Perhaps a bit TOO effective...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
My folks just made something very clear to me over this past weekend. And frankly, I think it's because Nintendo did a really good job making the Wii a 'for everyone' system. See, my family is in the search for a new residence. Someplace bigger so my widowed grandmother can move in with us (something I'm looking forward to, my grandma's awesome). At any rate, one of the things my folks want to do while we're moving in is get a big @$$ HDTV for the living room. Good stuff all around, right? New house, grandma always around, HDTV. No problems, right? ...Until Mom tells me that when we do get to a new house and get an HDTV to go with it, she wants the Wii in the living room connected to it. To be fair, she DID pay for it as a quasi-xmas gift to me, and I spend way more time playing 360 than Wii. But now it looks like the Wii I currently have in my room will never be in my new room. The whole reason she wants the Wii in the living room is because she REALLY likes Wii Sports and wants to use the wii as a sort of exercise machine, only more fun. As a sort of side-note, Mom has not played any games since.... ...The 80s. I think this is something of a good example of how the Wii's really getting its point across to those who try it out. Nintendo's strategy isn't as groundless as some people might think...
Avatar image for evrynitewithyou
evrynitewithyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 evrynitewithyou
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

ya my mom has played wii sports to ..she likes it she also plays the ds every now and then..its funny but nintendo made a smart move making their systems more family friendly.

i wish i had a new house and a hdtv ..and a grandma..lol

i couldn't see my mom playing a 360 tho..i guess the whole controller sensor thing is what fascinates adults.

Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
the wii may be good for people who normally do not play games but all of the hardcore gamers i know are bored of the wii already and are waiting for better games
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ClandestineZero
the wii may be good for people who normally do not play games but all of the hardcore gamers i know are bored of the wii already and are waiting for better gamesLeopold_Stotch
Count me among them. It's so sad too, because I had high hopes for Wii. But for the time being, there aren't enough games that suit me yet. It's bad enough that I wasn't really bothered that much when Mom sprung the Wiilocation strategy to me...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
the wii may be good for people who normally do not play games but all of the hardcore gamers i know are bored of the wii already and are waiting for better gamesLeopold_Stotch
Well i'm not bored I got a few solid titles on launch day and thats all I have played since, and I'm still not bored so I guess you can all but one. Also welcome to Q1 of a newly launched system, I mean all systems have a slow down in January and February every year. But new consoles have a harder time because they have less titles available. Next year this wont be as much of a problem because there will be alot more games on the shelves. So there is no need for disappointment because you should have known that there would be lag in the start of 07.
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
yeah im about halfway through zelda but im wishing for another game to come out. but hey, if i had a ps3 all id have is resistance and if i had a 360 thered only be like 5 games i want. so i think the wii is the best choice, seeing as i know im picking up at least 5 more games for it by the end of the summer
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ClandestineZero
[QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"]the wii may be good for people who normally do not play games but all of the hardcore gamers i know are bored of the wii already and are waiting for better gamesSepewrath
Well i'm not bored I got a few solid titles on launch day and thats all I have played since, and I'm still not bored so I guess you can all but one. Also welcome to Q1 of a newly launched system, I mean all systems have a slow down in January and February every year. But new consoles have a harder time because they have less titles available. Next year this wont be as much of a problem because there will be alot more games on the shelves. So there is no need for disappointment because you should have known that there would be lag in the start of 07.

Valid point. I retract my disappointment comment.
Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Banjo4321
Member since 2003 • 6229 Posts
In my case, there are too many games. I have a few Wii games, then I bought a good number of GameCube games (since I never owned that console), and then there is always the option of downloading more VC games. I'm almost overwhelmed by everything there is to play and experience.