What was your scariest moment in Resident Evil 4?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RESISTEE926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 RESISTEE926
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts
Slowly opening a door you enter a room, pistol drawn, checking for any sign of a threat. Nothing. you walk into the room. The pit-pat of your feet on the stone floor is the only sound. The silence chills the bone... Suddenly you are aware of a ragged strangled breathing. You freeze, draw your weapon and wait. Its growing closer. Then you see it. Emerging around the corner, its mottled gray skin glinting in the flickering light of the hall, comes your worst fear. A regenerator.

It lumbers toward you, its convulsing head quivering with its blank eyes lolling in their sockets. adrenalin pumping, you emptying a load of shotgun slugs into its chest, head and limbs, it falls to the ground motionless with arms and legs gone. A bleeding torso and head laying on a ground in a pool of its own blood and organs. You wait. It doesn't move so it must be dead. You inch past it, giving it a wide berth, hugging the wall to move around it. Suddenly it flops madly on the ground, alive, with a will to end your life. Before you can react It leaps into the air at you latching onto you neck sinking its fangs into your exposed jugular vein, ripping out your throat. You and your friend yell and jump to your feet in surprise looking at the TV with astonished unbelief, the wii controller dropping to to the floor. Back to the checkpoint again.

Enter resident evil 4.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

You enter a prison...

You open the dumpster to see a bag, it must be someone's trash. As you turn to walk away suddenly it jumps. Flopping around like a fish out of water. Quickly you aim and shoot, one last breath and it's dead. But it isn't the end...

You grab the yellow herb, and shotgun shells from the cabinet and off the chair. You look through the hallway.... Four prison cells the front two are closed you can't see if the other two are open or closed. You slowly walk through, past the first two cells. Now you hear a heavy breathing, somewhere close by. You keep walking, it gets louder. You look in the open cell.... It's a regenerator waiting for you. You shoot at it with your pistol, seems like it has no effect. You get out your shot gun and unleash your whole arsenal of shells on it. It's still alive, suddenly it's arms stretch out at you and suck you in. You try to use your green and yellow herb mixture but it's too late... The beast has already bitten a chunk out of your neck and you lie on the ground bleeding to death...

How'd I do?!

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

When you walk to the dock near a huge lake, you see a few fishes swimming, you take out your gun - shooting a couple of them dead and the instantly before you could even react, a huge lake monster comes out of the water and eats you. Not really scary, but I think it surprised anyone who didn't know that was coming to them.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

You walk through the quiet forest, with the evening drawing near. The crows are fluttering around, and the leaves ruffle between your feet. You have no idea where you are, or what lies ahead of you. You hear something, turn to your left, AND SEE A BLOODTHIRSTY DOG STUCK IN A BEARTRAP!!!

You and you friends scream bloody-murder as you unload your entire clip into the dog!!!1 After you see the dog's dead, limp body, you drop the controller and you and your friends run out of the room, scared ****less!

Enter RE4..

IcE-Fu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IcE-Fu-
Member since 2005 • 3590 Posts
any part where it turns dead silent when you enter a building..
SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts

You walk unexpectedly into the kitchen of a prison complex, just waiting for another one of those plagued freaks to charge at you with one of those painful stun guns. You're about midway on health and you only have a single green herb, hoping to ration on more health equipment to last you a while longer. You take a few steps, with the expectancy of some peace in the dark and silent kitchen, also with the thought that there might be treasure or ammution.

Suddenly, you hear a loud crash! All the sudden, you stare down a person on fire, just running at you as the only thing you can do is fire at it or attempt to back up away from it, finding out you can't run backwards fast enough to avoid this fiery thing. It clutches you, shreaking in pain with its melting flesh right in front of your face. The smell is horrible enough. You throw it off, avoiding the risk of catching on fire yourself. You stand there, looking down at this abomination, then to the oven that it was stuck in, feeling a shiver going down your spine just imagining how much pain the person must have been in.

The moment stays in your head, unable to forget that startling and horrific moment.

Seriously, no matter how many times I expect that guy to come running out of that oven, I always get startled by the moment. :P

Avatar image for Symphonia_Zelos
Symphonia_Zelos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Symphonia_Zelos
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

you start the game......

you end the game......

thats right

the whole dang game scared me!

