SSBB Must be online!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dopek
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

I don't know what has happened to people on this forum.

Less than a year ago, we were all sure about ssbb being online, now all of a sudden, people only think it's a rumour.

I can't even count how many freaking times I've read quotes from both Iwata and sakurai conferming that ssbb will be online, why all of a sudden this change of faith?

They managed to make strikers online, so they sure as hell can make SSBB online.

We have been promised an online mode for ssbb, yes we have.

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
they have only promised 1 vs 1.in my books thats not good enough.i mean this is the wiis blockbuster game,so the online should have 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 ranked matches.
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

I want FULL SSBB online, or else it just wont be acceptable. We can play Melee on the Wii, so what will make SSBB stand out besides the new characters? Not much. They need to get into the online market and stop worrying about underage kids meeting people online, something that can be much easily done with an instant messenger or MySpace.

Please Nintendo... FULL SSBB online!... although I doubt it will be. *sigh* Here's to hoping...

Dopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dopek
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

I want FULL SSBB online, or else it just wont be acceptable. We can play Melee on the Wii, so what will make SSBB stand out besides the new characters? Not much. They need to get into the online market and stop worrying about underage kids meeting people online, something that can be much easily done with an instant messenger or MySpace.

Please Nintendo... FULL SSBB online!... although I doubt it will be. *sigh* Here's to hoping...

ParkCarsHere

But why do people doubt it will be online, if we have been promised?

Ok, sure I'd really love ssb  to be fully online, but 1vs1 online isn't too bad either, but I can't understand why people all of a sudden think ssbb won't have online at all...

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Long ago people used to be sure, but it was never confirmed. I dunno if it has been confirmed lately though.
macca2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 macca2222
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts

People keep misunderstanding nintendo online:evil:

everyone keeps thinking that its only going to work with friend codes.friend codes are for (coincedently) your friends that you would prefer to play against/with. there will be a completely seperate part just for a bunch of random people that you can play against.

I can assure you there will be 4p free for all and 2v2.

nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts

so the online should have 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 ranked matches.lazzordude

Have you ever played a 2v2 match on fountain of dreams with all players being ice climbers in SSBM? the gamecube LAGS like hell and its not even online. So 2v2...is a bit too ambitious when even the hardware lags..never mind the internet connection.

ShadyNinjaMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ShadyNinjaMan1
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts

We shouldn't worry about SSBB being online! What I'm worrying about is if it will have all the same modes and such from Melee, and if it'll have tons of new items!

(and please, Nintendo, don't just make items that weigh tons to shut me up!) 

WizardsKeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WizardsKeep
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts

[QUOTE="lazzordude"]so the online should have 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 ranked matches.nexusprime

Have you ever played a 2v2 match on fountain of dreams with all players being ice climbers in SSBM? the gamecube LAGS like hell and its not even online. So 2v2...is a bit too ambitious when even the hardware lags..never mind the internet connection.

No, I never played the game with that configuration, but I honestly can't imagine why 4 people would honestly want to play as Ice Climbers at the same time.  I guess we wont have to worry since Ice Climbers got axed from Brawl along with Mr. Game & Watch *cry*.

In all seriousness, the Wii does have alot more processing power than the original Gamecube chip, so it probably could handle online multiplayer.  If a game like Mario Strikers can work online, a game like Brawl can I'm sure.  Even if there ends up being lag in very special circumstances, I'm sure most of us would agree that we would rather deal with the lag and have our game online, than have no online mode at all.  Online is where all the replay is, especially if you don't have anyone to play with at home.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

go to this website. now

smashbros.com

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
If they can put  Metroid Prime Hunters and DS games online with 4 player, I'm sure they can with the Wii
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

All though i dont plan on ever playing it online (im not an online kind of gamer) i will be interested on how the work it.

Like will they do Like MSCF, with Ranked Matches being Random and Unranked fights be FC only?

