What does Zelda Wii have to do to get a 10?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 0

#1 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

I made a thread like this for SMG2 a few weeks ago and I saw many cool ideas. Now I am doing it for Zelda Wii.

I think with the addition of WiiMotion+ Zelda Wii could quite possibly be the best game of all time. I thought the Wii waggle was great, but 1:1 would just be amazing. Of course I would like to see all of these things listed, but if I had to pick one, it would be 1:1 controls.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Get ported to another system ;)
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Well, considering that Ocarina of Time got a 10 for being the first 3D Zelda, it logically follows that the next Zelda should be in 4D to get another 10. :P

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

There should be an 'All of the Above' option.

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maverick_41

There should be an 'All of the Above' option.

Phoenix534

That's what the "Other" button is for. :)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts
Not fail like Twilight Princess is one thing.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
not listen to any of the fanboys (as awesome as TP was IMO, according to some people it was too much "OoTish" and many sites didnt give it a 10. i personally liked TP alot more than OoT) and come with something epic and refreshing to the series, while keeping the quality and the aspects that makes zelda... zelda.
maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 maverick_41

Not fail like Twilight Princess is one thing.nintendoboy16

How did it fail?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nothing

As we've seen from Wii Sports and now Wii Sports Resort the Wiimote is great but even at it's main "tech demo" gameplay it just can't deliver the flawless experience everyone expects. That's not anyone's fault, it just the limitations this gen.

I think with the Wiimote paired with Nintendo's new venture of having the games play themselves there's just too much experimentation going on to deliver a top tier game that is seen as near flawless.

I think it could be a solid experience but I don't expect much more then that

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS

sorry for double post, please dont mod me gabu :P

now for my own fanboy annoyances (everyone has an inside fanboy :P), i'd like a harder challenge not on the puzzles (they're on the right difficulty for me :P), but on the combats. and a more in-depth combat. something that wont let me kill all those moblins with oversized pigs from TP without epona and without a shield (and without losing health or using the "rupee armor") :P

and definitely more combat uses for the items, like they're doing with darksiders: wrath of war.

EDIT: i took so long to post it it's not a double post anymore. yayz! :P

Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts

Get ported to another system ;)TheLordMagnus
rofl that's so true, it's the only way some critics will ever give it a 10 (read: Gamespot) :lol:

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

all of the above

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I think it needs to get ported over to either the 360 or PS3. More power = Epic battles.
I Can see it now, the next game will have link commanding armies and fighting in huge battles with over 10000 npcs on screen. During the gameplay link would go out recruiting newer soldiers and finding newer weapons and gear via dungeons or ect. This would only be a small part of the game of course.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts
All of the above, please. TP would've scored a 10 if it had higher difficulty and any one of the remaining 3. [QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Nothing

As we've seen from Wii Sports and now Wii Sports Resort the Wiimote is great but even at it's main "tech demo" gameplay it just can't deliver the flawless experience everyone expects. That's not anyone's fault, it just the limitations this gen.

I think with the Wiimote paired with Nintendo's new venture of having the games play themselves there's just too much experimentation going on to deliver a top tier game that is seen as near flawless.

What are you talking about?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I don't know why people care about games getting 10s you should only care about the game being another excellent Zelda game. Also it wont get a 10 because even with exceptional use of WM+ there is too much comparing of games even though reviewers say they don't do that.
ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ragapan
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

i would like it to have a dark story line sorta like majoras mask but its just what i think lol

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Nothing

freakbabyblues

Where wasn't I clear enough?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath

i would like it to have a dark story line sorta like majoras mask but its just what i think lol

ragapan
lol Majora's Mask story was dark, dark colors don't make a dark story
freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freakbabyblues
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"] [QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Nothing

The problem with WSR was the lack of depth in some of the games. If anything it's shown how great WM+ would be in future Wii titles. You speak as if it failed...
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
chainsaw, blood, guns, and M-rating.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"] What are you talking about?freakbabyblues

The problem with WSR was the lack of depth in some of the games. If anything it's shown how great WM+ would be in future Wii titles. You speak as if it failed...

