What does Nintendo need to do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cheesecurls1414
cheesecurls1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cheesecurls1414
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts

There has been a lot of speculation as to the future of Nintendo's Wii U. I, personally, do not own the system and cannot really comment as to how good it could be and the potential it may have. That being said, the moment Nintendo announced the Wii U, I did not see a bright future for the console. The first thing that was pretty dumb was carrying over the Wii name. Wii was a huge success for Nintendo, but carrying over the name just confused people. Is it a "Super Wii?" That's exactly what it is, along with a new controller that easily could have just been a 3DS, not a big fan of the gamepad. The games aren't bad, based on the reviews that I have seen, but people want variety, more than just Mario. I have yet to see a game come out for the Wii U that makes me wish I had the system. Even with SSB on the horizon, that won't sell me on the console. If you look at Nintendo's history (N64-Present) each system was completely different from the last. N64 to Gamecube, a great update in my opinion, and Gamecube to WIi, was an obvious success. Wii to Wii U feels like Nintendo put it 1/2 of their efforts. SO what does Nintendo need to do? In my opinion, they need to start over. Create a new console, with a new name, get rid of the Wii Remotes, get rid of the Gamepad. Get a regular controller and create a powerful console to compete with PS4 and XBO. Or they could try to fix the WIi U? What do you guys think?

Avatar image for TransformerRobo
TransformerRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TransformerRobo
Member since 2011 • 549 Posts

What do they need to do you say?

Well, I was fishing around for this out of curiosity, and look what I found:

Loading Video...

This concept is brilliant!

I know it's not official, but it paints a realistic picture of Nintendo's proposed new business model involving mobile technology! This would make Nintendo so popular I can't even imagine the new success coming in!

Please Nintendo, make this happen! Reactions to this concept have been very positive, so now you know it's a good idea!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

they just need to make a game that people say is better or funner than anything on xbox or playstation....

mario 3d world wasnt it.

mario kart 8 or smash bros could be the game that makes wiiU finally sell well.....this should make them at least turn a profit on wiiU...

but if they want to beat sony...they have to have a game as popular and trendsetting as wii sports....i guess nintendoland was supposed to be it...but it failed.... they need another game idea with the gamepad....but i dont think there is one...so i dont think nintendo will win this gen....but it will make a profit if mario kart or smash bros is fantastic.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Look despite being primarily a Playstation fan, I've bought both 3DS and Wii U because I believe that Nintendo still has a place in my home. Nintendo is the alternative choice, they're different and this is good. So basically what I want to say with that is that while PS4 is gonna be my main console this gen, Wii U is still gettin much love.

So anyway... few days ago I made a post on system wars, I will be copying this post over here cause it's excatly what I'd say to answer your question.

@V3rciS said:

This is sad news... I hope Nintendo won't focus plainly on mobile phones and tablets, that would be bad for the industry. However I'd like them to truly restructure their buisness strategy. To develop more compelling hardware and games, to focus on quality and sense. To stop focusing mainly on casuals but make a new legit approach to hardcores. I understand that their buisness plan was to create software for young kids and families but thing is that kids have no money, they depend entirely on their parents to provide cash for their toys, but during different circumstances many parents may be reluctant to do so.

With that said I don't mean they should drop their existing IPs, but renovate them, for example create a new serious Metroid game. The anticipated new Zelda HD is a good start, they could possibly redesign even Mario.

And last but not least... hardware, stop relying on outdated hardware, it worked once (Wii) but it ain't gonna work again. Trick me once shame on you, trick me twice... shame on me.

If for some reason what I said above is out of discussion... they really have one remaining option. GO 3rd Party... it's not that bad after all. They can and will sell tons of software generating loads of cash with less expenses. Nintendo fans will still be able to enjoy their favourite games on Playstation or Xbox or even PC and this way they are not obliged to buy a second consoles for 3rd parties and multiplats. They'll be able to enjoy Nintendo games + all other 3rd party stuff on one console. Easy... cheap and nice.

I don't want Nintendo go out of industry, but I also don't want them to focus on mobile phones, so any other option is fine by me.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@TransformerRobo: We get it, you want Nintendo to make a tablet. Keep bringing it up in more threads though, maybe eventually someone else will like it too :P

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Simple. Listen to their core fans again. The money from the DS, Wii and 3DS has went to their head. They are ignoring the fans who made them a global success in the NES days. We say we want Starfox, they say how about......CHIBI ROBO!!!We say F-Zero we get...another Mario. Iwata needs to LISTEN TO THE CORE NINTENDO FANS AND GIVE US, PARTY CHAT, STARFOX, F-ZERO and such. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIRE THE ADMINS ON MIIVERSE AND PUT IN A MODERATOR SYSTEM!!!

