sonic rpg cancelled?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts
with EA buying bio whats the chances it will be cancelled? EA makin a sonic game? we will never see that will we?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No chance whatsoever that it will be cancelled.

EA is one of Nintendo's biggest supporters this gen and just because they're buying Bioware doesn't mean that the company still wont work on it's projects it has planned.

MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
:shock: Wait. There was a Sonic RPG?:P
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.MegaSonicZX

Yes, they said that about Mario in RPG's and what happened there?

Oh yeah, global domination from the Paper Mario brand.

Seriously, who else thinks this is a bad idea? Like there's not enough examples showing this will work?

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

with EA buying bio whats the chances it will be cancelled? EA makin a sonic game? we will never see that will we? o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Oh we will see it; if anything since it's EA, we will be seeing it on DS, GBA, GC, Mac, PC, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii, XBox, and XBox 360. :lol:

Master_Kamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Kamon
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Just because Sonic Team can't get their ass in gear and make a decent game with their mascot, doesn't mean everyone else can't. Especially when the ones working on it are already well-known for making great games. Just because it's an RPG based off of a platformer, it doesn't mean it's neccessarily going to be a bad game.

Square and Super Mario RPG, anyone?

MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MegaSonicZX
NO RPG'S FOR MEGASONIC! BAD!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

MegaSonicZX

Since you're pretty set on that what evidence do you have that it wont work?

I've already shown you many times where it has.

sergioalb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 sergioalb64
Member since 2005 • 2697 Posts
You da man, Jaysonguy; we can't tell yet, but why not try? It could turn out to be a great RPG; I'm really interested and I hope it isn't cancelled, and I doubt it will be.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
The Sonic RPG is not an EA property, so there's no chance it'll be cancelled.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MegaSonicZX

[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]NO RPG'S FOR MEGASONIC! BAD!
Jaysonguy

Since you're pretty set on that what evidence do you have that it wont work?

I've already shown you many times where it has.

I'm more of a platformer guy.
Diklo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Diklo1
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts

I'm calling it out right now and i know im being a bit bold, but it will be the greatest ds game EVER MADE! bioware is one of the best game developers in the world. just look at their history of great games. Sonic RPG= best future ds game

Darkryu44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkryu44
Member since 2003 • 370 Posts

[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]with EA buying bio whats the chances it will be cancelled? EA makin a sonic game? we will never see that will we? AnFangs_Endes

Oh we will see it; if anything since it's EA, we will be seeing it on DS, GBA, GC, Mac, PC, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii, XBox, and XBox 360. :lol:

Don't forget Atari 2600, NES, Colecovision, Virtual boy..

Erinaceus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Erinaceus1991
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
Tragically, the fate of Sonic RPG is in the air. While Microsoft has gone on record as saying that the EA acquisition of BioWare will have no effect on Mass Effect, Sega has been quiet. The sole reason the game would be cancelled is because of the adversarial relationship EA and Sega have. The two companies want nothing to do with one another, even through an intermediary like Bioware. I hope the game comes out. The worst case scenario is that the agreement between Sega and BioWare gets enulled. An even worse scenario, is that the agreement is enulled, but the Sonic RPG still happens...in the hands of Sonic Team.
Erinaceus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Erinaceus1991
Tragically, the fate of Sonic RPG is in the air. While Microsoft has gone on record as saying that the EA acquisition of BioWare will have no effect on Mass Effect, Sega has been quiet. The sole reason the game would be cancelled is because of the adversarial relationship EA and Sega have. The two companies want nothing to do with one another, even through an intermediary like Bioware. I hope the game comes out. The worst case scenario is that the agreement between Sega and BioWare gets enulled. An even worse scenario, is that the agreement is enulled, but the Sonic RPG still happens...in the hands of Sonic Team.
Erinaceus1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Erinaceus1991
Oops sorry for the double post (now a triple post). My damn connection was malfunctioning. My message didn't show the first time so I resent it.
Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
I think mario RPG worked so well just because of the mario universe. I mean, there are mushrooms to heal, super mushrooms, 1ups, fire flowers (well, just different power ups) and other things. There are things like that in the sonic universe such as just power ups like the fire ball thing and thunderball and water ball (all found in sonic 3). Sonic's main source of health is rings, and I can't really think of a way that would work in an RPG. Imean, if you kill someone and then get rings for it, that's kind of a stretch. Think about it, what if it is a boss battle. The only way to heal is to kill it? Doensn't work too well. I'm sure there are things they can think up, but that might require them to just make up healing items and stuff on the spot. With the Mario rpg (im talking about the SNES one) pretty much everything could be related back to the mario universe (that is of course except the new additions, such as Geno and Booster, but they came with their own stuff and the other mario characters stayed with their own crap) This would work, but for good times sake, they should kick amy and cream and those little girly characters out. Their best bet would be tomix it with the mario universe and make some game set in mario's universe with sonic stuck there or whatever.

