Somebody needs to take Kid Icarus and make a God of War like series

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spectravoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spectravoid
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

It would make perfect sense. Pit would just take the place of Kratos and it would be a similar type of game. Placing Pit into a mythological world would be perfect. (This could turn into Nintendo's only M rated franchise)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Nintendo has published M rated games before, anyway I wouldn't want it to go so Hack n Slashly as God of War. I would rather a Metroid-esque adventure but given Pits lineage and abilitys a much different type of world to explore.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Yeah, let's take a franchise based on Metroid, Zelda, and Mario and turn it into a generic hack n' slash.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts
Nintendo has published M rated games before, anyway I wouldn't want it to go so Hack n Slashly as God of War. I would rather a Metroid-esque adventure but given Pits lineage and abilitys a much different type of world to explore. Sepewrath
It does not need to be M rated. This is exactly how I described what I want to see with Kid Icarus. There is a lot Kid Icarus could use as an example. I do not want it to be a beat em up like GoW, but I also do not think a 3d platformer is where this series should go either. More of an open world action adventure game. Large areas so you can be flying while you are battling your enemies and ground battles as well. A mythological world, with large open world gameplay, motion controlled sword gameplay and IR controlled bow and arrow action, and a deep story line that was a little dark.
Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

instead of wanting Kid Icarus to be God of War. Why not just go play God of War?

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kardine

instead of wanting Kid Icarus to be God of War. Why not just go play God of War?

Lucid1314
Not the way I see it when people say use elements of GoW, it has more to do with the mood and evironment. A beat em up will not do for Kid Icarus.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Just because it has Greek Mythology references, it doesn't have to be like God of War
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

So there would be a game where Pit rips off the heads of monsters, and has sex with ladies in bed?

Sounds awesome to me. :P

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I doubt KIDIcarus will be an M rated game. Nothing about the game's past has been particularly violent. I would be happy if just had poofs of smoke like the Zelda games. No need to make games extra gory for no reason.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kardine

Just because it has Greek Mythology references, it doesn't have to be like God of Warfunsohng
Its more than the Mythology. I can just easily see the style of GoW working well with a new Kid Icarus. And before anyone starts making generalizations what this means they should look into GoW for more than its blood and guts and button masher gameplay.

Topic starter it would be nice if you clarified.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
In a weird way, if you mixed a little zelda, very little mario and then a bit of GoW into the Icarus world without all the sex and over the top gore it might actually be pretty good.
Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

Considering the story, where Icarus starts in Hell, personally I'd be into making theatmosphere and general style more like diablo with a mix of Greek style and/or mythology too of course.

And of course, with 1:1 the combat could be interesting...

Anyway, we'll know soon enough what Nintendo has up their sleeves. I'm excited about anything they do, tops being this and Zelda, since Mario already wow'd us in this gen already.

cjfuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cjfuka
Member since 2003 • 340 Posts

You could have a hot lady Nurse take the Egg plant curse off of Pitt.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kardine

I just want epic battles where one moment I am soaring through the air using my sword when an enemy gets close enough and wizzing arrows at nearby demon creatures. Then descending to ground level where you fight a less corny variation on the Eggplant Wizard. All in a huge 3d world.

I think one of the things that makes me so excited for a "would-be" game is how unique it is. i do not know a lot of games where you get to be an angel. Not like this.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
..Erm...Pit + hack n slash + blood + suggestive sexual scenes + Wii graphics and physics = not the greatest concept of a Nintendo first party. If they do make a Kid Icarus game it would be best off as a Platformer or Adventure game similar to Zelda but with some sort of ability to fly...those are the only two genres where it would definitely work, as for other genres it would be a risk.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

It would make perfect sense. Pit would just take the place of Kratos and it would be a similar type of game. Placing Pit into a mythological world would be perfect. (This could turn into Nintendo's only M rated franchise)

spectravoid

Haaaa!!!!!!! worst idea ever. That idea was sooo bad that it's good. Kid Icarus with blood. HAAA!!!! It's simply terrinspirational.Wow, I have to catch my breath after that one. You sir or madam, have made me one jolly rancher.:lol:

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Lucid1314

Yes

You are correct and your sanity here helps my day

MizunoMirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MizunoMirai
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It would be nice if they just made a remake of Kid Icarus in general. If its too violent then who knows what people would think.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kardine
It would be nice if they just made a remake of Kid Icarus in general. If its too violent then who knows what people would think.MizunoMirai
Even though it would be a totally different game, still, why a remake?
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#20 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

Words can not express my hatred for this idea.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

blankshore
Yes they can: "My hatred for this idea is ineffable." There you go.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="blankshore"]

Yes they can: "My hatred for this idea is ineffable." There you go.