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

The Wii U needs more games. Not just any games. It needs must-buy, unique, exclusive titles that makes it different from everything else. New Super Mario Bros U did not help much because, despite being a great game, it looks too similar to its DS/Wii/3DS predecessors. Super Mario 3D World is a fantastic game, but it looks too much like an expanded 3D Land. There's no doubt that Tropical Freeze will be an excellent 2D platformer, but a large number of people are not excited because the first thing they see is "another Donkey Kong Returns." Wii Sports Club is the Wii Sports everyone has played in the past seven years, but with enhanced controls and online multiplayer. All of these games are not completely the same to its predecessors, but its similarities make it difficult to persuade people to buy a new console for them. I'm starting to question if 3DS owners are willing to upgrade to the Wii U version of Smash Bros, despite the fact that the Wii U version will clearly be superior. My only hope relies on Mario Kart 8 (kind of), Monolith Soft's "X," and Bayonetta 2; basically the only big exclusive Wii U titles we have to look for after Tropical Freeze.

Nintendo needs to stop relying too much on what made them successful on the Wii because it will not work for the Wii U. They also need to provide more unique experiences not offered on the 3DS to make sure the Wii U is seen as a must-buy instead of an option for the remaining Nintendo fans.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

The Wii U needs more games. Not just any games. It needs must-buy, unique, exclusive titles that makes it different from everything else. New Super Mario Bros U did not help much because, despite being a great game, it looks too similar to its DS/Wii/3DS predecessors. Super Mario 3D World is a fantastic game, but it looks too much like an expanded 3D Land. There's no doubt that Tropical Freeze will be an excellent 2D platformer, but a large number of people are not excited because the first thing they see is "another Donkey Kong Returns." Wii Sports Club is the Wii Sports everyone has played in the past seven years, but with enhanced controls and online multiplayer. All of these games are not completely the same to its predecessors, but its similarities make it difficult to persuade people to buy a new console for them. I'm starting to question if 3DS owners are willing to upgrade to the Wii U version of Smash Bros, despite the fact that the Wii U version will clearly be superior. My only hope relies on Mario Kart 8 (kind of), Monolith Soft's "X," and Bayonetta 2; basically the only big exclusive Wii U titles we have to look for after Tropical Freeze.

Nintendo needs to stop relying too much on what made them successful on the Wii because it will not work for the Wii U. They also need to provide more unique experiences not offered on the 3DS to make sure the Wii U is seen as a must-buy instead of an option for the remaining Nintendo fans.

Don't forget the next gen Zelda, for me... this is the title that can change the future for Wii U . It's Zelda... and it's unlike we've seen before. (if Nintendo doesn't screw the game of course)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ANIMEguy10034

@V3rciS said:

Don't forget the next gen Zelda, for me... this is the title that can change the future for Wii U . It's Zelda... and it's unlike we've seen before. (if Nintendo doesn't screw the game of course)

I didn't mention Zelda since it's still not announced, but it's expected to come. Part of me is incredibly excited for whatever they have planned, but the other part is deathly afraid of what ideas they might have that may potentially prevent it from being the best Zelda game ever created. I loved Skyward Sword, but there were so many faults and I really hope they have learned from their mistakes and/or have been hearing out some of our legitimate complaints.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

There's not much they could do but ride it out..& release the titles they've announce/shown without delays. Love for them to drop the costly but useless gamepad, replace it with pro controller & price cut, being only $50 cheaper than ps4 atm doesn't look like value.. but that mostlikely won't happen.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

make a new console.

Bragmariosan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Bragmariosan
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Advertise/Marketing - Show more advertisements showing why the gamepad makes it a better system. ie off tv play, touch controls, map, inventory.etc

- Show of multimedia capabilities of the wiiu. (internet browser, netflix. etc)

- Super Mario 3d world bundle $250. Comes with wii u pad, pro controller. (add 2 wii motes if they can)

- new ip's

- partner with 3rd parties to bring more exclusives. Add more Mature titles.

- Super Mario Galaxy 3

- Super Mario Universe

- Bring GC games to the eShop

- New F-zero game or even F-Zero GX HD remake with online

- New Geist game, Eternal Darkness 2

- New Shooter type game

- timesplitters 3, shenmue 3, partner and bring back these games.

- Donkey kong 64 sequel

The biggest thing is Nintendo need to find away to make profit off this system. I think they can bring it back around when Mario kart and smash come out.