Even with Wiimotion the controls aren't exact, people want perfect controls when they play a game

They're greatly improved with it's new add on but it's not perfect yet

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freakbabyblues

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Even with Wiimotion the controls aren't exact, people want perfect controls when they play a game

Two facepalms in just a few minutes. You deserve a cookie.

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 maverick_41

I really don't care about 10s and what not, I just have to admit it would be pretty sweet.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#24 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
:lol: I laugh at this topic. Since when the crap did us consumers know what what we want in a video game, alone the Zelda franchise?
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
  • Better, more memorable characters, like Saria
  • Full on orchestra with Koji Kondo composing most of the music
  • New items that really change up the gameplay
  • Diverse and artistic Hyrule
  • Challenging and unique bosses and dungeons (like in Majora's Mask)
  • A new transport like Epona. A dragon you can fly around perhaps?!:D

M+ is already confirmed. I hope Nintendo takes it's time to really make this one THE BEST Zelda. Who wouldn't want that.:P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BrunoBRS

Jaysonguy

i have yet to try, but you're the first one i see that doesnt say motion+ works perfectly. maybe that's why everybody else is complaining about your posts (as usual :roll: ). nothing that i (or anyone else) say will change your original statement, so whatever.
Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

Not fail like Twilight Princess is one thing.nintendoboy16

It's not Twilight Princess. It's you. Twilight Princess didn't overhype itself.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Not fail like Twilight Princess is one thing.Brawl578

It's not Twilight Princess. It's you. Twilight Princess didn't overhype itself.

now that's something that should be written on giant billboards :P "didn't like twilight princess? IT'S YOUR FAULT" i personally loved the game (even after years of hyping :P) and it's on my list of the best zelda games in the whole series, together with wind waker (best) and minish cap.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath
lol I must have played a different Majora's Mask from what you people played, Majora's Mask was standard Zelda fare through and through. I actually found bosses like Morpheel and Argorok to be more unique then any of the bosses faced in Majora's Mask, which were mostly variations of creatures and environments found in Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask gets more bad press than it deserves but it also gets way too much praise for being different when it really wasn't, lose Ganondorf and the Master Sword from Ocarina of Time and you got Majora's Mask.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#30 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

Get ported to another system ;)TheLordMagnus

Well done......well done. If this happened nintendo would fail and it would be a two system race! (360-----Ps3)

But in all honesty, zelda needs everything you put up on the poll. And even than it will get an 8.8 because gamespot is biased.lol.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS
lol I must have played a different Majora's Mask from what you people played, Majora's Mask was standard Zelda fare through and through. I actually found bosses like Morpheel and Argorok to be more unique then any of the bosses faced in Majora's Mask, which were mostly variations of creatures and environments found in Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask gets more bad press than it deserves but it also gets way too much praise for being different when it really wasn't, lose Ganondorf and the Master Sword from Ocarina of Time and you got Majora's Mask. Sepewrath
... majora's mask is really different from any zelda i've seen. sure, there are bosses and dungeons. and bosses are similar to previous enemies. but that doesnt make it similar to OoT. the whole time manipulation feature alone makes it different. other differences *cough*masks*cough*lotsofawesomesidequests*cough* make it even more different
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sepewrath
Ooh *cough* Wolf ooh *cough* changing into a child ooh *cough* changing to a Zora with a mask is all the same thing. Each game just features a different hook, it was the Ocarina and transforming to a child in OOT, it was the mask in MM, it was the Wolf in TP, all in all they were just simple transformations to give you new ablititles which in turn often allowed you access to places that you could not reach in your normal form. And MM didn't really have time manipulation any different from OOT, all you did was press the reset button just like when you put the Master Sword back into the Temple of Time. And the side quest to get the mask were just like say collecting the Triforce pieces in WW, just that they were optional in most cases. Also it had a shorter main quest so extra side missions were necessary. Majora's Mask was not that different, it was just another great Zelda game.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

BrunoBRS

i have yet to try, but you're the first one i see that doesnt say motion+ works perfectly. maybe that's why everybody else is complaining about your posts (as usual :roll: ). nothing that i (or anyone else) say will change your original statement, so whatever.