Lol, or you could just be direct and say "I think this is the ******* idea I have ever heard and I think your seed should be purged from the face of the planet and your existence should be ended in the most horrible way I can fathom for suggesting it." that might be over doing it though.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kardine

blankshore
Why? Kid Icarus could take alot of notes from the GoW series. Is everyone in this thread going to immediately assume that Icarus now has to be all about sex and violence the moment somone mentions GoW.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

I think it would be better if kid icarus had a new type of gameplay or a style that sets itself apart from other genres instead of just copying god of war or an existing formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#25 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Nintendo has published M rated games before, anyway I wouldn't want it to go so Hack n Slashly as God of War. I would rather a Metroid-esque adventure but given Pits lineage and abilitys a much different type of world to explore. kardine
It does not need to be M rated. This is exactly how I described what I want to see with Kid Icarus. There is a lot Kid Icarus could use as an example. I do not want it to be a beat em up like GoW, but I also do not think a 3d platformer is where this series should go either. More of an open world action adventure game. Large areas so you can be flying while you are battling your enemies and ground battles as well. A mythological world, with large open world gameplay, motion controlled sword gameplay and IR controlled bow and arrow action, and a deep story line that was a little dark.

Not a bad idea, if you think about it Kid Icarus is almost made for the wii remote because Pit uses both a bow and daggers. When I think of how a Kid Icarus game might look, my mind seems to wander to Banjo-Kazooie and Jet Force Gemini, for some reason.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

It could play like Zelda, but be more combat focused. I don't think they would need to copy GOW's hack'n'slash play though. Why not make it some what unique, or...ya know...better?

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Nintendo has published M rated games before, anyway I wouldn't want it to go so Hack n Slashly as God of War. I would rather a Metroid-esque adventure but given Pits lineage and abilitys a much different type of world to explore. Ovirew

Not a bad idea, if you think about it Kid Icarus is almost made for the wii remote because Pit uses both a bow and daggers. When I think of how a Kid Icarus game might look, my mind seems to wander to Banjo-Kazooie and Jet Force Gemini, for some reason.

I just keep imagining an epic world filled with the mythology its lossely connected to. I do not see gut wrenching gore and hack and slash gaemplay. that is what I mean when I want GoW to be an influence of this Kid icarus game that will never be.lol
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="Ovirew"][QUOTE="kardine"] It does not need to be M rated. This is exactly how I described what I want to see with Kid Icarus. There is a lot Kid Icarus could use as an example. I do not want it to be a beat em up like GoW, but I also do not think a 3d platformer is where this series should go either. More of an open world action adventure game. Large areas so you can be flying while you are battling your enemies and ground battles as well. A mythological world, with large open world gameplay, motion controlled sword gameplay and IR controlled bow and arrow action, and a deep story line that was a little dark.kardine

I just keep imagining an epic world filled with the mythology its lossely connected to. I do not see gut wrenching gore and hack and slash gaemplay. that is what I mean when I want GoW to be an influence of this Kid icarus game that will never be.lol

yeah...I agree with that. There's nothing wrong with havingan influence from another game. I just don't want a carbon copy.

I think the entire idea (greek mythology) is an awesome game idea...but Nintendo (as of yet), doesn't seem to think so. Just think...we could have another masterpiece

Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

Lucid1314

Because we don't have a PS3

Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Ovirew"]Not a bad idea, if you think about it Kid Icarus is almost made for the wii remote because Pit uses both a bow and daggers. When I think of how a Kid Icarus game might look, my mind seems to wander to Banjo-Kazooie and Jet Force Gemini, for some reason.danger_ranger95

yeah...I agree with that. There's nothing wrong with havingan influence from another game. I just don't want a carbon copy.

I think the entire idea (greek mythology) is an awesome game idea...but Nintendo (as of yet), doesn't seem to think so. Just think...we could have another masterpiece

Also, how do you prevent it from becoming a waggle-fest?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
[QUOTE="Wikipedian"]

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

I just keep imagining an epic world filled with the mythology its lossely connected to. I do not see gut wrenching gore and hack and slash gaemplay. that is what I mean when I want GoW to be an influence of this Kid icarus game that will never be.lolkardine

Wii Motion Plus.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="kardine"]I just keep imagining an epic world filled with the mythology its lossely connected to. I do not see gut wrenching gore and hack and slash gaemplay. that is what I mean when I want GoW to be an influence of this Kid icarus game that will never be.lolWikipedian

like i said...there's nothing wrong with having an influence from other genres/games...say; NMH. Keeps the waggle down to a minimum. Or even come up with a new combat system that's similiar.