I really think X will be surprise hit.

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

1. Work with western developers to port popular game engines to Wii U, so as to minimize development costs for 3rd parties.

2. Court independent devs to eshop

3. Continue to make great 1st party games.

4. Market to China. 100s of millions of kids waiting to fall in love with Mario, Zelda, Samus, et al.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

They really need to work on creating new installments in all of their iconic series. Let's get a Star Fox, F-Zero, Metroid, 3D Donkey Kong, a 3D Pokemon game, Fire Emblem, Mother. Just play Smash Bros and see all the possibilities.

Price drop and more aggressive advertising would do them well. Working on VC probably won't help sell consoles but I'd like it.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I think that, at the heart of it, they need to accept that the Wii U was just a catchup to the Xbox 360 and PS3 in power and attempt to get more 3rd party support. I think they took a step in the right direction, but they didn't go far enough. Right now, they need to look into creating an online platform that actually works and will entice people to play. Take, for example, if the virtual console had leader boards. Beat a game fast enough, your name is shown, kill a certain number of enemies, your name is shown, so on and so forth. Of course, have a stable service that people are interested in. They should look towards Sony and what they've done, as Plus, in my eyes, was a huge success with how it treated gamers.

Another thing they should look at is developers. Nintendo shouldn't go around asking "would you develop for us?" so much as ask "how can we help you develop?". Give developers a reason to be interested in Nintendo again.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

As long as my Wii U hardware holds up I think it's a wonderful concept that just needs great games to exploit the benefits of having the screen swapping or dual screen display within games. Basically it's like the DS on a larger scale(never owned a DS so have no idea if that's accurate)... I think they just need to make games that allow the players to really become immersed in the new dynamic of the Wii U. So far I've only played older Wii games like Resident Evil Remake and RE0 on my Wii U and the Mario game that came with the bundle... none of these games exploit the dual screen to a interesting degree.

Too many Nintendo apologists blow off the fact that Nintendo hurts themselves from an adult perspective of entertainment value. The fact that it's a Blu-ray that doesn't allow you to play Blu-ray disc movies or even DVD movies is insane at this point. You've got the new gamepad that works as a TV remote control, so it's all there... but you can't enjoy it. You should be able to at least pop in a DVD movie have it upscaled and use the gamepad to control it all, web browsing, movie watching etc. I don't know how you can want digital streaming via Netflix, Amazon, Youtube or whatever and then cripple the machine by not at least allowing people to pop in a damn DVD and watch a movie.

I enjoy the landscape of the Wii U, Miiverse better than the PS4 or PS3 interface but at least on Sony systems you can pop in a dvd and have it upscaled, or just watch a Blu-ray/3D movie etc. There's no good reason why Nintendo locks out such simplistic obviously desirable features. I'm sickened by the PS4 and Sony not allowing me to pop in CD and load my music collection onto my PS4 but with Nintendo it's like that but a thousand times worse. I can't put anything other than Nintendo game discs into it, apologists can claim what they want about the purity of a gaming console, but this is 2014 times are getting tough in many ways other than just pure technology wars, when people pay quite a chunk of cash for a system they expect the most bang for the buck.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#17  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Heavily invest in software.

Nintendo does not need to win the console battle, nor will they on this generation. They need to turn a profit and there is no better way to do it then through software.

They should step on the gas and work on releasing their whole back catalog on the E-Shop, instead of releasing just a few games every week.

It is much easier said than done, though.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Nintendo has said time and time again, even last week, that they won't make phone games. Stop even suggesting it guys, how many times do they have to tell you? They've already said that the days of selling $200-$300 devices may be over and selling $60 software.

I say:

-Release Wii U Slim, smaller system with cheaper components, cheaper and smaller Game Pad maybe 4 inch screen. Sell it for $199 at a small profit if possible or small loss.

-Get $20 Player's Choice lineup out there to show that the system has a decent lineup of older, cheaper games. Include Pikmin 3, Zombi U, Lego City, etc.

-Pay for some third party support. Seriously, just $10-$20 million for some high profile ports at the very least.

-Let Retro hire like 100-200 more employees so they can make 2-3 games at a time, not one game every 4 years.

-Buy western studios and give them some rope. Create new IPs while leveraging some Nintendo IPs. Buy Shin'en, Sumo Digital, High Voltage Software, Platinum, Way Forward, etc. Heck, buy SEGA if you can.

- Market the Wii U better. Get Apple's ad company or whatever. Market it as a cheaper next-gen system with no online fees. Stress that last part a lot.

