the legend of zelda ocarina of time remake

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrianX94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrianX94
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i dont know about all of the rest of the world but i think tht by the next nintendo console they should remake one of the best zeldas of all time... ocarina of time... if they were to remake this awesomely cool game with better graphics and everything what extras tht werent in original would u like to see... i think fights with ganondorf should be like motion cencored...
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?
Avatar image for Game_collector8
Game_collector8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Game_collector8
Member since 2008 • 860 Posts
Do we have it on the virtual console, there will be a zelda game coming out soon anyway on the wii so keep your hopes up for that.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Errr it's Zelda, I don't want to spend the three year gap between games waiting and hyping a remake

I'm not saying I wouldn't like it, it's just I'd prefer something new for obvious reasons.

Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Gregdawg08
Member since 2008 • 7384 Posts

Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?goblaa

No. TP was made from the OoT formula, but was pretty original and so much better. I hate how people say that.

But yes, they should remake it like they did with Mario 64. The graphics, gameplay, and challenges were all better than the oringinal on the DS version.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
No point in remaking this game. It's already on the VC and there is no way in which you can improve on it, unless you're one of those gamers who'll buy games purely for graphical polish.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
No, thanks.
Gimme a new Zelda already. TP felt too much like OoT already to me.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?Gregdawg08

No. TP was made from the OoT formula, but was pretty original and so much better. I hate how people say that.

Nonetheless, people have every right to say that. Specially when Twilight Princess was nowhere close to Ocarina of Time.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?Gregdawg08

But yes, they should remake it like they did with Mario 64. The graphics, gameplay, and challenges were all better than the oringinal on the DS version.

Too bad the controls were worse, making the game virtually unplayable for a platformer.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
Considering that game is on the virtual console, I doubt we'll see a remake.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

darn you stolre my witty response so now I will revert to picture shananagins

3 remakes, one having a somewhat different story.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

no it was called master quest and it came out 03

but none the less a OoT remake would be a waste of time since its avalabe on VC and nintendo isnt square they dont need to make remakes of old games constantly

dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
No thanks - we've already got Twilight Princess. Even the first three main dungeons were exactly the same concept. Forest Temple = Forest Temple (duh!), Fire Temple = Goron Mines, Water Temple = Lakebed Temple. Granted, the levels were vastly different in layout, but that's beside the point. TP was OoT Mk II, and yes: I enjoyed it. However, another remake of OoT (specifically a direct remake) would be a bad idea. Give me a new twist on the Zelda formula instead.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

No thanks - we've already got Twilight Princess. Even the first three main dungeons were exactly the same concept. Forest Temple = Forest Temple (duh!), Fire Temple = Goron Mines, Water Temple = Lakebed Temple. Granted, the levels were vastly different in layout, but that's beside the point. TP was OoT Mk II, and yes: I enjoyed it. However, another remake of OoT (specifically a direct remake) would be a bad idea. Give me a new twist on the Zelda formula instead. dmil1991

Let me disagree about Goron Mines. Having the Iron Boots introduced for another purpose than sinking was a nice change, one of the few in the game. And the dungeon was more about the magnet stuff, unlike the Fire Temple, although it could have been deeper.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No, we need a new Zelda game. Ocarina is perfectly fine as it is. Do you really want them to spend all that time for a simple graphical upgrade?
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
What was the difference between the master quest and Oot?
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The Wolf parts were so much better in the original though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ae44259036e8
deactivated-5ae44259036e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 deactivated-5ae44259036e8
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?wooooode

I'm glad the wolf parts weren't in Ocarina. Its sad the being a wolf is the most Nintendo could think of for Twilight Princess, especially considering that all being a wolf does is dig for bugs, and howl songs right out of OoT and MM. Twilight Princess truly IS a graphics remake of OoT., minus the character, originality, and fun It lifts nearly all the music, dungeons, and places on the map, and is a helluva lot easier. Midna, the new character really is just a mere dominatrix who is kind of cool, but just not there. I think the real Ocarina of Time is best left as is, and I personally think it is best for N64. Nintendo really just needs to focus on making a new Zelda game, and I mean an actual NEW one.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

What was the difference between the master quest and Oot?WiiMan21

Master Quest's dungeons are completely reworked, making them ideal for someone who's played OoT repeatedly and wants a new challange.

Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gregdawg08
[QUOTE="wooooode"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?tallicfan20

I'm glad the wolf parts weren't in Ocarina. Its sad the being a wolf is the most Nintendo could think of for Twilight Princess, especially considering that all being a wolf does is dig for bugs, and howl songs right out of OoT and MM. Twilight Princess truly IS a graphics remake of OoT., minus the character, originality, and fun It lifts nearly all the music, dungeons, and places on the map, and is a helluva lot easier. Midna, the new character really is just a mere dominatrix who is kind of cool, but just not there.

No. You're wrong. TP was a great game. It used a OoT formula(the 3 items then 4-6 items pattern), but was original in its story and in many other aspects. TP had no timetravel, no young and old Link, no kokori, and improved on many aspects of OoT. TP was very unique on it's own. It had great new sidequests, some very original and new characters, a combination of great enemies new and old, the ability to transform into a wolf, great graphics, great new music, and a very good story different from OoT. There were better bosses, some new items(spinner, double clawshots, bomb arrows, etc.), great puzzles, a lot more things to collect and do, and had an overall darker side than any other Zelda game. It also introduced Zelda to horseback sword fighting. If I see another TP, I will be very happy. It was a blast to play.

TP did not take anything but the formula from OoT, so it is not a remake. WW and PH took OoT's formula. Does that make them remakes? No. They're original too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ae44259036e8
[QUOTE="tallicfan20"][QUOTE="wooooode"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?Gregdawg08

I'm glad the wolf parts weren't in Ocarina. Its sad the being a wolf is the most Nintendo could think of for Twilight Princess, especially considering that all being a wolf does is dig for bugs, and howl songs right out of OoT and MM. Twilight Princess truly IS a graphics remake of OoT., minus the character, originality, and fun It lifts nearly all the music, dungeons, and places on the map, and is a helluva lot easier. Midna, the new character really is just a mere dominatrix who is kind of cool, but just not there.

No. You're wrong. TP was a great game. It used a OoT formula(the 3 items then 4-6 items pattern), but was original in its story and in many other aspects. TP had no timetravel, no young and old Link, no kokori, and improved on many aspects of OoT. TP was very unique on it's own. It had great new sidequests, some very original and new characters, a combination of great enemies new and old, the ability to transform into a wolf, great graphics, great new music, and a very good story different from OoT. There were better bosses, some new items(spinner, double clawshots, bomb arrows, etc.), great puzzles, a lot more things to collect and do, and had an overall darker side than any other Zelda game. It also introduced Zelda to horseback sword fighting. If I see another TP, I will be very happy. It was a blast to play.

TP did not take anything but the formula from OoT, so it is not a remake. WW and PH took OoT's formula. Does that make them remakes? No. They're original too.

Music, lets see, epona's song, song of healing, zelda's lullaby(tho that is OK), serenade of water, nocturne of spirit, and the song of time are just the Ocarina songs they took. Then, they also took the Lost Woods theme for the Sacred "grove," the theme from Zora's Domain and used it in....ZORA'S DOMAIN! They couldn't even come up with a new name for the freaking place! The Goron City music is the same exact music in...Goron City. Temple of Time's music used in....temple of time. This is just music alone, and doesn't end there. There almost IS no new music. Oh, who were the "original and new characters?" Link's dominatrix, Midna? She's not a real character, she's just an excuse for another Navi. If you think TP had more to collect, you likely haven't played Ocarina. Wow, turning into a wolf? that wolf can barely do anything. its not fun being the wolf. On the other hand, as young or old link, there's a much bigger variety of things you can do, and have to do, without being told by Navi as Midna tells Link. Navi doesn't tell you how to find the lense of truth, you have to know to switch back, and how to get there. The Well is more challenging than the dungeons in Twilight princess. I will say that bomb arrows are kind of cool, as were double clawshots, but thats all that is cool in that game. The graphics, yes are good, but the game did kind of get to come out 8 years later, when graphics were perfected more. Horseback sword fighting, yea cool. Still for the most part, Twilight Princess is just a fancy graphics remake of Ocarina of Time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5ae44259036e8
[QUOTE="tallicfan20"][QUOTE="wooooode"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?Gregdawg08