Then, you get to add shooting in there as well. It'd be like a 3rd person slash n shooter! Throw some adventure/platforming elements in there, along with a good art style, and you've got a game.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kardine
[QUOTE="Wikipedian"]

I just keep imagining an epic world filled with the mythology its lossely connected to. I do not see gut wrenching gore and hack and slash gaemplay. that is what I mean when I want GoW to be an influence of this Kid icarus game that will never be.lolkardine

The combat does not need to be a beat em up at all. I would be sorely dissappointed if it was. Whether its button or motions you should fight your enemies with controlled slashes and shooting arrows. WM+ only amplifies this idea.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="Wikipedian"]

kardine

The combat does not need to be a beat em up at all. I would be sorely dissappointed if it was. Whether its button or motions you should fight your enemies with controlled slashes and shooting arrows. WM+ only amplifies this idea.

but remember...Pit is able to break apart his bow, and use duel blade attacks. I honestly don't see how M+ would be implemented into a dual welding game, unless they turned it strictly into a shooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Wikipedian"]

but remember...Pit is able to break apart his bow, and use duel blade attacks. I honestly don't see how M+ would be implemented into a dual welding game, unless they turned it strictly into a shooter

I was looking at the term 'waggle-fest' as meaning....poor motion waggling controls that aren't fun. Assuming the Wii Motion Plus is good, then fighting with the wii remote would be much more acceptable. And maybe his second blade would be controller with the nunchuck, or he would just kind of throw in a left-handed attack every now and again. Nobody said they had to use all of the features of him that appeared in Brawl, he could have just one long dagger that he keeps seperate from his bow, even.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kardine

[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Wikipedian"]

Well there are lots of ways to do it. For one, you use those blades in unison so it translates perfectly to swiping with WM+. Other than that, if they wanted you to have control over each blade, which is altogether unnecessary then the nunchuck or a crazy dual wield wiimote configuration could work. There are lots of ways to do the controls. I just would really hate a brawl em up for what could be a very deep action adventure game.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Nintendo has published M rated games before, anyway I wouldn't want it to go so Hack n Slashly as God of War. I would rather a Metroid-esque adventure but given Pits lineage and abilitys a much different type of world to explore. kardine

lol why are you telling me, the TC said it could be Nintendo's only M rated game and I was just telling them that Nintendo has published M rated games before. I wouldn't want an M rated game or a hack n slash, granted it would sort of come off like one because I would want Pits Brawl weapon included. I think Pit traveling around Skyworld which could be seperated into several floating area's that require you to fly to each one would be cool. And to give it some order you make his flying power dependent on something like magic or whatever, so some places are too far for you to make it without buidling your flying ability up. Sort of like the upgrades in Metroid or the tools in Zelda to force a general path.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kardine
[QUOTE="kardine"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Nintendo has published M rated games before, anyway I wouldn't want it to go so Hack n Slashly as God of War. I would rather a Metroid-esque adventure but given Pits lineage and abilitys a much different type of world to explore. Sepewrath

lol why are you telling me, the TC said it could be Nintendo's only M rated game and I was just telling them that Nintendo has published M rated games before. I wouldn't want an M rated game or a hack n slash, granted it would sort of come off like one because I would want Pits Brawl weapon included. I think Pit traveling around Skyworld which could be seperated into several floating area's that require you to fly to each one would be cool. And to give it some order you make his flying power dependent on something like magic or whatever, so some places are too far for you to make it without buidling your flying ability up. Sort of like the upgrades in Metroid or the tools in Zelda to force a general path.

I am just saying that it does not need to be M rated and a hack and slash to draw some very useful elements from GoW. First of all are you talking about a 2d game or a 3d game? Secondly, this series would be so awsome as an action adventure game more so than a platformer. Many games games that go from 2d to 3d do not stay as platformers. Putting a limit on his flying just seems anti climatic to begin with. This is one of those games where that makes complete sense because a 3d platformer does not seem as compelling for the type of gameplay.
Makedonijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Makedonijo
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts

i never though about pit kid icarus like this but it is a great idea... i hope someone from nintendo looks at this

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
why does everyone love pit? hes pretty crappy IMO, and someone like him ~a kid~ couldnt fit that kind of game
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

So there would be a game where Pit rips off the heads of monsters, and has sex with ladies in bed?

Sounds awesome to me. :P

DJ-Lafleur
Pimpicarus...lol
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 danger_ranger95

why does everyone love pit? hes pretty crappy IMO, and someone like him ~a kid~ couldnt fit that kind of game8-Bitterness

what kind of game are referring to? God of War? I honestly don't think Nintendo would(or they wouldn't let anyone else) throw one of their characters into a blood bath kind of game like that. I agree with you on that, he wouldn't fit into a gore fest, but I don't think that's the idea we're trying to go with here.

