SONIC UNLEASHED-Wolf teaser

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lilZOoLu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 lilZOoLu
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zSw4lCjJBe8&feature=related

sonics wolf from

Nes705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nes705
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts
hmmm interesting
Avatar image for TheLordRagnarok
TheLordRagnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheLordRagnarok
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

Seen it, but I'm still gunna say it...

Oh my God. This game is doomed.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
bleh... this game is already doing things I know I'll hate. :| Though I wonder if we'll get to see Sonic's bare hands because once the gloves rip off, he can't just instantly have them back again. I'll buy the game for the sole reason of seeing what happens :P
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

1 - Freakin' old.

2 - People are jumping on conclusion too fast. Let's see werewolf gameplay first then judge.

lilZOoLu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lilZOoLu
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
m_machine024

1 - Freakin' old.

2 - People are jumping on conclusion too fast. Let's see werewolf gameplay first then judge.

the thing i dont get is sonic is a hedchog not a wolf wtf were tey thinking

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
m_machine024

1 - Freakin' old.

lilZOoLu
Lool i know! But i'm getting this game =>, it looks good and people can't judge this game really because its to early... =/!
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
m_machine024

1 - Freakin' old.

lilZOoLu
Yeah... let's just say I get a negative vibe from that. lol It's definitly wieird. But gameplay wise could be different. Let's just wait and see.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

Couldn't have you picked a better one like a gameplay trailer. I didn't see much point in all the animation put into that. No offense on your taste though.

And also Lizoo or whatever... The wolf could easily be a boss like Erazor Gjinn off Secret Rings

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
Can't wait for the in-game wolf footage!:)
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
does he go to the twilight world and save princess Amy too?
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 grahamx
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts
This is so lame. Seriously, Sonic is a bloody Hedgehof, not a wolf. Sega needs to think of something better than that. Just make it a bloody 2D platformer like the origionals, and make it have HD visuals, and add some other gimmick that isn't over done and annoying.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
wolf thing might not be so bad. i'll have to wait and see
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

Couldn't have you picked a better one like a gameplay trailer. I didn't see much point in all the animation put into that. No offense on your taste though.

And also Lizoo or whatever... The wolf could easily be a boss like Erazor Gjinn off Secret Rings

GamerBoy53

OK, Never mind. Sonic is the wolf. I watched it again and looked around Youtube more and so I believe you now

And also... Sega probably only put in the wolf as an attempt to overcome Twilight Princess with the same idea. At least thats what I think.

brawl_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brawl_96
Member since 2008 • 3953 Posts

GamerBoy53

good point on boss

and if u go 2 da website it doesnt show the wolf so it could be fake and good point that he is a hedgehog not a wolf but if 4 some reason he is real i would get it

machod_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 machod_19
Member since 2007 • 523 Posts
Maybe the wolf is sonics' bad side, when he gets angry he turns into a hairy hedghog. That's probobly were they get the name "UNLEASHED"
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Here is what the game looks like. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjz1nOw2fwU&feature=related
nnfnnfnfnnfnnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nnfnnfnfnnfnnf
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

does he go to the twilight world and save princess Amy too?air_wolf_cubed

Yeah I was thining the exact same thing. Some originality would be nice!

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Eh, I've never been much for game trailers/teasers that don't include actual gameplay. Sega has always been good at CG cutscenes, so this doesn't really say anything about whether or not the game itself is going to be good.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
first mortal kombat vs dc now a wolf in sonic? i am speechless :|
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kLNnieGpY&feature=related
Metal-Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Metal-Guard
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yawn, I don't know about this yet.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

Sega Member 1: This whole sonic thing is getting kind of stale. What do you think it would take to make our games fresh again?

Sega Member 2: Maybe Sonic could change into a Wolf!

Sega Member 1: great idea! Hey it worked in Twilight Princess, Nintendo fans dig the whole being a wolf thing right. Besides thats what made Legend of Zelda for the Wii so awesome.

