what do you prefer?Graphics or fun?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts
Wouldn't most people that own a Wii and go to these forums choose "fun"? It definitely is the best option, btw. For example, I recently got addicted to Doom, the Roguelike; a Roguelike, if you don't know, is basically an RPG that is completely comprised of ASCII characters. Sounds simple, but there are a lot of depth to most of them. The one I played was one set in the Doom PC game universe, and it worked really well.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

There's no reason we can't have BOTH. Anyone who says you need to choose between Fun and Graphics is just stupid really.

For example: Crysis, the most graphicly intensive game out at the moment is a lot of fun. Hell, most of the good PC games have great graphics aswell.

But on the Wii I'd choose fun over graphics. Actually, I would choose more games that had a good plot and proper gameplay over the mini-game collections and shovelware we're getting at the moment.

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts
I rather have a fun gameplay over good graphics ON THE WII. As for the Xbox 360 or the PS3 or PC, I would definitely want good graphics.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
It's not an either or question. You can have both or neither, also. I'll take both. Of course you'd rather have fun than look at something pretty that isn't fun, unless looking at something pretty is your idea of fun, which brings it back to the idea that having fun is the most important criteria for whether or not someone likes a game. In fact, it's the only criterion that matters. Graphics may be fun for some people, so the question should be do you like to have fun when playing video games, which everyone should answer yes to.
tacomonkey666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tacomonkey666
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
a little bit of both
Fancy_mudlaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Fancy_mudlaker
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I said graphics just to be a rebel. Bur seriously everyone should know the most popular answer would be fun, thi is a WII forum.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

To anyone who says graphics, I have one word ... 'Lair'.

c-joel1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 c-joel1121
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Both, SSBB has graphics and gameplay.
Avatar image for katamari_roller
katamari_roller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 katamari_roller
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
I go for fun. If you play games for the sole purpose of graphics, you could get the same satisfaction from downloading a screenshot of a game, making it your wallpaper, and staring at it for a few hours.
nintendo43ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendo43ver
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

lets just have both:)

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts
I prefer fun but Graphics do matter most of the time unless you want it all pixels
born2runak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 born2runak
Member since 2004 • 414 Posts
Well lets face it, graphics increase realism, which can make a game more engaging. But if a game isnt fun the graphics arent going to save it. When the wii came out I was very excited for it, but as time has gone on, The motion controls have been a big letdown, with most games using it as nothing more than a glorified mouse. Ive yet to see a game that has blown me away with its controls. These days Im most content to play my 360 and squeez in the wii every once in awhile
UnclePhilTMND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 UnclePhilTMND
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
[QUOTE="UnclePhilTMND"][QUOTE="nazkull"]

Yea the gameplay fun is very important, but when the graphics are better, its just more fun and more cool!

Xbox 360 and PS3 have graphics and gameplay, Wii has only the gameplay.

If you ask me, the gameplay of the xbox and the ps3 are even better than the Wii gameplay.

The wii is ``supposed`` to have an exceptionnal gameplay, but the xbox and ps3 games are funner!

Sonick54

I hope you're just saying that in order to make fun of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 fans because I refuse to concede to the fact that anyone could be idiotic enough to say that and still have the ability to type.

why do you refuse it? are you mad that his opinion differs from yours?

if you do look review wise, 360 does indded beat wii by a mile.

anyway, let's not turn this into system wars

Please don't mark me as some mad Wii fanboy who criticises people because they have different preferences of consoles. For one thing, I didn't criticize him for his opinion but for his logic.

Yea the gameplay fun is very important, but when the graphics are better, its just more fun and more cool!Sonick54

The poll was fun or graphics, not "gameplay fun" or "graphics fun" (whatever those two terms could possibly mean.)

Xbox 360 and PS3 have graphics and gameplay, Wii has only the gameplay.Sonick54

This entire statement describes the perfect mentality for someone who belong in system wars.

Besides the fact that nothing he said made any sense in the least, it's obvious that these statements would have only been appropriate in the System Wars board.

if you do look review wise, 360 does indeed beat wii by a mile.nazkull

That is completely irrelevant. I never contested that and it was never the subject in the first place.

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts
Its like a girlfriend, YOU NEED TO HAVE BOTH!
bohemian_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bohemian_bob
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
I can understand the "you don't need amazing graphics to have a good game" mentality, but new hardware isn't just about better graphics. It's also about more immersive gameplay. You could never have an awesome game like Dead Rising on the Wii, even if they made the graphics terrible.
SteveXLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 SteveXLR
Member since 2007 • 999 Posts
Both, but I guess fun.
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

Purpose of playing games for most people is to have fun ... weird poll... but why not both?Candy-Star

Because you can't have both with the Wii. You can only have one, and sometimes (many times) that's not even there. ;)

I think this thread needs to go to System Wars, because here it fails.

P.S. SSBB FTW!

P.P.S. For the haters, I've had more fun on my PS3 than Wii. Face it, there are higher quality games on the PS3 and 360. Call of Duty 4 or Carnival Games?

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts

[QUOTE="Candy-Star"]Purpose of playing games for most people is to have fun ... weird poll... but why not both?dewmandew7

P.P.S. For the haters, I've had more fun on my PS3 than Wii. Face it, there are higher quality games on the PS3 and 360. Call of Duty 4 or Carnival Games?

Thats true, the only reason i haven't sold my Wii yet is because of SSBB. Soon i am to get a 360 because my wii is sucking.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
Fun, however if you want a good game you need a mix of both. Seriously, don't ruin a great idea by giving it PS1 graphics...
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

you can't play graphics. Well i guess you can't play fun either. Whatever, oot ftw!

Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts
BOTH
good graphics adds to gameplay which equals fun..
i'm sorry but the question in't a very good one. 2 good things is better than just one. i prefer having both
Avatar image for Concrete-Jungle
Concrete-Jungle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Concrete-Jungle
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts
FUN hands down i really dont care about graphics even if there are bad i still have fun people still play N64,Ps1 & GBA games Because they are fun not 4 the graphics
fennec_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 fennec_fox
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
Hmm... How about having fun while looking at the awsome graphics?
wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts

Playing video games is all about having fun. Sure, the graphics should still be decent, but that's not the most important thing. If the gameplay is great, then the game itself is great. 8)

PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
In these modern times, I seriously don't understand why this question has to be asked. You should have nice graphics with gameplay, it just makes sense. If you are deficient in one aspect and advancing in another aspect, you aren't necessarily pushing videogames to the limit or to the next level. My 2 cents.
Wima5ter-134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77 Wima5ter-134
Member since 2007 • 640 Posts
simply put. fun.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#78 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
It depends
Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts
If it's not fun, it doesn't matter how pretty it looks. If all a game has going for it is excellent graphics, you're better off just watching gameplay vids or screenshots of it.