What if the next legend of zelda was set in the future (or modern)??

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 cafccc
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts

Just an idea, i read on zeldas wikia that the next wii zelda was going to be different (shingera miyomoto interview) so i was thinking what if they set it in the future or made it modern (maybe add voice acting) it's a weird idea, but i'd actually like to see a modern spin on zelda (i dont mean lightsabers, i would still want him to ahve a sword and sheild). weird idea but what do you guys think?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts
most likely they will make a game like TP in art I just hope they add more lements than dungeon going. Just not modern its not good for Zelda.
djburnzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 djburnzy1
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts
Id have to agree with cyber. I guess it would be kind of hard to build a story line with link set in the future or modern and still have him using his default sword and sheild. It would have to be still built around the idea of dungeouns though.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyber-

Its just corny to make it modern. Zelda is set in that time. There are franchises that do that modern style.

Zelda just needs to be changed up a bit. We dont need to start off with zero weapons every time.

I think in alot of way they should derive elemnts from MM. You start off a little more seasoned than usual, though you dont have to be the same Link as in TP(like MM was the same Link as in OoT). Meaning it can be another generation of Link but he is already realized hes got something special going for him. Also a big bummer in TP was the fact that Link had a ton of cool items but not enough execution and utilization of those items. Everything you own should be in constant movement. I know I keep mentioning Majora but how badass would it be to fight the reincarnation of Marjora? We fought him through his mask now we fight his true essence. Maybe not a huge emphasis on masks but have some cool ones in there.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
I also agree with you, Cyber.
cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cafccc

Its just corny to make it modern. Zelda is set in that time. There are franchises that do that modern style.

Zelda just needs to be changed up a bit. We dont need to start off with zero weapons every time.

I think in alot of way they should derive elemnts from MM. You start off a little more seasoned than usual, though you dont have to be the same Link as in TP(like MM was the same Link as in OoT). Meaning it can be another generation of Link but he is already realized hes got something special going for him. Also a big bummer in TP was the fact that Link had a ton of cool items but not enough execution and utilization of those items. Everything you own should be in constant movement. I know I keep mentioning Majora but how badass would it be to fight the reincarnation of Marjora? We fought him through his mask now we fight his true essence. Maybe not a huge emphasis on masks but have some cool ones in there.

Cyber-

Love the Majora reincarnation idea, but how about Ganondorf gets control of Majoras mask, or zant even (but yeh their dead (although Ganondorf probally isnt)) or maybe someone else could get taken by Majora, what about Link getting Majora on him and that Colin kid (grown up) having to stop Link, that would make for a very different zelda storyline indeed. The idea Link knows he's got something special going for him, it sounds alright, but what would be left in line for a coming of age story if taht was the case, one of the key elements of zelda is thata s Link discovers the world and his purpose, so do you if you know what i mean. and yeh they got to bring back the Masks and Majora(lets face it his motives were never really revealed) what do you think of the voice acting idea by the way? a bit too different??

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

cafccc

Love the Majora reincarnation idea, but how about Ganondorf gets control of Majoras mask, or zant even (but yeh their dead (although Ganondorf probally isnt)) or maybe someone else could get taken by Majora, what about Link getting Majora on him and that Colin kid (grown up) having to stop Link, that would make for a very different zelda storyline indeed. The idea Link knows he's got something special going for him, it sounds alright, but what would be left in line for a coming of age story if taht was the case, one of the key elements of zelda is thata s Link discovers the world and his purpose, so do you if you know what i mean. and yeh they got to bring back the Masks and Majora(lets face it his motives were never really revealed) what do you think of the voice acting idea by the way? a bit too different??

Yes Majora is basically an unknown character and needs to be shown. I would want Major (the real essence of him) to have almost a horror element to him. Where basically he scares the crap out of you or has that attitude. Ganondorf does not need to be the bad guy in every story, nor does Zelda need saving every time. Good ol Ganon could somehow be included whether thats Majora using his blood to awaken the triforce piece of power or he is keeping a watchful eye only intervening when he has to. But seriously Majora needs to be the focus and if that means making Ganon sit out this time so be it.

