Uh oh, Silicon Knights announced a new Wii title...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/851/851720p1.html

Eternal Darkness 2? Let's hope it comes to Wii. They said "all next-gen consoles," so hopefully.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
2010.=/
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

2010.=/LINKloco

same expression...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

2010.=/LINKloco

At least they're being realistic this time... I hope. 2010 sounds so far away, but it's only two years. That's about right for a quality game.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
from what i've read, i don't think it would be in the wii. it just isn't right. For a wii game to be truly epic it has to be an exclusive. since it's also on ps3/x360 which are powerhouses and the wii clearly isn't i doubt this game will be in the wii and if it is it's highly possible it would be an inferior version.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JordanElek

if it is it's highly possible it would be an inferior version.lordlors

That's not how Silicon Knights works. If they're making this game for the Wii, it'll be quality. Plus they've worked very closely with Nintendo before, so they don't have much reason to just shrug off the Wii version.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
Wow, they're predicting 2010? Knowing Silicon Knights it will be atleast two more years on top of that.
Rickettsz0780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rickettsz0780
Member since 2006 • 152 Posts
yeah if they are working on it that long they will make it good for the wii, silcon knights does good work just slow drawn out delayed work
Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts

Wow, they're predicting 2010? Knowing Silicon Knights it will be atleast two more years on top of that.allnamestaken

Naw... knowing Silicon Knights it'll be pushed back to the Wii 2.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
How ironic a few days ago i was talking about eternal darkness 2. I wish it was going to be a wii excusive.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordlors

[QUOTE="lordlors"]if it is it's highly possible it would be an inferior version.JordanElek

That's not how Silicon Knights works. If they're making this game for the Wii, it'll be quality. Plus they've worked very closely with Nintendo before, so they don't have much reason to just shrug off the Wii version.

i haven't played their games but i hear that it's a very great company. What my concern is that there is a PS3 and x360 version. I'm not saying the wii version is going to be bad. If the wii version is compared to other versions i think it will be the inferior version because of the graphics,etc.

Like i said, for a wii game to be truly epic, it has to be an exclusive. All epic games on the wii right now are all exlcusives or nintendo first party titles such as MP3, SMG, NMH, etc.

It's just like if Capcom officially anounced that RE5 is also coming to the wii and that Capcom has been working closely with nintendo last gen. But think about it the RE5 Wii version will be the inferior version because of lack of HD graphics, lighting effects and other features that the wii can't do. Controls however will be greater for the wii.

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
Nothing to complain about here. Silicon Knights is capable of developing a great game for the Wii, so throw me in the "Party on, Wayne" category.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JordanElek
I'm not saying the wii version is going to be bad. If the wii version is compared to other versions i think it will be the inferior version because of the graphics,etc.

Like i said, for a wii game to be truly epic, it has to be an exclusive.lordlors

It'll have to be inferior in terms of graphics, but that won't make it any less epic. SK is known more for its ability to tell stories than anything else, and I doubt the story would be inferior in any way on the Wii.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'm happy with games like Tomb Raider:Anniversary or MP3 graphics wise. Even if they made a game that looked as good as God of War and it was on the Wii....and the controls were solid, that's good enough for me.

I payed 250$ not 400-600$, I don't expect the impossible.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Doesnt Nintendo own a part of Eternal Darkness? I thought they got some patents and such from the game.
XCrunner161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XCrunner161
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts
Its kinda funny how illogical everyone is on these sites. just because right now, the "epic" games are wii exclusive, doesn't mean it has to be wii exclusive. Do you even know what epic means?
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lordlors
[QUOTE="lordlors"]I'm not saying the wii version is going to be bad. If the wii version is compared to other versions i think it will be the inferior version because of the graphics,etc.

Like i said, for a wii game to be truly epic, it has to be an exclusive.JordanElek

It'll have to be inferior in terms of graphics, but that won't make it any less epic. SK is known more for its ability to tell stories than anything else, and I doubt the story would be inferior in any way on the Wii.

Oh i see then. I love games with epic stories. Thank you for the details. I will be anticipating this even though it's far far away from now. There are other great games to keep me occuppied til this game gets released.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lordlors

Its kinda funny how illogical everyone is on these sites. just because right now, the "epic" games are wii exclusive, doesn't mean it has to be wii exclusive. Do you even know what epic means?XCrunner161

yes a long series of events or a masterpiece.

large-scale production: a work of literature, cinema, television, or theater that is large-scale and expensively produced and often deals with a historical theme

long series of events: a long series of events characterized by adventures or struggle

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

If you think about it if there are wii versions of CoD4, RE5, etc I doubt that the wii will be a superior version or even a great game. what wii stands out from the others is its uniqueness and innovation of gameplay not graphics and features that require great graphical/technical power.

if a game is being made for ps3/x360, graphics and technical features are what comes to my mind.

Avatar image for OldSkoolGamer04
OldSkoolGamer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OldSkoolGamer04
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts

The Wii is most likely included. If not, the wording "all of the next gen systems" would sound awkward for just 2 consoles. They'd probably use the word "both" if that were the case.