and the bosses were easy as hell in TP. I didn't die once during the first one, whereas in OoT, Gohma was harder than the first TP boss. The rest were all pushovers. Volvagia is harder than all of the TP ones.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Nothing original about TP other than the story and location, which act as a new shell for an old game. But that's a good thing considering how god the series actually is. We don't need all these remakes though. A remake of Ocarina of Time would be pointless in every sense. It'll never be as amazing as it was when people first played it on the N64. That is why it is a classic.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Let me think about it... No. We need new Zelda games. More expansion of the story, less rehashing like Twilight Princess.
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?Minishdriveby

darn you stolre my witty response so now I will revert to picture shananagins

3 remakes, one having a somewhat different story.

TP is not a remake and you guys are not cool, funny for hip for suggesting that it is. The only thing similar between the two (besides basic gameplay mechanics, which all four 3D Zeldas share), is a similar looking artistic direction.

Also, somewhat different story? That can be said for every game in the series! Seriously, there is way too much hate for TP. Nintendo went in the "dark/mature" direction because everyone whined about "Celda," then when they get what they want everyone whines about how it's "pretty much a remake." Saying TP is a remake of OOT is like saying Megaman 2-9 are remakes of Megaman 1, that is dumb. This is why I hate the core gamer (or any nerdy fandom), it's just whining, moaning, idiocy and jaded, snarky jokes that contribute nothing to the hobby they claim to love.

Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gregdawg08
[QUOTE="Gregdawg08"][QUOTE="tallicfan20"][QUOTE="wooooode"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?tallicfan20

Music, lets see, epona's song, song of healing, zelda's lullaby(tho that is OK), serenade of water, nocturne of spirit, and the song of time are just the Ocarina songs they took. Then, they also took the Lost Woods theme for the Sacred "grove," the theme from Zora's Domain and used it in....ZORA'S DOMAIN! They couldn't even come up with a new name for the freaking place! The Goron City music is the same exact music in...Goron City. Temple of Time's music used in....temple of time. This is just music alone, and doesn't end there. There almost IS no new music. Oh, who were the "original and new characters?" Link's dominatrix, Midna? She's not a real character, she's just an excuse for another Navi. If you think TP had more to collect, you likely haven't played Ocarina. Wow, turning into a wolf? that wolf can barely do anything. its not fun being the wolf. On the other hand, as young or old link, there's a much bigger variety of things you can do, and have to do, without being told by Navi as Midna tells Link. Navi doesn't tell you how to find the lense of truth, you have to know to switch back, and how to get there. The Well is more challenging than the dungeons in Twilight princess. I will say that bomb arrows are kind of cool, as were double clawshots, but thats all that is cool in that game. The graphics, yes are good, but the game did kind of get to come out 8 years later, when graphics were perfected more. Horseback sword fighting, yea cool. Still for the most part, Twilight Princess is just a fancy graphics remake of Ocarina of Time.

Music: Yes, many songs were repeated, but there are many other songs, and I don't have time to list them all right now. Some noticable ones are hyrule field, kakariko village and graveyard, snowpeak, all the boss battles and temples, Ordon and Faron forests, lake hylia, and gerudo desert. That's just scratching the surface.

Original and New Characters: All characters except the main ones in every game are new in TP. I would never use Midna as an example, however. I found the pschotic Zant the most original. He looked awesone, but was a real wimp. Something I didn't suspect.

Wolf form: I admit they botched this, and it could have been 5x better. I was just using it as an originality example though.

Lense of truth: Oh come on. It's so obvious when you need to use it, that's why Navi doesen't say anything. Anyway, both games are easy.

Dungeons: Zelda has always had easy dungeons, including OoT, so it doesen't matter

Sidequests and game length: There are at least 9 more heat pieces to collect, the golden bugs is pretty long, and the poe hunt is very long for a Zelda sidequest. There is also the magic armor sidequest, the bomb bags sidequest, and a few more quests that upgrade your arsenal. There is also tons of games to complete if you want to do them all. If you do everything, the game has a lot more to do than in OoT.

Items: I forgot to mention the magnet iron boots, the gale boomerang, and the water bombs. The gale boomerang was typical, but I found it cool they added a wind feature to it.