Ya I just suggested that idea because, like having Samus start off with her core weapons, I thought it would help up the pace a little for Zelda cause it worked great with MP3. If link needs to grow into it thats still cool too.

The masks need to be there but they cant be as big of a part as it was in MM. Just some cool mask that really have either an important function or a really fun thing. Theres no need for useless masks which was the case sometimes in MM.

Voice acting is a MUST HAVE. Seriously if I had my way Link would talk as much as Master chief does. But if they wanna be stubborn everyone else including zelda and Ganon should talk. MP3 had voice acting and cutscenes Zelda needs it more than MP3.

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

the next game must be based during WorldWar2

and be in the the first person to make better use of the wiimote

AAwiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 AAwiidog
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

cafccc

thats a sweet idea cafccc
cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cafccc
[QUOTE="cafccc"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

AAwiidog

thats a sweet idea cafccc

merci monsiuer (french for thankyou mister...i think?)

cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cafccc

Cyber-

Yes Majora is basically an unknown character and needs to be shown. I would want Major (the real essence of him) to have almost a horror element to him. Where basically he scares the crap out of you or has that attitude. Ganondorf does not need to be the bad guy in every story, nor does Zelda need saving every time. Good ol Ganon could somehow be included whether thats Majora using his blood to awaken the triforce piece of power or he is keeping a watchful eye only intervening when he has to. But seriously Majora needs to be the focus and if that means making Ganon sit out this time so be it.

Ya I just suggested that idea because, like having Samus start off with her core weapons, I thought it would help up the pace a little for Zelda cause it worked great with MP3. If link needs to grow into it thats still cool too.

The masks need to be there but they cant be as big of a part as it was in MM. Just some cool mask that really have either an important function or a really fun thing. Theres no need for useless masks which was the case sometimes in MM.

Voice acting is a MUST HAVE. Seriously if I had my way Link would talk as much as Master chief does. But if they wanna be stubborn everyone else including zelda and Ganon should talk. MP3 had voice acting and cutscenes Zelda needs it more than MP3.

About Majoras Mask, if i recall the Fierce Diety was surposed to be a whole bunch more evilier then he was (i think Majora said so) so maybe Fierce Diety could play a good part in the storyline. And as for the voice acting, one big point about taht is that Link's name cannot be said, because if it is then the player will lose the ability to name Link(thats why Tidus was never named by any one in FFX), unless they don't give the player that choice. On a note on the voice acting, accents, European or American with the princess trying to sound all posh and stuff, i think European, Americans wernt around in the middle ages (except natives), so id stick with European accents over American ones.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Zelda belongs in the past. and voice acting?...no just no
Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
To be honest I just really want the next Zelda to be radically different. Whether it's Link thrown 1000 years into the future, or Link finding himself battered and bruised (with half his weapons and items still intact) on a deserted Hyrule. We've all had our taste of classic Zelda goodness (TP) and now I think it's high-time we got something unique.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

On a note on the voice acting, accents, European or American with the princess trying to sound all posh and stuff, i think European, Americans wernt around in the middle ages (except natives), so id stick with European accents over American ones.cafccc

Its a make believe fantasy world, the characters can speak any language and have any accent. And what makes you think Zelda games take place in the middle ages? Maybe they take place in the distant future, or maybe they take place before the dinosaurs, or maybe they don't even take place on earth.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

[QUOTE="cafccc"] On a note on the voice acting, accents, European or American with the princess trying to sound all posh and stuff, i think European, Americans wernt around in the middle ages (except natives), so id stick with European accents over American ones.BubbyJello

Its a make believe fantasy world, the characters can speak any language and have any accent. And what makes you think Zelda games take place in the middle ages? Maybe they take place in the distant future, or maybe they take place before the dinosaurs, or maybe they don't even take place on earth.

The available technology suggests that most Zelda games are set in medieval times. I mean come on everybody knows that spring-loaded hookshots were all the rage back in the middle ages

roll450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 roll450
Member since 2006 • 4113 Posts
That would ruin the whole fact that Zelda is in the medevial ages.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
I dont want the setting to change, i dont want it modernised. I just want the formula shaken up a bit. Have major pieces of the story happen outside of dungeons. Have bosses that require the use of multiple weapons, and take more then 3 hits, not just the dungeon specifc.

