Star Fox for Wii: =100% Airwing missions; ground/ foot assault or a MIX

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

huntervaneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 huntervaneg
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

I was totally frustrated with Star Fox Assault for GC; while Adventures (developed by RARE) was a nice twist but not exactly what you expect from Star Fox series. Command for DS was good but it couldn't be better than N64 version (in fact, any of the 3). Well that's my opinion, and it's a matter of tastes.

With this little prologue, I want to say that I would prefer a 100% Airwing missions, no Fox on ground (only in the Landmaster). However, what do you want? 100% Airwing missions; 100% assault or a MIX ?

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

STAR FOX 64 FTW!!!

seriously, they should make it only Arwing. but change up its abilities a little so the game doesnt feel stale

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

I was totally frustrated with Star Fox Assault for GC; while Adventures (developed by RARE) was a nice twist but not exactly what you expect from Star Fox series. Command for DS was good but it couldn't be better than N64 version (in fact, any of the 3). Well that's my opinion, and it's a matter of tastes.

With this little prologue, I want to say that I would prefer a 100% Airwing missions, no Fox on ground (only in the Landmaster). However, what do you want? 100% Airwing missions; 100% assault or a MIX ?

huntervaneg

Actually I think the Star Fox Wii will benefit from having ground missions. Ever wished you could snipe enemies with a Wiimote? I know I do...

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 livinitup01

STAR FOX 64 FTW!!!

seriously, they should make it only Arwing. but change up its abilities a little so the game doesnt feel stale

icarus212001

If the game wasn't so linear and had multiple paths giving in a few different endings the game could be better than Star Fox 64.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Starfox Wii

More flying, less trek

Do it Nintendo.

chipsRgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chipsRgreat
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
Agreed. I also thought StarFox 64 was the best.
4ort911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 4ort911
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts
I want a new Star Fox game like SF: Adventures, but with shooting on the ground and flying... but not like Assault. Something like metroid maybe (like Corruption, 5 or 6 planets, missions on these planets, with wlying from one to another with airwing missions) with 3rd-person perspective...
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
They should make a new starfox like Warhawk.

A mix of flight, vehicles, and on foot combat.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

Haziqonfire

not a bad idea, really!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

i want it to be like freespace with freelancer controls. if u dont know what that is then its an old space sim on PC. theres loads of vids on youtube to give u an idea. watch the intro to the first one also...with the volume up. great intro to a game.

but yeah..like freespace...with freelancer controls (if u dont know what freelancer is..blah blah blah :P). huge ships knocking the crap out of each other while u and ure squad....and maybe a few other squads.....kick the snot out of them and other fighters also.

with all the star fox lore now...its ripe for a game like that. i think the on rails shooter ala lylat wars and starwing has been perfected so they may as well move onto something else.

and no foot assaults at all....none...i dont want to see fox and chums get out of their arwings.

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
They need to make a new Starfox with only Arwing action and bring back all the voice actors and writers from Star Fox 64
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I think it will be a mix.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I would like it to be modeled after Star Fox 2, but of course heavily upgraded to make use of the Wii hardware. (The thought of Freespace-style scenes with capital ships everywhere sounds like fun!) Part of the SF2 influence would be the possibility of letting the Arwing transform into a mech of some sort. Who needs Landmasters, anyway?
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]They should make a new starfox like Warhawk.

icarus212001

not a bad idea, really!

Really like your idea. I love warhawk and If they make it make it ANYTHING like Warhawk, obviously not the graphics and art direction because it wouldn't fit anyways, I'll be one happy man, specially if aside from the regular story you'd be able to hop online on MMO-****maps yet not HUGE but big maps with a lot of people, all killing eacg other on arwings or anything else you want. With special maps with Arwings only and so on.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Haziqonfire

I'm Lord Omikron and I approve this message.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Man, I thought you had some link or something. Damn it, you got me excited for nothing.
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

i want it to be like freespace with freelancer controls. if u dont know what that is then its an old space sim on PC. theres loads of vids on youtube to give u an idea. watch the intro to the first one also...with the volume up. great intro to a game.

but yeah..like freespace...with freelancer controls (if u dont know what freelancer is..blah blah blah :P). huge ships knocking the crap out of each other while u and ure squad....and maybe a few other squads.....kick the snot out of them and other fighters also.

with all the star fox lore now...its ripe for a game like that. i think the on rails shooter ala lylat wars and starwing has been perfected so they may as well move onto something else.

and no foot assaults at all....none...i dont want to see fox and chums get out of their arwings.

osan0

omg....that would be SO EPIC!! Combine 2 classics and make an uber Star Fox game :D

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
[QUOTE="osan0"]

Sparticus247

omg....that would be SO EPIC!! Combine 2 classics and make an uber Star Fox game :D

eh, i don't think that would feel like Star Fox. Don't get me wrong, those are great games...well maybe not freelancer so much, but freespace is. But that's more like a space combat sim, and Star Fox is a vertical shooter turned 3D...and I think that's how it should stay.

