Starfox 64 3D Owners: How many hours have you clocked so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I'm currently at 16 hours according to the Activity Log. I got the game shortly after launch and it's my first time playing Starfox 64. I'm pretty bad at it (can't even get bronze medals on alot of missions :oops: ) but the game has still been lots of fun. Before I got the game, I was a bit worried about the replay value. I knew the game could be completed in an hour but after finishing many playthroughs, its still surprisingly fun every single time. :)

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
About 5 hours had it since the first day :P I should play it more
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I've played for 7:07 since launch. I have 9/16 medals in N64 main mode and haven't even touched 3DS mode yet. For the last several times I played, I went through score attack and got a medal on each level in N64 mode (3 gold, 7 silver, 6 bronze). Some of those golds seem pretty tough, even for someone who pretty much mastered the game back in the day.

It's a perfect handheld game since you can sit down and play one level per sitting if you want without it taking forever.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I just got it yesterday -- 2 hours so far.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

30:51 and I've completed everything. I was so disappointed when I was awarded with nothing for claiming all gold in Score Attack. :(

I've experienced everything the game has to offer. I'm thinking of selling it.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JordanElek

30:51 and I've completed everything. I was so disappointed when I was awarded with nothing for claiming all gold in Score Attack. :(

I've experienced everything the game has to offer. I'm thinking of selling it.

thetravman

30:51 is a pretty good value for a 1-hour game. :P

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I have like 3 hours... and I don't want to play it anymore. Yay for the $40 dollar game.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JordanElek
[QUOTE="Rod90"]I have like 3 hours... and I don't want to play it anymore. Yay for the $40 dollar game.

Why did you buy it for $40 if you didn't plan on playing for high scores and medals?
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I don't have the 3DS version, I have the Virtual Console version on Wii. I've played through it at least 20 times. Do the math.

bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bub166
Member since 2006 • 2607 Posts

I also have the virtual console version, but I can't stand it due to the fact I have a crappy third party GC controller to play with. That's how I have to play all of my VC games and GC games, and it bugs me. The wireless is nice though. However, I'm considering nabbing the 3DS version of this just so I can play it with decent controls. Or I could get it on the N64 I just got. Perplexing...

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rod90
[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="Rod90"]I have like 3 hours... and I don't want to play it anymore. Yay for the $40 dollar game.

Why did you buy it for $40 if you didn't plan on playing for high scores and medals?

High scores to compete with who? There are no leaderboads.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="Rod90"]I have like 3 hours... and I don't want to play it anymore. Yay for the $40 dollar game.Rod90

For fun? It was known before it came out that it didn't have leaderboards.

It just strikes me as odd that you're complaining about the price even though you had to have known what kind of game it was before you bought it. It's been around for over a decade. If you're not into replaying for mastery and high scores, then of course you were only going to get a few hours of enjoyment out of it.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

4 hours.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

5:36

and i still have planets i need to play...

it took me that long to beat it on the hardest path..

im not going to try for the gold medals though..too hard :P

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="Rod90"]I have like 3 hours... and I don't want to play it anymore. Yay for the $40 dollar game.

Nintendo overlooked this detail among others. A multiplayer game with no online, only Nintendo.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="JordanElek"] Why did you buy it for $40 if you didn't plan on playing for high scores and medals?JordanElek

For fun? It was known before it came out that it didn't have leaderboards.

It just strikes me as odd that you're complaining about the price even though you had to have known what kind of game it was before you bought it. It's been around for over a decade. If you're not into replaying for mastery and high scores, then of course you were only going to get a few hours of enjoyment out of it.

It's a lazy remake... no online is so stupid. Besides, I would have never bought this game, my brother (who lives with me) bought this game.
diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts
Maybe 1 hour...and I've had it for few weeks now. Only completed two planets.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JordanElek

It's a lazy remake... no online is so stupid. Besides, I would have never bought this game, my brother (who lives with me) bought this game.Rod90
Ah, that explains it.

