Q: How do you feel about Nintendo developing on mobile/PC?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@bunchanumbers said:

Sony is already working on turning PSNow into PS5 so that they can become a pure streaming service, and MS is working on turning Xbox into an app for Windows 10.

I'm just very curious, where exactly did you get that information from? Have Sony and MS come out and confirmed that or is this just rumours? Because I'd bet my house on the fact that the PS4 and XB1 won't be the last home console, maybe in the future we'll have something like that but I don't see this streaming service happening anytime soon, especially with how well the PS4 and XB1 are selling.

Not to forget some people don't have the internet for a streaming service, like myself for example. Australian Internet sucks and I'm limited to 200GB a month, with really crappy speeds.

The Sony President said almost a year ago that a PS5 wont happen, it won't be a "console" it will be a streaming service like Netflix but with Sony's games.

Do you have a link for this?

I certainly hope that's not the case, because I've tried PS Now and while it works, the input lag for the controller made nearly all the games unplayable, or at least unenjoyable. The only ones that worked were puzzlers, turn based RPGs, and genres that didn't depend on fast reflexes. I don't see the tech being there for them to fully go streaming next gen or for quite some time to come. If they do go that direction, I won't be supporting them.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:

Leaked screenshot:

I can smell "microtransaction" contraband hidden in those floating boxes,is that for real,if so,then I'll pass,it's not worth a single jump,ass move if you ask me. I don't like mobile gaming because of that,I don't want companies that offer a "full price" but with additional "pay 4 me" content,don't they know what's the loss for extorting poor gamers? they{gamers} paid the game for the fun of it,but adding an extra price in the middle is a terrible way to return a trust.

in the picture's case,would it be fair to just jump for a small thing,but overpriced it? no,it's a suicide,microtransactions pose a nasty threat for both gamers and the company. they need cash they just sell the game,no fuss. paying for a small thing in the middle of action is childish. strapped on cash? supposedly it's a bad way to express one's wealth in a steadily balanced market,no wonder it reminded me of arcades back then.

if I'm one of them devs,I probably just remove those shopping hurdle carts and get on with it.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#54  Edited By Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Its cashing in, its not good, but its the way of the world, hopefully it has no adverse affect on the company.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Nintendo has joined forces with DeNa to make mobile games. Nintendo hasn't had a very good track record with teaming up in the past.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

Nintendo has joined forces with DeNa to make mobile games. Nintendo hasn't had a very good track record with teaming up in the past.

This is much different than anything else Nintendo has ever been involved in.

The closer you look at this it's DeNA helping out a failing Nintendo. Right now Nintendo is dying and it's happening quickly, DeNA saw a chance to bolster their catalog while also helping themselves with stock prices.

All you need to look at is that DeNA is now the second largest share holder of Nintendo stock. This isn't like Sony or even Bandai, this is a company that said that they're not going to even bother with Nintendo unless they had a say in the way Nintendo runs from now on.

People who are saying this wont change Nintendo are lying to themselves and trying to make other believe it to feel better. This has changed Nintendo completely.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

One question is, will making games that are playable on both consoles and mobile devices bring the quality of the console games down?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#58 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

If your primary focus is to make games, you can't ignore a market as large as mobile.

Though anyone expecting to see a traditional The Legend of Zelda experience on mobile is kidding themselves. They're going to use mobile as a platform to strengthen their brands and as a means to gain additional revenue, to use on the mainline, 'premium' products on their consoles and handhelds.

Amiibo was a good start in a different business venture, mobile is the next one, they'll likely have more means and ways to improve brands to entice more people to play on their main platforms.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@haziqagha said:

Though anyone expecting to see a traditional The Legend of Zelda experience on mobile is kidding themselves. They're going to use mobile as a platform to strengthen their brands and as a means to gain additional revenue, to use on the mainline, 'premium' products on their consoles and handhelds.

Except that there's never been a mobile game or app that has strengthened someone's brand elsewhere.

The best so far has been companion apps that let the player check their status or gain rewards for the main game. Problem there is that it's always game than app, never reverse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts
@Jaysonguy said:

@haziqagha said:

Except that there's never been a mobile game or app that has strengthened someone's brand elsewhere.

The best so far has been companion apps that let the player check their status or gain rewards for the main game. Problem there is that it's always game than app, never reverse.

We'll see but knowing Nintendo they're not going to do what everyone else does in that space.

Also I expect them to use mobile as a means to promote their brands in more meaningful ways than traditionally done. Think Jay-Z promoting his album on Samsung devices, or Lady Gaga doing so on the iPhone with her app. Same type of strategy.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

@haziqagha:

good analogy