Screen protection problem.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandon2802
Member since 2004 • 1773 Posts
I got my DS in the mail and had a screen protector ready for it since my brothers got really messed up (he might have used ill objects).  Well I got it on after a few tries, but to my dismay, there was little spots of air with of course some lint.  And now I can't get it off and if I do I doubt I'll put it back on after the top screen problem.  I have tried tape, if you know any other ways please tell.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Just be good with the DS and take care of it, I had it for about a year and a half and there are still no scratches or fingerprints on my top screen.
conker0078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 conker0078
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
I got my DS in the mail and had a screen protector ready for it since my brothers got really messed up (he might have used ill objects). Well I got it on after a few tries, but to my dismay, there was little spots of air with of course some lint. And now I can't get it off and if I do I doubt I'll put it back on after the top screen problem. I have tried tape, if you know any other ways please tell.brandon2802
Put it on right the first time.
am_1240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 am_1240
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I got my DS in the mail and had a screen protector ready for it since my brothers got really messed up (he might have used ill objects).  Well I got it on after a few tries, but to my dismay, there was little spots of air with of course some lint.  And now I can't get it off and if I do I doubt I'll put it back on after the top screen problem.  I have tried tape, if you know any other ways please tell.brandon2802
I had the exact same experience with the air bubbles. I used a sewing needle to VERY CAREFULLY get under one corner to get it started. But you must be VERY VERY CAREFUL to not poke the screen! Good Luck!
Ubiseewaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Ubiseewaba
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
You'll always probably have air bubbles. But it doesn't matter because the light makes it hard to see them. Also dont buy screen protectors unless if they are the Nintendo ones. My friend had ones that werent and it peeled his screen off when he tried to take the protector off.
brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brandon2802
I'll have to try the needle, its a little scary though. I got the ones from gamestop that come with a warrenty type thing were if it ruins the DS I get it replaced or fixed.
jem_gal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jem_gal
Member since 2004 • 439 Posts
agreed, you'll always have a problem with air bubbles, and lint getting stuck; but you just have to live with that. if it really bothers you that much then i guess you should try the needle =P 
brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brandon2802
Needle is too hardcore, I can't do, I'll just live with it for now but I'm going to keep with the tape. I'm moving to duct tape, Thanks for the good responds, except that one guy.
MSA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MSA64
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
What kind of tape did you use? If you are really determined in getting this off, use stickier tape like masking tape and apply on the corners. (duct tape as a last resort) Your better off getting new screen protectors on them rather than using the old ones. Masking tape works 100% off the time.