Remaking every detail of the game from the ground up, including a totally revamped multiplayer mode with new levels and weapons isn't exactly lazy, though. It might lack some features that you would've wanted, but that doesn't make it lazy. Say whatever you want about the lack of features, but a smooth running, amazing looking game can't possibly be made by lazy people.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"]It's a lazy remake... no online is so stupid. Besides, I would have never bought this game, my brother (who lives with me) bought this game.JordanElek

Ah, that explains it.

Remaking every detail of the game from the ground up, including a totally revamped multiplayer mode with new levels and weapons isn't exactly lazy, though. It might lack some features that you would've wanted, but that doesn't make it lazy. Say whatever you want about the lack of features, but a smooth running, amazing looking game can't possibly be made by lazy people.

while its a good game, its still unacceptable. Though i have read the lack of online was due to rushing to meet a early release. I dont particularly like leaderboards especially global ones i never end up high so its not a loss there. I still would love for some sort of achievment system for the Wii/3ds
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JordanElek
while its a good game, its still unacceptable. Though i have read the lack of online was due to rushing to meet a early release. I dont particularly like leaderboards especially global ones i never end up high so its not a loss there. I still would love for some sort of achievment system for the Wii/3dsDjmaster214
What would've made it acceptable to you then?
bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bub166

In my opinion, they added stuff. Maybe they didn't add what we wanted them to, but it's not like they took features out.

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts
I have played it for 9:52. I have 12/16 medals on N64 mode.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Dont have it :(
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"]It's a lazy remake... no online is so stupid. Besides, I would have never bought this game, my brother (who lives with me) bought this game.JordanElek

Ah, that explains it.

Yeah it wasn't really lazy. The game looks and plays much better than the original. The problem is that they didn't put any effort into making the game last longer. The original game is really short but at the time it was the worth the money because it was new and cutting edge. There's less excuse now for it being a full price game and being so short. They could have added new levels or given it online leaderboards or online multiplayer. Any of those things would have given it a lot more longevity and justified paying $40. Not everyone wants to try and get high scores for every level over and over again (especially when the leader boards are only local). It's possible the multiplayer mode is fun but there aren't really a ton of people with 3DSs yet so it's kind of hard to be able to play it. I bought the game just because I really need something new to play on my 3DS that isn't a DS game. The only reason I was willing to pay that price is because I knew I could sell it after I got bored with it for almost the full price.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JordanElek

Yeah it wasn't really lazy. The game looks and plays much better than the original. The problem is that they didn't put any effort into making the game last longer. The original game is really short but at the time it was the worth the money because it was new and cutting edge. There's less excuse now for it being a full price game and being so short. They could have added new levels or given it online leaderboards or online multiplayer. Any of those things would have given it a lot more longevity and justified paying $40. Not everyone wants to try and get high scores for every level over and over again (especially when the leader boards are only local). It's possible the multiplayer mode is fun but there aren't really a ton of people with 3DSs yet so it's kind of hard to be able to play it. I bought the game just because I really need something new to play on my 3DS that isn't a DS game. The only reason I was willing to pay that price is because I knew I could sell it after I got bored with it for almost the full price.AlmightyDerek
Yeah, I agree. The pricing of 3DS games in general is too high. I think it'd be smart for Nintendo to transition to a $30 or $35 top price point model. I would've waited for a deal or price drop on Star Fox, but it came out on my birthday so I kind of ignored the price when I bought it.

I think the real reason for a lack of online features was time constraints. Yeah, they could've delayed it (or simply had a later release date from the beginning) and put that stuff in, but when 3DS owners and potential 3DS owners alike are screaming GIVE US GAMES to Nintendo, I can see why Nintendo would sacrifice some features for a shorter development time.