-Get Minecraft: Nintendo Edition with exclusive Zelda, Mario, DK, Metroid content out on Wii U ASAP. Pay 4J Studios to make this a priority

-Release a cheaper, 3DS Lite model at $129 and drop the 3DS XL to $150 or $170. Pretty much just keep 3DS design intact except rounded edges like XL, better battery life, rounder shoulder buttons, etc.

That's what I'd do.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

@bonesawisready5 said:

Nintendo has said time and time again, even last week, that they won't make phone games. Stop even suggesting it guys, how many times do they have to tell you? They've already said that the days of selling $200-$300 devices may be over and selling $60 software.

I say:

-Release Wii U Slim, smaller system with cheaper components, cheaper and smaller Game Pad maybe 4 inch screen. Sell it for $199 at a small profit if possible or small loss.

-Get $20 Player's Choice lineup out there to show that the system has a decent lineup of older, cheaper games. Include Pikmin 3, Zombi U, Lego City, etc.

-Pay for some third party support. Seriously, just $10-$20 million for some high profile ports at the very least.

-Let Retro hire like 100-200 more employees so they can make 2-3 games at a time, not one game every 4 years.

-Buy western studios and give them some rope. Create new IPs while leveraging some Nintendo IPs. Buy Shin'en, Sumo Digital, High Voltage Software, Platinum, Way Forward, etc. Heck, buy SEGA if you can.

- Market the Wii U better. Get Apple's ad company or whatever. Market it as a cheaper next-gen system with no online fees. Stress that last part a lot.

-Get Minecraft: Nintendo Edition with exclusive Zelda, Mario, DK, Metroid content out on Wii U ASAP. Pay 4J Studios to make this a priority

-Release a cheaper, 3DS Lite model at $129 and drop the 3DS XL to $150 or $170. Pretty much just keep 3DS design intact except rounded edges like XL, better battery life, rounder shoulder buttons, etc.

That's what I'd do.

A lot of that sounds fine and dandy, but right now, the investors aren't concerned about Nintendo giving players what they want, they care about how Nintendo's going to start making money. Dropping the prices of anything is only going to lower the profits of the company, as the 3ds and Wii U are still selling at a loss. What they're going to want to hear is how they're going to cut the costs of manufacturing down so they can start profiting on their consoles.

One thing Nintendo's always done is sell consoles for a profit, even on day one, and I don't think it was prepared for what those kinds of losses would look like over the long term.

I've always been a big fan of expanding Retro, although I believe the company's very intent on keeping their team small, and I don't think Nintendo's in a place to piss off their most significant second party studio by going against their wishes.

Marketing definitely needs to be ramped up, as is figuring out exactly how they're going to market the console; it seems they're just throwing out everything and hoping something sticks in terms of marketing the console.

More games need to come out, that's for sure. I don't think buying Sega needs to happen, but I think locking down some more exclusive titles from them is a must, especially now that they own Atlus, and the likes of Shin Megami titles have a fanbase more rapid than anything I've seen.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Rough it out.

Then, release a good console in 2019.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Keep pumping out as many games as possible. The new downloadable indie games are a nice touch along with Miiverse.

If you google List of Best-selling game consoles then choose Wikipedia you'll find all manufactures of consoles, but for Nintendo only.. here are the results of amount sold (rounded off):

Nes 62 million Snes 33 million GC 22M Wii 100 million Wii U 4 million

Wii U is neck in neck up against PS and X even having a year head start but so what. I can't play Nintendo games on them. The market is flooded, but I think Nintendo will keep at it and do fine.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@realjaysonguy: You're wrong, the 3DS isn't being sold at a loss. Nintendo told us plenty of times that the 3DS would be "profitable" by mid-2012 when the XL hit and NSMB2 came out. Also, its widely believed that the 2DS is sold at a profit too.

How are you related to the other JaysonGuy? Are you just the same troll? Did you two accounts? Or are you a separate person in actuality? You know what, don't answer that. JaysonGuy wouldn't tell us the truth anyway.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Only thing Nintendo can do is grind it out. My guess will be that by the end of Wii U lifetime it will be more successful than Gamecube, but struggle to get anywhere near the same neighborhood as the Wii...

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RealJaysonguy

@bonesawisready5: a.) my identity will be revealed when the time is right.

B.) read Iwata's statement. One of the reasons they lost so much money is because of their consoles selling at a loss. I'm a huge nintendo supporter, hence becoming the antithesis of jaysonguy... I love the company, I'm just pointing out what they're saying themselves.

