What is the best game similar to Mario Kart???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kathato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kathato
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know any similar games to Mario Kart for Wii??? Does Nintendo plan to release a next version of Mario Kart for Wii? Thanks, Kathy
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#2 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am guessing it is Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, but it doesn't compare to Mario Kart. It has nice visuals, but the tracks are a little bit too bland in their design and the frame rate is bad. I still had some fun with it, though.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
[QUOTE="kathato"]Does anyone know any similar games to Mario Kart for Wii??? Does Nintendo plan to release a next version of Mario Kart for Wii? Thanks, Kathy

The sonic kart racing game would be one, Excitebots is KIND OF similar, bunt that's a stretch. Nintendo won't release another Mario kart on wii, the next one will be on Wii U
kathato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kathato
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply.
LOSTLEAD8R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#5 LOSTLEAD8R
Member since 2009 • 473 Posts

Crash Team Racing hands down. If you want a runner up modnation racers does it well, but I found it far to difficult with its control scheme, or rather annoying

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
There's a game that no one knows and it rocks: Penny Racers Party: Turbo Q Speedway.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Remember you may have Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart on the Wii's Virtual Console too. And if, if you want to, you may even get Mario Kart Double Dash for the Game Cube, although you'll need a GC memory card and GC controllers (the controllers will be needed for the VC games too, or Clas sic Controllers) I loved all of them but is up to you if you want to try some of those vintage games :) Regards
videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

I am guessing it is Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, but it doesn't compare to Mario Kart. It has nice visuals, but the tracks are a little bit too bland in their design and the frame rate is bad. I still had some fun with it, though.

Pierst179
I actually found that sonic and sega all stars racing was in some ways better than mariokart, though not quite as good I didn't find the tracks in this game bland at all.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#9 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
Does anyone know any similar games to Mario Kart for Wii??? Does Nintendo plan to release a next version of Mario Kart for Wii? Thanks, Kathykathato
I thought the Sonic Racing game was more fun than Mariokart - it's about twice as fast, it doesn't have such ludicrous catch-up mechanics (no Blue Shell, only special moves that are fairly mild) and the time trialing is just as good.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
Crash Bandikoot Racing
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
yea, they are other mario kart games that you can get on the virtual console. no other game series compares in its genre.