I consider TP pretty original, and a little greater than OoT, which is also a great game. But it's your opinion, and that's ok. If everyone shared the same opinon, the world would be a boring place.

KllrDnt7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KllrDnt7
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts

if they really want to make a remake they can do it for ds, and totally new and original game for wii

not like phantom hourglass - windwaker though, ocarina with modificated graphic, sound etc. and of-course with an original gameplay designed for ds

we are still waiting for a real legendary zelda game, exclusively for wii

Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts

No, thanks.
Gimme a new Zelda already. TP felt too much like OoT already to me.Sgt_Crow

so did OoT feel like LttP?

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts

Please enlighten me. How is TP a remake of OOT. That is the biggest overstatement I've heard in my entire life. TP is just a spiritual successor.

In regards to this topic, why remake something that is already perfect as it is? OOT doesn't need to be remade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ae44259036e8

[QUOTE="Sgt_Crow"]No, thanks.
Gimme a new Zelda already. TP felt too much like OoT already to me.Masterx1220

so did OoT feel like LttP?

Nope, not at all. They were two completely different games. Ocarina of Time had a ton of new moves, a slew of characters, items, and a songs. It actually had a ton of things that were NOT in Link to the Past. There was almost no rehashed music, save for the fairy fountains theme, kakariko, the pre-ganon fight, and the master sword pulling, but unlike in TP, when they do use old songs, it serves a purpose, and fits very well. The way the past interacted with the future is much more different than light/dark than TP. Ocarina of Time felt extremely fresh, Twilight Princess did not feel fresh in any way.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

Too many walls of text, Im just gonna skip all and say this:

No, Ocarina of Time is a legendary game. a once in a life time product. I think a remake will only ruin the legendary name "Ocarina of Time". When people say Ocarina of Time, I want people to think of the greatest game of all time not a remake that is good, but not have the same impact as Ocarina.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

TP is not a remake and you guys are not cool, funny for hip for suggesting that it is. The only thing similar between the two (besides basic gameplay mechanics, which all four 3D Zeldas share), is a similar looking artistic direction.

Also, somewhat different story? That can be said for every game in the series! Seriously, there is way too much hate for TP. Nintendo went in the "dark/mature" direction because everyone whined about "Celda," then when they get what they want everyone whines about how it's "pretty much a remake." Saying TP is a remake of OOT is like saying Megaman 2-9 are remakes of Megaman 1, that is dumb. This is why I hate the core gamer (or any nerdy fandom), it's just whining, moaning, idiocy and jaded, snarky jokes that contribute nothing to the hobby they claim to love.

Master_Hermes

I agree. Twilight Princess was everything fans were screaming for and more, yet they were still dissapointed.

iogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iogurt
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts
Nintendo might as well remake Majora's Mask. Then again this game is very hardcore and too difficult for casuals.
Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Calafas
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

TP a remake? Idiots much?

I dont want a OoT remake. We've had enough ports and Ive beat it too many times.

Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#36 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

it's a sequal (on some timelines) NOT a remake. It's an entirely new game...well 2 years old anyway

SUPER_FLY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SUPER_FLY_
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

i would rather see it on the DS sort of like Super Mario 64 DS

SN35_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SN35_2
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts
[QUOTE="Gregdawg08"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Didn't we just get a remake...I think it was called twilight princess?Boba_Fett_3710

Too bad the controls were worse, making the game virtually unplayable for a platformer.

The controls were fine. In fact i preferred them over the analog stick. I mean did you play the game with a stylus?! Then yes I'd agree with that, but the button controls were fine for me.

mgs_maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 430

#39 mgs_maniac
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

Too many walls of text, Im just gonna skip all and say this:

No, Ocarina of Time is a legendary game. a once in a life time product. I think a remake will only ruin the legendary name "Ocarina of Time". When people say Ocarina of Time, I want people to think of the greatest game of all time not a remake that is good, but not have the same impact as Ocarina.