Sega Member 3: Then why don't you just call him Sonic the wolf? I mean he is a hedgehog right? Whats next are we gonna have Dr. Eggman morphing into a Giant Pig?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts
Im sorry but the werewolf idea is so uninspired and unoriginal. Zelda:TP did it but it made sense for Link its not gonna make sense for a headgehog. Anyway I hope this game is fun and they have significant 3d parts to it not just a bunch of 2d segements with sprinkles of 3d. I WANT to see a real 3d sonic game.
RockstarDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RockstarDX
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

What the heck, how does it make more sense with Link then Sonic?

Anyway, you guys are jumping to conclusions. If you guys keep doing that, you're not really giving this game this chance. Wait for some game footage of the wolf and watch it and THEN you can judge. You might actually like it.

And remember, TP did NOT originate the wolf idea. Did NOT.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cyber-

What the heck, how does it make more sense with Link then Sonic?

Anyway, you guys are jumping to conclusions. If you guys keep doing that, you're not really giving this game this chance. Wait for some game footage of the wolf and watch it and THEN you can judge. You might actually like it.

And remember, TP did NOT originate the wolf idea. Did NOT.

RockstarDX

I know it did not originate it but at least it made sense and fit into the borders of "reasonable." It fit well into the Zelda universe.

A headgehog, Sonic no less, is now going to be a werewolf. We know what Sonic is about but this is not it. I never said it wouldnt be a good game but this certainly is not a high point.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GabuEx

I know it did not originate it but at least it made sense and fit into the borders of "reasonable." It fit well into the Zelda universe.

A headgehog, Sonic no less, is now going to be a werewolf. We know what Sonic is about but this is not it. I never said it wouldnt be a good game but this certainly is not a high point.

Cyber-

Well, hedgehogs also usually aren't blue, bipedal, and capable of running at supersonic speeds, so it seems to me that compared to the suspension of disbelief to be able to go that far, lycanthropy isn't so bad.

Really, I think how much something "works" depends on how it's implemented, not necessarily on the idea itself. I've seen dumber ideas lead to greatness in the past. I mean, in Mario games, you've got a plumber jumping on turtles to save a princess in a land inhabited by mushroom people. Do we care? No.

Avatar image for Symphonia_Zelos
Symphonia_Zelos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Symphonia_Zelos
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

how does a hedgehog turn into a wolf?

seriously

i still might buy it though

i've bought like very sonic game EVER

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
WOW! that tells me absolutely nothing about wolf sonic.

nice teaser.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

seriously

i still might buy it though

i've bought like very sonic game EVER

Symphonia_Zelos

how does a human turn it into a wolf

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GabuEx

Symphonia_Zelos

How does a hedgehog run at Mach 1?

I'm really not sure why people are taking such issue with the idea of a hedgehog turning into a werewolf when we're fine with a blue bipedal hedgehog. :P

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

GabuEx

Well, hedgehogs also usually aren't blue, bipedal, and capable of running at supersonic speeds, so it seems to me that compared to the suspension of disbelief to be able to go that far, lycanthropy isn't so bad.

Really, I think how much something "works" depends on how it's implemented, not necessarily on the idea itself. I've seen dumber ideas lead to greatness in the past. I mean, in Mario games, you've got a plumber jumping on turtles to save a princess in a land inhabited by mushroom people. Do we care? No.

Ya I know but its what they have well established throughout the years. It just doesnt work well from this point of view(who knows it may be the ing to get Sonic back on track). It does not fit with what has made Sonic. Im not talking about realism but what the reality of this character is.

