Should I get a white or black DS Lite???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
I had a white one, but it got stolen, Now I have to get a new one,Which color should I get?
GS16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 GS16
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
Definitely white! Scratches and fingerprints won't show up nearly as much.
Pelicans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pelicans
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
White because of scratches and fingerprints.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Black, what are you gonna do? gnaw on it?

Scratches show up on the white one because dirt gets in there and fingerprints are even an issue?

Get a black DS, take care of it and wipe it with a cloth when it gets dirty, problem solved 

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Onyx DS Lite.

kails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 kails
Member since 2004 • 1249 Posts

I say black cus it looks really sick

CRAZIE_GUY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 CRAZIE_GUY
Member since 2005 • 737 Posts
i say mix, get black ds and put in white ds stylus and filler and battery cover. mine looks so awesome
G1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 G1ll
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
Whatever you want, they both look nice.
Avatar image for FetacheeseGreek
FetacheeseGreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 FetacheeseGreek
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
I'll put it simple, don't get a lite. Only real bonuses are the  e-reader and the increased brightness. The smaller size makes it more difficult to use and th high light takes up more power. It also has a slightly smaller screen, feels weird with GBA games, and has a weaker sound system
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
Black looks cooler, but you'll have to take good care of it or it will look bad. White requires much less work in cleaning it, but doesn't look as cool.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

I'll put it simple, don't get a lite. Only real bonuses are the e-reader and the increased brightness. The smaller size makes it more difficult to use and th high light takes up more power. It also has a slightly smaller screen, feels weird with GBA games, and has a weaker sound systemFetacheeseGreek

Everything you said there is wrong

You could not have been more incorrect if you tried. 

gamelover26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamelover26
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
Just pick white.... It is the best of all...LOL
Meat-Puppet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Meat-Puppet
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Mine is pink. why wasn't pink an option. I heart my Pink DS.

born2runak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 born2runak
Member since 2004 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="FetacheeseGreek"]I'll put it simple, don't get a lite. Only real bonuses are the e-reader and the increased brightness. The smaller size makes it more difficult to use and th high light takes up more power. It also has a slightly smaller screen, feels weird with GBA games, and has a weaker sound systemJaysonguy

Maybe I should put this in a new topic, but it fits here so : Is it true about the lite vs. original? I have the original and am serioulsy thinking about getting a lite, and might trade in the old one, but i dont want to get screwed. Ive heard many people say that its smaller size makes it difficult to hold with larger hands. and that the speakers suck compared to the original. And as far as color , I was thinking about getting black, but now im leaning towards white since fingerprints wont show up and it'll match my WII.

hector_belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hector_belmont
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts
the black...
Avatar image for SpaceMountain86
SpaceMountain86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpaceMountain86
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts
Seriously, why even ask? It should be your personal preference. Black = fingerprints and white = yellowish shoulder buttons and dirt and dead skin showing up easily. Both colors have downfalls, so go with what you think looks cooler. Nothing will look new forever anyways. Personally, I got black.
Willowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Willowed
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
Get pink! ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 092093
Member since 2006 • 1696 Posts
I have white and it does turn yellow, black gets scratches easier. But black does look cooler.
BeatOfMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BeatOfMax
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts
I recentley just got a black ds lite, get it becuz once U go black, u keep comming back. ^_^ OMG THAT WAS SO GAY ! 
KiLLer_ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 KiLLer_ba
Member since 2002 • 5759 Posts
Does it matter, they're the same.
tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
I have a white one but wanted a black one. the white one I have, the dirt is so annoyingly visible.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="FetacheeseGreek"]I'll put it simple, don't get a lite. Only real bonuses are the e-reader and the increased brightness. The smaller size makes it more difficult to use and th high light takes up more power. It also has a slightly smaller screen, feels weird with GBA games, and has a weaker sound systemborn2runak

Maybe I should put this in a new topic, but it fits here so : Is it true about the lite vs. original? I have the original and am serioulsy thinking about getting a lite, and might trade in the old one, but i dont want to get screwed. Ive heard many people say that its smaller size makes it difficult to hold with larger hands. and that the speakers suck compared to the original. And as far as color , I was thinking about getting black, but now im leaning towards white since fingerprints wont show up and it'll match my WII.

No, you're not going to miss out on anything at all with a DS Lite compared to the DS you have now.

The screen size isn't smaller and the speakers are the same as far as quality. Neither version's speakers are going to wow anyone. Some people say that the DS Lite doesn't go as loud as the normal DS but they also say that on the higher volume the DS Lite sounds clearer (I think it's one of those things that you form your own personal opinion on it once you hear it)  Now the size issue is understandable but just the DS itself never game me any problems but I went out and purchased a NERF DS case and it's PERFECT.

The DS Lite also does better on battery life then the normal DS

tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
the regular DS is way louder than the Lite. I have both. The screen is murky and grainy on the DS Phat though. once you play the lite, aint no going back
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

the regular DS is way louder than the Lite. I have both. The screen is murky and grainy on the DS Phat though. once you play the lite, aint no going backtman978

Yes, the DS Lite doesn't go up as high as the normal DS but the sound never distorts on the DS Lite.

The screen is well worth the trade off 

nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 nekrotaunter
Member since 2003 • 1480 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="FetacheeseGreek"]I'll put it simple, don't get a lite. Only real bonuses are the e-reader and the increased brightness. The smaller size makes it more difficult to use and th high light takes up more power. It also has a slightly smaller screen, feels weird with GBA games, and has a weaker sound systemborn2runak

I had the original and upgraded to the Lite, and I have always been satisfied with my choice since I got the lite. Much better because it isn't like a brick in your pocket, much better color and brightness, better battery life, and the speakers don't have the tinny sound of the original. I have fairly large hands, and I have had no problems holding the DS. I also happen to like the feel of the buttons compared to the original also. So it comes to the Lite being completely better than the original. I have the white one and bought my sister the black, the fingerprints are ridiculous on black. You get finger prints on it no matter what. I wouldn't want to have to daintily open mine to play every time.  

blade113355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blade113355
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

i used to have a DS brick and i have big hands, but i switch to a lite and i like it a lot, big hands didn't stop me 

hjart6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hjart6
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts

I had a white one, but it got stolen, Now I have to get a new one,Which color should I get?Xbox360gamer1

yeah thats how mutch the DS owns lol, everyone wants one. Anyways same happened to me, and i might get a black or so. Just whatever is available at my local store, because i like both equally mutch

NDS_Mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NDS_Mario
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
Polar White is good for me.
11cairborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#29 11cairborne
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
white because if u scratch the black one the scratches will show and so will fingerprints and get a ds lite
justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
I also experienced being confused before buying a DS Lite but i came up with black one because i realized that the white one show its dirt (black and yellow thingy) when time passes by but the black one doesn't even though scratches and finger prints shows up, but its not a problem for me. I bought a polycarbonate casing for it. And all of the problems of ONYX DS Lite is solved. THE END
ZeldaFan2329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZeldaFan2329
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
Black, it looks a lot cooler.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

Why dont you get one imported from Japan and get Ice Blue :)

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/687/687783p1.html

arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
One obvious difference between the Lite and the Old Skool DS is that the new internet browser only works on the Lite, which pisses me off, since I have an old skool one.
Ottoman234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ottoman234
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Here Here!