So...whatcha playing this summer?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I'll continue the quest to finally make it to round 20 with 4 people in COD Zombies. Besides that I think I'm going to finally download and play through Super Metroid, and I'll start a new game for Super Mario Sunshine since I never finished that game and it's been years. I was looking for Okami the other day at Walmart, but couldn't find it, maybe I'll keep looking.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Well yesterday I finally rebeat Viewtiful Joe so maybe Ill move on to part two. AND being a Zelda fanboy that has never beat Majoras Mask I'm going to do so. Hopefully Ill have luck playing the WORST Zelda in the series =]

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Well yesterday I finally rebeat Viewtiful Joe so maybe Ill move on to part two. AND being a Zelda fanboy that has never beat Majoras Mask I'm going to do so. Hopefully Ill have luck playing the WORST Zelda in the series =]

happy_dude64
The best, you mean?
afrodudeman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 afrodudeman123
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts

goldeneye multiplayer and conduit 2 when I get around to picking it up. Oh and maybe some mario kart

Boba_Fett86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Boba_Fett86
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I am going to play through Galaxy 2 and get it 100% complete. I will also be dabling into Monster Hunter Tri. I would also like to play The Force Unleashed 2 as I enjoyed the first one and the second should be affordable now. Other then that I will be tapping into a couple shooters such as GoldenEye and Conduit 2 throughout the summer for my shooter fix.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Currently I'm playing Residetn Evil 4.

But my main goal this summer is to finally beat Twilight Princess after 2 years of having it. I still can't get past the sand temple with the ghosts, and I really want to finish this game before Skyward Sword.

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

Sgt_Crow

The best, you mean?

Sgt_Crow is correct.

I will be playing Metroid Prime Trilogy. I was lucky and got it mint at Gamestop for $55.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#8 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I want to finish off the Metroid Prime Collection. I have about half the first game, all the second game, and a tiny bit of the third. Other M is also staring at me, but I don't really feel like putting it in my Wii ever again. I should probably also play Okami (had it for ages) and finish off Zack & Wiki.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
I like this thread! So far I beat Metroid: Other M and have been playing Mario Kart battles with friends. Aside from that we've had a ton of friends over lately and had been playing mostly Wii party, band hero, rockband 3, and just dance 2
i_vitali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 i_vitali
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts
On the wii i think i will try to Finish the Prime Trilogy, i finished the first game allready. I will also give Monster Hunter a shot. On the other hand, i have a lot of games on the PC that i really enjoy at the moment. I just got Batman Arkham Asylum, and Assassins Creed 2, Riddik Assault on Dark Athena, DIRT3, Dead Space II, and many more on top of that im still playing Bad Company 2 online, and now Duke Nukem was just released. SO MUCH TO PLAY AND SO LITTLE TIME!
JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts
Will be playing some Rock Band 3 and buying new songs. I'm gonna also play through some of the games in my N64 collection, because I'm posting my N64 on GameSpot.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
skyward sword *trollface* *waits for someone to realize why i said that*
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

Sgt_Crow

The best, you mean?

...not this again... Everyone knows the best Zelda is Link's Awakening.

I need to finish MadWorld, Lost in Shadow, Red Steel 2, and Kisuke's story in Muramasa: The Demon Blade. I'll likely be finishing them this summer.

Also (since this sort of topic is better-suited for general games discussion), will be going for a no-death run in Vanquish, do a full replay of Nier (from the beginning and get all 4 endings, again), improve my sniping and C4 trolling in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, get higher scores in Akai Katana Shin and ESPGaluda II Black Label, and hopelessly try to beat Demon's Souls.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Replaying GameCube games, though I'm just waiting for the summer Steam sale to get some cheap games on my PC. I'll probably spend the rest of my summer playing those.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Uhhh, too many to post. My backlog is way to big. But from the top of my head I can say: Fragile Dreams, Mario Kart Wii, Resident Evil Zero, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Epic Mickey, Guitar Hero III, etc.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
Replaying GameCube games, though I'm just waiting for the summer Steam sale to get some cheap games on my PC. I'll probably spend the rest of my summer playing those.meetroid8
oh crap not another sale :|
PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

I just beat and thoroughly enjoyed Metroid: Other M. Now I have to work on finishing No More Heroes 2, Epic Mickey, and 100% (or as close to I can get) Sonic Colors. I also just got an Xbox 360, so Portal 2 needs to be started.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WreckEm711

I just beat and thoroughly enjoyed Metroid: Other M. Now I have to work on finishing No More Heroes 2, Epic Mickey, and 100% (or as close to I can get) Sonic Colors. I also just got an Xbox 360, so Portal 2 needs to be started.