King-gamer

Exactly my thoughts

Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gregdawg08
If TP is a remake of OoT, then OoT is a remake of aLttP. They both follow the same formula, so does that make OoT a remake? NO! If TP follows the same formula of aLttP, does that make it a "remake"? NO! They're successors. If your philosophy is true, that means every 3-D Zelda is a remake of aLttP except MM. They all follow the same formula. But they each have something original about them that makes them great. Each game is a seperate game, because each one is unique in it's own way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5ae44259036e8
If TP is a remake of OoT, then OoT is a remake of aLttP. They both follow the same formula, so does that make OoT a remake? NO! If TP follows the same formula of aLttP, does that make it a "remake"? NO! They're successors. If your philosophy is true, that means every 3-D Zelda is a remake of aLttP except MM. They all follow the same formula. But they each have something original about them that makes them great. Each game is a seperate game by, because each one is unique in it's own way.Gregdawg08
Ocarina introduced NEW CHARACTERS, NEW MUSIC, and NEW PLACES that WEREN'T in Link to the Past. TP reused and recycled almost all the music from Ocarina of Time and some from Majora's Mask. They barely introduced any new characters or new music. Ocarina had a horse in it that LttP didn't have. TP did not add anything new like that. Stop your **** already: Ocarina is way better than Twilight will ever be, and Twilight just recycles things from ocarina. ocarina did not reuse much from Link to the Past in music, levels, or characters.
harryone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 harryone1
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
i think that would be awsome i must of have spent 100 hours on that game but how is twilight princess a remake of that game
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
no, I don't want to see a remake. I want to see a new game that takes Zelda in new directions.
Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Calafas
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

[QUOTE="Gregdawg08"]If TP is a remake of OoT, then OoT is a remake of aLttP. They both follow the same formula, so does that make OoT a remake? NO! If TP follows the same formula of aLttP, does that make it a "remake"? NO! They're successors. If your philosophy is true, that means every 3-D Zelda is a remake of aLttP except MM. They all follow the same formula. But they each have something original about them that makes them great. Each game is a seperate game by, because each one is unique in it's own way.tallicfan20
Ocarina introduced NEW CHARACTERS, NEW MUSIC, and NEW PLACES that WEREN'T in Link to the Past. TP reused and recycled almost all the music from Ocarina of Time and some from Majora's Mask. They barely introduced any new characters or new music. Ocarina had a horse in it that LttP didn't have. TP did not add anything new like that. Stop your **** already: Ocarina is way better than Twilight will ever be, and Twilight just recycles things from ocarina. ocarina did not reuse much from Link to the Past in music, levels, or characters.

Lol, your kidding, TP recycled everything from OoT... Uh Oh, someone didnt play TP, did they?

harryone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 harryone1
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
oh i know that butt the storys different
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#46 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

No. We already have enough ports and remakes on the wii. I can't believe people are actually asking for more.

I bought the wii to play original games. I don't want the biggest upcomming games to be ones i already have for other platforms

Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gregdawg08

[QUOTE="Gregdawg08"]If TP is a remake of OoT, then OoT is a remake of aLttP. They both follow the same formula, so does that make OoT a remake? NO! If TP follows the same formula of aLttP, does that make it a "remake"? NO! They're successors. If your philosophy is true, that means every 3-D Zelda is a remake of aLttP except MM. They all follow the same formula. But they each have something original about them that makes them great. Each game is a seperate game by, because each one is unique in it's own way.tallicfan20

TP had ALL NEW CHARACTERS!!!!!!

THEY USED MUSIC FROM PREVIOUS GAMES FOR NOSTALGIA! AND RELEASED A LOT OF NEW SONGS!

OH, A HORSE? BOO HOO. People used horses in midevel times to travel! Everybody used horses back then. It used some old places because TP takes place right after the OoT era. Not much could have changed in such little time.

OoT is a GREAT game, but it's 8 YEARS OLDER THAN TP!!!! TP was very original, and in MY OPINION and MANY OTHERS, OoT WAS PASSED BY TP, MM or WW! PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS!

BTW, OoT used aLttP formula too!

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Speaking of the formula...it's getting pretty dead and tired. I hope the next Zelda game doesn't follow the 3 Dungeon--->Plot Advancing--->Few more dungeons--->Final Boss system.
Gregdawg08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gregdawg08
That I agree with. Change the formula. We're due.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
That I agree with. Change the formula. We're due.Gregdawg08
Just so that we're all on the same page here, when you say "change the Zelda formula" do you mean change to a completely brand new formula, or change the existing formula?