I would love to have ganandorf as the main baddy, but you interact with him more. Like one where you start in the first temple, but ganan inhabits it already and has corrupted it. Ten you face off and make him flee. Keep going like that except you slowly catch up to him as you progress. So in the last dungeon, your neck and neck racing for ... something.... the door to the sacred realm maybe. And you constantly having to square off and race. Have some tension and excitment thrown in. Thats what i would like
ShadowLink427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShadowLink427
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Cyber-

I love the idea that there should be a new Zelda that returns to Termina and features a reincarnated Majora as the principal villain. One twist that I have thought for a while might be cool is that if you did return to Termina to deal with that pesky Majora again, perhaps Termina's rendition of Ganondorf could exist in this game, but not be a villain (at least, from the start...). After all, the witches of Twinrova were just simple shop-keepers in Termina, why couldn't a mirror-Ganondorf have an equally benign role? I think it would make a great gameplay mechanic for seasoned Zelda players to find out if we can really trust Termina Ganondorf, with the developers ultimately deciding if he plays a role for good, evil, or is just there for the suspense. In the end, though, Majora needs to be the final focus.

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
It would be wierd.
daviniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 daviniel
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
Making a modern zelda wuould be awesome. And knowing Nintendo, they wouldnt screw it up. Everybody knows that.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cyber-
I would much rather have voice acting than being able to choose my name. besides i always pick link as the name anyway.
idofriar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 idofriar1313
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

the website wii.tv did this as an april fools joke in 2007. quit stealing ideas, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvdT2C#1oc

idofriar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 idofriar1313

the website wii.tv did this as an april fools joke in 2007. quit stealing ideas, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvdT2C1oc

idofriar1313

my bad. real link

idofriar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 idofriar1313
[QUOTE="idofriar1313"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvdT2C3oc

o my god im stupid. the real real link

idofriar1313

my bad. real link

Eygii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eygii
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

Zelda will always be in an epic time. According to the storyline, in Hyrule have passed hundreds of years after OoT in TWW and even tough it was neither a modern or a high-tech era, that was Hyrule's future. what i try to say is that if TLoZ is going to be different, the change made to it will be far from a time related matter (there is always a dramatic time change in every game, except for MM of course)

The best change i could think of could be having all 3 pieces of the triforce (meaning Link, Zelda and lets say Ganondorf) fighting a greater evil or some sh#t like that. Voice acting must be a must have except for Link's one, there is always somebody talking for him, so i don't care.

So about the main topic: every Zelda has a modern (hyrule) time, and we can see the future of one title in another so the change the are doing has to be something different.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="cafccc"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

I think in alot of way they should derive elements from MM. You start off a little more seasoned than usual, though you dont have to be the same Link as in TP(like MM was the same Link as in OoT). Meaning it can be another generation of Link but he is already realized hes got something special going for him. Also a big bummer in TP was the fact that Link had a ton of cool items but not enough execution and utilization of those items. Everything you own should be in constant movement. I know I keep mentioning Majora but how badass would it be to fight the reincarnation of Marjora? We fought him through his mask now we fight his true essence. Maybe not a huge emphasis on masks but have some cool ones in there.

ShadowLink427

I love the idea that there should be a new Zelda that returns to Termina and features a reincarnated Majora as the principal villain. One twist that I have thought for a while might be cool is that if you did return to Termina to deal with that pesky Majora again, perhaps Termina's rendition of Ganondorf could exist in this game, but not be a villain (at least, from the start...). After all, the witches of Twinrova were just simple shop-keepers in Termina, why couldn't a mirror-Ganondorf have an equally benign role? I think it would make a great gameplay mechanic for seasoned Zelda players to find out if we can really trust Termina Ganondorf, with the developers ultimately deciding if he plays a role for good, evil, or is just there for the suspense. In the end, though, Majora needs to be the final focus.