Watch Ign's video review at 1:51

Now you know 2 people :P

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

All the above would be preferable, but if I had to narrow it down I would say a better story. Collaborate with BioWare on the story writing or something.. Zelda is too epic of a universe for the cut n paste stuff it always gets..

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freakbabyblues

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

wiifan001

Watch Ign's video review at 1:51

Now you know 2 people :P

Problem solved. Now you only know one again. :P Anyway, I'm pretty sure proper implementation could fix pretty much any problem WM+ has.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

:lol: I laugh at this topic. Since when the crap did us consumers know what what we want in a video game, alone the Zelda franchise?wiifan001

Nitnendo has already proven we have no clue what we want! *cough*Metroid Prime*cough*

They know more than we do, that's why they are Nintendo!Nintendo has someof the best or the best developers in the world!

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Wii Motion Plus seems to be boosting review scores dramatically (look at Tiger Woods 2010 and Wii Sports Resort compared to their previous iterations). The next Zelda Wii could be the first adventure game to successfully utilize and revolutionize one-to-one sword-playing, which would provide a gaming experience unlike any other, and hence give it a 10.

I believe it's that unique "never-been-done-before" factor in games that drives them to get a 10 review score. I disagree with games like MGS4 and GTAIV getting 10s, but the 10s for Ocarina of Time and FFVII were well deserved because they introduced game design templates that are still copied by today's games. Once Nintendo perfects the one-to-one controls for Zelda Wii enough to make it the definitive way to play an adventure game, then every adventure game after that would need to match that greatness. It's like how every FPS is compared to Halo; every adventure game would be compared with Zelda Wii. It needs to be that good to get a 10.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

One other thing...I'm not sure if Zelda Wii should have Motion +...I'm worried that it will get tireing...boring...feel like it's being forced on you... the gameplay with it wont be great [Imight be able to tellhow good it will be when i get a hold of Resort]... it won't feel like zelda... So just a lot... This is Miyamoto! He almost alwase pleases... Hopefully this one will be as liked as Ocarina of Time was back in the day.

amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 amoremono1
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

If it came over and made me a cherry pie, Id give it a 10.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
It will not get a 10 here. If Galaxy could not pull it off Zelda won't either. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as I like it I could care less what others say about it. What I would like to see are some truely epic bosses that are not just big, but fun to battle, like Goma (spell?) in OoT or the goat machine thing in MM.
-Goldensilver-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Goldensilver-
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

• Better, more memorable characters, like Saria
  • Full on orchestra with Koji Kondo composing most of the music
  • New items that really change up the gameplay
  • Diverse and artistic Hyrule
  • Challenging and unique bosses and dungeons (like in Majora's Mask)
  • A new transport like Epona. A dragon you can fly around perhaps?!:D

M+ is already confirmed. I hope Nintendo takes it's time to really make this one THE BEST Zelda. Who wouldn't want that.:P

FFCYAN

Besides for the Epona comment, I totally agree with you. The game certainly needs to be one that is well remembered, like OOT, and not because the game is subpar, but because it is amazing! :) I think that one thing that makes OOT great is the fact that it is so memorable. Sure part of this is because it was the first 3-d Zelda, but that isn't the only reason. Actually if you look at Gamespot's original review of OOT the reviewer makes a comment similar to "This is a game people will still be talking about 10 years down the road." And here we are. :) I also really like the idea of a full orchestra. Music is one part of a game that can really add an "epic" feel to everything. Koji Kondo is a very talented artist, and I think that giving him the opportunity to use a full orchestra would greatly enhance the game. Too often in a game the music is just "there" and sometimes it is even annoying. However, when the music is well done I think it can have just as huge an impact as, say, graphics.

