*Sonic at ONM* - Awesome news + Wii has the main version

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

ONM Cover

ONM Scan

http://www.tssznews.com/2008/04/09/new-sonic-unleashed-details-from-onm/

• The game started development as Sonic Adventure 3
  • Were-Sonic will be slower, stronger, but more agile. Access new areas, only playable at night.
  • Sonic avoids obstacles, Were-Sonic destroies them, and uses his long arms to move, similar to an ape.
  • Wii version will be a graphical showcase for the system.
  • Wii version is the original platform. The PS2 version is a downgraded version of Wii version, and Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be a graphically updated version.
  • It will be played with the nunchuck, not the Wiimote sideways as in Secret Rings.
  • Big budget game, similiar in scope with the two Sonic Adventure games.
  • Story: Dr. Eggman manages to defeat Super Sonic, causing Sonic to be seriously altered in health. As soon as night falls, Sonic transforms into an immensly powerful beast.
  • Waresonic will not be evil, but rather a 'hulk' version of Sonic. Sonic mantains his normal good guy personality.
  • Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Shadow are in the game, but only as part of the story.
  • Speed Boost from Sonic Rush appears in Sonic Unleashed.
  • New moves include Sonic Drift (short sharp turn when moving at high speeds) and Quick Step (from Sonic and the Secret Rings, avoid obstacles in the way)
  • The game is designed by Yashihita Hasimoto (Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Advance, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic Adventure DX).
  • Developed by Sonic Team of Japan, not a worldwide collaboration as previosly rumored.
  • No official footage from the Wii version on the internet so far.
  • No relation with Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 or Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wintry_Flutist

ONM Cover

ONM Scan

http://www.tssznews.com/2008/04/09/new-sonic-unleashed-details-from-onm/

• The game started development as Sonic Adventure 3
  • Were-Sonic will be slower, stronger, but more agile. Access new areas, only playable at night.
  • Sonic avoids obstacles, Were-Sonic destroies them, and uses his long arms to move, similar to an ape.
  • Wii version is the original platform. The PS2 version is a downgraded version of Wii version, and Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be a graphically updated version.
  • It will be played with the nunchuck, not the Wiimote sideways as in Secret Rings.
  • Big budget game, similiar in scope with the two Sonic Adventure games.
  • Story: Dr. Eggman manages to defeat Super Sonic, causing Sonic to be seriously altered in health. As soon as night falls, Sonic transforms into an immensly powerful beast.
  • Waresonic will not be evil, but rather a 'hulk' version of Sonic. Sonic mantains his normal good guy personality.
  • Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Shadow are in the game, but only as part of the story.
  • Speed Boost from Sonic Rush appears in Sonic Unleashed.
  • New moves include Sonic Drift (short sharp turn when moving at high speeds) and Quick Step (from Sonic and the Secret Rings, avoid obstacles in the way)
  • The game is designed by Yashihita Hasimoto (Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Advance, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic Adventure DX).
  • Developed by Sonic Team of Japan, not a worldwide collaboration as previosly rumored.
  • No official footage from the Wii version on the internet so far.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Wow, that's very assuring that the game originated on the Wii, very interesting.

Visually, the game look stunning on the Wii. I'm surprised what it's pulling off. These images look great, and reportedly that's how the game currently looks.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Great news indeed. Just read this yesterday and I was quite pleased.

People probably doubt that this game will be Sonic's "return to form". I personally believed that already happened with Secret Rings.

I'm glad the Wii version is the main. Perhaps that means that the screens we saw were actually from the Wii version?

fyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fyor
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
i liked SAB2 ..so i think i will like this to :D
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts
Looks to be on par with Mario Galaxy visually not bad for a third party title.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

the best bit of info from that list was the Shadow, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles would only be a part of the story, NOT the gameplay. thats a huge sigh of relief because thats what killed the newer Sonic games for me.

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts
Secret rings was a pretty good looking game (graphically) imo, and this seems like it is shaping up well
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

the best bit of info from that list was the Shadow, Amy, Tails, and Knuckles would only be a part of the story, NOT the gameplay. thats a huge sigh of relief because thats what killed the newer Sonic games for me.

icarus212001

Same here, sonic had the best levels of all the characters to. I'm so happy to know that their are no more of those rouge/knuckles levels where you do nothing but search for stones in the ground

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wintry_Flutist

Wow, that's very assuring that the game originated on the Wii, very interesting.

