Some thoughts on the EVC (Everybody Votes Channel) and a QUESTION 4 U!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DScrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DScrazy
Member since 2004 • 956 Posts

First off, I've heard some people suggesting, in response to the Gamestop article, this that it would be better if Nintendo used it for market research, but I personally am repulsed by the idea.

Think about the concept. It's like a massive only betting tournament, something for you to check up on everyday (along with the other channels they offer) to keep you Wii-ing (and buying more games, happy Nintendo-should-use-this-for-market-research **** and to keep all the non-gamers playing with the Wii as well.

Because it's day one, the questions are very simple, but have strong opinions behind them, like the cat vs. dog one, which was very interesting to look at the results, finding out that (I forget the name of the country) basicly hates cats and people here in the U.S. prefer dogs over cats, by a decent margine. I was a little angry, and I had voted for, and predicted cats would win, and already my record is being beaten by my brothers'.

I also like the fact that their is only two responses, not only does it keep things simple, but makes people answer honestly because chances are they feel strongly for one of the two. For example:

Do aliens exist?

Answers: Yes    No

But if the questions had more

Do aliens exists?

Answers: Yes         Maybe                  No

It gives a much more intersting view of preference when there are only two choices.

So what do you all think, and what have you guys submitted as poll questions?

So far, here's mine

What special ability would you prefer?

Answers:    Flight     Invisibility

Given the choce, how would you sleep in your bed tonight?

Answers:     On my stomach       On my back

coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts

who is better?

mario    luigi

Keibo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Keibo
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts
I think I know why they didn't include 3 options, because chances are that with questions such as the do aliens exist one where you put yes, maybe and no; it can actually be proven that people tend to stick to the middle in the majority of places, this is why normally with customer service questions it isn't a great idea to put 5 options for rating sevice as most people go for the middle option. Just some thoughts, although it would definately work with 3 options if they where 3 completely different answers, like what do you prefer, indian food, chinese food, italian food.
Jimmy_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Jimmy_Frank
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts
its good. its free. it beats the empty channel spaces.
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
I think I know why they didn't include 3 options, because chances are that with questions such as the do aliens exist one where you put yes, maybe and no; it can actually be proven that people tend to stick to the middle in the majority of places, this is why normally with customer service questions it isn't a great idea to put 5 options for rating sevice as most people go for the middle option. Just some thoughts, although it would definately work with 3 options if they where 3 completely different answers, like what do you prefer, indian food, chinese food, italian food. Keibo
I agree on that. If it's a "Yes or No" question, then yea, keep it simple with the 2 answers, but if it's something like "What kind of games do you like? 'Shooters' 'Action-Adventuer' 'RPG' 'Puzzle' " then give us multiple answers cause what if u just put "Shooter" and "Puzzle" and u don't like either? give us more of a choice so everyone can put in their opinion. And I think this would be a great thing for nintendo to use as a mass market research thing, but it also can be just simple fun like it is now.
KieranCottrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KieranCottrell
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
I like the channel, but just don't see in any way how it could be useful other than market research.

I mean, it's all well and nice to be able to ask your own questions, but one a day?
And some of the questions stay on for, what, 3-4 days?

If there was a larger range of questions added everyday, it would be a nice addition, but I feel at the moment as if it's a sort of chore to keep going back and forth to see if they've updated yet.

Oh, by the way, my question:

Which is better?

Toast or Sandwiches.
tengen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 tengen23
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
Who cares if it is useful? It would ruin the fun of it if they started asking market research questions. Imaging opening up your Everyone Votes Channel one day to see if your predictions were accurate and to answer the new, fun poll and you get: "What is your household income?" "Under $30,000" "Over $30,000" Or... "How many children live with you?" "Less then 1" "1 or more" Woo, awesome fun time! I can't wait to predict the results!
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
[QUOTE="tengen23"]Who cares if it is useful? It would ruin the fun of it if they started asking market research questions. Imaging opening up your Everyone Votes Channel one day to see if your predictions were accurate and to answer the new, fun poll and you get: "What is your household income?" "Under $30,000" "Over $30,000" Or... "How many children live with you?" "Less then 1" "1 or more" Woo, awesome fun time! I can't wait to predict the results!

I'm sure by "market research" ppl mean like "Which VC game would you like to show up in the Shop next?" or "Which of these channels sounds better to you?" questions about what we, the consumer, would like to see for the Wii and it's games, not stupid income or household questions.