New items, or new ways to use items would be a refresher. I thought the staff in TP that controlled the statues was an unique idea. However, overuse of such an item can quickly become mundane. Another aspect is Hyrule itself. Sure, the Hyrule in TP was very impressive graphically and quite diverse, however, I think Nintendo can do better. The more "real" and "immersive" Hyrule is, the better. I think a truly "real", "living" and "breathing" Hyrule would be fantastic. I also really liked the bosses from TP, they were very creative and fun to fight, but I thought they were a bit on the weak side. All Nintendo would need to do is extend the bosses health, or give them a few different tactics, and that problem would be solved. And as for new transport, I don't think that is overly necessary. I am fine with Epona, and would rather they keep Epona. I don't think they have overused the horse riding theme yet and I actually think it works quite well with the game. Finally, the M+. The "waggle" was okay, but definitely needs to be improved upon. As long as the M+ isn't overused, too simple, or too complex, it should work great. I know that sounds very vague and particular, but its true. The control needs to be spot on. Something simple like the "waggle" wouldn't be enough of an improvement, but if they tried to overcomplicate or overuse the motion control, then it could certainly hinder the game. The control need to be a perfect, intuitive balance.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freakbabyblues

It will not get a 10 here. If Galaxy could not pull it off Zelda won't either. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as I like it I could care less what others say about it. What I would like to see are some truely epic bosses that are not just big, but fun to battle, like Goma (spell?) in OoT or the goat machine thing in MM.ekalbtwin
Galaxy didn't get a 10 because it had a minimalistic story that didn't tie things together(something that doesn'tZelda have) and some of the suits were frustrating to use(I've never found any feature of a Zelda game frustrating(at least not recent ones)). With a good story, great controls, great visuals, and so on, Zelda Wii by all means has a chance of getting a 10.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#43 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Well either way, the new Zelda is never gonna get a 10, cause if they change one thing, some people will get mad, and some people will get happy. And the reviews on GS for Wii games have not been so good, so I'm not expecting a 10 for the game. I HOPE THOUGH, if Nintendo puts a lot of work into it, and not rush the game into the world, then they will get an 8.5 and up, guaranteed:) But on MY Review on the upcoming game: I want a Multiplayer, I don't care what kind. They did a pretty good job on PH, imo. Higher difficulty, Of Course! Twilight Princess was REALLY easy. (Except the Water Temple puzzle :roll::lol: ) And I want the bosses to be harder More Dungeons, yeah, I guess, TP had a DECENT amount of dungeons, but few compared to Ocarina. I don't want to get bored after I achieve the main goal (after the Arbiter's Grounds Temple, I got bored, I forced myself to play it again.) The Story Better be good!!!! Thats a mouthfull, :P
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

The only I thing I can think of is have a better combat system.

Through my eyes, if Twilight Princess used the Wii Motion Plus, it would be perfect.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
not listen to any of the fanboys (as awesome as TP was IMO, according to some people it was too much "OoTish" and many sites didnt give it a 10. i personally liked TP alot more than OoT) and come with something epic and refreshing to the series, while keeping the quality and the aspects that makes zelda... zelda.BrunoBRS
I agree with you. And to answer the question, the thing I would add to the new Zelda is better story.
maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 maverick_41

The only I thing I can think of is have a better combat system.

Through my eyes, if Twilight Princess used the Wii Motion Plus, it would be perfect.

awssk8er716

I agree 100%

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

I think it needs to get ported over to either the 360 or PS3. More power = Epic battles.
I Can see it now, the next game will have link commanding armies and fighting in huge battles with over 10000 npcs on screen. During the gameplay link would go out recruiting newer soldiers and finding newer weapons and gear via dungeons or ect. This would only be a small part of the game of course.

zaku101

ya we all know more power means epic battles :roll:

if you want to make it to some sorta game zelda really isnt, that its not gone be good at all

zelda is about exploration, not about fighting alone,

thats what sets it abow all other advanture games on the other systems

zelda dosent need more power,

even zelda TP which people consider to be the worse 3d zelda yet(i disagree) but its still so much better then any advantrue game on any other system

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
all of the above seems it'll have the best chance to get a 10.
Jackal1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jackal1721
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
Good thing TP was originally intended to be on the GC. SO MY hopes are extremely high and I am loving TP. The bad thing is I read some boss spoilers on OOT when I am playing it now...-sigh-
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

a big hype and nice graphics is enough

just look at GTA 4 , bad controls (on foot) , boring gameplay but has a perfect 10 score , had much more fun with twilight princess , stopped playing GTA4 in the middle of the game after git more ps3 games