P.S (I just can't freakin stand the girl characters in the sonic universe. I can handle peach because in the classic mario games, you only had to deal with her at the end of the game when you saved her. In the newer sonic games, you have to listen to amy cream cheese and that bat hooker all the time while they talk with high pitch voices and say dumb crap in order to try and stay 'hip' to the newer audience.)
NightGrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 NightGrave
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

wow they were coming out with a sonic rpg game? source please?

you know Sonic rpg probably isn't such a bad idea if they add in more character selections

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]with EA buying bio whats the chances it will be cancelled? EA makin a sonic game? we will never see that will we? AnFangs_Endes

Definatly, and we'll see it sooner and less polished aswell. I strongly dislike EA and if they start ruining Bioware titles then they'll be the first company hated by me.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

wow they were coming out with a sonic rpg game? source please?

you know Sonic rpg probably isn't such a bad idea if they add in more character selections

NightGrave

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/2007_06_21_Sonic_DS/

They had a game known as'new handheld game' in their gamelist for a long time so they've been working on it for a while now. I'm not really excited about it, doesn't seem like the kind of RPG that Bioware usually makes. It's great that they are trying but they have so many other projects that just seem more interesting.

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
MegaSonicZX
Talk about being narrow minded :roll: Did you even notice that BioWare, one of the greatest RPG developers is making this game?
ratchet405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ratchet405
Member since 2005 • 1447 Posts
you say that yet you have a sonic avatar, you dont even know how it plays yet, what if its good? If biowares making it chances are its gonna be pretty good.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
the only way a sonic rpg could work is if they make it an action rpg since rpg's tend to be slow paced and sonic... not so slow.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MegaSonicZX
[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]NO RPG'S FOR MEGASONIC! BAD!
Platyphyllum
Talk about being narrow minded :roll: Did you even notice that BioWare, one of the greatest RPG developers is making this game?

Never played any games from Bioware.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MegaSonicZX
[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.ratchet405
you say that yet you have a sonic avatar, you dont even know how it plays yet, what if its good? If biowares making it chances are its gonna be pretty good.

I just don't like RPG's.
Star_Skywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Star_Skywalker
Member since 2007 • 4025 Posts
I hope not because i was looking forward to play it.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]with EA buying bio whats the chances it will be cancelled? EA makin a sonic game? we will never see that will we? Darkryu44

As well as:

3DO, Adventurevision, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, APF*/IM, Apple II, Arcades, Arcadia 2001, Astrocade, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, BBS Door, CD-I, Channel F, Commodore 64, Commodore PET, CPS Changer, CreatiVision, Dreamcast, DVD Players, e-Reader, EACA Colour Genie 2000, Famicon Disk System, FM Towns, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game.Com, GameGear, Genisis, Gizmodo, GP32, Intellivision, Interton VC4000, Jaguar, Jaguar CD, LaserActive, Lynx, Mattel Aquarius, Microvision, Mobile, MSX, N-Gage, NEC PC98, Neo-Geo CD, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket Color, Nintendo 64, Nintendo 64DD, Nuon, Odyssey, Odyssey^2, Oric1/Atmos, OS/2, Palm OS, PC-FX, Playdia, Pocket PC, RCA Studio II, Redemption, Satrun, Sega 32X, Sega CD, Sega Master System, SG-1000, Sharp X68000, SNES, SuperVision, Tandy Color Computer, Turbo CD, Turbo Grafx-16, Unix/Linux, Vectrex, VIC-20, Wonder Swan, Wonder Swan Color, and the Zodiac. :lol::lol:

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Platyphyllum

[QUOTE="ratchet405"][QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.MegaSonicZX

I just don't like RPG's.

