Should I trade my PSP for a DS light?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KungFuStevie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 KungFuStevie
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts

I was thinking of trading my psp for a ds with my sister cos she wants a psp and i never use mine, but i dont know whether i should cos i dont know whether its worth it. also the ds has a stuck pixel which rely annoys me lmao. so yeah...

peoples opinions and advice and like reasons y i shud and shudnt wud b gd, also sum gd ds game recommendations =]

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

it depends, if graphics dont bother you then id say the ds is better. it has a much broader range of games, also if you enjoy RPG's or nintendo games in general its a brilliant choice. If you prefer action/shooter games then psp is your best bet.

Personally i prefer the ds by far, and would only want a psp for Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Ratchet and Clank

KungFuStevie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KungFuStevie
wot rpg's wud u recommend on the ds cos i dont rely know nythin bout the games library lol
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts

I guess with a portable, it comes down to whether you have time to play it. If there is a home system available most of the time, it's unlikely you'll use one, and it's possibly why you don't play on your PSP.

I suggest you try out the DS and see if it really is for you.

If so, New Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda PH, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Worms 2 are all great games.

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gonzales1
Member since 2003 • 2591 Posts

First of all learn how to type.

Second of all there is a recommendation thread that is stickied up there.

KungFuStevie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KungFuStevie

kwl
ye i neva play my psp cos i insted jus play 360 or ps2 or sumin
id probs like 2 play ds mor cos its mor of a different console =]

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

yeah if you have a 360 the psp is a little pointless.

The ds will offer you something you cant get from a home console

RPG wise, Final Fantasy III & IV are good, The World Ends With You (is amazing) and Zelda

if you like strategy games Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is good, Advance Wars is brilliant too

and then you have New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Metroid Prime, Castlevania, Elite Beat Agents,

bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 bardos-the-3rd
Member since 2008 • 323 Posts

RPG wise, Final Fantasy III & IV are good, The World Ends With You (is amazing) and Zelda

if you like strategy games Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is good, Advance Wars is brilliant too

and then you have New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Metroid Prime, Castlevania, Elite Beat Agents,

king-kill33

this is are great games that you can get right now,in a near future you will also find the rpg saga dragon quest with the remakes of part 4,5,6 and 9(this one is not a remake) for the mentioned advance wars all two of them are recommended and for castlevania all 3(the 3rd is going to be released) are good too. if you want to know which games you can find on the ds just search here on gamespot for ds to see all the games, but if you want information of one game open it on another window because the list resets after you open a game.

xlil-starx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xlil-starx
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

well if ur not playing ur PSP then u may aswell give th DS a try..i like the DS as its different as it has the touch screen and i think it makes alot of games more fun..as for games id recommend doing ur research as well as advise from others because u may not like the same thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Don't bother. There are plenty of good rpg's for the psp. Just save some $$ and get the ds light as the psp can last you longer through multimedia then the ds. Both have good games do not get me wrong but will regret getting rid of the psp if you used the multi-media part. However if you are looking for purely games then no reason to keep it I guess.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts

yeah if you have a 360 the psp is a little pointless.

king-kill33
For strategies you forgot Civ Rev. Its like, the same as on the consoles only dumbed down graphics.
super_kenny13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 super_kenny13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
DONT! you will regret it! all the games for DS are kiddy games except for the few extremely sucky so calle vioelnt games! well, except for BIA, war stories... but still! dont bye a ds! i have one, and i juust use it as a gameboy advance! keep your PSP!
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#13 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
Keep your PSP and BUY a DS :) Variety is good
Sh3rpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sh3rpa
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

DONT! you will regret it! all the games for DS are kiddy games except for the few extremely sucky so calle vioelnt games! well, except for BIA, war stories... but still! dont bye a ds! i have one, and i juust use it as a gameboy advance! keep your PSP!super_kenny13

uh, no.

I would keep the PSP, but I would recommend buying a DS. It is very entertaining, and the battery life is great.

bpatrick025741

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bpatrick025741
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
This decision just depends who you are. A lot of people consider the PSP to be for more grown up people and the DS represents a kids device. So, if you want to be grown up and cool then keep the PSP but if you like to just play kids games then get the DS.
Radiohead85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Radiohead85
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts

kwl
ye i neva play my psp cos i insted jus play 360 or ps2 or sumin
id probs like 2 play ds mor cos its mor of a different console =]KungFuStevie

Wow, seriously...are you even able to type a complete word?