I've also always felt like vehicle and foot missions were outside the scope of the game, so I wouldn't mind those being removed.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#19 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
Arwing missions with good veriety should suffice. Rather than arwing missions with crappy new gameplays thrown on in an attempt to make a cheap mix up of gameplay.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I think there is room for both the Arwing and Landmaster missions. Don't bother with the on-foot stuff.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
100% air missions.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
I think it will probably be a mix.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lunar52
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lunar52
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kittykatz5k

I think there is room for both the Arwing and Landmaster missions. Don't bother with the on-foot stuff. thebisonx

Oh yeah, arwing and landmaster! And if they can make another good vehical. Just whatever they do, they better not have him on foot again.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lunar52
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
I think it needs to go back to it's roots and go only Airwing, but I think it needs to stop being on rails.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I think it needs to go back to it's roots and go only Airwing, but I think it needs to stop being on rails.Skie7

I don't think I'd like Star Fox in All-range mode. It was fine for dogfights and boss battles, but in the end it would feel like a less-manueverable game.

Also, do you really want the N64 voices back? I mean fox and falco sound better, but Slippy? Are you willing to make an exception...

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kittykatz5k

I think it needs to go back to it's roots and go only Airwing, but I think it needs to stop being on rails.Skie7

You can't create as many awesome moments with an open environment like all range mode all the time. I think the DS star fox suffered a lot from that. Once again, I stress that veriety should be big, and thus many forms of flying the arwing can be created.

Also, old voice actors would rule!

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

[QUOTE="Skie7"]I think it needs to go back to it's roots and go only Airwing, but I think it needs to stop being on rails.kittykatz5k

You can't create as many awesome moments with an open environment like all range mode all the time. I think the DS star fox suffered a lot from that. Once again, I stress that veriety should be big, and thus many forms of flying the arwing can be created.

Why can't you create awesome moments in an open environment? It's all about scripted events, which can be fairly free-form to increase replayability. Plus free-form could make for some great online co-op and vs games.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kittykatz5k
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="Skie7"]I think it needs to go back to it's roots and go only Airwing, but I think it needs to stop being on rails.Skie7

Why can't you create awesome moments in an open environment? It's all about scripted events, which can be fairly free-form to increase replayability. Plus free-form could make for some great online co-op and vs games.

Gaming comes in 2 forms, open ended and scripted events. It is near impossible to get a game as well scripted while open ended as it could be in rails and strait paths.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts

Longer single player campaigns. Star Fox single player is traditionally too short. And the ability to save progress would be nice.

More branching stories as mentioned before. There should be like five ways to complete each level.

More free flight levels, like Rogue Squadron-esque missions. Also Rogue Squadron-esque challenges that you get different medals depending on objectives (primary and secondary objectives).

Online multiplayer dog fights and battle modes.

Cooperative single player missions both offline and online.

Master_Saibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Master_Saibot
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts
As long as you can do a barrel roll, it will be good.
fyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fyor
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

I want a new Star Fox game like SF: Adventures, but with shooting on the ground and flying... but not like Assault. Something like metroid maybe (like Corruption, 5 or 6 planets, missions on these planets, with wlying from one to another with airwing missions) with 3rd-person perspective...4ort911

hmm...starfox made by retro studios....nicee!

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
a starfox where slippy would get caught by starwolf and will be tortured...
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I think it will probably be a mix.Lunar52

He thinks it will probably be a mix.

EaterOfFood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EaterOfFood
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts

I wouldn't mind some landmaster missions here and there, thought the on foot action wasn't too hot

And I think it should still be kept on-rails for some parts, wouldn't really want to be flying in all range mode ALL the time, its a different style of shooting and helping your teammates is just THAT much more annoying...