First no modern setting I enjoy the medieval setting. Second Twinrova in OoT and the potion hags from MM are not the same characters, they used the same character models, but they aren't the same characters. Third what if they also focused more on the master sword, you could get it early in the game and it needs to be recharged like in WW, and each time you recharge it (it would take allot longer to recharge in this idea) you got either a new skill (kinda like the hidden skills) or a new special ability, like freezing time for a split second, freezing enemies in time, or shooting out a shock wave that could throw large groups of enemies (kinda like the force push from Star Wars), or even alternate between the two. And on a side note, who else thinks they should make the hidden skills that we found in TP standard, so we can learn new ones and not have to relearn the old ones. Assuming that the next game utilises a combat system still somewhat similar to the one from TP, they said the next Zelda game would be drastically different and we don't know what their planning on changing.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#27 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I think that's a really bad idea. I would like to see a sequel for The Wind Waker, but with some new elements besides traveling from a dungeon to another, but I know that's not going to happen.
Quiksilver0519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Quiksilver0519
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Lol a modern Zelda would be awesome! "You have found the Hero's M4A1!"

But in all seriousness, I doubt I would really play it, because I seriously can't picture Zelda being modern or futuristic.

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

I would much rather have voice acting than being able to choose my name. besides i always pick link as the name anyway. Cyber-

I dont think that would be much of an issue. So many games have shown that you can have voice acting that addresses the main character without actually using a name.

Addressing the topic, Zelda is perfectly suited for the time period its in, a change like that would completely alter the game into something else entirely not Zelda.

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fugwit

Addressing the topic, Zelda is perfectly suited for the time period its in, a change like that would completely alter the game into something else entirely not Zelda.

enduin

Wind waker disagrees

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 enduin
[QUOTE="enduin"]

fugwit

Wind waker disagrees

Yes cause society is so much more advanced than previous Zelda games. Sure the overworld is quite different what with all that water, but the actual state of society within the context of real human history its basically the exact same as all previous titles within the series.

bbtcbbtc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bbtcbbtc
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
it wouldn't exactly be a zelda game than. if it was set in the future, than it would ruin zelda
fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fugwit
They had pirates in the same vein as the pirate stereotype in medieval times?
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

All this Majora's Mask talk makes me want to play that game all over again.

Back on topic. I do like to hear all these different ideas about embarcing Majora again for a future game. The one big thing I wouldn't mind changing is the villian. As much as I like Ganondorf since he is THE villian of Zelda much like Dr. Wily to Mega Man, I do belive a different villian would do something different to the series. While a different time period would be interesting and all, I think a different villian would be better. Hell you really didn't need Ganondorf in TP. They could have just as easily given the main baddie role to Zant and it still would have been fine.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cyber-

[QUOTE="Cyber-"]I would much rather have voice acting than being able to choose my name. besides i always pick link as the name anyway. enduin

I dont think that would be much of an issue. So many games have shown that you can have voice acting that addresses the main character without actually using a name.

Even so it shouldnt even be an issue. If thats the reason they have not had voice im gonna pull my hair out. its an idiotic excuse. Furthermore, as you mentioned there are easy ways around it.

Its like saying we should not have voice chat for online, people who dont want it can turn it off and people want it, keep it on. I hate it when people, esp foolish Zelda fans say we should not have ovice acting because of"teh first games did not have it and teh nostalgia." SOmetimes i think the biggest hindrance to near perfect Nintendo series are its fans. They more often than not want everything the same every game and if it were not for constant ram rodding thats what we would have. Its like saying the Metroid Prime series sucked because it was not a side scroller. Man is it annoying.

muffinduck01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 muffinduck01
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

hmm zelda in the future... can you say "samuri jack rip off"

no but seriosly i read in the zelda wikipedia article with an interveiw with the producer of TP and he said that ocarina was a split in thime line with Windwaker takeing place in a timeline where after link comes back as a kd in OOT he tells zelda who tells the king and ganondorf is tried and thrown in jail and escapes some years later where as TP is set in the adult link timeline wheres he is just banished to the evil relme and is attempted to be killed by the saes and escapes you know...

and in both time lines ganondorf is killed permently (turned to stone and left standing in a empty feild to rot) so if not the majora reincarnation and the 4 swords games all take place BEFORE the original then we need a new bad guy

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 enduin
[QUOTE="enduin"]

[QUOTE="Cyber-"]I would much rather have voice acting than being able to choose my name. besides i always pick link as the name anyway. Cyber-

Even so it shouldnt even be an issue. If thats the reason they have not had voice im gonna pull my hair out. its an idiotic excuse. Furthermore, as you mentioned there are easy ways around it.

