Things you wish they never changed in Brawl

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anonymoussum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 anonymoussum1
Member since 2006 • 771 Posts

In SSBB, I really hate how much Jigglypuff's rest and roll out were nerfed.

In SSBM, I'd kill my opponents at 20$, now I have to get 70-80%.

And now roll out is weaker, and doesn't travel as far.

I want my rest back.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
No tripping, my one real beef with the game.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

The cool stats you get at the end of a match. You know the ones. like, in melee if you didn't attack throughout the whole match, you get a stat called "Switzerland" and others that see cheap shot, or first hit, or poser. i miss those. other than that, nothing really wrong with it.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
The combat feels slower or something compared to Melee.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
The combat feels slower or something compared to Melee.
petwoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 petwoip
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts
I wish they had kept the individual break the targets and put in board the platforms. After all, when I'm tired of fighting those are the first things I like to do.
shano100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shano100
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
they took out dreamland 64!!! and they slowed things down and took out l-cancelling. Also don't like tripping (what a joke) and the fact that everyone is so floaty in brawl. But nyeh melee is a totally different game to brawl in my eyes. I see it as more competitive especially for 1 vs 1.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
I really miss the bonuses at the end of the match. I still go for Compass Tosser, even though I don't get anything for it. :(
tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
i think it is too easy to unlock characters and stages. that is why i enjoyed melee so much; i would unlock a player and then play as him for a while; then that threatening *new challenger approaching* message would pop up and you would have to beat them, oh that was great. subspace was too easy to unlock everyone. and now i am overwhelmed with too many characters to pick from. i know i could have done it the old fashioned way but then i couldnt have played subspace. oh well it is still awesome.
MechaDragon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MechaDragon92
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

I absolutely despise the tripping. Many a match has been messed up by this unneccesary element.

Also, it seems the controls aren't as tight as they were in Melee, at least for the GC controller. One thing that always happens to me is I hit B-Up and it does B-Side. That screws me up when I play my main characters (Pit and Luigi)

Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
Tripping is really the only bad thing.
I may be alone in thinking this but the gameplay is so much tighter in Brawl than in Melee. I played Melee the other day, and I just couldn't pull off things with the same precision as I could in Brawl.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I absolutely despise the tripping. Many a match has been messed up by this unneccesary element.

Also, it seems the controls aren't as tight as they were in Melee, at least for the GC controller. One thing that always happens to me is I hit B-Up and it does B-Side. That screws me up when I play my main characters (Pit and Luigi)

MechaDragon92

I agree with you Mecha. I hate the controller change, they almost feel nothing like Mel. They also feel slippery. Combats 2 slow and every characters feels the same and items feel more cheap.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

MechaDragon92

I agree with you Mecha. I hate the controller change, they almost feel nothing like Mel. They also feel slippery. Combats 2 slow and every characters feels the same(all attacks feel the same and it does not seem like your hit have much of a reaction) and items feel more cheap.

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
I think that they made brawl a lot better than melee, I actually cant think of things that they shouldnt of done. The balanced oout the characters pretty well, now we see people with all sorts of mains rather than just Shiek Fox and Marth
WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

The cool stats you get at the end of a match. You know the ones. like, in melee if you didn't attack throughout the whole match, you get a stat called "Switzerland" and others that see cheap shot, or first hit, or poser. i miss those. other than that, nothing really wrong with it.icarus212001

I miss that as well.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

I dislike how they slowed it down.

But I DO like how they took out wavedashing and such, because that gives tourney players a slap in the face, maybe they'll learn how the game is supposed to be played: with items, and on any stage, not final destination.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Capital N, lowercase othing.

Brawl ftw!

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I wish they had kept the individual break the targets and put in board the platforms. After all, when I'm tired of fighting those are the first things I like to do.petwoip

yeah i wish it had individual target levels aswell. there are a couple songs from melee i would like and a few stages aswell. i also think adventure >>>> subspace.oh and the background is so boring compared to melee's.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
They were tripping when they thought of adding tripping.

The moon gravity sucks.

Why did they nerf Captain Falcon?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I wish they hadn't taken out Pichu. I don't care if he was just a weaker clone of Pikachu, he was awesome. I used him all the time.

Lux_Acerbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lux_Acerbus
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

I have just this to say about tripping: #@$%.

I think overall the game sweeps the floor with Melee. I find the fact that it seems slightly slower more puzzling than irritating. Once I've really had time to adjust to it, it'll probably feel just fine.

Am I the only one who wishes Wolf Link and Midna were somehow in here instead of Toon Link?

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WolfWatch

I have just this to say about tripping: #@$%.

I think overall the game sweeps the floor with Melee. I find the fact that it seems slightly slower more puzzling than irritating. Once I've really had time to adjust to it, it'll probably feel just fine.

Am I the only one who wishes Wolf Link and Midna were somehow in here instead of Toon Link?

Lux_Acerbus

That's a good idea. Mature link should have been able to switch into the Wolf. Brilliant! (really, no sarcasm)

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WolfWatch
[QUOTE="Lux_Acerbus"]

GabuEx

No; I'm of the opinion (as I've stated before) that they should have allowed normal Link to turn into Wolf Link in the same way that Zelda can change into Sheik.

I want to go to sleep and dream of it now. That would be pretty sweet. I wonder if Nintendo Dervs thought about it, or if they had would've they done it.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
A LOT of things... but the things added make up for it. - I wish I could control the direction of my air dodge - I wish the pokeball pokemon didn't blow - I wish Luigi's Forward Air attack (Fair) and D-air weren't nerfed - I wish people who were facing the wrong way couldn't still grab the edge... it makes my Melee Main's (Doc though now Mario) cape attack useless. Now I use Luigi as my main character - The KNEE was nerfed horribly :cry: There's more, but those are the my top ones. It's cool I can talk about this stuff outside the nonexistent sticky because I hated it and the Brawl board is filled to the brim with dumb fads and off topic topics :P