Reggie On E309: "All Of Your Fans Will Love It!"

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

Just was watching GameTrailers TV, and the end Reggie says while on the topic of E3, "All of your fans will love it!".

In that episode, he hints at a few major titles that could be in the works, including Zelda and Mario. We can only hope. :)

I'm hoping for more details on Resort, Wii Fit Plus, and possibly a new Zelda, Mario, or Kirby game. :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=55&ch=4&sd=0 (link to the part of the episode where he goes into E3 details) ;)

What do you think?

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

dont get your hopes up >__>

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
"Wii Fit plus" NOOOOO!!!!!
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Don't...get....hyped... :x
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
When he talks about Zelda and Mario, he says just that. Those teams are working on their next installments, they are coming. Unlike others, Nintendo shows off their games when they are pretty far in development -- so depending on that is when we will see the next Mario/Zelda -- DO NOT expect those at E3 2009 -- because it is very likely you will get disappointed. As for all your fans will love it -- I hope so, after last year many people got disappointed by their own ridiculous hype -- Him saying this and not delivering will just make more people mad.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

As for all your fans will love it -- I hope so, after last year many people got disappointed by their own ridiculous hype -- Him saying this and not delivering will just make more people mad.Haziqonfire
Reggie knows the audience of GTTV, and he certainly remembers fans' reactions to E3 last year. We can only hope that he wouldn't make the same mistake again....

Reuters also reports that Nintendo will "debut new key software in June [read: at E3] that will revitalize the Wii." They'll have something good.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]As for all your fans will love it -- I hope so, after last year many people got disappointed by their own ridiculous hype -- Him saying this and not delivering will just make more people mad.JordanElek

Reggie knows the audience of GTTV, and he certainly remembers fans' reactions to E3 last year.

And he didn't understand why they weren't satisfied. He felt that Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing were hardcore and would surely please. So no, don't get your hopes up. "Revitalizing" the Wii can take many forms, and it's not a sure bet that it'll be a form of a new Zelda or whatever. Could just be a new software channel, or a new "teach math to toddlers" game. That would revitalize the Wii.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Yay! Wii music 2!
ricothehat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ricothehat
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts

Right. Thanks, Reg, I'm sure we will see some riveting stuff. I'm thinking less of a story or gameplay driven game and more of a... well...Wii Paint: up to four players paint interiors of houses-use white or beige to feel your creativity, and don't forget the second coat!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"] And he didn't understand why they weren't satisfied. He felt that Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing were hardcore and would surely please. So no, don't get your hopes up. "Revitalizing" the Wii can take many forms, and it's not a sure bet that it'll be a form of a new Zelda or whatever. Could just be a new software channel, or a new "teach math to toddlers" game. That would revitalize the Wii.

On the other hand I think fans expect too much. I also think fans can never be satisfied, no matter what you do, you're doing it wrong. Last year, I know many people here were upset, me, I was a tad disappointed but I didn't care much. I had a lot to catch up on anyway, de blob and world of goo were around the corner -- we finally had a form of voice chat, that people wanted -- and we got introduced to Wii MotionPlus, which has been getting glowing previews in a number of titles from third parties. I think people expect too much, get disappointed. Nintendo is not like other companies -- they don't show software when its in the very early stages, which is good, because hype can do a lot of bad things -- like making me hate Twilight Princess.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

All I want to see at E3 is just new info about the games that Nintendo showed us in a brief video on October 2nd, 2008. Well the video wasn't brief but all the First party games in that video was only 2 seconds of each game and I would just like to see more of it.

That way I wouldn't be expecting much so I wouldn't be disappointed because Nintendo has to show most of those games again since we have barely any info on most of them and they are all going to be released this year.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Maybe we'll see the much rumored Kid Icarus game finally?

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts

legend26
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] On the other hand I think fans expect too much. I also think fans can never be satisfied, no matter what you do, you're doing it wrong.