T3h1337Pwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 T3h1337Pwnz
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts
everyone here knows im a strong sheep but im doubting nintendo more and more now
T3h1337Pwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 T3h1337Pwnz
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

go to this website. now

smashbros.com

WllDan7

the site isnt even set up yet 

zstick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zstick7
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts

People keep misunderstanding nintendo online:evil:

everyone keeps thinking that its only going to work with friend codes.friend codes are for (coincedently) your friends that you would prefer to play against/with. there will be a completely seperate part just for a bunch of random people that you can play against.

I can assure you there will be 4p free for all and 2v2.

macca2222

I think you might be misunderstanding something, too.  We all hope and wish and dream about full online capabilities for SSBB, but no matter how much we want it no one can guarantee anything.  The facts are that, though it's showing more and more promise, Nintendo doesn't have a great track record for consoles online.  Also, nothing has been officially announced about the nature of Brawl's online play, so no one can really assure anyone of anything no matter how badly we want it.

lt100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lt100
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts
i wanna know there my F***ing wii headset is i dont wanna play online in silence might aswell vs the forking computer come on nintendo show us some love whos with me?
smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
I can't remember where I read it, but it was an ex nintendo employee, and he said that everyone at Nintendo usually loved their own games. Preferabbly as a religion they would play Melee. With the prospect of Online I think they would add it easily, I would be inmmensly surprised if Brawl didn't have online.
OnlineGama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OnlineGama
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts

I don't know what has happened to people on this forum.

Less than a year ago, we were all sure about ssbb being online, now all of a sudden, people only think it's a rumour.

I can't even count how many freaking times I've read quotes from both Iwata and sakurai conferming that ssbb will be online, why all of a sudden this change of faith?

They managed to make strikers online, so they sure as hell can make SSBB online.

We have been promised an online mode for ssbb, yes we have.

Dopek

LOL! i like ur attitude! 4 real ur right though...the pplz here we like "YEAH SSBB IS GONNA OWN ONLINE! ILL C YALL THIER!" now it slike "Im not sure if its gonna be online...doesnt matter if its online or not its gonna be hot anyway." WTF HAPPNED? we NEED SSBB to be Online or the Wii isnt gonna own like i want it too be...the Wii ahs the right games all it needs now is online...C'mon Nintendo dont be a FOOL and NOT make this game online...CUZ IF U DONT..YOUR GONNA SUFER JUST LIKE US! 

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

when have they ever promised it would be playable online? they said that it was too much for online at one point. it would be lagging like crazy. unless they cut out almost all the items and stuck with the really simplistic levels.

angel_down_147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angel_down_147
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts

i wanna know there my F***ing wii headset is i dont wanna play online in silence might aswell vs the forking computer come on nintendo show us some love whos with me?lt100

Im with you :P

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
The only "confirmations" are years old, and every time they talk about it they have nothing solid to say. How can we be so sure with just that?
theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
why would 4v4 lag when i used to play socom 8v8 on my psp with wireless dial-up with very little lag? they could do 4v4 with no lag.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

when have they ever promised it would be playable online? they said that it was too much for online at one point. it would be lagging like crazy. unless they cut out almost all the items and stuck with the really simplistic levels.

japanesegoth
in E3 2005, the VERY first bit of information we knew about the Wii, right along with it's looks and it's VC feature, and when have they ever said it was too much for online? :?
jordan5705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jordan5705
Member since 2005 • 146 Posts
I really don't want it to be online at all.  it takes the fun out of a game and makes it into more of a competition.
finalflame_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 finalflame_04
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
yea it should be online for sure..oviously but i think the issue of lagging has a lot to do with the new "special" moves that characters can do (seen in the trailer) i find it difficult to believe that in an online game with 4 people that the mario special attack would run smoothly, i think they could possibly be over doing the game because i wouldn't personally mind if they just made melee online because i still love that game. Since this is likely to lag the 1v1 idea is stupid in my opinion because the game is called "brawl" and typically a brawl involves more than 2 people, anyways thats just my two cents on the online
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I don't know how many times I've conifrmed the confirmation of online in SSBB. In going to go with an upwards of 2000000000000
great_fox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 great_fox1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Just relax