But really, I'm fine with any kind of gameplay as long as I get to "Do a barrel roll, Fox!"

mushta88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mushta88
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
star fox assault had very fun multiplayer so i would love to have an online ground-based feature but i believe it should focus on the arwing missions. online co-op would be nice.
Flaming235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flaming235
Member since 2005 • 1949 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]They should make a new starfox like Warhawk.

icarus212001

not a bad idea, really!

Ala Star Fox Assault. Seriously, I did enjoy this game, and I thought, while it was not perfect, it was on the right track. Like, let's let the player get out of the Arwing or Landmaster, but they definitely need to be much more careful when doing so. I also thought that multiplayer was very good, if you simply went a little out of your way and found people who would try and enjoy it. With a few adjustments (Or quite a lot as the case may be) I think that a new Star Fox Wii could be a damn awesome game. I think multiplayer would be awesome. Imagine 64 players online, in one of the Star Fox Assault multiplayer levels, It would be epic.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Haziqonfire

Thats's what I fought as well, have that as a muiltplayer and then still have a single player though, but even if it's N64 length that's fine with me, all we need for it if it ever happened now is a headset.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
[QUOTE="Sparticus247"][QUOTE="osan0"]

presto7640

eh, i don't think that would feel like Star Fox. Don't get me wrong, those are great games...well maybe not freelancer so much, but freespace is. But that's more like a space combat sim, and Star Fox is a vertical shooter turned 3D...and I think that's how it should stay.

I've also always felt like vehicle and foot missions were outside the scope of the game, so I wouldn't mind those being removed.

i loved freelancer. it wasnt finished though...which was a shame. but yeah leave out all that trading and stuff..thats not what starfox is about really. im just talkin freelancers controls...which i think would work a treat on the wii.

im not really sure that the traditional star fox play has much that can be improved on though to be honest. lylat wars basically perfected it and so it would be more of the same.

if done right....a starfox built in freespaces image could be the greatest game from nintendo since metroid prime imho. take it off the lanes and u open up a bucket of new possibilities, online and off (co op campaign for example) and the wii is a perfect place to start. the controller is ideal and the hardware is there and the franchise, at the mo, is broken and needs some major TLC.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 livinitup01
If the game had ship upgrades then that'd make it better.
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
[QUOTE="presto7640"][QUOTE="Sparticus247"][QUOTE="osan0"]

osan0

i loved freelancer. it wasnt finished though...which was a shame. but yeah leave out all that trading and stuff..thats not what starfox is about really. im just talkin freelancers controls...which i think would work a treat on the wii.

im not really sure that the traditional star fox play has much that can be improved on though to be honest. lylat wars basically perfected it and so it would be more of the same.

if done right....a starfox built in freespaces image could be the greatest game from nintendo since metroid prime imho. take it off the lanes and u open up a bucket of new possibilities, online and off (co op campaign for example) and the wii is a perfect place to start. the controller is ideal and the hardware is there and the franchise, at the mo, is broken and needs some major TLC.

I guess I'm just a traditionalist when it comes to Star Fox. A new ip that has free roaming space flight could be awesome, I agree. Especially considering the different ways the Wiimote could be implemented to control it. But as far as Star Fox is concerned, I'd still like to see it stuck on the rails...but that's just me.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Keep it in the Arwing.
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
I'd like to see a starfox with more track and less safari....lol, j/k, but yeah, Star Fox: ASSault was not good because it was developed by freakin namco, I don't see why we can't get a good star fox from in house, online like star fox command's, that's not too much to ask is it?
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#47 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
95% Airwing, 5% Landmaster and a bunch of alternate paths!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
This generation would be a great time for Nintendo to redeem themselves with the Starfox series. Make another Starfox adventures but with more Airwing levels, less adventure/on-foot stages. But do it good! We need better graphics. Something that will take our breath away. I want to see a whole new side of Starfox, like never before. I loved Starfox 64 - it's easily one of my favorite games of all-time and I would love more than anything for it to do well on the Wii. Make us proud!
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 livinitup01

This generation would be a great time for Nintendo to redeem themselves with the Starfox series. Make another Starfox adventures but with more Airwing levels, less adventure/on-foot stages. But do it good! We need better graphics. Something that will take our breath away. I want to see a whole new side of Starfox, like never before. I loved Starfox 64 - it's easily one of my favorite games of all-time and I would love more than anything for it to do well on the Wii. Make us proud!Elann2008

But tell me how are you supposed to breathe with no air?