That's not an excuse to not try. I mean, look at the fanboys on the other platforms. They seem completely satisfied. Nintendo really has been slacking with their releases (I mean, sure, don't show them until close to release date, but how about actually releasing some games, ja?), and won't even fill the gaps because they refuse to bring over their Japanese games. I don't think you can excuse it by saying that people are just hard to please. I was also like you last year. I was disappointed in their performance, but didn't expect them to do much. And I still don't expect them to impress me. I'm more excited about getting to see what the 3rd parties are doing. Great stuff going on there. Nintendo is not the most important developer or publisher on the Wii anymore. So that's why I say not to hype Ninty at E3. If they have something good to show, great. But in the likelihood that they don't, better to focus on 3rd parties.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

I watched that at 1:30 AM last night. The Punch-Out footage was nice and it had some cool extras that I didn't know about. I will not get my hopes up this time, they're going to have to prove themselves to me. I loved when the guy asked 'When will we see Mario on WiiWare?' I almost started cheering inside because I'd love to see that happen and Nintendo knows that the fans want it but they want 3rd parties to get on WiiWare. I'm not gonna get hyped for E3 this time but I'll tune in for sure. If they surprised us with Excitebots out of the blue then maybe they do have some more tricks up their sleeves.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well he has already hinted at a game yesterday uknown at thw moment

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17844 Posts
i think he mentioned somethign liek that last year and it wasnt exactly brimming with top quality info. i will wait and see.
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts

Not again... not hyping E3 again...

Must...

Not..

Get...

Disapaointed.. *balls up in a corner*

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]When he talks about Zelda and Mario, he says just that. Those teams are working on their next installments, they are coming. Unlike others, Nintendo shows off their games when they are pretty far in development -- so depending on that is when we will see the next Mario/Zelda -- DO NOT expect those at E3 2009 -- because it is very likely you will get disappointed. As for all your fans will love it -- I hope so, after last year many people got disappointed by their own ridiculous hype -- Him saying this and not delivering will just make more people mad.

no people got disopointed because ninty's didnt show any thing they wanted to see. i love it how some people always like to spin the blame.OOooo the fans were hyped ooooo they should expect a mediocer showing from a company with a history of strong showings blah blah blah lol :p
07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

Don't...get....hyped... :xSMR-Venom
too late :(

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I'm hyping four new Metroid titles. Unrealistic? Maybe. But I can hope.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

There are many possibilities, since all the other Ninty titles were announced yet...I think it would be time to finally confirm the previously Hinted Zelda(a true wii zelda game using wii graphical capabilities and renewed gameplay).Or metroid(retro studies had a long break)..Or Mario even. it has to be a big title.I think Icarus doesnt really cut it.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

legend26
Something will be annonced at E3 and it will be something really huge.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

legend26
Why not? Those guys at Nintendo aren't idiots. They saw the reaction to E3 08, and I doubt that they where happy about it. With all these great third-party games coming out, Nintendo is going to want another piece of the "hardcore" pie and will undoubtedly announce some sequels we have been waiting for.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

People should have learned from the last two years...

E3 = disappointing, focus on mainstream/casual

following conference in october = very good, nice surprises for core gamers

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

"All of your fans will love it!".

I don't let Reggie decide what makes me happy.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
What I found most interesting in the vid was Big Mac :D Big Mac Big Mac Big Mac Big Mac I need a double cheeseburger and hold the lettuce...
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

lets all hope for wii play 2! with even more useless mini games!

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Downlable content for wii fit?
Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

I think it may be a new Zelda title, as i feel they would of saved the new Zelda for DS till E3 if something elseZeldarelatedwasn't being announced, but thats just a hunch :P
Also, when is E3? Ialways forget lol.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="JordanElek"]

As for all your fans will love it -- I hope so, after last year many people got disappointed by their own ridiculous hype -- Him saying this and not delivering will just make more people mad.Haziqonfire
Reggie knows the audience of GTTV, and he certainly remembers fans' reactions to E3 last year.

And he didn't understand why they weren't satisfied. He felt that Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing were hardcore and would surely please. So no, don't get your hopes up. "Revitalizing" the Wii can take many forms, and it's not a sure bet that it'll be a form of a new Zelda or whatever. Could just be a new software channel, or a new "teach math to toddlers" game. That would revitalize the Wii.