Avatar image for TransformerRobo
TransformerRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TransformerRobo
Member since 2011 • 549 Posts

Maybe they could try this if things get worse? It could work, if Nintendo doesn't have a falling out with Apple in the process.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ANIMEguy10034

@TransformerRobo said:

Maybe they could try this if things get worse? It could work, if Nintendo doesn't have a falling out with Apple in the process.

It wouldn't work. Not anytime soon, anyway. The majority of smartphone owners will not buy a controller when they can download Angry Birds or Candy Crush for free to get their quick, short burst of entertainment. Nintendo needs help in the console market, not handheld.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17663 Posts

Most importantly, Nintendo needs to get rid of this, "we're poor at competing" mentality. They believe they aren't, but it doesn't matter what they think, they are very much in competition with both Sony and MS.

I'm speaking as a consumer so I don't of course know the underlying business considerations, but if I were to be in charge of Nintendo, this is what I'd be doing:

1) I would mandate that every employee buy and play both MS's and Sony's machines and become not only familiar with the types of games are on them, but scrutinize and take notes on their online approaches and features. I would invest in a networking company to begin a complete overhaul of Nintendo's online offering to launch alongside the Wii U's successor that has features on par, or better, than the competition. Party chat, invites, no friend codes. Give it a hi-tech, modern, yet Nintendo themed design. Make it fast, efficient, and streamlined with a good UI. Charge for it (you get what you pay for), and give retro games out for free same as PSN+ every month or so.

2) Along with this, make a universal account system a #1 priority, and implement crossplay along all platforms. Beginning now, start work on bringing games to the VC from all past platforms, introduce retro trophies and achievements, and release 2-3 per platform per week on the redone VC store. Make the prices REASONABLE, and give incentives with discounts every so often. Allow all GB, NES, SNES, and N64 games to be playable on the 3DS or its successor.

3) Make the next system more powerful, and again BC for the VC. Doesn't have to be the most powerful, but at least keep it in the ballpark of the other systems with a similar architecture to help attract 3rd parties again. And BEND OVER BACKWARDS to aid in getting 3rd parties interested. Drop the arrogance and attitude of dismissal and apathy towards them, make a serious effort to cater to what they would like. Whether people want to admit it or not, a Nintendo system NEEDS 3rd parties. And if Nintendo could give tech parity to 3rd parties, yet distinguish their hardware with a feature that would not make it any more difficult to put their wares on, yet would give a gameplay bonus above other versions, they'd be sitting pretty and people would have a reason to buy games on Nintendo hardware.

4) Get a western businessman who is in touch with what people like here on the board of directors in Kyoto. Just like Howard Lincoln was back in the day. Nintendo's an international corporation and they need more than just Japanese minded people in their corporate culture. Cut the umbilical and give autonomy to NoA and NoE and allow them to make their own choices, and procure and establish studios to cater to western tastes.

5) Get to work on 3-4 new IPs. Not cheap half-assed shit like Steel Diver and Pushmo.

There's not much that could change the Wii U at this point as it's a product of choices years in the past, and Nintendo needs to be doing the above now to be competitive in the future. But with Iwata and co. in charge, this ain't happening.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RealJaysonguy

@MirkoS77: The problem with every argument like yours is that gamers with that mindset don't have any interest in buying Nintendo consoles, and that's something that's not going to change.

What they need to do is figure out what their market wants, not the general gaming market. Because their market are the people who aren't buying Wii U's.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17663 Posts

@realjaysonguy said:

@MirkoS77: The problem with every argument like yours is that gamers with that mindset don't have any interest in buying Nintendo consoles, and that's something that's not going to change.

What they need to do is figure out what their market wants, not the general gaming market. Because their market are the people who aren't buying Wii U's.

Yea but perhaps the reason people don't have any interest in buying Nintendo consoles is because of the reasons I stated. I don't own a Wii U, but if Nintendo did what I mentioned (or had those features already), I'd have owned one from launch. Hell, I'd buy one just to have a Nintendo retro box if their VC was up to snuff and they had a UA system in place.

They need to expand their market, not cater to the niche one they have if they in any way wish to remain a player. The casuals are gone, the core remain, and the core demand features that Sony and MS offer that Nintendo lacks on. Nintendo has lost a lot of the core, and that is 100% on them. They could win it back. It would take effort, but they could do it. I plan on getting a Wii U, but only when it's dead as I refuse to support Nintendo's stubbornness, backwards ways, and half-assed attempts.

That changes, and I'm an ardent supporter of theirs from day one.

Neonakaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Neonakaa
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

Iwata said that he took a cut from his pay, so my reccomendation is that use the money to A. Make a badass E3 booth B. Spend it on advertisement.