fergie1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fergie1979
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

I am having a tough time deciding which hand held to buy. I can get a 2ds with Mario Kart and Tomodachi life for £79 or the old 3ds xl with Mario or Mario kart for £90. My children aged four and five will also be using. We are going on holiday next month and will be spending a lot of time driving. I can either get two older consoles or one of the new 3ds or 3ds xl. I know you can turn the 3d off as it's not good for young eyes but are the other benefits worth it over the 2ds? Many thanks

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

get the 3ds xl.

fergie1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fergie1979
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

I think I'm leaning towards the xl but would I be better getting the new one? Are they going to keep making games for the older model?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@fergie1979: actually only a handful of games are for the New 3DS. I would get te XL in an eyeblink over the 2DS, the difference in price is minimal and the difference in screen size is abysmal.

michaelh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By michaelh
Member since 2016 • 40 Posts

I don't have any experience with the 2DS, but I own the 3DS XL and I love it. The screen on the 3DS XL is way bigger, and it's just a straight up amazing handheld. Also the 2DS doesn't close, which I'm not too fond of cause the screens are constantly exposed, especially if you will be sharing with the kids. As for the New 3DS XL I'm actually deciding myself right now whether or not I want to upgrade, as there aren't many new games for it yet. The only thing is if you like playing with the 3D on (not even that great as it hurts your eyes after a while, most prefer it off) the New 3DS XL has face-tracking 3D, which is much better. But ya in a nutshell: Go for the 3DS XL, unless you really want the few games that are on the New one, or you like 3D.