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

You walk unexpectedly into the kitchen of a prison complex, just waiting for another one of those plagued freaks to charge at you with one of those painful stun guns. You're about midway on health and you only have a single green herb, hoping to ration on more health equipment to last you a while longer. You take a few steps, with the expectancy of some peace in the dark and silent kitchen, also with the thought that there might be treasure or ammution.

Suddenly, you hear a loud crash! All the sudden, you stare down a person on fire, just running at you as the only thing you can do is fire at it or attempt to back up away from it, finding out you can't run backwards fast enough to avoid this fiery thing. It clutches you, shreaking in pain with its melting flesh right in front of your face. The smell is horrible enough. You throw it off, avoiding the risk of catching on fire yourself. You stand there, looking down at this abomination, then to the oven that it was stuck in, feeling a shiver going down your spine just imagining how much pain the person must have been in.

The moment stays in your head, unable to forget that startling and horrific moment.

Seriously, no matter how many times I expect that guy to come running out of that oven, I always get startled by the moment. :P

SomeOddGuy
ditto my friend... DITTO. That part is the only part that made me jump a bit, grip my controller harder, and pause after the whole thing was over. :P The entire castle gave me chills and made me paranoid because you'd always hear whispering, but there is NO ONE around you. Geeze, "coohello...coohello...coohello..." STFU please, I changed my pants twice already. :P ...the maze with the dogs also makes me antsy even when I play through with my Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcer. :cry:
Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
You're standing at a distance, slowly drawing out each of the ganados from their hiding spots one by one and then executing them safely. When all of a sudden something hits you from behind, taking out nearly a quarter of your life. You turn around to see five more villagers staring back at you. You try to take them out, but you're out of shotgun shells. You die that day...
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Any parts with Regenerators. Especially the ones with spikes; I think those are called Iron Maidens. >_> Yeah, almost crapped myself.

Rest of the game wasn't very frightening, though.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

anyone who has played this knows exactly what I'm talking about without me even needing to describe it but for the undereducated.

FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY !

Seriously I nearly crapped myself

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#12 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
[QUOTE="SomeOddGuy"]

ZumaJones07

ditto my friend... DITTO. That part is the only part that made me jump a bit, grip my controller harder, and pause after the whole thing was over. :P The entire castle gave me chills and made me paranoid because you'd always hear whispering, but there is NO ONE around you. Geeze, "coohello...coohello...coohello..." STFU please, I changed my pants twice already. :P ...the maze with the dogs also makes me antsy even when I play through with my Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcer. :cry:

same here, the guy in the oven scared me the most, but there are a hand-full of parts that scare me, even if i know they are coming.

SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"][QUOTE="SomeOddGuy"]

TheAcejoel99

same here, the guy in the oven scared me the most, but there are a hand-full of parts that scare me, even if i know they are coming.

I just chose that because it was personally the only thing that actually made me jump in the game. I don't find the Regenorator as scary anymore after getting the infra-red scope for the rifle, but Dr. Salvadore will always be in my nightmares... The only thing that makes me feel safe from him is the Chicago Typewriter....

PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

Imaigne you are playing mercanaries, or you thought you were, onyl now its not a game anymore, at least not in your head, its 3 o clcok in the morning and your souround sound is turned up to max. You are leon scott kenedy. Every time he gets hurt you feel the pain, you can feel your heart pumping faster as you run to the shed and knock down the ladder leading up to you. you slowly wait for the helicopter to save you, but your ammo is running low.....eventually you run out. the zimbies keep piling in the room, and you keep kocking down the ladder, you think you will be safe, but boy are you wrong. A zombie makes a jump for it, hangs from the floor and slowly pulls himself up.

This actaully happened to me, I really forgot I was playing a game at this point. How in the hell did he do that? I really did not think the AI was that sophisticated, I was creeped out for A long time, and I have never been able to duplicate the situation :p

Delta_ZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Delta_ZX
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

You run through the tunnel, the beeping of the tracer you put on Ashley getting ever closer... and closer... and closer. You stop and look down at the little blinking transmitter. They found the transmitter... and suddenly, the ground begins to shake. The wall explodes open and you are knocked over the edge of the chasm but land in the cage suspended above. You look at what hit you and you see a revolting creature that resembles something that was once human with a seperated jaw, a tentacle, and a massive body. It begins to move towards you with startling speed and agility. It grabs you by the foot with it's tentacle, pulling you ever closer. You manage to escape it deadly grip and fire three shots between it's eyes. It lurches back and then jumps to the ceiling, dissappearing from sight. Suddenly a tentacle grabs you by the neck and pulls you up. (You drop the controller after being jostled by your squirming girlfriend. You pick it up hastily, but it's too late.) *Crunch* You lifeless body falls to the floor with it's flopping neck.

