The Last Story, XenoBlade......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zynqu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Zynqu
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

ok heres something that pisses me off kinda. united states is packed up with tooo many fps games.... it seems the gaming companies forgot about the rest of us who enjoys a good jrpg. still saddened byogun no kizuna not coming to the states.... further more theres a higih chance of the new jrpgs XenoBalde and The Last Story not being localized outside of japan. this makes me wonder, what happened to the love for all of the people who enjoys a good jrpg?

anyways im gonna get to the point here.

im starting a petition that will hopefully do something in our favor. if anyone agrees to sign this petition and help out, all will be most welcome and appreciated.

Email me and ill add u to the list of names or message me here on gamespot

rpg fans unite! xD lol

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
But you don't know what is and what isn't being localized.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

No matter how much petitions you sign, neither game is getting localized.
Why wouldcompanies bother releasing games that would bomb in terms of sales? To satisfy the fifty or so fans that want it? Of course they wouldn't.
This is why we don't get more Tales Of games.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

The Last Story will come to the U.S. eventually. It's far too big of a project to simply leave in Japan. My guess is Nintendo of America is waiting to get the okay to announce it from NoJ.

Xenoblade is the questionable one, as it doesn't have any of the qualities that makes Last Story inevitable.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
last story i really want to come over here. i really need to learn to import and learn japanese.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Why wouldcompanies bother releasing games that would bomb in terms of sales? To satisfy the fifty or so fans that want it? Of course they wouldn't.

TheFallenDemon

Pretty much - the sole determinant of whether or not a game gets localized is the question of whether or not it would sell enough to make the decision worthwhile. Companies couldn't care less about petitions; the fact that ten thousand people want a game to come over does not exactly mean much when they need to sell way, way more than that to turn a profit.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I think The Last Story will get localized. Xenoblade not as sure about but I think it has a good chance as well.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Well I got both Xenoblade AND Last Story on buy order for importing. So I am good. :)

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
sadly most americans are getting bored of jrpgs so they haven't been selling as well as they use to but with nintendo its impossible to predict what they will or will not release and reggie seems to be a heavy rpg gamer so that add's a bit of hope to me that he will help get them localized
Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Both Mistwalkers Previous console games have come to the states so Unless it's something on nintendos side that doesn't want it localized I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'm hoping Xenoblade comes over, apparently it's still on their NA future releases list, and you can pre order it on amazon. I haven't checked on other sites though. Make it happen nintendo

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

GabuEx

Pretty much - the sole determinant of whether or not a game gets localized is the question of whether or not it would sell enough to make the decision worthwhile. Companies couldn't care less about petitions; the fact that ten thousand people want a game to come over does not exactly mean much when they need to sell way, way more than that to turn a profit.

ya but 10 000 means way more than 10 000. i mean hell surveys and studies are done on less than 1000 people a lot of times to determine trends.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

kayoticdreamz

ya but 10 000 means way more than 10 000. i mean hell surveys and studies are done on less than 1000 people a lot of times to determine trends.

That's because those surveys use a random, representative sampling of a larger population that thereby makes the results extrapolatable to the population at large. A petition is as unrepresentative a sampling as you can possibly get, being a wholly self-selected sample of those who monolithically agree with the statement to which they sign.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Neither are getting localized ever. Never ever for never ever ever.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Xenoblade has already shown up on Nintendo of America's release schedule so I wouldn't rule that one out.

To be honest I expect both of them to come over here.