Like I said, I never said this would ruin this upcoming sonic, if this game is not good its going to be the same reason that has plagued Sonic games for years, either they are not compelling anymore from 2d or they do 3d bad. If Sega can make both significant in this game then there is hope. Also, Maio=/=Sonic. Mario is the god of the gaming world and is virtually universal and pretty much can be aplied to any genre and accel at it. Sonic has limited confines as we are reminded whenever something wacky releases.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GabuEx

Ya I know but its what they have well established throughout the years. It just doesnt work well from this point of view(who knows it may be the ing to get Sonic back on track). It does not fit with what has made Sonic. Im not talking about realism but what the reality of this character is.

Like I said, I never said this would ruin this upcoming sonic, if this game is not good its going to be the same reason that has plagued Sonic games for years, either they are not compelling anymore from 2d or they do 3d bad. If Sega can make both significant in this game then there is hope. Also, Maio=/=Sonic. Mario is the god of the gaming world and is virtually universal and pretty much can be aplied to any genre and accel at it. Sonic has limited confines as we are reminded whenever something wacky releases.

Cyber-

I know that Sonic isn't Mario. All I was saying is that, when it comes right down to it, the premise of Mario is quite possibly one of the dumbest and nonsensical things that anyone has ever come up with. But that's the beauty of video games: it doesn't necessarily have to make sense or fit in with anything to be fun.

I recognize that this new thing does not fit in what has previously been seen in the Sonic universe. But is that such a bad thing? Sticking to what we already have with Sonic has turned up dud after dud from Sega, so it seems to me that something completely new should be welcomed. Super Mario RPG for the SNES had entire reams of stuff added in that had never been present in a Mario game before, but they worked just fine.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

GabuEx

I know that Sonic isn't Mario. All I was saying is that, when it comes right down to it, the premise of Mario is quite possibly one of the dumbest and nonsensical things that anyone has ever come up with. But that's the beauty of video games: it doesn't necessarily have to make sense or fit in with anything to be fun.

I recognize that this new thing does not fit in what has previously been seen in the Sonic universe. But is that such a bad thing? Sticking to what we already have with Sonic has turned up dud after dud from Sega, so it seems to me that something completely new should be welcomed. Super Mario RPG for the SNES had entire reams of stuff added in that had never been present in a Mario game before, but they worked just fine.

Yes, crazy ideas sometimes are genious but they dont get there by themselves. Mario is so great because of how well the games are structured and the amazing execution that goes with them; the craziness is just icing on the giant cake. looking at it less conceptual, Mario trailblazed platforming with 2d and then even more so with 3d, being a plumber that kicks ass just comes with the package.

If you look at what Sega has tried with Sonic that was out of the ordinary boundries of normal(for the Sonic universe) its mostly failed not because it was weird but because things like the camera were way off or Sonic was too loosely controlled. Look at Sega Superstar Tennis, they tried doing what we are talking about there and it failed because its basic structure sucked and was a bad Tennis game.

Beyond that what mario goes into also is taken with care. Look he goes into Soccer and they really nicely splice him into that world. Mario translates well with whatever he is in from a style standpoint. He is more universal than Sonic and it just makes sense.

Still I am bashing this werewolf idea, but it could end up being great. But throwing him in arabian nights and turning him into werewolfs is not gonna save him and it does not please the Sega fanbase any more than previous mess ups in the series.

Avatar image for TheLordRagnarok
TheLordRagnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheLordRagnarok
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

GabuEx

It's not so much as the concept that's the problem... Wolves can run pretty damn fast too... I'm just worried about the gameplay. I honestly can't see how a werewolf can match up with the same gameplay as an abnormally speedy, anthropomorphic hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog (360/PS3) had a great idea - Transporting Sonic and his pals to the human world (It worked in Sonic X) - But the idea was completely destroyed by awful sound, voice acting, story, blah, blah, blah... But mostly it was gameplay (And the abysmal ending) that made it an unplayable mess. Same goes for Shadow the Hedgehog, and even Secret Rings (Though very only very slightly).

