What do you want the next ds pokemon to have

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guidedtruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 guidedtruth
Member since 2007 • 587 Posts
i think the next pokemon should let you battle with anyone in the world and let you imput your own music
Krusnikzero2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Krusnikzero2
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
They should allow you to have 5 moves instead of 4. It would make battles more interesting.
joeishawt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joeishawt
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
the next pokemon game should use the TOUCH SCREEN. i know that you can tap on attacks and menu items with pokemon diamond/pearl. but eveything can also be done with the d-pad just as every pokemon game ever. it would be nice to see a control scheme like phantom hourglass to move your trainer and/or special movement commands to activate certain items in the game. i also think it would be great if the battle system was more like the marioand luigi: superstar saga series. this would still use turn based combat, but with engaging action commands to keep the battles from getting tedious. this would also allow you to see your enemies ahead of time, giving you the option to try and avoid them or to get the first strike on them. i was also really unimpressed with the sound in pokemon diamond/pearl and thought it sounded like a 16-bit game. which is a bummer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
a pokemon based of chuck norris, legendary and probably a event only.
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
they should release Arecus Shaymin and Darkrai in the game so we wouldn't have to use cheats to get them
5Winston5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 5Winston5
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

I'd want to see the battles in 3-D, and they should replace the old battle crys of the older pokemon.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
They should allow you to have 5 moves instead of 4. It would make battles more interesting.Krusnikzero2

Much agreed.

I would love to be able to hold 7 pokemon instead of 6..hate getting to a place, then relizing you don't have the right HM to pass it and then having to go back to the pokecenter to get such pokemon..

I want more touch-screen activity as well..
Namiik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Namiik
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
NEW POKEMON!, A plot similar to that of pokemon Colosseum but not involving shadow pokemon and final fantasy tactics style gameplay. I hope GAME FREAK and nintendo are taking notes.
Namiik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Namiik
that HM thing does get annoying
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
In-battle 3D & a new type or two.
Davicho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Davicho90
Member since 2005 • 569 Posts
i would like a remake of Pokemon red
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AnFangs_Endes

a pokemon based of chuck norris, legendary and probably a event only.darkspineslayer

A Hitmonorris to complement Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan?

conzors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 conzors
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
doesnt matter what one person thinks only if a majority agrees on what the next pokemon ds should have,and the ideas most of u guys have suck.
tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tophat666
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts

remakes of pokemon gold and silver, a new version of DP with the ability to catch the event legendaries, or both.

Come on Nintendo I will be your best friend.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Online tournaments, etc.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AnFangs_Endes

doesnt matter what one person thinks only if a majority agrees on what the next pokemon ds should have,and the ideas Ihave suck.conzors

Fixed. What you said previously is crude, and quite frankly, deplorable. Leave.

panut12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 panut12
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
I say we should use the mic. like on tv say the moves to the pokemon. It would be awsome!
Avatar image for deactivated-57dcbd90c2616
deactivated-57dcbd90c2616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57dcbd90c2616
Member since 2007 • 497 Posts

Non friend code online battles.

jouvjouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 jouvjouv
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
A pokemon mmorpg, with all the areas from the previous games, as well as the new one, new move sets, actually have a plot, instead of a boy trying to become a pokemon master, and some new pokemons. That would be the best Ds game, period.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

[QUOTE="Krusnikzero2"]They should allow you to have 5 moves instead of 4. It would make battles more interesting.WSGRandomPerson

Much agreed.

I would love to be able to hold 7 pokemon instead of 6..hate getting to a place, then relizing you don't have the right HM to pass it and then having to go back to the pokecenter to get such pokemon..

They should eliminate HM's altogether and change them into TM's. There is no reason why the trainer him/herself can't be the one with the gained ability to cut down trees or so on (maybe they get an axe along the way or something?) rather than the Pokemon.

If they are going to limit the number of Pokemon is should be at 8 or 6, odd numbers are just awkward. Then again if they eliminated HM's in the way described above it would mean that 6 Pokemon would be enough easily.

I agree with joe, or at least that it should be more touchscreen heavy. Pkmn DnP's menu design was actually worse than it's predecossors; slow, clunky and counter intuitive. I wrote a blog on it a while bag, feel free to take a look. The game didn't work well with touch, but you couldn't do everything with buttons either, and the combination of 2 screens and touch was wasted on the game, it was just a clunky mess.

I am not going to mention presentation issues because that will come with time, although sound really needs doing up, the DS game has terrible music by even GBA standards, not just the quality but the composition itself (there's loads of good music to be ripped right from the anime sans lyrics...). Oh and Joe, it didn't sound even like a 16 bit game...I can pick numerous examples of 16 bit games with amazing soundtracks, the compotision is godawful in these games.

As for online...I don't get it, it sounds good in theory, but when you get down to it, battle comes down to 2 players on one side which isn't MMO at all, the MMO aspect is good in theory especially from a non-battle perspective, but when you think about it, it doesn't make much sense.

On Namiik's idea for plot. Perhaps a plot like most MMO's would be better than a JRPG plot? In that it could be one you could readily ignore rather than one you must follow. I think most people do after all want to get into the meat and bones of training rather than doing the linear badge battles.

