what do you think nintendo has planned for its next console?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crankypinoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 crankypinoy
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
probably something unexplainable everytime they release a new console or handheld it's something amazing
threedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 threedown
Member since 2007 • 3256 Posts

i dont know what they have planned but what i would like is...

refined motion controls

better graphics would be nice

on-line chat is a must, come on now!!! thats the one reason i dont play online with it as much as the 360

and make it as affordable as this one, ill buy it in a second... although itll be hard for them to get alot of those casual gamers to invest in another system, it still amazes me, how many people i know who arent gamers that bought the wii, with most of the reasons being, its easy to pick up and play, its fun with groups of people and it was fairly inexpensive... they have the casual gamer market cornered, so im guessing theyll stick to that strategy, and not even try and compete with the 360 and ps3 style of gaming

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts

refined motion controls

on-line chat is a must, come on now!!! thats the one reason i dont play online with it as much as the 360

and make it as affordable as this one, ill buy it in a second... although itll be hard for them to get alot of those casual gamers to invest in another system, it still amazes me, how many people i know who arent gamers that bought the wii, with most of the reasons being, its easy to pick up and play, its fun with groups of people and it was fairly inexpensive... they have the casual gamer market cornered, so im guessing theyll stick to that strategy, and not even try and compete with the 360 and ps3 style of gaming

threedown
Really? That's your only reason? The reason I don't play online is because of lag and.....well a lack of decent online games. :lol:
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#54 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
[QUOTE="threedown"]

refined motion controls

TwilightSoilder
Really? That's your only reason? The reason I don't play online is because of lag and.....well a lack of decent online games. :lol:

The only game I get lag with is Brawl but I barely get any because I play with people I've added.
Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="threedown"]

refined motion controls

Lunar52

The only game I get lag with is Brawl but I barely get any because I play with people I've added.

I find that to be the only game I somewhat enjoy online.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

picture says it all. X2!!

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Nintendo will never release a console using someone else's format (Blueray) because they would have to pay them royalties. It's the same reason we would never get a DVD player in a Nintendo console.

Someone else mentioned they were working on their own which is almost equivlant to HD/Bluray. I would expect this to be the solution to this.

I expect it to be better than PS3/360 visually. I honestly don't think SONY/MS will take a huge jump either to be honest. It's shown in the Wii's sales that overpowered consoles don't exactly move units. The casual (whatever you call it) is just too big to be not taken into consideration. The same goes for the automotive industry. The Asian market snuck in with cheep decent cars, while the big 3 were dependant on non-fuel efficient v8's. Now they're playing catch up....

Again.....imo.... SONY/MS (mostly SONY since they launched later) will release cheaper consoles. I'm not sure about the rest of the World, but the US economy is terrible, People are scared to spend that amount of money, especially since we never prepared for the gas prices to become what they have. Terrible, terrible predictions on SONY's part imo.

Xalenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#58 Xalenite
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts
I just wish for HD support. The first party wii games have AMAZING art style but seeing it in 720p or above would be all I need
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Nintendo has to compete with Sony and MS in overall horsepower and storage... not necessarily surpass them, but at least compete. Nintendo must supply the next system with a hard drive and HD support.

The motion-sensing stays, but will be more fine-tuned and more complex. Online support should be much better next time around, too... hopefully no friend codes.

I do think there will be more controller options next time... the "Wii 2" might come bundled with a traditional controller as well as a Wiimote-like controller.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
The controller will be a gooey ball!!
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Virtual Boy 2 - Emulates virtual reality, but not in red and black. :D
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#62 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
Virtual Boy 2 - Emulates virtual reality, but not in red and black. :Dslimdave21
nope blue and wight this time
klarfis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 klarfis
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
Nintendo may not try to replace the Wii for quite a while. They're doing well without cutting edge visual tech, and the PS3 is aiming for a ten year life-cycle. So...why change? They'll probably continue to try to expand the audience for the remainder of the Wii's lifespan, and then aim for an affordable price-point with the next gen so they don't alienate anyone. Most people won't want to pay above $300 for a console. On that note, I do think there's a possibility (hard to say how realistic at this point) that this is the last generation of home-based consoles. Everything may go online to cut down on the "tech-lag" that plagues old consoles, as well as the size and storage problems of a home console. Of course this isn't guaranteed, but we might see a google games model of home videogaming next generation, if you can even call it a generation anymore. If the videogaming audience really does expand, it's going to push things further in this general direction, since it's hard to get everyone excited about a new console every few years. Anyway, what do you all think?
Zandri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -5

#64 Zandri
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

Mainly, i Hope they

Improve graphics to Ps3/xbox 360 level.
Better Motion sensing. when i swing a sword. i want the wii to know EXACTLY what I did. would make zelda 1000x more fun. none of this swing up and down to win BS.
Nibroc420

I wholeheartedly agree. I am so sick of people telling me that the Wii's graphics suck, because there is nothing I can do about it.