Yeah I can kind of see why they didnt do it with TP, with possible space limits and what not and general apprehention about how fans would recieve it. But now its quite clear that basically everyone wants some amount of voice acting and they need to go the MP3 route. Keep Link quite but have everyone else talk, it really adds a lot of atmosphere.

They especially need to use voice acting if they continue in their attempts to infuse a stronger narrative and deeper plots into the series. Every Zelda so far has been rather sparse when it came to their story and it was very rare we ever got a lot of dialogue, heck getting a new item provided more txt than your average conversation, but if, and I really hope they do continue improving the story telling in the series, they need to have at the least plot centered convos to be voice acted.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cyber-

hmm zelda in the future... can you say "samuri jack rip off"

no but seriosly i read in the zelda wikipedia article with an interveiw with the producer of TP and he said that ocarina was a split in thime line with Windwaker takeing place in a timeline where after link comes back as a kd in OOT he tells zelda who tells the king and ganondorf is tried and thrown in jail and escapes some years later where as TP is set in the adult link timeline wheres he is just banished to the evil relme and is attempted to be killed by the saes and escapes you know...

and in both time lines ganondorf is killed permently (turned to stone and left standing in a empty feild to rot) so if not the majora reincarnation and the 4 swords games all take place BEFORE the original then we need a new bad guy

muffinduck01

Aside from justifying that we need a new villain by using the conflicting Zelda timeline, we need a new villain just because it would do wonders for the story. Ganon is a powerful overbearing agressive villain while Majora could totally be more illusive and as I said it would be awsome if they almost made it freak you out whenever you encountered him like a horror game (just when you face him not throughout the whole game).

iluMarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iluMarth
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

futuristic zelda would be sick~ dont get me wrong im not saying link flies a galactic epona or something, just that link getting stuck in this dead, skyscraper filled city fighting zombies n that could.. work.. haha im not sure bout his attire though. cant change his uniform! :P

im just sick of link being stuck in hyrule all the time, i mean.. every single game. so this time, if they must, still use hyrule but make it buried under a new hyrule where ganondorf actually got control and your some slave (who turns out to be link) working for him n ur memories gone

i know my ideas pretty lame but hey its an idea :P
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 enduin

Aside from justifying that we need a new villain by using the conflicting Zelda timeline, we need a new villain just because it would do wonders for the story. Ganon is a powerful overbearing agressive villain while Majora could totally be more illusive and as I said it would be awsome if they almost made it freak you out whenever you encountered him like a horror game (just when you face him not throughout the whole game).

Cyber-

I dont know I think a darker and horror esc Zelda game could work out. Not like horror 100% of the time but like the focuse of the game was about Link dealing with a world gone mad and you were out to correct it slowly overturning the madness and bringing the world back to sanity. It could be caused by a powerful, dark force like Majora who was making the inhabitants of the world worst fears and nightmares come alive. I dont think Im alone in the feeling that places like the Forest and Shadow temples and the Well were some of the best parts of OoT cause theyre so creepy and twisted as were all the deranged parts of MM.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
No, that would fail, IMO. But I don't think that Zelda is going to suffer such a dramatic change.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

enduin

I dont know I think a darker and horror esc Zelda game could work out. Not like horror 100% of the time but like the focuse of the game was about Link dealing with a world gone mad and you were out to correct it slowly overturning the madness and bringing the world back to sanity. It could be caused by a powerful, dark force like Majora who was making the inhabitants of the world worst fears and nightmares come alive. I dont think Im alone in the feeling that places like the Forest and Shadow temples and the Well were some of the best parts of OoT cause theyre so creepy and twisted as were all the deranged parts of MM.

You just mentioned that there were creepy parts. As I said its creepy when you were directly faced with Majora. Not the entire game.

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 enduin

You just mentioned that there were creepy parts. As I said its creepy when you were directly faced with Majora. Not the entire game.

Cyber-

Ok I dont think I worded that too well, what I meant was the creepy parts in OoT and MM were great and I would like to see that extended to be the majority of the game, not just a few areas here and there or a few encounters with Majora like you are saying I think, rather have it as the whole premise of the game affecting the entire world and all the NPCs. The entire land is at the start completely distorted and deranged with these nightmares coming alive and you have to restore reality.