Although this may seem cheeky, the abilty to buy back any TM would be nice (not sure if this is in DnP or not) since most people want to try experimenting in their training a bit.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Whiteghost09
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
I like your 3D idea, and the 5 moves. They also need to make more Pokemon. The control scheme should let you choose whether you want touch screen or D-pad. Keep the music, its awesome!
Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Whiteghost09
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
Thankyou AnFangs_Endes, for your wonderful dismissal of that person that just trashed us.
guidedtruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 guidedtruth
Member since 2007 • 587 Posts

it would be awsome to have a mic to call out the attacks like the tv shows and use your invierment to your advantage like i could youse ice beam on the ground which would make it slippery so the other pokemon would slip different stuff like that if nitendo did that it would be awsome. online turnaments would be awsome and they have diffrent stuff that you win like pokemon.

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

Lets just hope they never let us see any of the 4th generation pokemon ever again (shaymin wtf? why don't you just let a squirrel be a legendary pokemon?) and they produce better gameplay than the two Pokemon Ds Disasters.

Thank you.

nursey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nursey1
Member since 2005 • 370 Posts

i think they shud make a pokemon game that follows the series.

who thinks tha wud be a gud idea?

raichu7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raichu7
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts
I want it to have worldwide battles with anyone in the world ;). Also worldwide rankings, customize characters, online contest, and online underground too. ;)
TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

-they should make use of the touch screen more AND

-make the pokemon 3-d for crying out loud...

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
the final pokemon game should have all 4 regions have gameplay like dragon quest joker thats it
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AnFangs_Endes

the final pokemon game should have all 4 regions have gameplay like dragon quest joker thats itFuri-Kun

:lol: "Final" :lol:

luke141eels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#31 luke141eels
Member since 2007 • 10143 Posts
they should release Arecus Shaymin and Darkrai in the game so we wouldn't have to use cheats to get them gameroz
thats want i have wanted for so long
dragonmage1703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dragonmage1703
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Complete Haulover.

Online, worldwide 3D play.

And new evolutions of scyther.

[In a nutshell]

Djinnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Djinnator
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts

-First and foremost, touch screen capability such as character movement and the item screen.

-Second, Perhaps an option to use the mic to detect move names and give bonus effects to players who are louder and more enthusiastic.

-Third, this is a scary idea but perhaps a bit of a RTS element, such as a 3-D arena and Pokemon that can be controlled using the touch screen and include area effects such as frozen/slippery, hot/damaging, and healing ground. Perhaps even replace a set PP amount with a timer or mana style PP.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AnFangs_Endes

More interactive battles would be nice; if anyone here has ever played Super Mario RPG, they'll likely know what exactly it is I'm talking about.

I want the ability to evade more often than just when I'm being Leech Seed-ed.

Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]a pokemon based of chuck norris, legendary and probably a event only.AnFangs_Endes

A Hitmonorris to complement Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan?

Hahahaha, that would be pretty awesome:)
Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
I think it would be prety cool to have something like a "blank disc" TM that you could essentialy use on a pokemon and make any one of it's moves in to a TM.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"][QUOTE="Krusnikzero2"]They should allow you to have 5 moves instead of 4. It would make battles more interesting.Articuno76

Much agreed.

They should eliminate HM's altogether and change them into TM's. There is no reason why the trainer him/herself can't be the one with the gained ability to cut down trees or so on (maybe they get an axe along the way or something?) rather than the Pokemon.

If they are going to limit the number of Pokemon is should be at 8 or 6, odd numbers are just awkward. Then again if they eliminated HM's in the way described above it would mean that 6 Pokemon would be enough easily.

I agree with joe, or at least that it should be more touchscreen heavy. Pkmn DnP's menu design was actually worse than it's predecossors; slow, clunky and counter intuitive. I wrote a blog on it a while bag, feel free to take a look. The game didn't work well with touch, but you couldn't do everything with buttons either, and the combination of 2 screens and touch was wasted on the game, it was just a clunky mess.

I am not going to mention presentation issues because that will come with time, although sound really needs doing up, the DS game has terrible music by even GBA standards, not just the quality but the composition itself (there's loads of good music to be ripped right from the anime sans lyrics...). Oh and Joe, it didn't sound even like a 16 bit game...I can pick numerous examples of 16 bit games with amazing soundtracks, the compotision is godawful in these games.

As for online...I don't get it, it sounds good in theory, but when you get down to it, battle comes down to 2 players on one side which isn't MMO at all, the MMO aspect is good in theory especially from a non-battle perspective, but when you think about it, it doesn't make much sense.

On Namiik's idea for plot. Perhaps a plot like most MMO's would be better than a JRPG plot? In that it could be one you could readily ignore rather than one you must follow. I think most people do after all want to get into the meat and bones of training rather than doing the linear badge battles.

Although this may seem cheeky, the abilty to buy back any TM would be nice (not sure if this is in DnP or not) since most people want to try experimenting in their training a bit.

I kinda like the idea of having the trainer being able to perform the HM moves (ex: having an axe to cut, having some kind of fantastic flying vehicle to fly, a Maglite or something to flash). I always end up having to keep my FLYing pokemon in the party at all times and that's just a waste of space, especially if I technically have no need for a flying pokemon at that time.

Six pokemon to a party is fine to me.

I don't own D/P, and the only reason I don't is because I was disappointed by the lack of presentation and audio upgrades. I should not have to hear the same cries from the original Red/Gold and the music shouldn't sound like it came out of an NES.5 and the battles should be in 3D, kinda like how DQMJ is setup. It practically pissed me off that they didn't go to full 3D. If the third game in the D/P triad doesn't have it, well then the next triad better because Pokemon games just seem dated right off the get-go these days.

-Game_Dude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Game_Dude-

They should make catching common pokemon a little more fun than just sitting there.... and Also make arena where your the pokemon and you have to find and battle loads of online people that would be awesome!!