Nintendo and esp. Reggie knows how to please Nintendo fans. Its called big games. Those epics we used to see and it does not need to be Mario, Zelda, or Metroid. It is just a simple matter of them needing to go a different direction in 08 and they seem to be focusing more on the hardcore in 09. If they want to satisfy the hardcore a new IP with a character as appealing as Mario or Zelda and gameplay and visuals to match would satisfy hardcores. Reviving an old series like Icarus or DK would satisfy the hardcore. If anything like that is coming and able to be anounced by E3 it would have to be worked on since before 08. These games take alot of time and Nintend simply does not make enough games now for all the audiences that buy their system.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I think it may be a new Zelda title, as i feel they would of saved the new Zelda for DS till E3 if something elseZeldarelatedwasn't being announced, but thats just a hunch :P
Also, when is E3? Ialways forget lol.

Oakfront

This year it is in june. It is from the 2nd-4th

dmcguk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dmcguk
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

I seriously hope it is a new Zelda my Wii is collecting dust ever since I completed TP and stopped playing it and there are no other games that I find interesting at all .

Buying a Wii was probably the worst gaming purchase I have ever made

damn I can`t spell today

alex6792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alex6792
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

ugh,ive learned not to expect much from nintendo,especially after last year..............animal crossing,wii sports resort,ugh i dont even wanna remember

=[

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

Yeah I don't trust Reggie since last years E3, total dissappointment, heck I'm still waiting for the September surprise!! :lol:

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Yay! Wii music 2!dtno132

This is about what I'm expecting too.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#37 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I hope some big game announcements like a new Zelda and Mario game areshown.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

i know it wont happen but man would i love to see a new REAL starfox game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
Reggie's gonna get himself tar and feathered he keep hyping these people up and not delivering what they expect.
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

No. I refuse to do so. Didn't Reggie promise a game LAST YEAR, that would get hardcore gamers excited? Well, what was it? The handheld GTA? Even though it turned out to be one of the best GTAs ever, gamers went no holds barred when Reggie said a rehash of Animal Crossing and a handheld GTA was good enough for hardcore gamers. Two games. Compared to the other consoles dozen exciting games coming out that year.

And with the announcement that Nintendo of America doesn't want to bring Fatal Frame 4 to America, I give up. Nintendo, your next Zelda game better be big, or words won't describe the onslaught of critism you'll get if your next Mario and Zelda titles are dumbed down.

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] On the other hand I think fans expect too much. I also think fans can never be satisfied, no matter what you do, you're doing it wrong. clicketyclick
That's not an excuse to not try. I mean, look at the fanboys on the other platforms. They seem completely satisfied. Nintendo really has been slacking with their releases (I mean, sure, don't show them until close to release date, but how about actually releasing some games, ja?), and won't even fill the gaps because they refuse to bring over their Japanese games. I don't think you can excuse it by saying that people are just hard to please.

Yeah, you just have to put out three decent hardcore games a year and gamers are satisfied. You just have to try, and Nintendo, with their new "Hardcore gamers are never satisified" excuse, seem to have given up already.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I'm happy with just one good game, but I will not hype E3s anymore

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#43 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Let's see if that will be true. I will try not to get hyped.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I think I'll probably just end up being disappointed again unless I keep my hype down.

Does Pierst win anything? :P

a

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

After last years show, especially the end with the awesome lights and everyone collectively wetting themselves just to be shown Ravi Drums (:lol: ), I won't get my hopes up.

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

I will say it again -___-, last years E3 was about casual so more people will by the wii so more people will be hardcore (which worked), now they're gonna start making tons of hardcore stuff, and this E3 will be full of it.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#47 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Will not get hyped for this but I do hope they say something about Fatal Frame IV :cry:

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

I'll believe it when I see it really.

Until then, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

wetwilli64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wetwilli64
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
Pikmin 3 FTW!
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Could just be a new software channel, or a new "teach math to toddlers" game. That would revitalize the Wii.clicketyclick
They're looking to revitalize the Wii in Japan, though, because it doesn't need revitalization in the West yet. But E3 is a western show, so they'll want to unveil something that's universally appealing. I'll just throw my guess out there and say Pikmin 3. We've known it's been coming for quite a while, and development couldn't take too long since they already have the foundation set from the first two games.