XCrunner161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XCrunner161
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts

Graphics don't make an epic game. I was commenting on the fact that you seemed to imply that exclusive = epic. Sorry if you took offence.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lordlors

Graphics don't make an epic game. I was commenting on the fact that you seemed to imply that exclusive = epic. Sorry if you took offence.

XCrunner161

I mean that most if not all epic games on the wii are exclusives. the wii is so different from ps3/x360 hence for a dev to make a great multiplatform for all of these three consoles, they have to make another game for the wii that is entirely different from ps3/x360. I still don't see a dev doing this unless SK is really great.

Also, gameplay>graphics for me.

travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

[QUOTE="LINKloco"]2010.=/JordanElek

At least they're being realistic this time... I hope. 2010 sounds so far away, but it's only two years. That's about right for a quality game.

Bad Jordan! Bad!!

We're not cows.

JayGonDS89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 JayGonDS89
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts
how sad, no wii exclusive =\
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

Eternal Darkness 2? Let's hope it comes to Wii. They said "all next-gen consoles," so hopefully.

tobenator

YAY. YAY. YAY. YAY. YAY.

But, it may not be Eternal Darkness. Ah, who cares.

*goes back to happy dance*

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

tobenator

I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns the rights to Eternal Darkness so it won't be on any other console. When you finish the games it says"All rights, characters story etc property of Nintendo Inc" (not in those exact words)

DreganMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DreganMK
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
Pleaseeeeeeeeee .... May it be ED 2 !!
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#27 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
es2 might be good hope it that
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

ya or they can be like Factor 5 and anounce a casual game. lol I hope not. The only reason Factor 5 and Silicon Knights went to toher platforms was because Nintendo took awhile to anounce the then Revolution even to their devs so they had to get a project going and that meant other platforms.

So far Factor 5, Silicon Knights, and Rare have left Nintendo for some time or shorter and its basically been dissappointment for all 3. Rare basically hasnt made a game near the quality of Golden Eye or get Force Gemini in years. Factor 5 ended up with one of the biggest dissappointments this generation. Silicon Knights Too Human is already being called a failure and has loads of problems.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

I wish it was Eternal Darkness 2

But if it was it'd be Wii exclusive, wouldn't it?

If it goes multiplat that's just sad

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Sounds good, I hope Digital Extremes' game comes out on Wii as well Dark Sector looks really good.
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tobenator

I wish it was Eternal Darkness 2

But if it was it'd be Wii exclusive, wouldn't it?

If it goes multiplat that's just sad

Erebyssial

Who knows. Either way, Silicon Knights making any kind of game for Wii is a good thing. I don't care who you are.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

[QUOTE="lordlors"]if it is it's highly possible it would be an inferior version.JordanElek

Quality huh...so besides Eternal Darkness, what 'great quality games' have they produced?

Here's their rap sheet...

• Cyber Empires (1992)
  • Fantasy Empires (1993)
  • Dark Legions (1994)
  • Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (1996) (Sony PlayStation, Windows)
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (2002) (Nintendo GameCube)
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (2004) (Nintendo GameCube)
honestly, they have a huge hype for great work...but there isn't much there that proves it. Especially for almost being 2 decades in the industry.

tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tobenator
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="lordlors"]if it is it's highly possible it would be an inferior version.boostud

Quality huh...so besides Eternal Darkness, what 'great quality games' have they produced?

Here's their rap sheet...

• Cyber Empires (1992)
  • Fantasy Empires (1993)
  • Dark Legions (1994)
  • Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (1996) (Sony PlayStation, Windows)
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (2002) (Nintendo GameCube)
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (2004) (Nintendo GameCube)
honestly, they have a huge hype for great work...but there isn't much there that proves it. Especially for almost being 2 decades in the industry.

Look the games they did make though. After missing all those times, they got it right with two 'Cube titles. They will make a solid title, even if the best version isn't for Wii.

CFH90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CFH90
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts
I HATED Eternal Darkness, so I certainly hope that's not it. I didn't realize they were beyond Twin Snakes though. Whatever it is they're working on, I definitely won't be buying it out right. A rental will have to be necessary after how awful Eternal Darkness was.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JordanElek

Quality huh...so besides Eternal Darkness, what 'great quality games' have they produced? . . . honestly, they have a huge hype for great work...but there isn't much there that proves it. Especially for almost being 2 decades in the industry.boostud

I base what I said more on how Denis Dyack has explained his process of game-making. After I beat Eternal Darkness when it first came out, I decided to do some research on these Silicon Knights people. I gained massive respect for them after that, especially for Dyack and his work ethic. I can't really speak for anything they've done before Eternal Darkness, in all honesty.

But the fact that Too Human has been in production for so long shows that they (the Silicon Knights of today) aren't willing to just wrap something up too quickly and sell it as an unfinished project. They're not a big studio, but they have big ideas (lately, at least).

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

meh, eteernal darkness was not great due to any gameplay purposes, it was great due to a great story, nothing else
silicon knights don't excite me much

pmay007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pmay007
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

Silicon knights will make a great game.

I admit i only played Metal Gear Solid twin snakes, which i loved an still play, i even had the original version and comparing the two the graphics on the Cube one were excelent.

so what ever they realease i reckon will be great.