Visually, the game look stunning on the Wii. I'm surprised what it's pulling off. These images look great, and reportedly that's how the game currently looks.

ozzsoad

I don't doubt the game will be beautiful, but those textures are clearly HD, not the Wii version. The poly count is low, though, so HD textures is pretty much all that the 360/PS3 versions will get.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

icarus212001

Couldn't agree with you more. Man this game looks very promising. Will this resurrect the glory that was Sonic??

I will probably be getting this game...

trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

i've been waiting a long time for a decent Sonic game... not to say that all Sonic games have been bad recently... they just didn't do it for me

and for it to be a Wii original or primary console... that's awesome!

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
Sounds like Sonic's comeback. Finally!
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Hmm the pics in the mag... I thought they were 360 shots...
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Day one purchase for me.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

Great news indeed. Just read this yesterday and I was quite pleased.

People probably doubt that this game will be Sonic's "return to form". I personally believed that already happened with Secret Rings.

I'm glad the Wii version is the main. Perhaps that means that the screens we saw were actually from the Wii version?

Dark_Link142

Probably not, considering the leaked pictures were in 720p.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wintry_Flutist

That's a bit sad. I was looking forward to playing as Tails or Knuckles, Especially Knuckles.:(

XKing2

Once they fix Sonic, they can bring more chars in.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
I think those graphics look certainly next-gen cause they are gorgeous and the game sounds awesome
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Wow, this sounds quite amazing. The facts posted are really promising. I'd like to highlight the ones I think are most important, though.

• The game started development as Sonic Adventure 3.
Those are reasons why this game will be amazing.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LOLhahaDEAD

Wow, this sounds quite amazing. The facts posted are really promising. I'd like to highlight the ones I think are most important, though.

Those are reasons why this game will be amazing.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wintry_Flutist

I think those graphics look certainly next-gen cause they are gorgeous and the game sounds awesomeMichael0134567

Probably 360, yes, but the poly count is low, which means the 360/PS3 versions will only get new textures. So the Wii should look like those pictures minus HD.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
It still smells of mediocre. But I'll pass judgement when it comes out. I'm just not going to get my hopes up, I mean this is SONIC we're talking about. He doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to quality games.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
C'mon, Sega, make this one count. :( I still believe in you!
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Were-Sonic huh? Seems like they're trying to throw the "cool" spin on this game like all their other games... people are saying the exclusion of Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, etc is great because they want Sonic focused levels. Well in all honestly, I believe this "Were-Sonic" will be the reincarnation of the hated levels with different characters. The game looks good, visually, but so did Secret Rings and that game - in my opinion - was an abomination.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts
about time.....
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Also, apparently Werewolf Sonic levels are supposed to be similar to Mario platforming which could be a nice change of pace during the night levels. I'm really looking forward to more info on this game.
PikaPikaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 PikaPikaboo
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
This looks like a great game coming onto the wii. cant wait to get my hands on this.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LOLhahaDEAD

The game looks good, visually, but so did Secret Rings and that game - in my opinion - was an abomination.ZumaJones07

It wasn't THAT bad. It was fun. It was kind of frustrating, and there were a few problems with it, but it was definitely better than all the 3D Sonic games that came out in the past 3 years.

michael582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 michael582
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts
It's hard to believe those are wii screenshots.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wintry_Flutist

It's hard to believe those are wii screenshots.michael582

Very likely aren't.

BatrozX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BatrozX
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts

Those are reasons why this game will be amazing.LOLhahaDEAD
I completely agree with you. Once I started reading this post the first thing that caught my attention was the thing that said that it started development as Sonic Adventure 3, and as we all know, ALL Sonic Adventure games were f***in awesome. My compliments to the one who posted this topic, the info you just gave me and all Sonic fans and non Sonic fans is nothing but true and pure good news. As a hardcore Sonic fan I will always have faith that an awesome Sonic game should come out, and this game is giving me A LOT of high hopes, but of course I wont sing "hallelujah" until I actually play the game. The thing that I most miss from a Sonic game is the chao gardens, so If they add that...I'll be very happy and so will many people. Please SEGA, Sonic Team...make this one AT LEAST a 8/10 Sonic game.
BatrozX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BatrozX
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts

Those are reasons why this game will be amazing.LOLhahaDEAD
I completely agree with you. Once I started reading this post the first thing that caught my attention was the thing that said that it started development as Sonic Adventure 3, and as we all know, ALL Sonic Adventure games were f***in awesome.
My compliments to the one who posted this topic, the info you just gave me and all Sonic fans and non Sonic fans is nothing but true and pure good news.
As a hardcore Sonic fan I will always have faith that an awesome Sonic game should come out, and this game is giving me A LOT of high hopes, but of course I wont sing "hallelujah" until I actually play the game. The thing that I most miss from a Sonic game is the chao gardens, so If they add that...I'll be very happy and so will many people.
Please SEGA, Sonic Team...make this one AT LEAST a 8/10 Sonic game.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="michael582"]It's hard to believe those are wii screenshots.Wintry_Flutist

Very likely aren't.

I dunno, after Super Mario Galaxy I'd say it looks possible to me that they are.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="michael582"]It's hard to believe those are wii screenshots.GabuEx

Very likely aren't.

I dunno, after Super Mario Galaxy I'd say it looks possible to me that they are.

But even in 480 res pics you can tell those actually are HD textures, so it's 360 for me. But the poly count is so low it's almost certain that they'll keep models for all versions and just upgrade the textures for PS3/360.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]I think those graphics look certainly next-gen cause they are gorgeous and the game sounds awesomeWintry_Flutist

Probably 360, yes, but the poly count is low, which means the 360/PS3 versions will only get new textures. So the Wii should look like those pictures minus HD.

I hope and why are they still making PS2 games?

miles--prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 miles--prower
Member since 2007 • 6658 Posts
[QUOTE="XKing2"]

That's a bit sad. I was looking forward to playing as Tails or Knuckles, Especially Knuckles.:(

Wintry_Flutist

Once they fix Sonic, they can bring more chars in.

buy sonic ds and iam sad TAILS not playable

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Yes, Willy105 posted in System Wars. Good News.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Yes, Willy105 posted in System Wars. Good News.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
well thats a first, a game that was originally made for the wii that gets ported over to the ps3/x360
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#41 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

So far the only questionable aspect of the game is the werewolf thing, but everything else seems promising.

No playing as lame friends and sidekicks in the story are at a minimum.

Using the speed dash move from Sonic Rush meaning no taking forever to build up speed.

Eggman appears to be a good villan again instead of a side boss or comic relief.

If it was designed primarily for the Wii it means Wii owners will get a nice game with good controls (we hope) but 360 and PS3 owners might not have the nicest looking game in their libraries.

Let's hope this game can be "Sonic's Galaxy."

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
why would they post 360 screens for a NINTENDO magazine??
Galadreil782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Galadreil782
Member since 2007 • 3027 Posts
Awww man! This is amazing. Hopefully this is sonics bog break. as someone else said. Hopefully this is a sonic game that can get ATLEAST 8/10 . I am so pumped for this game. I own a 360 and a Wii, and I thought that the 360 version would be the better version. But seeing as it is a wii devoloped game, I will probably get it for the wii :) Hopefully more details about the game surfave soon.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]I think those graphics look certainly next-gen cause they are gorgeous and the game sounds awesomeMichael0134567

Because the PS2 is still selling well, and it has a huge userbase.

true but the PS2 has to die at some time

The sooner it Dies the better 3rd Party Wii games will be. The PS2 is the main probelm for the Wii but I wish devolpers would be more like what sega is doing now. Make Wii games then port those to the PS2 not PS2 First.

big_mak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 big_mak123
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
I pray that this game has chao in it. I loved raising those little creatures!
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]I think those graphics look certainly next-gen cause they are gorgeous and the game sounds awesomeTheColbert

Because the PS2 is still selling well, and it has a huge userbase.

true but the PS2 has to die at some time

The sooner it Dies the better 3rd Party Wii games will be. The PS2 is the main probelm for the Wii but I wish devolpers would be more like what sega is doing now. Make Wii games then port those to the PS2 not PS2 First.

I'll be glad when the PS2 dies cause it ruins most Wii games when the game is only on Wii and PS2.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wintry_Flutist

why would they post 360 screens for a NINTENDO magazine??r_gam3

Those are the only one available, and anyway the mag says the actual game looks close to those pics.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

I wish they could start calling him Dr. Robotnix again...

But this is good news nonetheless.

stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
I'm extremely excited for this game.
grimybrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#50 grimybrit
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

Looks great! Come on SEGA make this good.