"YOU ARE DEAD"

'Effing U3/IT, gives me the creeps.

but yes Regeneradors (yes it is spelt with a "d." It's cause of the whole Spanish thing[Garrador, Nevistador, Dr. Salvador]) and Iron Maidens also scare the bajeeses out of me, still do.

meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

you start the game......

you end the game......

thats right

the whole dang game scared me!

Symphonia_Zelos

Yeah, this game terrified me the whole way through. When you first go into the village and realize just how dangerous and razy the enemies are, I was extremely scared. Other highlights were the regenerators (I never bought the rifle or got the heatscope, so they were extra bad news) and the blind Wolverine-type things with the bells.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

In the prison-like area with invisible huge insects (Novistadors) and the time there's a bunch in the big cave. I hate them (well I hate insects).

The first time you see a regenerator (also in a prison-like area, isn't it?).

The dude on fire really did surprise me. Well it freaked me out, first time around.

f8101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 f8101
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts

anyone who has played this knows exactly what I'm talking about without me even needing to describe it but for the undereducated.

FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY FIRE GUY !

the man on fire!!! made me jump

snowman6251
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

In the prison-like area with invisible huge insects (Novistadors) and the time there's a bunch in the big cave. I hate them (well I hate insects).

The first time you see a regenerator (also in a prison-like area, isn't it?).

The dude on fire really did surprise me. Well it freaked me out, first time around.

BaraChat
It's in the room where you get the freezer key or something. It's on the table and you go in a room and come back and it's waiting for you. It's like a lab area. But if you mean the whole building it's kinda like a prison but not really.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
[QUOTE="snowman6251"]

the man on fire!!! made me jump

f8101

Seriously I found that part Halarious. Anyway, The scariest moment, was when I shot the legs off the regenerator, and he unsuspectingly leaped at me and bit my neck.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
The oven man!
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
when I heard from capcom that the wii edition wont come with new content *shudder*
Potat4o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Potat4o
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

snowman6251
That's what I was going to say! lol That was scray.
_full_metal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _full_metal_
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts
after when you beat all those ganados with luis you have to go either rite or left. i thinik i went right wer you fight all those ganados. at the end of that part when those three women with bandages over their head with chainsaws ..........scariest thingg ever as soon as they show them they are right next to you. that part is keeping me from playing it again
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34805 Posts
Regenerators... why do they breathe like that?!
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34805 Posts

when I heard from capcom that the wii edition wont come with new content *shudder*Arclight_Blue

Say what? The Wii version doesn't have the PS2 stuff?

metaknight36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 metaknight36
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts
i played this game when i was 11 and i wasntscared of anything. the only thing that freaked me out was in mercanaries the chainsaw guys you are dealing with 50 enimies already and now this guy
metalslug10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 metalslug10
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
when you play with ashley....
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
well it was all damn scary from the start to the end but now you made me wanna play it so im going on it see ya lol.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
Wasn't there one in a prison cell? Like you described earlier?
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
every time u walk around and then turn around and there are a hundred ppl just standing there with pitch forks and all there crap like that..... if u guys want a truly even more freaky game pick up FEAR the best FPS and the scariest game i have ever played
DarkLink_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DarkLink_7
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
the scariest part of RE4 well thats easy the oven man, woah you cant realize that a man is in a oven the first time you play :S
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

Well after reading this post ive started to play it again to get the chicago gun i finally got it. But on the way to finishing the game i was in that prison bit and that was damn scary. Hearing that regenerator breathing and i didn't know which room he was in, I also didnt have the scope where you can see them parasites i was cakking it!!. So i shoot him a few times with the red9 and run out of ammo he kills me instantly LoL. next time around i grenaded his ass. Oh and before this that thing in that trunk made me jump like heck!. Amazing game i hope they bring out another resident evil for the wii exclusive one please.

tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

i believe your on the island, you walk through a door and see a refrigerator, nothing special here, then *boom* a giant flaming dude runs at you! i must have wasted an entire clip within that split second he dashes for you

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Finding a Regenerator right around the corner after escaping the first one.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rcignoni