I honestly wouldn't even see the need for blood besides maybe a dribble here or there just for effect.

@ the control issue

I kinda do like the idea of the Wiimote mixing up both arms, but I still feel that would be awkward. It's just like in MP3 when you controlled Samus' left arm with your right hand. This is why I think Nintendo's next console should include a nunchuk like shown below. It has it's own pointer (for dual welding FPS games), and it's slightly larger to allow better/larger (more precise) gyro/accelometers. This would also allow for actual two handed combat games (like Pit's blades), or even boxing games.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#43 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

If Nintendo decides to do anything with the Kid Icarus franchise (which I doubt they will), I just hope they do somethingtotally new and different with it. Even if its not rated M, I don't want it to be like God of War.

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucid1314"]

Wikipedian

Because we don't have a PS3

then get a PS2

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kardine

[QUOTE="8-Bitterness"]why does everyone love pit? hes pretty crappy IMO, and someone like him ~a kid~ couldnt fit that kind of gamedanger_ranger95

what kind of game are referring to? God of War? I honestly don't think Nintendo would(or they wouldn't let anyone else) throw one of their characters into a blood bath kind of game like that. I agree with you on that, he wouldn't fit into a gore fest, but I don't think that's the idea we're trying to go with here.

I honestly wouldn't even see the need for blood besides maybe a dribble here or there just for effect.

@ the control issue

I kinda do like the idea of the Wiimote mixing up both arms, but I still feel that would be awkward. It's just like in MP3 when you controlled Samus' left arm with your right hand. This is why I think Nintendo's next console should include a nunchuk like shown below. It has it's own pointer (for dual welding FPS games), and it's slightly larger to allow better/larger (more precise) gyro/accelometers. This would also allow for actual two handed combat games (like Pit's blades), or even boxing games.

I like your idea for an additional pointer. So much can be done with that idea. Eventhough I do not see a control issue at all. If you want you could have used your left hand or Nintendo should have left the option to switch hands for the canon. For me it wasn't an issue at all and I was right handed. Again Pit attacks in unison with these blades and this game isn't requiring Red Steel 2-like controls when it comes to precision. It is much more simple than having to use your blades in varying directions.

bakerk2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bakerk2002
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts

I was actually thinking something similar recently. Kid Icarus has been gone for so long, that only Nintendo fans from back in the 80's (read 20's, 30's and up now) really remember him. So since there is really no current attachment by the younger generation, you could do a variety of elements. The thing that struck me most is the story of Icarus and the tragedy. Possible addtion of flying, shooting, sword-fighting with a grown up tragic hero storyline would be great. Possibly ditching the Pit character for a direct retelling of the Icarus story itself. For gameplay, you could choose any number of combinations. Oh, and use actual voice overs rather than just grunts.

Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Captain-Pants
Member since 2005 • 3533 Posts

Kid Icarus has it's own formula it doesn't need to copy a crappy one.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Wasn't the Kid Icarus game like a rumor started by Matt Casamahamshaimmatalkalotaboutjunkcozimlikethat? Doubt it will come guys.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kardine

Captain-Pants

What formula? The game was released years ago with nothing but a GB release. Anything they do would be a huge departure if it was in 3d. A platforming game does not fit the profile of a 3d Icarus. It would be like making Metroid Prime a complete platformer because the 2d games were platformer just like 90% of everything else on the NES and SNES.

Just like Metroid Prime, the translation to 3d would be closer and better fitted to an adventure game than a straight platformer. Not every game can be like SMG which is pretty much a pure platformer.

Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Captain-Pants
Member since 2005 • 3533 Posts

[QUOTE="Captain-Pants"]

kardine

What formula? The game was released years ago with nothing but a GB release. Anything they do would be a huge departure if it was in 3d. A platforming game does not fit the profile of a 3d Icarus. It would be like making Metroid Prime a complete platformer because the 2d games were platformer just like 90% of everything else on the NES and SNES.

Just like Metroid Prime, the translation to 3d would be closer and better fitted to an adventure game than a straight platformer. Not every game can be like SMG which is pretty much a pure platformer.

What made Kid Icarus fun was it's mixed bag gameplay. Horizontal Platforming,Vertical Platforming, Level up's,Mazes,Bonus Rooms,Power-up's. This is some of what makes Kid Icarus, Kid Icarus. It could easily be translated into 3d. Of course they could start from scratch, but they already have plenty to work with.