Quick Trauma Center Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emiroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Emiroo
Member since 2002 • 5123 Posts

I'm getting ready to buy Trauma Center.

I can get it used but was wondering if you can delete the game profiles and start from scratch.  I'd hate to buy the used copy only to find that it had a bunch of someone else's progress/records on it that I couldn't get rid of.  I've run into this problem on a handful of games.

Can you do this in the options screen or is there some "Boot Button Command" you must do to erase the data?

Thanks in advance.

ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts
Hey Emiroo! Haven't seen you around in a while. Trauma Center has 3 save files, and if they're all full I think you can just start a new game and save over one of them. Buying used shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Err, hold on. There is a challenge mode that keeps track of your top scores for each operation over all save files. I don't see any way to erase that. If that's a mode you think you'd use then you probably would be better off buying new.
Emiroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Emiroo
^ Thanks Archon. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Good eye on the challenge mode. I'm definitely going new now. I'd rather pay $5 more than have to deal with someone else's data. I'll never know why devs don't build in a "factory reset" into all carts. I know that many games have that option, but some do not. Particularly painful are Capcom games on GBA. I bought SSFII:TR used only to find that everything was completely unlocked and maxxed out. There is no way to reset that game. It saved me some work, but also ruined some fun. I'm forever pissed as the previous owner used a gameshark or something because the time attack totals are all 1 second or less. There's no way I can beat that.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#4 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Hey Emiroo! You can't beat 1 second or less? What's happened to you? I would post on the GameFAQs specific board, because there may be a hard reset listed in the instruction booklet (e.g. pressing A/B/L/R on bootup). I would check myself, but my book is in storage...
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchonBasic
That's too bad about Streetfighter, I can definitely see how that could ruin the game. A data erase option really should be standard these days, sometimes it's fun to just start over from scratch even if it's a game that you beat yourself. The advantages of having the ability to start fresh outweighs the small danger of losing all of your data IMO.
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchonBasic
Hey Emiroo! You can't beat 1 second or less? What's happened to you? I would post on the GameFAQs specific board, because there may be a hard reset listed in the instruction booklet (e.g. pressing A/B/L/R on bootup). I would check myself, but my book is in storage...CodingGenius
I didn't see anything about that in the instruction booklet, but it wouldn't hurt to look on GameFAQs. The smartest people are usually over there on the game specific boards.
Emiroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Emiroo
Nope, it's not in the book or GameFAQs and Capom's site flat out said that none of their GBA games have a reset feature :-(