As I think about it more, having a villain who can alternate reality could really alleviate, at least for me, the dungeon fatigue I have in the series. Instead of having these remote areas set aside from the rest of the world just for Link to explore and beat the boss, it would be the normal everyday areas that have real purposes within the world that would be twisted and altered, kinda like a bad acid trip. Something that was seemingly harmless like a fountain or a statue was turned into some horrific monster and once the seed of this nightmare was destroyed the area would revert to normal and restore its purpose in the world rather than just being this meaningless dungeon off in the woods or desert.

But maybes thats all too much. Who knows.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Modern zelda = my killing myself due to nintendo's mistake.

And who the **** is Shingera Miyamoto ???????? lol

I hope they add voice acting, that would be awesome, so long as it was done right. Cel shaded would be cool, but if its gonna be voice acted.. i want it to be realistic, you know what i mean ? i think it would be too cartoony if it were to be cel shaded, and have voice acting..

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

Modern zelda = my killing myself due to nintendo's mistake.

And who the **** is Shingera Miyamoto ???????? lol

I hope they add voice acting, that would be awesome, so long as it was done right. Cel shaded would be cool, but if its gonna be voice acted.. i want it to be realistic, you know what i mean ? i think it would be too cartoony if it were to be cel shaded, and have voice acting..

Virus214

modern zelda, no,some people should just stop acting like theyre some kind of genius game developer

as for voice acting, well its okay as long as they dont give link one, but hey the dude doesnt even speak in the first place

cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cafccc
[QUOTE="enduin"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Cyber-

Hmmmm heres an idea, what if they did winkwaker and ocarina link but, with some sort of time paradox thingie where they alternate between times to help each other through dungeons or something, like onimusha 3 how if jacques did something in a temple in the past, samanaske (i cant spell his name) would be able to exploit that change in the future, that would make for some very strange gameplay indeed, Majora should remain the main badguy, maybe Windwaker Link could accidently go to WindWaker Termina and try to stop Majora once again (that happy mask guy having died years ago Majoras Mask must ahve got an new owner), or maybe Windwaker Link will have to face his own morality after accidently putting the mask on and being forced to either destroy Termina for Majora, or be consumed by majora itself. Another idea, how about a TLoZ game where you are set in the time before WindWaker where the world gets destroyed by Ganon and flooded by the Gods

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

Meh. I wouldn't care too much. I don't think that's the way Nintendo's going to take it. I picture hyrule broken and torn into pieces after a vicious war. And i mean literally torn apart. There would be different countries and such. But nintendo probably won''t do that either.

The next zelda is supposed to be different. I'd like to see how nintendo does it. And i imagine it'll be a way nobody's even thought of.f

cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cafccc
Just a thought but what if youcould use the ocarina or something to be able to go to the far future? That might work out and it would justify allot of things taht Link would have ie a sword in the future.
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

If the next step in the franchise is a sequel to WW/PH (because that's what I want), it should take place in the "new land" that Link and Tetra were searching for. I think the "new world" they find should be a giant, single island full of ruins from a former civilization. After exploring the island for a while, Link, Tetra (who has a role like Midna this time around), and the pirates sail off to find more colonists from other unexplored islands.

I think the dungeons should be more "organic" this time around, and blend seamlessly with their environment. In other words, instead of having the Forest Temple, you would have something like Lost Woods, but the size of a dungeon, and with all of the puzzles, etc.. Maybe you could even travel back to the time that the previously mentioned ruined civilization was flourishing, and save them from the disaster that caused them to disappear. Then they could declare Link and Tetra their rulers, and the heroes would finally have a land to call the new Hyrule.

I thought of most of that as I typed it. I'm not really sure how they could really change up the formula, but maybe by making it more open-ended and less linear (in terms of dungeons), like how Mario Galaxy/64 give you several options of what mission to complete next. The NPCs should also be more interactive this time around. Make the towns/cities feel alive and inhabited, similar to Castle Town in TP, but even bigger, and with NPCs you can actually talk to.

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
zelda in the future, oh god please no!