Resident evil Revelations or Kid icarus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frinkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Frinkar
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

Will get both eventually but can only afford one atm, which is the best to buy first?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I don't know I haven't played Resident Evil Revelations. But I know that Kid Icarus Uprising offers alot of content.

Avatar image for MisterCoolGuy99
MisterCoolGuy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MisterCoolGuy99
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I bought a 3DS with Resident evil revelations, kid icarus and Oot about 2 weeks ago. Haven't touched either kid icarus or OoT yet. Beaten the campaign in RE and have started the raid missions and hell mode. If you like RE:4 you'll really like revelations, the gameplay is really superb and similar to RE4 yet it feels creepier kinda like the earlier Resident evil games. Kid Icarus is also supposed to be really good, one day i'll start it haha. I suppose it would depend what you prefer: A serious, atmospheric, dark shooter/survival game or a more light hearted, fast paced, cartoony shooter game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Icarus offers a suprising amount of content, and its always good to support what is essensially a 'new ' ip for Nintendo
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
kid icarus, its a 30 hour game, not including multiplayer. :)
LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

Depends if you like the controls for Kid Icarus. Did you enjoy MP:H controls? If you did then get Kid Icarus, as the multiplayer will add tons of content. For me, I hated the controls of MP:H, so its a no go for Kid Icarus. I love RE:R.

oninowon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 oninowon
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
All I'll add is that you can't go wrong with either so pick the one you are in the mood for and get the other later.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I don't know what Resident Evil R is like, but I do know that Kid Icarus is fun kickass game with humor, & plenty of content to unlock.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
kid icarus looks more fun... though i heard handcramps...
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Resident evil. Kid Icarus gives cramps. It's a shame too seems like it would be fun I just can't get over my hands hurting trying to play it much.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
My vote's for Kid Icarus: Uprising, but especially since I prefer Metroid Prime: Hunters controls (and I'm pissed at Capcom for not allowing touchscreen aiming in RE: Revelations) and don't get hand cramps with the 3DS like I did with the original DS. I can play for long periods of time and don't even need to use the stand. That, and it's just brimming with replay value and a good dose of self-aware silliness, along with a few unexpected plot twists. Then there's the multiplayer, though I wouldn't suggest going in until you have some good weapons and powers...
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Both RE and KI are great games, but I'd say go with Revelations.

Est99Styolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Est99Styolz
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Kid Icarus for sure! multiplayer is addictive.. then again I only played RE demo lol
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Both are among the best games ever to grace a portable console.

JBL81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JBL81
Member since 2012 • 101 Posts
Revelations is worth it for Raid Mode alone. I've had the game since it came out and still can't stop playing the game. The 3d kinda sucks, but other than that it's worth checking out.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

RE:R is better,imo.

Just buy that.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Both are so awesome! But I've had more replayable fun with Kid Icarus, maybe buy that and it lasts until you have Revelations?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Revelations all the way.
fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts

It's gonna be hard for you to get a real good answer to go off of. Both of those games are great in many ways. The thing is that both of them are so completely different from each other in many ways. I had a hard time as well when i was choosing between Metal Gear Solid SnakeEater 3d or Kid Icarus. Revelations looks real good and plays really well. The story is good not great. You will get scared and creeped out and the additional content is more than enough to keep you playing for hours on end. Kid Icarus is the polar opposite of RE: Revelations. It's more light-hearted and humor filled. The cartoony yet outstanding graphics keep you smiling for hours on end. The main story itself is not long but they add an intensity meter to keep you playing the story way after it's over. The added content is a very nice addition that will definitley keep you playing the game for months. That's not including the Multiplayer. Both of the games are great it's really up to you and what you like! Good luck!

Frinkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Frinkar
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

right guys, thank you all for your suggestions, it was really hard to choose but i went with revelations and so far its an excellent game! I should be able to get Kid Icarus by the end of the month though, I just love all these great games on the 3DS can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3D in a few months!!

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#21 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Kid Icarus is the better game. Revelations is great, but half of its missions are focused on shooting rather than survival horror.

Uprising is a package full of content, and all of its levels are great. Plus. I have played the game for many hours and I have yet to experience cramps or have trouble with the controls.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Revelations is probably better. Kid Icarus is amazing and I like a more Nintendo game, but Resident Evil pushes the 3DS in terms of content and graphics. It has a full 10+ hour campaign, plus challenges, achievements and tons of unlockables. Then it has a co-op raid mode which can last dozens of hours as well. It also has fantastic graphics and is an incredible cinematic experience. Kid Icarus is great though, it quite a lengthy campaign, plus multiple difficulty settings that actually change what items you unlock and secret areas, achievements, online multi-player and tons of different weapons and abilities. Both are literally both leaking with content. Resident Evil Revelations has better graphics though, but Kid Icarus also looks incredible and uses the 3D effect incredibly well.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#23 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I like Kid Icarus but I hate the awkward controls. Resident Evil Revelations is still my most played 3DS game and I still enjoy it Raid mode for me gives it a lot of replay value.

gabgabgab39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gabgabgab39
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

Both are brilliant but I would have to say Resi