Case in point, I'm not really screaming "ZoMG Sega haz mad sonic teh wolf!1!! Teh gam is d00med!!!1!1one!!". It could be a greater game idea than Portal. But if the gameplay sucks, what's the point?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cyber-

If they want to introduce something new and creative why not something more apporpriate? Like if they wanted to do a basically just as fast mean strong Sonic why not make it fitting to the universe it plays in? For example Sonic falls into some chemicals and he has a dual nature when he turns into the darker form of himself(more aggressive and dark perspective and dark color bla blah blah) or Dr. Eggman messes up time and space and the evil side of Sonic comes out of him every so often. See its the same idea but more fitting to the setting.

Besides that the whole yin yang two natures idea is so uninspired. They did it in LoZ:TP and mP3 and it just wasnt a cool part of the games. I mean the games themselves so good it did not matter but seeing the 'opposite' side of them wasnt that meaningful at this point.

As for Sonic X I know many Sonic fans cannot stand that TV series. It takes a backseat ride of the Sonic world and most of the time you see the world from the annoying characters like Chris or Amy. Also arent they making another season soon?

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts
Why not a dragon or something. I mean a rabid hedgehog would be fine... I would rather Sega introduce a new wolf character rather than sonic transform. The problem is that once they institute these ideas it sticks. Zelda for example, you got the master sword, boomerang, and ever item from earlier. We'll see how this goes...
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
Here is what the game looks like. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjz1nOw2fwU&feature=relatedsman3579
Look at 2.06 in the trailer! :| Could it be?
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

I WANT to see a real 3d sonic game.Cyber-

I agree man, i want Sonic Adventure 3!

RockstarDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RockstarDX
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Cyber-

Yes, crazy ideas sometimes are genious but they dont get there by themselves. Mario is so great because of how well the games are structured and the amazing execution that goes with them; the craziness is just icing on the giant cake. looking at it less conceptual, Mario trailblazed platforming with 2d and then even more so with 3d, being a plumber that kicks ass just comes with the package.

If you look at what Sega has tried with Sonic that was out of the ordinary boundries of normal(for the Sonic universe) its mostly failed not because it was weird but because things like the camera were way off or Sonic was too loosely controlled. Look at Sega Superstar Tennis, they tried doing what we are talking about there and it failed because its basic structure sucked and was a bad Tennis game.

Beyond that what mario goes into also is taken with care. Look he goes into Soccer and they really nicely splice him into that world. Mario translates well with whatever he is in from a style standpoint. He is more universal than Sonic and it just makes sense.

Still I am bashing this werewolf idea, but it could end up being great. But throwing him in arabian nights and turning him into werewolfs is not gonna save him and it does not please the Sega fanbase any more than previous mess ups in the series.

I liked Sega Superstars Tennis...

Guys, please. You're letting a simple idea get in the way. Mario can be any genre, yes. So why can't Sonic do the same? Seriously, it could be GOOD. Your bashing this idea that makes you look totally negative toward this game. Why do people always try to look at the negative stuff in Sonic and look at the positive stuff in Mario? Seriously.

BlueTsujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlueTsujin
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts
Dang, was expecting a gameplay video. Anyways, I think the game will be fun from the gameplay videos I've seen, but we'll see how the wolf thing turns out.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="GabuEx"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

RockstarDX

I liked Sega Superstars Tennis...

Guys, please. You're letting a simple idea get in the way. Mario can be any genre, yes. So why can't Sonic do the same? Seriously, it could be GOOD. Your bashing this idea that makes you look totally negative toward this game. Why do people always try to look at the negative stuff in Sonic and look at the positive stuff in Mario? Seriously.

It was dissappointing to say the least.

I have repeated myself plenty of times now. I know the game can still be good I am just stating it just seems desperate to pull in people. Mario may do lots of stuff but it is well stylized and fitting within his crazy universe. If they came out and said they were doing a werewolf Mario game everyone would say "WHY." Again that werewolf Mario game could still be good but quite unnecessary and uninspired. There were better ways of doing this and they did not do them simple as that.