PoindeJ

How do you like Epic Mickey? I want to get it as its getting right at the ideal price point for me, but I keep hearing such mixed views on it that it makes it hard for me to justify it :(

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Gonna try get some platformers I think. Klonoa or maybe de Blob 2.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

Im gonna look for some hidden gems that didn't necessarily get much time in the spot light, little king story has my interest

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pills4louis

Im gonna look for some hidden gems that didn't necessarily get much time in the spot light, little king story has my interest

nintendogamer6

I'd highly recommend Lost in Shadow.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I got Sonic Colors for $17, so currently, that.

Though to be honest, I haven't played it in a while due to the eShop being available on the 3DS :oops:.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#23 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

Well, within three days I've already beat A Link to the Past. I'm now moving on to Ocarina of Time and will then play Majora's Mask. After that, I'll most likely finsih up Epic Mickey.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]...not this again... Everyone knows the best Zelda is Link's Awakening.Sgt_Crow
U mad brah? :P MM is the best Zelda title and one of the best games period.

Flip the Ms and I agree. :P

I think I'll finish Super Mario Galaxy 2, maybe Super Paper Mario, and I'll have to replay some kind of Zelda. But it's impossible for me to say now what I'll feel like playing later. If I get a 3DS soon, I'll probably be playing OoT 3D..

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pills4louis

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]...not this again... Everyone knows the best Zelda is Link's Awakening.Sgt_Crow
U mad brah? :P MM is the best Zelda title and one of the best games period. Ontopic: I'm currently playing some backlog on my 360, Final Fantasy XIII and Red Dead Redemption. Also replaying Luigi's Mansion on Wii now which is very good at triggering me into buying a 3DS for LM2.

No, I'm not even mad. I'm just confused as to why people love MM so much. I played it for a couple hours and couldn't stand it, just like OoT. I miss the good ol' top-down Zeldas, and Link's Awakening had arguably the best (and most challenging, though since this is Zelda, that isn't saying much) boss fights in the series.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sgt_Crow
No, I'm not even mad. I'm just confused as to why people love MM so much. I played it for a couple hours and couldn't stand it, just like OoT. I miss the good ol' top-down Zeldas, and Link's Awakening had arguably the best (and most challenging, though since this is Zelda, that isn't saying much) boss fights in the series.pills4louis
It's an expression, didn't mean anything with it. :D And you do know that MM is one of the most underrated Zelda by fans and critics, right? ;) What for me was so great about it was the dark and mysterious story, fascinating characters (Skull Kid) and epic/sad/dark music.
Flip the Ms and I agree. :PLitchie
Wind Waker comes as a second to me. :D So I have good faith in Skyward Sword since I absolutely love Wind Wakers style. To this day no other game has managed to impress me by graphics, not even HD games. And Wind Waker still looks amazing when you play it now, opposite to many traditional looking games.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pills4louis

What for me was so great about it was the dark and mysterious story, fascinating characters and epic/sad/dark music. Sgt_Crow
But if I wanted all of those things, I could just go play Nier again.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sgt_Crow

[QUOTE="Sgt_Crow"]What for me was so great about it was the dark and mysterious story, fascinating characters and epic/sad/dark music. pills4louis

Or you could just play Majora's Mask because it's heaps better than Nier?

Also mods, thanks for the warning and deletion of my message containing "u mad brah" in a playful and ontopic message.
Just when you thought moderation actions on this forum couldn't get any more pathetic.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
well I am for sure going to play Monster Hunter Tri as I am pretty much addicted to it. I want to finish playing though TP again and Majora's mask before skyward sword hits.... and I may finally beat DKCR.
nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts
I'm currently replaying Other M, after that I'll probably be playing some COD, Conduit 2, and Goldeneye. Of course I'll be playing Brawl every so often. i also plan on continuing MH3...haven't played that in a while.
PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="PoindeJ"]

WreckEm711

How do you like Epic Mickey? I want to get it as its getting right at the ideal price point for me, but I keep hearing such mixed views on it that it makes it hard for me to justify it :(

From what I've played (1/3 the way through, maybe?) it's not a bad game, although it's not super action-packed either. I found it a little bit slow, which is why I stopped playing it - I got it last Christmas, when I also got Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colors, so needless to say I stopped playing Epic Mickey.

It got some negative reviews about the slightly slippery controls and the bad camera, but I don't find either of those particularly bad. It's really just that collecting things and using paint/thinner isn't that satisfying a game mechanic for me - so far, at least.

It is a kind of cool and very unique game though.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

skyward sword *trollface* *waits for someone to realize why i said that*BrunoBRS
Cause Nintendo of Europe listed it for August?

Anyway I'm not really playing anything on my Nintendo systems this summer but I have been playing inFAMOUS and Little Big Planet so far.

But I do want to get Donkey Kong Country Returns.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]skyward sword *trollface* *waits for someone to realize why i said that*Nintendo_Ownes7

Anyway I'm not really playing anything on my Nintendo systems this summer but I have been playing inFAMOUS and Little Big Planet so far.

'cause summer only arrives in november for me :P
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]skyward sword *trollface* *waits for someone to realize why i said that*BrunoBRS

I didn't think of somebody being south of the Equator because I'm North of it so I didn't think of it.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]Cause Nintendo of Europe listed it for August?

