played rock band and its ok.. i want something different and i might just get it from the new GH
IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
Personally if Rock Band two cant match up to GH WT Ill be getting rid of rock band at a store that i can trade it in at. Ill probably be getting 100$ for it. Rock Band 2 Now I like harmonix but if they are going to give us a piece of crap no but either way since i got a guitar i can play bass on (Guitar Hero 3 FTW). And it has dlc and gh tunes so Ill be trying to get some cash untill then. I may change my opinion but unless E3 can really really really show off Rock Band 2 for the wii to be equal to the rest then ill get it. But they must show off rock band 2 for the wii.
heatmaster22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 heatmaster22
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
GH:WT for several reasons. 1 better drums,2 a ridiculasly large amont of songs,3 its announced thar all the songs will be master tracks,4 a lot more features,5 wii version will have downloadable content,6 cuz rock band sucks
RadonZRo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RadonZRo
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts
When I play Rock Band guitars is slow I find on the wii and other systems. GH I find faster plus the song are more fun and there is alot of classics that are not on Rock Band. Guitar Hero bring out the legends because for a rhythm game it challenges you. Rock Band to me was easy so I would go with GHWT...
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

GH:WT for several reasons. 1 better drums,2 a ridiculasly large amont of songs,3 its announced thar all the songs will be master tracks,4 a lot more features,5 wii version will have downloadable content,6 cuz rock band sucksheatmaster22

2. Rockband could have a large amount of songs too.

3. RB will all be masters too

4. You don't know the features for RB. It could have more than GH:WT.

5. RB2 could have DLC too

makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

Rock Band sucks

Guitar Hero World Tour FTW

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 raahsnavj
GH:WT for several reasons. 1 better drums,2 a ridiculasly large amont of songs,3 its announced thar all the songs will be master tracks,4 a lot more features,5 wii version will have downloadable content,6 cuz rock band sucksheatmaster22
1) 'Better drums': you probably mean: the extra symbol pad? quieter? rebound? 2) I haven't seen a track list of either yet. RB has 200ish so far and more DLC every week... I know the RB Wii doesn't have it now, but the TC told us to assume you got the whole deal in RB2. 3) Didn't RB2's preview on IGN mention everything in RB2 would be a master track? if so no difference there. 4) I assume you mean the 'create your own song' mode. Other than that I don't know of any other features that RB (not Wii) doesn't already have... 5) TC told us to assume RB2 is the whole deal for the Wii. 6) Brand recognition means something why? You almost made a good post, maybe short on the details... then you screwed up with #6 being a blantant 'whatever'. I still think though, unless RB2 comes to the Wii in its pure PS3/X360 edition, GH:WT is the way to go for Wii owners.