Trade 2 get one free

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts

Gamespot had a deal the last few days...trade two Wii games, get a used one free.  Luckily, the guy at the counter was cool and let me put it towards a pre-order, so I traded Trauma Center and Metal Slug for Super Paper Mario, plus I had a little money left over so I put that towards the preorder I already had on Mass Effect...good deal I think.

I'm a retro-gamer and fan of old games, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't like Metal Slug.  Plus I like Trauma Center better on the DS, so neither were really getting played 

MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
that is a bad deal, IMO.
TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#3 TheJuggla17
Member since 2003 • 16307 Posts

Typical crappy Gamestop/Ebgame deal. Two games for one.... *shakes head*.

LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts

TheJuggla17
and it has to be used
ignoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#5 ignoman
Member since 2003 • 992 Posts
Wha?  That's not really a deal at all!  They typically give you ~$20 when you trade in a newish game anyway. Remeber, Gamestop makes its money by giving you bad deals... giving you a few dollars for trades and putting it back on the shelf for somtimes upwards of 10x what they gave you (in store credit, mind!). I'd only use them if you either are trading them games that would be difficult to sell otherwise, or don't mind trading the steep pay scale for convienient access to old games that have been chewed all to hell by 8 year olds. 
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
it's basically $100 for $45.
rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
I got $60 for two dust collectors (basically the same price I would have gotten on amazon for both) since the deal not only gave me the free game, but it also gave me 10% for trading towards a pre-order and another 10% for using my GMR card.  That's two games I really didn't care for at all for Mario and Mass Effect, two of most anticipated games at the moment.  I'll stick by it being a good deal
TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheJuggla17
[QUOTE="TheJuggla17"]

LoeJance

and it has to be used

*shakes head*

I use to trade in games when I was younger now I refuse to trade anything in. For example I have an extra Xbox 360 Wireless Headset (Retail - $60) and a brand new Playstation 3 controller (Retail - $50) and Gamespot/Ebgames will only give me forty for both. Do you also sense something wrong here?

Also a buddy of mine went to trade in an Xbox racing wheel and a pair of Monster Xbox composite cables and they offered him fifty cents for the wheel and a quarter for the cable. Both of those had a value of near a hundred. This was a near a year ago though. Regardless they pissed him off and he walked out.

They are mental :)

Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts
And they turn around and resell those games for 44.99 and laugh as those sell and you got ripped off as you exit the store with your "Free game". Man I hate Gamestop....
hitman_killer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 hitman_killer7
Member since 2004 • 433 Posts
If you think that is bad. I one time went in to EB Games with my PS2 game, Marvel vs. Capcom 2. This game is worth around $70, a little less or a little more. I went in, everyone knows this is a very rare game, and of course, they were very shocked that I had the game, and they were just waiting for me to trade it in. When I asked how much it would be, they said the following, "You wont believe how much you can get for this, especially for a game that is used and has been out for years now, you can get a WHOPPING...TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!". I just walked out without saying a word.
TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheJuggla17

If you think that is bad. I one time went in to EB Games with my PS2 game, Marvel vs. Capcom 2. This game is worth around $70, a little less or a little more. I went in, everyone knows this is a very rare game, and of course, they were very shocked that I had the game, and they were just waiting for me to trade it in. When I asked how much it would be, they said the following, "You wont believe how much you can get for this, especially for a game that is used and has been out for years now, you can get a WHOPPING...TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!". I just walked out without saying a word.hitman_killer7

I know the Dreamcast version is rare but I did not know the Playstation 2 version was. Anyway, forget Gamestop/Ebgames trade ins.

gzmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 gzmask
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts
even the industry store are cruel about softwares. They make their money by selling softwares and they don't respect the value of softwares at all, treat it like a piece of dvd disk and don't give a **** to the code inside. so why the fu k should we still waste our money on these stores?
tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
the deal is 2 used games for 1 new one. which isn't that bad of a deal... you could probably get more if you sell the games on ebay though...
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 gesi1223
Member since 2004 • 2117 Posts
The ONLY game I got a good trade-in deal for was Megaman X2(I regret selling it, but i was 12 and idiotic.). I got $50 for it in 2002. I was suprised they'd pay so much for it. Everything else I got crap amounts for.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

that is a bad deal, IMO.MavsFan2007

Very bad. 

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts

[QUOTE="MavsFan2007"]that is a bad deal, IMO.Duckman5

Very bad. 

True, buit what im doing is trading in Far Cry for 7 bucks (i bought it for 15) and trading in Madden for 15 (got it as a gift) to get Super Paper Mario. So instead of paying 50 dollars i paid only 22. Thats a great deal IMO....
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MavsFan2007"]that is a bad deal, IMO.soulfood4

Very bad.

True, buit what im doing is trading in Far Cry for 7 bucks (i bought it for 15) and trading in Madden for 15 (got it as a gift) to get Super Paper Mario. So instead of paying 50 dollars i paid only 22. Thats a great deal IMO....

Well if people have your circumstances it's a good deal. 

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
[QUOTE="soulfood4"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MavsFan2007"]that is a bad deal, IMO.Duckman5

Very bad.

Well if people have your circumstances it's a good deal. 

Agreed, if you trade two games that are worth 25 dollars each how is that a deal? They both equal up to 50 dollars, so its not free...