Nintendo_Ownes7

I didn't think of somebody being south of the Equator because I'm North of it so I didn't think of it.

you're excused :P
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

I got it last Christmas, when I also got Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colors, so needless to say I stopped playing Epic Mickey.PoindeJ

epick mickey>donkey kong&sonic colors

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="PoindeJ"]I got it last Christmas, when I also got Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colors, so needless to say I stopped playing Epic Mickey.KBFloYd

Dayum, you got some wild ideas 8)
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="PoindeJ"]I got it last Christmas, when I also got Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colors, so needless to say I stopped playing Epic Mickey.locopatho

Dayum, you got some wild ideas 8)

They aren't really comparable. Epic Mickey is as much an adventure game as it is a platformer.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pills4louis

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

[QUOTE="Sgt_Crow"]What for me was so great about it was the dark and mysterious story, fascinating characters and epic/sad/dark music. Sgt_Crow

Or you could just play Majora's Mask because it's heaps better than Nier?

Also mods, thanks for the warning and deletion of my message containing "u mad brah" in a playful and ontopic message.
Just when you thought moderation actions on this forum couldn't get any more pathetic.

Both Nier and Majora's Mask have:

Average combat.
Monotanous dungeon-crawling.
Arbitrary questing.
An abysmal fishing minigame.

While Majora's Mask lacks the following, Nier has:
An astounding, unforgettable story.
A very well-executed New Game+ which goes even more in-depth with said story.
An equally astounding and unforgettable soundtrack.
Memorable characters with top-notch voice acting.
Truly heart-rending moments; you can actually relate to the characters quite well in their hardships.
Multiple endings, each distinctly different from one another.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sgt_Crow

While Majora's Mask lacks the following, Nier has:
Truly heart-rending moments; you can actually relate to the characters quite well in their hardships.

pills4louis

For me Majora's Mask does almost everything in that list better... great story, amazing soundtrack, memorable characters and luckily NO voice acting (which has ruined a lot of games for me), unforgettable characters and their sorrows.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pills4louis

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]While Majora's Mask lacks the following, Nier has:

Sgt_Crow

For me Majora's Mask does almost everything in that list better... great story, amazing soundtrack, memorable characters and luckily NO voice acting (which has ruined a lot of games for me), unforgettable characters and their sorrows.

Guess you didn't play very far in Nier. Lots of tearjerker scenes in the 2nd half of the game. So sad, yet so emotionally powerful and well-done. I don't see how anyone could prefer a Zelda soundtrack over Nier's renowned OST, but to each their own I guess.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sgt_Crow
but to each their own I guess.pills4louis
Indeed. Song of Healing > Anything in Nier and most other games.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pills4louis

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]but to each their own I guess.Sgt_Crow
Indeed. Song of Healing > Anything in Nier and most other games.

Again, opinions. I completely forgot how it went until you reminded me that the tune existed in the first place. Meanwhile, in my opinion, "Song of the Ancients / Fate," "The Ultimate Weapon," "Emil / Sacrifice," and "Kaine / Salvation" are the four most beautiful tracks in video gaming.

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts
Well this summer I probably won't be playing any wii games unless Skyward Sword just mysteriously comes out :P. I'll probably buy a couple games from the steam sales and play those.
MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts

I have been working through my "Bucket List". I finished off Sam & Max: Season One along with the single-player campaign in Conduit 2. Now I am going through Little King's Story, Super Mario Bros. and Worms: Battle Islands. I plan on buying de Blob 2, Cursed Mountain, House of the Dead and many others I just haven't got around to.

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

nintendogamer6

Yes.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="nintendogamer6"]

OniStrat

Yes.

Eh, I had it for a while but sold it. It was a little too simplistic and "sit back and watch" during combat for me. Absolutely fantastic visual design though, that little game is beautiful
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

Right now playing Crysis and Red Alert 3 (coop with GF) on our PCs.. Other stuff too, but those are the ones we are Doing now.

We just bought a GC, in prep for the WiiU. (don't have a Wii) We bought the Zelda Collectors disc, as well as Metal Gear Twin Snakes (want to play through the entire MGS series with her, So Will more than likely have to get a PS3 in the future, but after the WiiU comes out, when the PS3 has another price cut.. and it will)

Also have a sub to gamefly, where we are renting Resident Evil zero, 2, and 3 (already beat the first with her) As well as Zelda WindWaker...

This is what we will spend most of our Summer going through.. Zelda (seeing as how there are 4 on the disc, and we are also renting WindWaker, all that Zelda should easily last us until Fall/Winter, She also has Link to the past on her GBA, Which we will also get the gameboy player for the GC to play that one together as well)

Gorillanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gorillanator
Member since 2009 • 867 Posts

I will be playing Sin and Punishment 2 as soon as it arrives. I also hope to play Sonic Colors at some time during the summer.