Alright, we know, we've all met people who don't prefer RPGs but just because YOU don't like RPGs and won't like this Sonic one and think it's lame, doesn't mean we all think it's a lame idea.

gabzo_is_bak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gabzo_is_bak
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Look you never know
The Sonic RPG might actually go far and might become a pretty good game
You just got to give it a shot
They might prove us all wrong and make it one of the greatest games of the year
or disappoint us all and make us not appreciate the work they have done
but it all comes down to "giving it a go"
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
It might just save sonic an RPG.. specially if it's done by bioware.. something new from all the crappy games sonic team has being spewing out.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Not cancelled. It's still in the works. I read it somewhere that it is.

Also, the deal with EA won't merge until Jan 2008, so Bioware still has tons of time to make the game.

Sonic RPG will happen...but a sequel probably not, at least not with BioWare.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

with EA buying bio whats the chances it will be cancelled? EA makin a sonic game? we will never see that will we? o0_L0st_B0y_0o

I hope not!:?

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkryu44"][QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

As well as:

3DO, Adventurevision, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, APF*/IM, Apple II, Arcades, Arcadia 2001, Astrocade, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, BBS Door, CD-I, Channel F, Commodore 64, Commodore PET, CPS Changer, CreatiVision, Dreamcast, DVD Players, e-Reader, EACA Colour Genie 2000, Famicon Disk System, FM Towns, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game.Com, GameGear, Genisis, Gizmodo, GP32, Intellivision, Interton VC4000, Jaguar, Jaguar CD, LaserActive, Lynx, Mattel Aquarius, Microvision, Mobile, MSX, N-Gage, NEC PC98, Neo-Geo CD, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket Color, Nintendo 64, Nintendo 64DD, Nuon, Odyssey, Odyssey^2, Oric1/Atmos, OS/2, Palm OS, PC-FX, Playdia, Pocket PC, RCA Studio II, Redemption, Satrun, Sega 32X, Sega CD, Sega Master System, SG-1000, Sharp X68000, SNES, SuperVision, Tandy Color Computer, Turbo CD, Turbo Grafx-16, Unix/Linux, Vectrex, VIC-20, Wonder Swan, Wonder Swan Color, and the Zodiac. :lol::lol:

:shock:

Wow they do love money.:P

NightGrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NightGrave
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
I wanna see a video of the gameplay that way we'll all know if the game is worth playing but i guess all of us are just gonna have to wait and see
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Are there any screens or details for this game?
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MegaSonicZX

[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"][QUOTE="ratchet405"][QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.Platyphyllum

I just don't like RPG's.

Alright, we know, we've all met people who don't prefer RPGs but just because YOU don't like RPGs and won't like this Sonic one and think it's lame, doesn't mean we all think it's a lame idea.

Duh.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"]

[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"][QUOTE="ratchet405"][QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.MegaSonicZX

I just don't like RPG's.

Duh.

*slaps your face* My goodness, you don't get the point. How would you feel if I kept saying that platformers are bad and each upcoming Sonic platformer is going to suck whenever you go on a Sonic thread?
Eberq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Eberq
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
I don't have a link but I just read it is is still underway. I think I read it on MTVs website on a mario galaxy preview, he says some sega guy walks by and he asked him about it but they did not go into any more depth because he only had one hour to play mario.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.Jaysonguy

Yes, they said that about Mario in RPG's and what happened there?

Oh yeah, global domination from the Paper Mario brand.

Seriously, who else thinks this is a bad idea? Like there's not enough examples showing this will work?

WHo that about MArio RPG? In 96 every body went nuts when Nintendo that Square would would work on a Mario rpg on SNES. Heck Super Mario RPG was the bet Mario game.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MegaSonicZX
[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"][QUOTE="Platyphyllum"]

[QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"][QUOTE="ratchet405"][QUOTE="MegaSonicZX"]I hope they cancel it, because a Sonic RPG is a lame idea.Platyphyllum

I just don't like RPG's.

Duh.

*slaps your face* My goodness, you don't get the point. How would you feel if I kept saying that platformers are bad and each upcoming Sonic platformer is going to suck whenever you go on a Sonic thread?

I probably wouldn't care. Now leave me alone.

Vinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vinth
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Eh, why would it be canceled? They didn't get the rights to the the Sonic RPG, so i see no reason for it to not be released.