And before people say "WTF it's Nintendo they don't do any online," plenty of Nintendo's DS titles had online support, Mario Kart 7 will have online support, etc. Online isn't Nintendo's strong suit, but it's not like they always ignore it. There are good, logical reasons for a lack of online in Star Fox besides "Nintendo is lazy/Nintendo hates the internet."

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I thought I was the only one that had less then 10 hours and have had it since launch. I'm pretty dissapointed with it to say the least :(.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#27 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I've only spent around 3 hours on the game and I got it a day after release.

bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bub166

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]Yeah it wasn't really lazy. The game looks and plays much better than the original. The problem is that they didn't put any effort into making the game last longer. The original game is really short but at the time it was the worth the money because it was new and cutting edge. There's less excuse now for it being a full price game and being so short. They could have added new levels or given it online leaderboards or online multiplayer. Any of those things would have given it a lot more longevity and justified paying $40. Not everyone wants to try and get high scores for every level over and over again (especially when the leader boards are only local). It's possible the multiplayer mode is fun but there aren't really a ton of people with 3DSs yet so it's kind of hard to be able to play it. I bought the game just because I really need something new to play on my 3DS that isn't a DS game. The only reason I was willing to pay that price is because I knew I could sell it after I got bored with it for almost the full price.JordanElek

Yeah, I agree. The pricing of 3DS games in general is too high. I think it'd be smart for Nintendo to transition to a $30 or $35 top price point model. I would've waited for a deal or price drop on Star Fox, but it came out on my birthday so I kind of ignored the price when I bought it.

I think the real reason for a lack of online features was time constraints. Yeah, they could've delayed it (or simply had a later release date from the beginning) and put that stuff in, but when 3DS owners and potential 3DS owners alike are screaming GIVE US GAMES to Nintendo, I can see why Nintendo would sacrifice some features for a shorter development time.

And before people say "WTF it's Nintendo they don't do any online," plenty of Nintendo's DS titles had online support, Mario Kart 7 will have online support, etc. Online isn't Nintendo's strong suit, but it's not like they always ignore it. There are good, logical reasons for a lack of online in Star Fox besides "Nintendo is lazy/Nintendo hates the internet."

But Nintendo didn't even make this... They had another do it for them while they concentrate on the AAA games. They could have required them to put online play in, but the 3DS just needs games desperately by this point. Or maybe, just maybe, they are making that new Star Fox game that everyone's been wanting for a while now...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

But Nintendo didn't even make this... They had another do it for them while they concentrate on the AAA games. They could have required them to put online play in, but the 3DS just needs games desperately by this point. Or maybe, just maybe, they are making that new Star Fox game that everyone's been wanting for a while now...

bub166

Nintendo EAD and Q-Games worked collaboratively on Star Fox 64 3D.

Q-Games was founded by Dylan Cuthbert, who was actually on the original development team of Star Fox, was working on Star Fox 2 before it was canned and worked on Star Fox Command.

They didn't outsource the title.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Judging by the negative posts, I guess we can kiss Star Fox goodbye. I've got about 6 hours into only because I've got so many other games to play, plus I've been sick for a while. I would've loved online, but it didn't make it and I can't blame them. That would've increased costs and the obvious point of the remake is to make a low cost, high sales (in comparison to cost) profitable game. I'm more disappointed with lack of stylus control, like in Command. I'm getting kinda peeved that most 3DS use very little of the stylus
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="bub166"]

Haziqonfire

Nintendo EAD and Q-Games worked collaboratively on Star Fox 64 3D.

Q-Games was founded by Dylan Cuthbert, who was actually on the original development team of Star Fox, was working on Star Fox 2 before it was canned and worked on Star Fox Command.

They didn't outsource the title.

Q-Games is awesome, though if Nintendo wanted to hand Star Fox out to someone, Smart Bomb would be a good idea (they make the awesome Snoopy Flying Ace)
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I don't know not much though, I just had one play through, & I was highly disappointed how stiff the controlling was.