You run through the tunnel, the beeping of the tracer you put on Ashley getting ever closer... and closer... and closer. You stop and look down at the little blinking transmitter. They found the transmitter... and suddenly, the ground begins to shake. The wall explodes open and you are knocked over the edge of the chasm but land in the cage suspended above. You look at what hit you and you see a revolting creature that resembles something that was once human with a seperated jaw, a tentacle, and a massive body. It begins to move towards you with startling speed and agility. It grabs you by the foot with it's tentacle, pulling you ever closer. You manage to escape it deadly grip and fire three shots between it's eyes. It lurches back and then jumps to the ceiling, dissappearing from sight. Suddenly a tentacle grabs you by the neck and pulls you up. (You drop the controller after being jostled by your squirming girlfriend. You pick it up hastily, but it's too late.) *Crunch* You lifeless body falls to the floor with it's flopping neck.

"YOU ARE DEAD"

'Effing U3/IT, gives me the creeps.

but yes Regeneradors (yes it is spelt with a "d." It's cause of the whole Spanish thing[Garrador, Nevistador, Dr. Salvador]) and Iron Maidens also scare the bajeeses out of me, still do.

Delta_ZX
The only thing I noticed in that post was your broken Spanish vocabulary.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rcignoni

[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"]when I heard from capcom that the wii edition wont come with new content *shudder*Litchie

It does.
spydersvenom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 spydersvenom7
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

The first boss battle if you get launched from the boat. That scared the hell out of me until I jumped back into the boat.

When the giant first comes out or the multiple zombies breaking into the house were pretty good too. Also if you dare get close enough to the guy with the chainsaw and sack on his head.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"]when I heard from capcom that the wii edition wont come with new content *shudder*Litchie

what I meant was content that was specifically made for the wii version

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Regenerators. Otherwise, the game wasnt as scary as i remember the older ones being.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

You walk through the quiet forest, with the evening drawing near. The crows are fluttering around, and the leaves ruffle between your feet. You have no idea where you are, or what lies ahead of you. You hear something, turn to your left, AND SEE A BLOODTHIRSTY DOG STUCK IN A BEARTRAP!!!

You and you friends scream bloody-murder as you unload your entire clip into the dog!!!1 After you see the dog's dead, limp body, you drop the controller and you and your friends run out of the room, scared ****less!

Enter RE4..

helium_flash

lol

there was a little shack and i had no idea there was some in there and out of know where the dude stabbed me in the neck. this was in the 1st mission.

and the regenerators scared the crap outta me

Avatar image for DynamicJumpIuff
DynamicJumpIuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DynamicJumpIuff
Member since 2007 • 3025 Posts
To tell you the truth, this game really isn't scary, however, iy does have some moments that keep your blood pumping, like the first Regenerator battle.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

The first time you encounter the parasites
The first time you are ambushed by dogs and the ones in the hedge maze
The bugs in the sewers
The first Garrador and the 2 Garradors
All Regenerators
Salazars left hand
Playing as Ashley

But all of you can't deny that the scariest thing in the game was the Merachant flashing you!

chelosera91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chelosera91
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts

the regenerator in the cell scared me

f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts

SomeOddGuy

haha yeah, when that happened to me i shut the game off I got so scared. which sorta sucked.

daviniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 daviniel
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts

When you walk to the dock near a huge lake, you see a few fishes swimming, you take out your gun - shooting a couple of them dead and the instantly before you could even react, a huge lake monster comes out of the water and eats you. Not really scary, but I think it surprised anyone who didn't know that was coming to them.

WR_Platinum

LOL! I crapped my pants when that happenned to me.

cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Ah, I don't have RE4 for the Wii, but I do for GC. I'm gonna go re-beat it now! In the dark....

Bum Bum Buuuuum....

gronk-bonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 gronk-bonk
Member since 2008 • 1951 Posts

When You first see Ashley's face, i literally wet my pants

lbcjrballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lbcjrballa
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
well i didnt think da game was scary at all compared 2 resident evil games from da past but yea da regenarators were a lil creepy or frustrating slvadors left hand was 2 n wat is dis i keep reading bout an oven guy i dont remember him at all from da game which part does he come out in
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Scariest moment in RE4 was when my Batteries went dead in my Wii-mot. the game does not pause though when batteries are dead. I'm running to find some batteries while the Espanyols are saying on the TV "I go to SpecSavers" which freaks me out. Overall i found some batteries in time but sadly died due to putting batteries in the wrong way round.

PS: Theres no such thing as a scary moment in RE4.